Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From (1102 Views)

Governor Akeredolu Receives Southwest Governors (PHOTOS) / Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors / Afenifere: Why SouthWest Governors Are Scared Of Taking Actions Against Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by blamingthedevil: 12:44pm On Apr 17, 2021
Lagosians should understand that the "Rail Redline" of Lagos State Government is already in place as done by Federal Govt for Marina-Agbado Axis.

Lagos will not construct new rail lines except linking Ebute-Metta Station to Oyingbo and to the blue line that terminate at Marina for that axis.

Lagos State is just leveraging on existing infrastructure done by FG on Lagos- Ibadan Railway line by providing additional Rail Stations at Oyingbo, Yaba, Oshodi, Ikeja, iju,alagbado etc and Places where FG did not put Stations on the Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line.

Also Lagos State Government will provide it own red line coaches in addition to FG coaches plying Lagos to Ibadan, while Lagos Coaches will only stop at Agbado or Ota

Lagos State Government will provide additional infrastructure of overpasses for Pedestrian and vehicular bridges as done in Agege over the lines.

It is a smart move by Lagos State Government under Gov. Sanwo-Olu to quickly leverage and complement FG effort since is in line with Lagos State Megacity Plan thanks to President Buhari completing the project in 3 years.

Much progress have been made on the blue line with bridge crossing the Lagoon completed down to outer Marina on Lagos Island. The blue line is almost 70% completed.

Specifics on Leveraging on Federal Govt Completed Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line

- A span of 37km rail route from Marina to Agbado to be implemented in Phases, First Phase will be from Oyingbo to Agbado, to share tracks with NRC on the Lagos Ibadan Rail.

- On Phase1 completion, It is expected to run 37 trips daily which is about 450,000 passengers Daily, The NRC will also run a maximum of 16hours a day between Lagos and Ibadan.

- To ensure Safety for Lagosians, There are 10 vehicular overpasses and pedestrian bridges for proposed for this rail line to separate vehicular & pedestrian movements from train movements.

- Lagos State will construct four vehicular overpasses and pedestrian bridges in Mushin, Ikeja, Yaba and Oyingbo.

- FG would construct 5 vehicular overpasses & pedestrian bridges at Jibowu, Ilupeju, Shogunle, Jonathan Coker and Agbado.

Other State Governments in South West can learn from what Lagos is doing by connecting to and making use of Federal Govt Completed railway lines passing through their States. What is stopping Ogun States in complementing Federal Government effort by running it own redline from Ota to Abeokuta or elsewhere?

What is stopping the Oyo State Government in connecting to Federal Railway line and extending it to Ibadan Metropolis instead of buying Bicycles.

God Bless Gov Sanwo-Olu
God Bless Babatunde Fashola
God Bless Ambode for abandoning the project
God Bless Bola Ahmed Tinubu
God Bless Minister Amaechi
God Bless President Buhari (Mr Infrastructure)
God Bless Lagos State
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
God President Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by Jerryherd: 12:48pm On Apr 17, 2021
i like how he is focused on the task ahead, no time for irrelevant politicking

5 Likes

Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by blamingthedevil: 12:49pm On Apr 17, 2021
Jerryherd:
i like how he is focused on the task ahead, no time for irrelevant politicking
God Bless you Sir
God Bless your family

4 Likes

Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by Jerryherd: 12:51pm On Apr 17, 2021
blamingthedevil:

God Bless you Sir
God Bless your family

amen and you too... Happy Weekend Sir

5 Likes

Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by SocialJustice: 1:00pm On Apr 17, 2021
Do it let people use, noise is too much.
Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by maxell(f): 1:24pm On Apr 17, 2021
Great Job @OP

Gov Jide Sanwo-Olu has done well by leveraging the federal rail infrastructure. He is incorporating it into
the Lagos mass transit masterplan. It is a brilliant brilliant idea wink

4 Likes

Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by blamingthedevil: 1:26pm On Apr 17, 2021
maxell:

Great Job @OP

Gov Jide Sanwo-Olu has done well by leveraging the federal rail infrastructure by incorporating it into
the Lagos mass transit masterplan. It is a brilliant brilliant idea wink

God Bless you ma

1 Like

Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by plaindealer: 1:31pm On Apr 17, 2021
Fashola tried the same thing under GEJ, but GEP and PDP politics denied him that progress and development, they refused to release the NRC tracks for Lagos to us and the RED line could go anywhere and useless Ambode did not even bother to revive it, he practically abandoned the whole rail business including the Blue line he was supposed to finish.

This is the kind of synergy and collaboration we'd love to see all over the country regardless of politics.

We can do and achieve whatever we want in this country, we just need good, smart and credible leaders with the mindset that progress and development is not about states, region, tribalism politics, or ethnicity.

Kudos to Sanwo Olu

Kudos to the FG.

Kudos to Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by maxell(f): 1:51pm On Apr 17, 2021
blamingthedevil:

God Bless you ma

Amin o, amin ashe.

1 Like

Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by Abdul05: 2:02pm On Apr 17, 2021
Where are the south east governors ? They have nothing to show rather deriving their people .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by blamingthedevil: 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2021
Abdul05:
Where are the south east governors ? They have nothing to show rather deriving their people .

2 Likes

Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by Sammy07: 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2021
Blamingthedevil

You're not in tune with the current things happening in South West.

