Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria (12975 Views)

CBN Lifts FX Restrictions On Milk, Dairy Products Import To Crash Prices / How To Remove Post No Debit Restrictions On Your Bank Account. / FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria by pieces18: 5:28pm On Apr 16, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://thenationonlineng.net/cbn-to-place-sugar-wheat-on-fx-restriction-lis/amp/

Pls describe the following in one word:

1. Buhari
2. This govt
3. CBN governor
4. The 9th senate.
Re: Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria by Yankee101: 5:41pm On Apr 16, 2021
Dangote hitting BUA
Re: Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria by Yankee101: 5:42pm On Apr 16, 2021
Monopoly

Open border and fx for me, shut it down when I'm done

1 Like

Re: Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria by baralatie(m): 5:50pm On Apr 16, 2021
Yankee101:
Dangote hitting BUA
how?
Re: Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria by Yankee101: 5:54pm On Apr 16, 2021
baralatie:

how?

Dangote accused BUA of bagging imported sugar
Re: Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria by baralatie(m): 5:54pm On Apr 16, 2021
Yankee101:
Monopoly

Open border and fx for me, shut it down when I'm done
you guys are not getting the problem here!

cbn does not have enough forex to satisfy the import market?

monopoly in what area.sugar or wheat?

there are lots of players from dangote, flour mills,eagle mills,honey well and bua.
and they rely heavily on importation of ancillary goods to run their local assembly/production operations
Re: Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria by baralatie(m): 5:55pm On Apr 16, 2021
Yankee101:

Dangote accessed BUA of bagging imported sugar
https://www.nairaland.com/6504418/more-photos-buas-sugar-plantation
this one?
Re: Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria by Wickedfacts: 8:57pm On Apr 16, 2021
MIKOLOWISKA:
to be replaced by what, hunger?

It is only the North that depends on 1 person to feed them. Let Dangote go and be selling his goods in Niger and Chad. SE will use Ibeto, SW will use Lafarge.
Re: Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria by GreaterFuture3: 9:49pm On Apr 16, 2021
wristbangle:
Producing locally is more expensive than. Importing the same material. I don't blame those who import rather to produce here. Those in supply chain field will understand fully what I am saying.
Pls expatiate in this, as regards to Grains and Agriculture products pls.
Cos colleagues said the same thing about local Soya, maize as opposed to Foreign/imported Soya and Maize. Quality they said, was also better
Re: Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria by Richthekid: 10:59pm On Apr 16, 2021
Why
Re: Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria by newisd75: 7:07am On Apr 17, 2021
Bakrabas:
Is dangote a blessing or curse for Nigeria?

Click like if Dangote is a curse and share if he's blessing to Nigeria.
Dangote Is 70% of nigeria problem
Re: Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria by Misterone: 10:42am On Apr 17, 2021
Orlaoluwayimika:
Dangote sef still dey find money.

He dictates our economy no doubt and this is a sad one for a nation of close to 200m just a single person dictating our economy.

The effect of this is another increase in the price of regular food items.

Wheat being the Raw material for Flour and an increase in it is price would ve a bad effect on majority of the populace becos every common man's food price would increase from BREAD to Indomie.

We go hear wen before this admin ends
All these negativism is to what end? Government has not stopped anyone from entering the business. Dangote believes in Nigeria, that is why he is investing in Nigeria. Those Who believe in Nigeria Should invest in Nigeria.
Re: Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:01pm On Apr 20, 2021
Wickedfacts:

It is only the North that depends on 1 person to feed them. Let Dangote go and be selling his goods in Niger and Chad. SE will use Ibeto, SW will use Lafarge.
really
I don't hear them complaining when lokoja flooded and when beans was scarce and when tomato was scarce
Re: Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:04pm On Apr 20, 2021
Vicogrin:

Chai...be calming down o
and who told you I'm lazy??
do you have a Benet factory? If no, then you're lazy
Re: Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria by Vicogrin(m): 5:44am On Apr 21, 2021
MIKOLOWISKA:
do you have a Benet factory? If no, then you're lazy
Okay
Re: Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria by HashEconomy: 9:13pm On Apr 23, 2021
Last week central bank announced that it has added sugar and wheat to its FX restriction list.

What does FX restrictions mean?

This means that federal government will no longer give dollar to individuals seeking the same for the purpose of importing wheat and sugar.

Can one import if you source for your own forex?

Yes you can, however by procedure the bank is required to get an approval from CBN before processing your form M. Accompanied also by an evidence to show you have your own forex in domiciliary account.

The implication of the addition
With the latest development, those who intend to import sugar and wheat into Nigeria will have to source for forex at the black market, which will make the price rise at the market because of the exchange rate.
The option left for them is to key into the backward integration policy of the federal government by investing in the local production of wheat and sugar.
Re: Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:07pm On Apr 28, 2021
Wickedfacts:

yet any small blockage by flood disease or Boko it is south that cries loudest. Think am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"We Have Recovered N644bn" - AMCON / CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators / NNPC, Investors To Relocate Refinery From Turkey To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.