Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde (19928 Views)

Seyi Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC Prof Ologunde / Meet Michael Olufisayo Ologunde, LAUTECH New Vice Chancellor / Lautech Vc Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by Mokason288(m): 5:30am On Apr 17, 2021
noleflendum:
ipob terrorist spotted
Fulani Jihadist spotted

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by saajus: 5:41am On Apr 17, 2021
I know for Federal, the President can remove a VC after due consultation with the Council and the Senate acting through the Minister of Education. The law says consultation, not a recommendation. Consultation is just an exchange of opinions but, the President still have the power to sack at his own prerogative. I believe that the law should stand for state universities too.
Greatest100:
Why was he sacked? Is it based on recommendation of the governing council or the governor unilaterally relieved him of his appointment. Things like this is bound to happen aftermath of the ownership status handed over to Oyo state from co-ownership with Osun state government.
I think the governor want to bring in his own candidate. Anyway best known to him.
Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by segun18(m): 5:56am On Apr 17, 2021
aremuforlife:

You asked a question, you also answered the question

Just imagine
Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by Apostlevincent(m): 6:05am On Apr 17, 2021
Lmao

Penguin2:
Makinde, “silent but deadly”.

The man I wanna be.

You won’t hear me talk, but if you cross my lane you go collect. In fact, double collecting.

Ride on Makinde!

PDP starboy from the Westside.

Those who call you audio can come use my early morning poo for breakfast grin
Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by Mayniaa: 6:18am On Apr 17, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Just like Jerry Gana spokesman of Boko Haram 2019, and the the CAN helicopter found with weapons in 2015 during jonathanian term

Any link backing this up?
Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by dionma: 6:22am On Apr 17, 2021
Makinde-Mr quiet but deadly has struck again
Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by ThatFairGuy1: 6:33am On Apr 17, 2021
This is tyrannical. Audio Seyi Makinde.
Because he instigated them to ask for their right
Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by Houstency(m): 6:41am On Apr 17, 2021

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by tishbite41(m): 7:05am On Apr 17, 2021
Chai
Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by Duplexxx: 7:16am On Apr 17, 2021
OK
Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by Mac2016(m): 7:19am On Apr 17, 2021
Political class in Nigeria has too much power over everything. They can sack Obas, VCs etc. It is well. This has to change in future. Imagine what education will turn into under a whimsical person at the helms of affairs in the nearest future. It's so dangerous in here!
Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by charlesucheh(m): 7:34am On Apr 17, 2021
That's what happens to a VC that constructively opposes the GOVERNMENT to a SHOCK!!!
Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by dangotesmummy: 7:37am On Apr 17, 2021
AmigoDeDon:
I am not surprised...
why?

Because I am
Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by Thelife: 7:37am On Apr 17, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Just like Jerry Gana spokesman of Boko Haram 2019, and the the CAN helicopter found with weapons in 2015 during jonathanian term

Just like your useless buhari and other northern government that wrote to the western country to ban Nigeria army from purchasing weapons while bokoharam are at there peak killing Christian which lead to CAN using jet to smuggle weapon for Nigeria Army.

Useless terrorist

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by arsenal33: 7:54am On Apr 17, 2021
Mokason288:

So Jerry Gana was under US Terror watch list ?

Or you feel Us will just accuse a minister without proper investigation

Why is ur god Isa Pantani not trying to defend himself

Anuofia
you ignored the part of the helicopter full of dollars
Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by joefelin2345: 8:03am On Apr 17, 2021
charlesucheh:
That's what happens to a VC that constructively opposes the GOVERNMENT to a SHOCK!!!
Though we don't know the detail of what led to this decision, but someone said that ..the relationship b/t the duo has been frosty even before the Gov was sworn in. First a more sensible VC even if he/she is from Oyo State could have known that his/her days are numbered as the occupant of the position under reference. Beside, the VC was chosen during the reign of Late Gov Ajimobi & Aregbesola. If his criticism was constructive as you want us to believe, why were the duo unable to pay the outstanding salary before the regime of the incumbent. Let's be more objective in our submission pls even of we don't like the person involved-joefelin@yahoo.com

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by Cmanforall: 8:23am On Apr 17, 2021
etokhana:
According to the document below, Professor Michael Ologunde has been asked to step aside till further notice by the Visitor to the institution, Governor of Oyo State, @seyiamakinde
Governors should allow the Universities to be bit independent in choosing their their Vice Chancellors
Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by maasoap(m): 9:12am On Apr 17, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Michael Ologunde is from Osun State.
I guess he was sacked, possibly due to the fact that he is from Osun State and the school now belongs solely to Oyo State.
He was appointed when both states still run the school together.

