Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide (3247 Views)

Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic / Herdsmen: FG Lied, Ogun Refugees Still In Benin Republic, Says Red Cross / APC Govt Has Turned Nigeria To Banana Republic Says Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by Kapeter(m): 9:31pm On Apr 17, 2021
Juliusmalema:
I love that

That true definition of sophistication.

Even Osun state, Oyo and Ogun needs needs sharia law as of present to carter for the increasing yoruba Muslims population...

What is the essence of having sharia in Kano when it can't be replicated in Osun that shares same faith and are almost 96% Muslims...
Osagyefo my good friend. Afterall there are muslims in Owerri too. When will start agitating for sharia on their behalf since you are now a good advocate. How's your barrow pushing business anyway?
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by Kapeter(m): 9:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
Sammy07:

Always pokenosing into Yoruba issues.
And yes we've cohabited with Muslims and we've lived together for long.
If you think we will have issues, yes you're correct but will be settle amicably.

An average Muslim who's a Yoruba go to Ori Oke (Mountains) for prayers from those white garment churches to seek solutions

An average Christian who's a Yoruba go to Alfa house to seek solutions

Even Oba No get religion
Don't waste your time on frustrated osagyefo. History have it that he's originally igala, he's been pushing barrow at upper iweka since childhood.

1 Like

Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by Omoodua007: 2:40am On Apr 18, 2021
BeansAndBread:
Why can't we Muslims have Shari'ah to cater for our issues? What's wrong with you Christians sec? angry

Not the one under a Fulani ruler
Under Odua republic we can do it
Worst case Yorubas can create 3 government one for Christians and traditional and Muslims
Tax generated by each faithfuls can be used to do as they wish I think that’s fine for anyone
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by Omoodua007: 2:59am On Apr 18, 2021
BeansAndBread:
This is the problem with Yorùbá Christians, they think they can continue to play on the docility of the Muslims. I'm a Yorùbá Muslim and I want Shari'ah to be judge of our matters and we not backing down. The era of gullibility is over!

Pele the gullibility of Lagos Christain residents will soon be open
When they start voting based on religious lines and remove the majority Muslim in house of assembly that doesn’t reflect the population make up of the state

https://www.lagoshouseofassembly.gov.ng/meet-our-members/

Explain why Lagos has 75% Muslim lawmakers when Muslims are not up to 30% of state population

Ogun Christians will also follow
The only states with Muslim population is oyo and osun and it’s not outright dominance

Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by Ikinternational: 3:16am On Apr 18, 2021
BeansAndBread:
This is the problem with Yorùbá Christians, they think they can continue to play on the docility of the Muslims. I'm a Yorùbá Muslim and I want Shari'ah to be judge of our matters and we not backing down. The era of gullibility is over!

muslims are docile abi.

nairaland has some award winning liars
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by Omoodua007: 3:30am On Apr 18, 2021
Ikinternational:

muslims are docile abi.

Let them continue they will know it’s the Christians that are docile when they vote based on religious lines
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by BeansAndBread(m): 5:37am On Apr 18, 2021
Omoodua007:

When they start voting based on religious lines and remove the majority Muslim in house of assembly that doesn’t reflect the population make up of the state

Explain why Lagos has 75% Muslim lawmakers when Muslims are not up to 30% of state population

The only states with Muslim population is oyo and osun and it’s not outright dominance

If Muslims make up the majority of the lawmakers and traditional rulers in Lagos, that's should tell you that the indigenes of Lagos are majority Muslims my Yorùbá Christian brother tongue grin

Yorùbá Muslims are majority in Kwara, Osun, Oyo, Ogun and Lagos. Ondo and Ekiti are the only states with clear majority Christian, Ogun state has slightly higher Muslims grin grin
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by BeansAndBread(m): 5:38am On Apr 18, 2021
Ikinternational:

muslims are docile abi.

