Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Please Help With Your Candid Opinion - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Help With Your Candid Opinion (15585 Views)

I Am Dying, Please I Need Your Candid Advice / Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed / Your Candid Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by SarkinYarki: 1:35pm On Apr 15, 2021
Early 30s stacking boxes? Think am well sha...But that warehouse is better I swear

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by skuribeebo: 1:35pm On Apr 15, 2021
airminem:
Seek your pastors consent for proper guidance
sheep
Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by olumate(m): 1:35pm On Apr 15, 2021
Chose one and give me one abeg no time to check time
Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by SolarEdge: 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2021
Either job you end up with.. Always plan an exit by saving like your life depends on it and start up your own merchandise. Don't let staff bus and office AC at work block your brain from thinking the future.. A word is enough for the wise!

Check my signature for your solar package.. Solar is expensive though..

2 Likes

Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by Yankee101: 1:40pm On Apr 15, 2021
Go to the bank for the following reasons:
1. The bank is the least likely to go out of business
2. You're lucky to enter in your 30s, they usually do 20s entry level
3. You can be converted to full staff
4. As for extra cash you'll always get tips from customers, in a busy branch almost every working day you'll get something
5. If I'm hiring for a corporate role, I'll consider a bank teller before a warehouse assistant
6. You'll learn accounting on the job
7. You'll meet alot of successful business people from different fields. The warehouse won't give you this option
8. As a banker you'll know the hottest money maker in town because you can see everybody's accounts, deposits and inflows. So be ready to invest and not just depend on salary alone
9. I know of at least at least 3 bank tellers who became full staff. They applied to other banks as cash officers
10. You'll get lots of training

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by drey777: 1:44pm On Apr 15, 2021
Warehouse assistant is good. Then take courses on logistics and supply chain management.

Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by Bellotelli: 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
I THINK HE CAN STEAL MORE IN THE WAREHOUSE grin
Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by LyfeJennings(m): 1:46pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bigwig02:
Please help me make a Choice on this....

I am finding it difficult to make selection from this two option which happen to come immediately after some years of Job hunting, Just got two Offer from two different Consulting Firm(Contract)
Firstly is a Deposit Money Bank as an Teller,
Second is in a FMCG Company as an Warehouse Assistant. (night and Shifting work attach).

Both are Contract Job and also Same Salary Structure... Same State.... Considering my age early 30's which will be best option for career growth..
Thanks Candid Advice need urgently... Yet to do medical.

I work in a bank
Contract staff is in Bank is slavery
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TAKE IT

4 Likes

Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by Powersurge: 1:56pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bigwig02:

I am finding it difficult to make selection from this two option which happen to come immediately after some years of Job hunting, Just got two Offer from two different Consulting Firm(Contract)
Second is in a FMCG Company as an Warehouse Assistant. (night and Shifting work attach).

Both are Contract Job and also Same Salary Structure... Same State.... Considering my age early 30's which will be best option for career growth..

Pray! That's I didn't do that made me chose "jucier" offer and didn't end so well. That being said. Working in a bank is like being in a mini prison. Until you are sacked, you wouldn't be useful to yourself or your loved ones. This warehouse could give you opportunity to source for a better offer. And if by any chance you think you could be converted to permanent staff in banks, think again. PS: nothing is impossible with God. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by sinola(m): 1:59pm On Apr 15, 2021
if you want to build a career and be average in life,go for bank teller but if you want to make it quick with deals and businesses ,go for warehouse assistant.
Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by PrisonEscapee(m): 2:00pm On Apr 15, 2021
Dhavido:
What did you study in school?
Which will you enjoy doing more?
E be like say you no dey Naija

Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by alfamale: 2:02pm On Apr 15, 2021
Fulaniherdmens:
Warehouse assistance, you can benefit from free shareholder of timing and flexibility. You can also know business ethics and even management techniques.
One good thing working in a factory warehouse is that products that are deemed bad less unprofitable can be willed to staffs who can make extra income when resold.

Will you keep kwaet?

Feel free to educate him on how to steal from the warehouse!

