Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

The First Time You Spoke In Tongues: Share The Experience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The First Time You Spoke In Tongues: Share The Experience (270 Views)

I Received The Gift Of The Spirit Today (speaking In Tongues) . Share Your Gifts / The First Time You Spoke In A New Tongue!!! / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Time You Spoke In Tongues: Share The Experience by Preciousgirl(f): 5:41pm On Apr 17, 2021
I always doubted tongue speaking
I said tongue speakers were mad and made mockery of them

Until, one day, I was monitoring an annointed pastor via tv

In the course of the prayer

I bursted out

Wow, an out of this world experience
I know many here doubt tongue speaking, but I am a living testimony

Flee any organization that bars tongue speaking

Glory
Re: The First Time You Spoke In Tongues: Share The Experience by Hardgun: 5:46pm On Apr 17, 2021
Hallelujah
Re: The First Time You Spoke In Tongues: Share The Experience by Kobojunkiee: 5:59pm On Apr 17, 2021
Preciousgirl:
I always doubted tongue speaking
I said tongue speakers were mad and made mockery of them
Until, one day, I was monitoring an annointed pastor via tv
In the course of the prayer
I bursted out
Wow, an out of this world experience
I know many here doubt tongue speaking, but I am a living testimony
Flee any organization that bars tongue speaking
Glory
There is no such thing as an anointed Pastor. Read your Bible please to learn the truth of God from the many lies they have fed and deceived you with undecided

In Ezekiel 34. God declared Himself against all human shepherds, stating that He alone will be Shepherd to all know His flock. He fired all of His shepherds of Old as well. So how can the same God be said to "anoint" those who He has set Himself against? undecided

You state that you were watching your "anointed" pastor, one whom God is against and did not call, when you suddenly started speaking in tongues, how certain are you that what manifested is of God, and not of the man you were watching at the time? undecided
Re: The First Time You Spoke In Tongues: Share The Experience by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 17, 2021
I've shared my experience here before.

It was in 2016 precisely. I have been craving it long before then. Then I would go for annointing service, and while others are receiving theirs, I won't receive.

So, that faithful day, I went to a man of God for prayers and he started praying for me. He then asked me if I've received the gift I said no. Then he laid hands on me and prayed.

He left me where I was kneeling, and went around the Church praying. All of a sudden I felt the rush of wind in me and started to mutter a few strange sounds but because it sounded strange I felt somehow and stopped. Immediately the man of God shouted and Said. That is it! Don't suppress it. Continue. That was how I let it out and flowed until I was exhausted ( I always do every time I speak in tongues). Since then, my prayer life has never been the same.

It's such a refreshing experience.

2 Likes

Re: The First Time You Spoke In Tongues: Share The Experience by Alejobs: 6:07pm On Apr 17, 2021
Re: The First Time You Spoke In Tongues: Share The Experience by doggedfighter(f): 6:07pm On Apr 17, 2021
Who are these people hallucinating on this thread?

There's nothing like speaking in tongues.

Religious people just make people utter gibberish and term it speaking in tongues.

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Spoke In Tongues: Share The Experience by ouzo1(m): 6:28pm On Apr 17, 2021
here for the lies.

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Spoke In Tongues: Share The Experience by Kobojunkiee: 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
doggedfighter:
Who are these people hallucinating on this thread?
There's nothing like speaking in tongues.
Religious people just make people utter gibberish and term it speaking in tongues.
Speaking in tongues where tongues refers to human language isn't the same as speaking in gibberish. undecided
Re: The First Time You Spoke In Tongues: Share The Experience by Kobojunkiee: 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2021
AsherAmari:
I've shared my experience here before.

It was in 2016 precisely. I have been craving it long before then. Then I would go for annointing service, and while others are receiving theirs, I won't receive.
So, that faithful day, I went to a man of God for prayers and he started praying for me. He then asked me if I've received the gift I said no. Then he laid hands on me and prayed.
He left me where I was kneeling, and went around the Church praying. All of a sudden I felt the rush of wind in me and started to mutter a few strange sounds but because it sounded strange I felt somehow and stopped. Immediately the man of God shouted and Said. That is it! Don't suppress it. Continue. That was how I let it out and flowed until I was exhausted ( I always do every time I speak in tongues). Since then, my prayer life has never been the same.

It's such a refreshing experience.
Another Mog in the middle of yet another tale about "speaking in tongues". undecided
Re: The First Time You Spoke In Tongues: Share The Experience by doggedfighter(f): 7:06pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Speaking in tongues where tongues refers to human language isn't the same as speaking in gibberish. undecided

Speaking in tongues is just uttering nonsense.
Re: The First Time You Spoke In Tongues: Share The Experience by Kobojunkiee: 7:14pm On Apr 17, 2021
doggedfighter:
Speaking in tongues is just uttering nonsense.
No it isn't. It is speaking in an "unlearned" human language.
Re: The First Time You Spoke In Tongues: Share The Experience by LisaAnneMia: 7:24pm On Apr 17, 2021
I desired it for years. Even asked someone to lay hands on me. Prayed the prayer Benny Hinn gave to receive the gift of the Spirit. Omo nothing happened o. Then about few years later, I watched a video of my new pastor praying for those who wants to receive this gift. He said it was by faith and we should allow the Holy Spirit lead us while we open our mouth slightly and expect this gift. I was on the bed about to sleep. I didn't even need to kneel or raise up my hands like I used to. I received the gift of praying in tongues that night on the bed...twas so nice embarassed ....after waiting for years, it came effortlessly on my bed grin

And I've not even been baptised with water o...just like Cornelius in the Bible cheesy ...tried to be baptised but the legalism is too much. 3 months baptismal class then they said I'll go to camp to be baptised and get certificate. As if that was done in the Bible angry Nothing wrong in creating a big rubber pool and baptise immediately embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Time You Spoke In Tongues: Share The Experience by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:49pm On Apr 17, 2021
Hmmm...
Re: The First Time You Spoke In Tongues: Share The Experience by tribalistdcriti: 10:32pm On Apr 17, 2021
[right][/right]

(1) (Reply)

Your Type Of Seed Determines Your Type Of Harvest / Pastor Dare Adeboye Rests In The Lord / Do Not Abort, Give Us The Child, Church Tells Russians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.