Yes, Yorùbá Muslims are docile!
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by wiseoneking: 5:39am On Apr 18, 2021
Juliusmalema:
I love that

Even Osun state, Oyo and Ogun needs needs sharia law as of present to carter for the increasing yoruba Muslims population...

What is the essence of having sharia in Kano when it can't be replicated in Osun that shares same faith and are almost 96% Muslims...
Lol
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by BeansAndBread(m): 5:40am On Apr 18, 2021
Omoodua007:

Not the one under a Fulani ruler
Under Odua republic we can do it
Worst case Yorubas can create 3 government one for Christians and traditional and Muslims
Tax generated by each faithfuls can be used to do as they wish I think that’s fine for anyone
Anyhow una wan do am, my own is Muslims need Shari'ah courts to judge their matters!
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by StopCapping(m): 6:55am On Apr 18, 2021
Read the content of the aide's message before drawing conclusion o. He said the model adopted in the UK is what they would look at. That everyone will be allowed to do his or her thing without fear like the rubbish that happens in Kano. Practice your Shariah if you want but be ready to be comfortable with people's freedom to sell pork & rear pigs too & dress freely to any part of Yorubaland.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 18, 2021
Omoodua007:

Sharia courts in Yoruba land under Nigeria is impossible cause that’s handing over Yoruba land to sultan of sokoto

What is wrong there? He is like the bishop of all Muslims.

More he serves as head to all Muslim families in Nigeria.
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 18, 2021
Omoodua007:

If majority of lawmakers in Lagos are muslims then it means Muslims are of greeter population in Yorubaland.

The christian population you have in Lagos are other ethnicities residing there...who may vote or decide not to vote..... giving way to the Indigenous Muslims population.

Infact this your statement shows that Yorubas were never originally christians but Muslims..

1 Like

Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by OluomoJ: 9:16am On Apr 18, 2021
Sammy07:

Always pokenosing into Yoruba issues.
And yes we've cohabited with Muslims and we've lived together for long.
If you think we will have issues, yes you're correct but will be settle amicably.

An average Muslim who's a Yoruba go to Ori Oke (Mountains) for prayers from those white garment churches to seek solutions

An average Christian who's a Yoruba go to Alfa house to seek solutions

Even Oba No get religion

I have noticed that Igbos on this forum are very delusional and stupid. In their fish minds, they have this assumption that they can use their anti-Yoruba Muslim rhetoric to trigger a sort of civil war between Christians and Muslims in yorubaland, that way they can then form a political alliance with the Christian Yorubas or create a banana Republic that would comprise ibo and yoruba Christians. cheesy In their crazy minds, Yorubas should either kill-off or banish all yoruba Muslims in the SW to make way for ibo Christians to take their place, on the basis of religion. Isn't that the stupidest logic ever?

That's their main objective when they keep trying to use religion to instigate dissatisfaction between Christians and Muslims in yorubaland. But their agenda is dead-on-arrival because even ibos themselves have mountain of issues they are yet to deal with amongst themselves. They should go and sort their Osu caste wahala, Anglican vs. Catholic wahala, female inheritance wahala, 'Ebonyi are inferior ibos' wahala, ibo denial wahala, amongst other countless wahala they are grappling with internally, and leave yoruba people alone!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by Sammy07: 9:22am On Apr 18, 2021
OluomoJ:

I have noticed that Igbos on this forum are very delusional and stupid. In their fish minds, they have this assumption that they can use their anti-Yoruba Muslim rhetoric to trigger a sort of civil war between Christians and Muslims in yorubaland, that way they can then form a political alliance with the Christian Yorubas or create a banana Republic that would comprise ibo and yoruba Christians. cheesy In their crazy minds, Yorubas should either kill-off or banish all yoruba Muslims in the SW to make way for ibo Christians to take their place, on the basis of religion. Isn't that the stupidest logic ever?