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bigwig02:

Teller work is Slavery, trust me. You don't develop not even one bit.
Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by tabaski: 2:20pm On Apr 15, 2021
Forget banking. No career path. Flexibility to engage in other ventures? Go for the warehouse thingy. My opinion though

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bigwig02:

Go for the warehouse job,learn fast within 2 years you apply for Warehouse supervisor or Officer, you won't regret it, anything fmcg is a goal

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by Dhavido(m): 2:30pm On Apr 15, 2021
PrisonEscapee:

E be like say you no dey Naija

I kuku dey the naija with una but I dey try get the abroad mindset
Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by bigfish3k: 2:57pm On Apr 15, 2021
My brother go for the warehouse job

You will regret the bank teller job because you will waste all your youthful years there.
I know many people who are regretting it today.

Contract job in bank is rubbish
Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 15, 2021
In as much as your sentence sounds ridiculously funny it’s as well a bad way to address your iberiberisim on NL.
alfamale:

Feel free to educate him on how to steal from the warehouse!
Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by Fakelondonboi(m): 3:18pm On Apr 15, 2021
WHERE UNA DEY SEE THIS JOB SELF?

I NEVER SEE ONE SINCE NYSC DAYS
Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by Uwyy: 3:19pm On Apr 15, 2021
please its better you go for the warehouse assistance. You will have more time for yourself. I was formally a bank teller and i suffered in paying shortages. No opportunity of being a full staff. Please just know that bank job is a slavery work.

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by Eserise1(m): 3:22pm On Apr 15, 2021
Better Go for the warehouse assistant it will help you during the day when you are on Night shift to plan for other hussle. But work will stress you 7am - 7pm sometimes weeknd too if you miscalculate and there is shortage, you go pay urself, so I advice you to go for warehouse job
Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by teemy(m): 3:22pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bigwig02:

Which company is more stable? The well-being of the company determines if they will remain healthy enough to keep paying salaries and not fold up or stop paying salaries one day.

P.S There are risks involved in both. Things get missing in warehouses and the attendants are held responsible. Banks are now danger spots as lots of criminals are on the loose post EndSars.
Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 15, 2021
maximunimpact:
[s]Why chose between 2 bad options when you can learn something new and make 50 times of whatever those two companies can pay you combined!

The only thing stopping a normal Nigerian from living the dream is fear of stepping out, as long as you are only interested in your comfort zone threads like this will keep popping out.[/s]

You people reason like foools sometimes sorry no sorry, You think shiiiithole Is a nation you can Just make decisions as you deem fit, Perhaps you think everyone has the luxury of finance and assistance. Hunger never wire your brain before....
Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by PrisonEscapee(m): 3:25pm On Apr 15, 2021
Dhavido:

I kuku dey the naija with una but I dey try get the abroad mindset
Na u sabi

Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by Zeedarh(f): 3:33pm On Apr 15, 2021
maximunimpact:
Why chose between 2 bad options when you can learn something new and make 50 times of whatever those two companies can pay you combined!

The only thing stopping a normal Nigerian from living the dream is fear of stepping out, as long as you are only interested in your comfort zone threads like this will keep popping out.

Good afternoon.

Something new like what sir?
Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by jaxxy(m): 3:37pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bigwig02:

Warehouse.
Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by hakeem4(m): 3:38pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bigwig02:

warehouse is the best option bro
Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by eskorelvis: 3:55pm On Apr 15, 2021
spartan50:
Working as a warehouse assistance would give you better opportunities as to bank job. You would have more freedom and you could easily start aa business from your experience there.

First to comment this year. May this month bring us great benefits in Jesus name! Amen.
Lala credit me sharply

do they give people with ftc on fp money or wat? cos many make a big deal of all these ftc thing
Re: Please Help With Your Candid Opinion by spartan50(m): 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2021
eskorelvis:

do they give people with ftc on fp money or wat? cos many make a big deal of all these ftc thing
just for fun bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thread For N-health Applicant, Please Read The Instructions Carefully / N-Power Batch C: How To Check The N-Power Category You Applied For / 25 Fantastic Organisations To Work With That Did Not Make Jobberman List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.