Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Warning To Nigerian Police (why Security Men Are Now Endangered Species In 9ja) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Warning To Nigerian Police (why Security Men Are Now Endangered Species In 9ja) (562 Views)

Increasing Rape, Ritual Killings Making Women ‘Endangered Species' / Lady Beaten Mercilessly By Neighbourhood Security Men in Enugu Over N1000 (Pix) / Cultists Stripped To Their Underwear After Being Arrested By Security Men.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning To Nigerian Police (why Security Men Are Now Endangered Species In 9ja) by Tonway(m): 1:05pm On Apr 15, 2021
The unlawful and barbaric operational style of the men and women of the Nigerian police force, Ikot Ekpene Area command and Division has reached a crescendo that sane men and women have to lend their voices in condemnation, or else, it won’t be too long when the people would find a way to protect themselves and avenged the unlawful harassment, intimidation and extortion from uniform and arms men of Nigeria in the ancient city of Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State. Just recently we have witnessed in Essien Udim, where some citizens took up arms and unconventional means to target security operatives in Akwa Ibom State, and other states of the federation, some events happening barely after the wake of the just concluded #EndSars protest that rocked the entire country. With all these, one would have expected that officers and managers of the police and other security forces would constantly drum it into the ears of their subordinate operatives to refrain from arresting and harassing innocent citizens at will, all in the quest to extorting already impoverished people.

Just this morning I got out of my house and stopped a bike on Old Itu Road, about to go to work. A police van just came out from nowhere and blocked us, almost throwing us into the gutter. I enquired what the matter was, and they responded that they want to search my bag. I demanded if they have a warrant, or if there was any complained about me? One of the four armed police men that rushed out of their van as if they were about to arrest Abubakar Shekau of the Boko Haram or ESN and their outlawed IPOB people went and reported to their boss, whom I believed they were acting on his order. After they realized that I was not going to be an easy push, as the people were beginning to come out and formed clusters, their leader directed them to leave me and the bike man, which they did and left.

You see it is action like this by men of the security forces that is now making them an endangered species in Nigeria. How can the police and other security operatives that are paid to protect the people, now turned to be the chief terrorists and harassers of the people? The police authority must call their people to other, as ongoing happenings in the country would only emboldened the people to take the law into their hands to protect themselves, and avenged their high handedness. The people’s representatives from the Councilors, Chairmen, State House and Federal House members, Senators and even governors should start standing up for the people they are representing. For it is not a crime to be a Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Warning To Nigerian Police (why Security Men Are Now Endangered Species In 9ja) by hisgrace090: 1:14pm On Apr 15, 2021
Cry of nigerians against uniform men brutality especially the police have riched the high heavens long ago.
Re: Warning To Nigerian Police (why Security Men Are Now Endangered Species In 9ja) by Neyorolex(m): 1:15pm On Apr 15, 2021
with this kind of face( wicked face) am see as a commissional of police
u people should start defending ur selves or start another #endsars
Re: Warning To Nigerian Police (why Security Men Are Now Endangered Species In 9ja) by edochie12: 5:52pm On Apr 15, 2021
You people are still complaining,we have treated their Bleep up in the east,you can't see any police or army personnels intimidating anyone here,no check points,no road blocks,no illegal arrest.

(1) (Reply)

Deleted / Husband Kills His Wife / 14 Year-old Boy Shot 8 Year-old Sibling To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.