That's their main objective when they keep trying to use religion to instigate dissatisfaction between Christians and Muslims in yorubaland. But their agenda is dead-on-arrival because even ibos themselves have mountain of issues they are yet to deal with amongst themselves. They should go and sort their Osu caste wahala, Anglican vs. Catholic wahala, female inheritance wahala, 'Ebonyi are inferior ibos' wahala, ibo denial wahala, amongst other countless wahala they are grappling with internally, and leave yoruba people alone!

Lol, you said it as it is @the bolded.

No mind them. Me wey after this Ramadan I've booked some locations I wan visit to eat undecided

Someone will come from no where and cause division.
Normal there will be division, but we will sort it out that one is sure.

Many years ago where I used to work.
Nah mosque we dey sleep.
I got one Muslim friend who's coming to my church date, anytime we have camp, he will come.
Yet he no convert and we didn't stop or force him

Yoruba will say: Iwa lesin, Character is religion

6 Likes

Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 18, 2021
CasNova:

Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic, Igboho's Aide Replies MURIC

MURIC had earlier asked those agitating for the Oduduwa Republic to state what they have in stock for Muslim children and women in the South-West and their plan for hijab.

Olayomi Koiki, media aide to Yoruba freedom fighter, Sunday Adeyemo (Igboho), has said agitations for self-determination do not deter anyone from practising their religions, including Sharia if they so wish.

Speaking in an interview with SaharaReporters on Friday, Koiki said the Yoruba nation would respect the rights of adherents of the various regions. The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) had earlier asked those agitating for the Oduduwa Republic to state what they have in stock for Muslim children and women in the South-West and their plan for hijab.

In a statement by the director of the group, Ishaq Akintola, MURIC, on Friday asked if the agitators have any provision for civil Sharia which "Yoruba Muslims have been demanding for ages."

The Islamic group said it was drawing the attention of the agitators of the Oduduwa Republic to the plight of Muslims in Yorubaland.
It stated that leaders of the groups agitating for breakaway must admit that there is a strain in Christian/Muslim relationship in the South-West and must proffer solutions to address it.
But reacting, Koiki said the call for self-determination does not stop anyone from practising their religion.

He drew an analogy about the United Kingdom, where adherents of various religions live in peace without any religious sentiments.

"I have lived in the United Kingdom for the past 22 years and we have Hindus; we have all kinds of religions living in peace doing similar things, operating in that country with no fight, without insulting or disrespecting each other. So our call for self-determination does not affect anyone's religion. Everyone will be allowed to practise their religion; whether you want to practise Sharia, it's entirely up to you.

"But look at Nigeria; if I want to live in Kano, I am not allowed to sell pork. People are being forced to fast in Kano, and we call this country a secular country. This is to show that Sharia law is being forced on people, irrespective of their religion. Even Saudi Arabia does not practise their religion the way it is being practised here in this country, where people are maimed and killed for the sake of religion.

"In 2018, Christians were killed in Benue because the people who killed them believe they own the land. If you look at the Southern part of the country, even as a Muslim, your religion seems different from that of someone from the North because the Northern Muslims believe you must adhere to a particular dress code.

"If I wanted to live with my wife in Kano and insist she must wear a jean, that is not tolerated in Kano. Yet, they will accept money accrued from sales of alcohol and use it to develop Kano.

These are areas we have looked at to say we are much better to split the country. If in the nearest future I decide to live in Kano, I will obey their laws but at the moment, Kano does not respect me as a Yoruba man to live there and decide what kind of business I want to do."