I hope the same fate doesn't await Lautech workers of Osun state origin because this is not what the two states agreed on before the separation.
Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by maasoap(m): 9:14am On Apr 17, 2021
donpapa:

Oops! He’s more like the sacrificial lamb..
Btw, he was only asked to step aside undecided Perhaps he might be recalled cool ..But then, anything is possible in this part of the world

When you are asked to step aside in Nigeria, just know that some people have concluded a plan to trample upon your rights and they don't want to be seen as being wicked. So, they will start with step they and the public can defend like you just did here. Did you read anything about what he did? There is no coming back for him.
Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by maasoap(m): 9:20am On Apr 17, 2021
na2016:

Sacrificial? If the state now owns the school alone, then this bound to happen

Very wrong if their agreement was for him to serve his tenure. But we're Nigerians, our words are not our bound.
Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by naija4life247: 9:39am On Apr 17, 2021
Penguin2:
Makinde, “silent but deadly”.

The man I wanna be.

You won’t hear me talk, but if you cross my lane you go collect. In fact, double collecting.

Ride on Makinde!

PDP starboy from the Westside.

Those who call you audio can come use my early morning poo for breakfast grin

You want to be silent but deadly, we will be there to treat your fucck up.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by zealousayo(m): 9:46am On Apr 17, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:

Brother, don't be sentimental. You're saying this because Makinde is not an APC member. Notwithstanding, everybody plays politics, even in religious places. Those that appointed Prof. were APC members. When Makinde came to Lautech during the campaign period in 2019, Prof. Ologunde led management sanctioned and suspended all the Student leaders present there. Makinde is only paying them back now.

Besides, if Osun had not given up Lautech, would he have been able to take that drastic action against the VC?

I'm not happy with what happened to the VC because Osun State students and workers would be marginalized, but mind you, as you're blaming Makinde, give Oyetola his own portion too.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by zealousayo(m): 9:51am On Apr 17, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:

You're talking about him instigating the workers for their rights, please in whose regime were they owed the salary? Did the VC instigate the workers against Aregbe and Ajimobi? Even Oyetola has not paid the backlogs of salary Aregbesola owed as he had promised to... Abeg leave sentiment.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by Hardex4Tech: 9:52am On Apr 17, 2021
No one knows why the state governor took such action but i am quite sure the actual reason will be uncovered soon.
Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by Cerebellum: 11:03am On Apr 17, 2021
DarkCaesar:
Makinde should face the security issues riddling his state and he wouldn’t have made this stupid decision if the school is still co-owned

If you see Seyi makinde now, can you say what you just said?

Why don't you have sensee ntori oloun(no offense)
Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by Hassanmaye(m): 11:10am On Apr 17, 2021
Thelife:

Just like your useless buhari and other northern government that wrote to the western country to ban Nigeria army from purchasing weapons while bokoharam are at there peak killing Christian which lead to CAN using jet to smuggle weapon for Nigeria Army.

Useless terrorist

Nigeria is not like in 1960's so wake up
Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by Hassanmaye(m): 11:11am On Apr 17, 2021
Mayniaa:

Any link backing this up?
Do you have internet? Don't be a simp
Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by Thelife: 11:15am On Apr 17, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Nigeria is not like in 1960's so wake up

That's the reason why we don't want terrorist at our federal level.

Hopeless humanoid
Re: Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde by charlesucheh(m): 11:15am On Apr 17, 2021
joefelin2345:
Though we don't know the detail of what led to this decision, but someone said that ..the relationship b/t the duo has been frosty even before the Gov was sworn in. First a more sensible VC even if he/she is from Oyo State could have known that his/her days are numbered as the occupant of the position under reference. Beside, the VC was chosen during the reign of Late Gov Ajimobi & Aregbesola. If his criticism was constructive as you want us to believe, why were the duo unable to pay the outstanding salary before the regime of the incumbent. Let's be more objective in our submission pls even of we don't like the person involved-joefelin@yahoo.com
you mean funds held tight by the state government right. his hands were definitely tied.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unuversities Increase Tuition Fees, Offer Discount For Children Of Workers / ASUU Strike Latest : How Total Is It In Your University? / Laspotech And No Result For Part Time Students After Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.