Follow Dawn commission and update yourself on Yoruba Regionalization.
Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by blamingthedevil: 5:31pm On Apr 17, 2021
Sammy07:
Blamingthedevil

You're not in tune with the current things happening in South West.

Follow Dawn commission and update yourself on Yoruba Regionalization.
Am following. . but some Governors need to wake up .... expecially Governor of Ekiti State....He is not doing well in term of IGR... Other States in the Zone have tried a bit

2 Likes

Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by Sammy07: 5:33pm On Apr 17, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Am following. . but some Governors need to wake up .... expecially Governor of Ekiti State....He is not doing well in term of IGR... Other States in the Zone have tried a bit

Yes, he's trying his best but needs Improvement.
That's why All hands are on deck to make sure South West Development Commission sees the light of the day.

All SW governors are currently diversifying into agriculture.

1 Like

Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by SarkinYarki: 5:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
I know this outrigh lies ...Lagos is looking for another 1.5 billion to squander on a failed Presidential Election bid ...where is the red line they have built located ? Why is is it not running
Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by Exclusive101: 5:37pm On Apr 17, 2021
SocialJustice:

Does your senselesly hopeless father not make more noise for doing nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by blamingthedevil: 5:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
SarkinYarki:
I know this outrigh lies ...Lagos is looking for another 1.5 billion to squander on a failed Presidential Election bid ...where is the red line they have built located ? Why is is it not running
Read before you write...so that you don't look foolish

4 Likes

Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by SocialJustice: 5:41pm On Apr 17, 2021
Exclusive101:

Does your senselesly hopeless father not make more noise for doing nothing.
My dad is dead and I'm reporting this post. I didn't insult anyone in my post.
Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by Exclusive101: 5:45pm On Apr 17, 2021
In poverty too, always indicate that. May it never be well with you if you do n don't report the post. Either way e no go still beta 4 you.

SocialJustice:
My dad is dead and I'm reporting this post. I didn't insult anyone in my post.
Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by SarkinYarki: 5:47pm On Apr 17, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Read before you write...so that you don't look foolish
Nothing to read ..We know how the 150 million intercity train ended costing 1.5 billion dollars and it's not even ready
Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by Exclusive101: 5:48pm On Apr 17, 2021
How far lost jews from hell fire.
Which one is Abia building abi na to just come online beat chest na him your papa Wan do altru 2021.

SarkinYarki:

Nothing to read ..We know how the 150 million intercity train ended costing 1.5 billion dollars and it's not even ready

1 Like

Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by SarkinYarki: 5:51pm On Apr 17, 2021
Exclusive101:
How far lost jews from hell fire.
Which one is Abia building abi na to just come online beat chest na him your papa Wan do altru 2021.

Remember say I still get property pass you SW oo and my papa don even do governor for sw state way back
Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by SocialJustice: 6:38pm On Apr 17, 2021
Exclusive101:
In poverty too, always indicate that. May it never be well with you if you do n don't report the post. Either way e no go still beta 4 you.

Cry me a river, I've reported. And I'm reporting this too. grin
Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by plaindealer: 6:47pm On Apr 17, 2021
SarkinYarki:

Was it asserted anywhere that they have built any Red line?

Learn how to read and comprehend instead of trolling your life away.

4 Likes

Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by adekolaelect(m): 7:34pm On Apr 17, 2021
SocialJustice:
wailer sighted !!! Sorry don't allow economy's frustration to overwhelm you.

1 Like

Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by SocialJustice: 7:55pm On Apr 17, 2021
adekolaelect:
wailer sighted !!! Sorry don't allow economy's frustration to overwhelm you.
Lol, I'm very sure by God's grace that I'm well ahead of you. I can fuel my gen, eat what I want when I want, essentially meet all of my basic needs including good housing.

Where are you in life?
Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by adekolaelect(m): 8:09pm On Apr 17, 2021
SocialJustice:
Lol, I'm very sure by God's grace that I'm well ahead of you. I can fuel my gen, eat what I want when I want, essentially meet all of my basic needs including good housing.

Where are you in life?
mumu still prouding of fueling generator while we have migrated to Solar and Inverter in our area here .It is true they say there is local champions . I can't blame you one room self con is good housing you can praud of bcs of where you came from. Oga na empty barrels dey make noise like yours.

1 Like

Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by ThatFairGuy1: 8:23pm On Apr 17, 2021
His major campaign promise was the decongestion of Lagos road, and he has never cease doing that since assumption of office.

Sanwolu is a blessing.

3 Likes

Re: Why Sanwo-olu Is A Smart Governor That Other Southwest Governors Must Learn From by SocialJustice: 10:25pm On Apr 17, 2021
adekolaelect:
mumu still prouding of fueling generator while we have migrated to Solar and Inverter in our area here .It is true they say there is local champions . I can't blame you one room self con is good housing you can praud of bcs of where you came from. Oga na empty barrels dey make noise like yours.
You can't even make simple correct sentences.

Omo, I'm very grateful for where I find myself. Go and chop your hostel beans before you faint. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Should One Spend Is Money On When Civil War Is Coming? / Breaking: Sunday Igboho Arrested By Joint Task Force / Government Should Thank Cubana For Stimulating The Economy By 55 Billion Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.