When asked about specific dates for the one-million march the Yoruba group had planned before now, he said, "We follow the directions from our leader, so if our leader decides that we will hold the 1 million march, we will."

https://googleweblight.com/sp?hl&geid=NSTNR&u=http://saharareporters.com/2021/04/17/sharia-will-be-allowed-oduduwa-republic-igbohos-aide-replies-muric

You see how ignorant, ethnic jingoism these people are. The day all these ethnic bigots live in Kano for two weeks they'll be disappointed by what they believe from these bastards. People are forced to fast in Kano? Women don't wear jeans in Kano?
All these news coming from illiterate ignorant.
People need to face reality and eschew all these propaganda. He who can't guarantee ur freedom when you've defenders can't give u when under the command of bigot oppressors.
It's so sad how some people deviate from their religious teachings just to look different from others. Imagine religion that is enjoining indecency, sexual pervasion, making their followers narrowly look different from animals in modesty!
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 18, 2021
supportnija:
Nothing concern me , having SHARIA means you have a country in your country, I mean you will operating two laws, SHARIA and the circular law... I wish you all the best.
What of those having customary courts?
In Christian majority North they use customary courts.
The whole Nigerian court system is a Christian version from their dress code, to the format of the laws and the guidelines of their school. In all Countries practicing federalism almost all states have their version of laws; from US, India, China with National constitution as the supreme. In the North if u're not satisfied by Shari'a court judgement or if u choose not to be tried their u can go or chose to be tried in other courts of ur choice.
So many propaganda, so many incitations, so many ignorance speeches which always shame the speakers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by Omoodua007: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2021
BeansAndBread:
If Muslims make up the majority of the lawmakers and traditional rulers in Lagos, that's should tell you that the indigenes of Lagos are majority Muslims my Yorùbá Christian brother tongue grin

Yorùbá Muslims are majority in Kwara, Osun, Oyo, Ogun and Lagos. Ondo and Ekiti are the only states with clear majority Christian, Ogun state has slightly higher Muslims grin grin

Majority of traditional rulers in Ogun are Christians
The numbers in oyo and osun are fairly split
In Ondo and Ekiti it’s 90% Christians 10% Islam
Kogi yoruba 90% Christians

The indigenes in Lagos of fairly split but under 1999 it has favoured the Muslims at the expense of the Christain hence they called for a Sanwo olu cayse if Lagos is to voted based on religion they will be out of power

So as you about to remove the gullibility of Muslims elsewhere
Be rest assured an equal dose will be served to you in Lagos where there’s an over representation of Muslims in politics
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by Omoodua007: 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2021
Juliusmalema:

If majority of lawmakers in Lagos are muslims then it means Muslims are of greeter population in Yorubaland.

The christian population you have in Lagos are other ethnicities residing there...who may vote or decide not to vote..... giving way to the Indigenous Muslims population.

Infact this your statement shows that Yorubas were never originally christians but Muslims..

False statements
Point is yoruba Christians in Lagos are not being religious aware
Cause if they vote based on religion
Apc will be out even Tinubu knows it grin
So continue with the threat
It’s only oyo and osun I can’t vouch for

Has for Lagos Ogun Ondo Ekiti kogi yoruba
It’s a Christiandom

Why do you Tinubu returned the schools to church when when they demanded for it loool unlike in kwara
Also a Christain governor was installed immediately the christin community demanded for it
Looool why do you think they can’t demand for Islamic new year like they did in osun and oyo
So they will also vote using religious line
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by compton11(m): 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2021
supportnija:
Nothing concern me , having SHARIA means you have a country in your country, I mean you will operating two laws, SHARIA and the circular law... I wish you all the best.
Muslims are already practising Sharia
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by Omoodua007: 1:25pm On Apr 18, 2021
Juliusmalema:

What is wrong there? He is like the bishop of all Muslims.

More he serves as head to all Muslim families in Nigeria.

Yoruba land will never be a Fulani leadership
Get that into your head
Worst case Yoruba land will vote based on religious lines amd you don’t have the number to impose your will on an entire state even Oyo and Osun with Muslim population is not 80% islam grin
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by NaijirianKing: 2:23pm On Apr 18, 2021
We are all Nigerians

Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by Omoodua007: 2:37pm On Apr 18, 2021
NaijirianKing:
It is actually a fact that Muslims are the silent majority in many states in the SW region, it is just that it is not widely publicized. Otherwise, how can many of the governors and state representatives be majority Muslims and the population not also be Muslims?

