Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community (20068 Views)

OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) / Solar Hybrid Mini-Grid: REA Electrifies Ogun State Community After 200 Years / Mubarak’s Wife Appeals To Nigerian Senate after 100 days in prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community by UncutSk(m): 9:05am On Apr 16, 2021
numericalguy:

These two olodos should stop advertising their ignorance on a public forum.
solar na scam and can't power nothing
Re: After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community by UncutSk(m): 9:08am On Apr 16, 2021
PenuelFarms:
It's funny the way people sound very affirmative, even in their ignorance.
The maintenance of solar is very cheap. There are batteries now that can last up to 10-12 years while solar panels last up to 25 years.
Go and find out what India is doing with PV solar. The country installed solar capacity that is over 5 times Nigeria's national grid capacity, just within a short period.

solar is not for the poor
and it can't power nothing
Re: After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community by KingOfAmebo(m): 9:09am On Apr 16, 2021
fergie001:

Yes, it can power the whole village because it depends on their load demand, and not the size of the village. This must have been put into consideration during the feasibility study of this project.

Again, the maintenance cost of RE systems are far less than Diesel Generators or fossil-driven conventional electricity.

The major issues of RE surrounds their high first capital cost, stochasticity and expertise (in general). I believe this has been taken care of.

I feel there should be more spacing, and the panels on the left should be tilted at an angle equivalent to the latitude of the location. I don't think that's around 6°.....(the pix might just be for illustration though).

It is a laudable project. This REA/EEP is one area I don't know how to fault the FG on. They are doing well here.

PS: This is a private driven one and still commendable.

You have time replying educated illiterates like fergie001...some people will just come on nairaland to proudly display their ignorance.

I just scroll up if your first sentence or paragraph is disjointed, I can't be wasting my time reading trash.
Re: After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community by LikeAking: 9:13am On Apr 16, 2021
lequama10:
you know nothing, so FG should continue with fossil again, when the whole world is going clean. You need enlightenment, please comprehend before you make comments..

Dont be too quick to compete with the white man.
Re: After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community by LikeAking: 9:14am On Apr 16, 2021
PenuelFarms:
It's funny the way people sound very affirmative, even in their ignorance.
The maintenance of solar is very cheap. There are batteries now that can last up to 10-12 years while solar panels last up to 25 years.
Go and find out what India is doing with PV solar. The country installed solar capacity that is over 5 times Nigeria's national grid capacity, just within a short period.

Please tell me the price of those batteries that can last for 10-25 years.
Re: After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community by LikeAking: 9:27am On Apr 16, 2021
altteemy:

Could you send a link or contact

just go on google you will see him. He has won awards and angel funding for it.

Another Nigerian Mr. Agustine has also been building very local, but yet working Hydroelectric Power Plant.

1 Like

Re: After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community by LikeAking: 9:34am On Apr 16, 2021
ZooOga:

Uganda Babe. GEJ bought a few bought they were looted.

ROSE TWINE THE INNOVATOR & INVENTOR OF ECO STOVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQwaJKmx7_0

Rose Twine has invented a product not only made in Uganda but also a product which will solve many problems that are associated with cooking in many countries in Africa. Cooking is done by women in Africa, for many centuries women have collected wood in all sorts of weather conditions not to mention the weight they carry on their heads while carrying young children on their backs. The Eco Stove powered by solar energy addresses these problems. The Eco Stove is affordable and available right now

Rose Twine: Founder and Innovator of the Eco Stove

https://www.nunnovation.com/2018/04/11/rose-twine-founder-innovator-eco-stove/

she try.
Re: After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community by LikeAking: 9:37am On Apr 16, 2021
Simplyleo:

Batteries are part of solar panel installation.

Did you see it anywhere in the report that there are no batteries for the installation?

The issue is, after installation, which "way too high" maintenance is required?

And yes, I use solar panel with 4 (200AH each) deep cycle batteries in my house. For the past 2 years plus, I haven't spent a dime on the system.

How many hours are you using ur solar energy in a day?
Re: After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 16, 2021
LikeAking:

Please tell me the price of those batteries that can last for 10-25 years.

Look out for BYD batteries. You can rest assured it will last for 10 years.

1 Like

Re: After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 16, 2021
UncutSk:
solar is not for the poor
and it can't power nothing

That's not true.
I speak from the position of knowledge.
As financial consultant to a big Solar PV project to power 4 communities.

Guys always have pictures of solar home systems SHS in mind when they hear solar power.
Re: After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community by olaolaking: 10:50am On Apr 16, 2021
LikeAking:
Solar scams by this scament.

Na this solar panel go give the whole village light?

Solar panels for the masses is a big waste for now.

The maintenance is way too high.

Fg should do the right thing for once.

Dia Fada!

Oga go and seat down. Are you an electrical engineer or solar panel expert? Maintenance too high kò,
Re: After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community by olmoRoc: 11:11am On Apr 16, 2021
The price will further be reduced as we get more people into the project,

That's a big fat lie!

Prices for services, generally, do not go down in Nigeria.
Re: After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community by Elliotwaveforec: 11:17am On Apr 16, 2021
Simplyleo:

Batteries are part of solar panel installation.

Did you see it anywhere in the report that there are no batteries for the installation?

The issue is, after installation, which "way too high" maintenance is required?

And yes, I use solar panel with 4 (200AH each) deep cycle batteries in my house. For the past 2 years plus, I haven't spent a dime on the system.

Abey, how do I get one? 1000 watts; I hope it's not expensive?
Re: After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community by Mrlouis: 11:59am On Apr 16, 2021
We always celebrate mediocrity. Rural electrification, #spits
Re: After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community by twosquare(m): 4:29pm On Apr 16, 2021
McLizbae:
When people talk down on solar-inverter systems, I always blame the engineers/electricans/installers.

Solar panel is not a fuel generator set, so using it like one will lead to untimely death of the system.

Before installing inverter system for people, you have to sit them down and sensitized them. Give them good orientation as to how to use the system. Only that way can people enjoy it.
I don't understand this part. Can you expatiate what people do exactly that kills the system?
Re: After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community by alphabbey1(m): 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2021
LikeAking:

Have you used sole bf?

Forget all the hype?

It requires lots of batteries to run at night. Quality batteries that can power a home are not so cheap.

Naija govt has been installing solar street lights and co for years and it always end in tears.

You know nothing about solar
Re: After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community by LikeAking: 8:00pm On Apr 20, 2021
alphabbey1:
You know nothing about solar

I beg tell me about solar.
Re: After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community by sylve11: 7:46am On Dec 28, 2021
oluwakayode25:
Been to a community like this in ogun state while doing this stupid contract job for FMARD..... The village is called gbamu gbamu.... You will think it is located on one of the far corners of the earth... Very faaaaaaar from civilization. The whole community runs on solar and they use LED bulbs in each houses to save energy... I don't know if they use refrigerators or high energy consumption appliances but i can tell you they have light 24/7 as long as they are able to afford payment for whatever unit they require... No electric poles in sight... No boreholes... No infrastructures in sight... No govt hospitals.. I was wowed!

grin cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Construct Super-highways Connecting Abuja And Lagos, PH And Lagos / Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS / "Rotimi Amaechi Is APC's ATM Machine", Says Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.