This was recently covered here:
https://businesspost.ng/general/muslims-form-majority-of-south-wests-population-muric/

Islam is the world's fastest growing religion and eventually it will be undeniable.

MURIC is your source loooool
Pls come with something more tangible

That’s because Yorubas don’t vote on religious lines
In oyo state there’s also Christian over representation despite not being 90% christin

The population of indigenous lagosians are not even up to 2M
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by Saturn101: 5:12pm On Apr 18, 2021
NaijirianKing:
It is actually a fact that Muslims are the silent majority in many states in the SW region, it is just that it is not widely publicized. Otherwise, how can many of the governors and state representatives be majority Muslims and the population not also be Muslims?

https://businesspost.ng/general/muslims-form-majority-of-south-wests-population-muric/

Islam is the world's fastest growing religion and eventually it will be undeniable.

Whichever religion is the fastest growing, if there is respect for other views, opinions or religions, there will be peace and cooperation.
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by NoSentiment: 5:19pm On Apr 18, 2021
supportnija:

Mr "Circular Law", educate ur self first b4 attacking Shariah or muslims.
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by hotwax: 5:20pm On Apr 18, 2021
Juliusmalema:
I love that

osun 96% muslims...omo yiiibo..sango fe pa ee

1 Like

Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by MrMaestro: 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2021
Many people did not read the comment.
Everyone will be allowed to practise their religion; whether you want to practise Sharia, it's entirely up to you.

There's no government mandate. It's religious freedom. What every developed nation practices.
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by chrisblack: 5:43pm On Apr 18, 2021
Juliusmalema:
I love that

your info is totally wrong on osun it's evenly split,the northern most oshogbo part are more muslim while the southern ife/Ilesha axis are more christians. Any Yoruba nation created on the basis of religion will fail. Any new nation coming out of Nigeria must be secular for it to be viable. Otherwise we shall experience the same calamity presently evolving in front of us. There is no way you can practice Sharia in a mixed society.the southwest is mixed.everyone should be guaranteed their freedom to worship as long as it does not infringe the right of others. Eg. I need to move a sick patient to a hospital on a Friday and you decide to block the road for prays .or crusade would not be allowed . Koiki is just saying what he has little understanding about.
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by chrisblack: 5:44pm On Apr 18, 2021
NoSentiment:

Mr "Circular Law", educate ur self first b4 attacking Shariah or muslims.
he is not attacking Sharia. The fact is you can't have two laws within a country. Sharia law is not compatible with civil law. And that is a fact
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by NoSentiment: 5:48pm On Apr 18, 2021
chrisblack:
he is not attacking Sharia. The fact is you can't have two laws within a country. Sharia law is not compatible with civil law. And that is a fact

What is a civil law? If you really knew what civil law I'd about, u wouldn't have said this.

For ur info, shariah (law) has criminal (e.g murder) and civil (e.g inheritance) components. Read, read and read.
Re: Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide by chrisblack: 5:57pm On Apr 18, 2021
NaijirianKing:

that is a lie .islam in not. There are more christians than Muslims in the west. The difference is that the Muslims tend to participate more in general Alhaji politics.
1. Lagos :even a blind man knows there are more christians than Muslims in lagos.even when you factor non indegenous settlers into the equation
2. Ogun state is also an example.
3 oyo is close with more Muslims than Christian around 10-15% difference in favour Muslims.
Osun has more christians than than muslims.but the Muslims are the northern part ,ikire, Oshogbo,ede omuaran have much muslim but also very sizeable Christian population,while Ilesha is predominantly christians coupled with ife down into ondo states
Ondo state &Ekiti state,:there are more christians in ondo and ekiti state. Infact they are over. 75%

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG - Twitter Refused To Delete Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets Calling Us Monkeys In a Zoo / Nnewi Is The 7th Fastest Growing City In The World / BREAKING: Soludo Shuts Down All 21 Lgas In Anambra State Till Further Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.