Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

The Barber And His Small Business - A True Life Story - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Barber And His Small Business - A True Life Story (474 Views)

We Are In Need Of A Professional Barber And A Fine / Creative Artist. / How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) / Man Stabs FianceƩ To Death For Mocking His Small P*nis (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Barber And His Small Business - A True Life Story by Knetpro(m): 7:55pm On Apr 17, 2021
James is a barber who is very good at his job.

He has been into barbing for the past 10 years.

He decided to open the barber shop after completing his secondary school education because he had no one to sponsor him further.

His parents were very poor and could barely afford the basic necessities of life, like food, shelter and clothing.

Being able to see James through his secondary school education in itelf was a miracle.

Therefore, he didn't want to impose any more burden on them.

As the first in a family of 6 children who had the responsibility of taking care of his siblings, he knew he had no choice but to start fending for himself without any further ado.

So...

He simply opened the barber shop and gave the business everything he had.

Now, after doing the business with strong determination and focus, hyper vision, dedication and consistency for some 10 years plus, he has become so successful that people visit him from near and far to have a haircut for themselves and their children too.

But...

The cost of running his small business was giving him sleepless nights.

His expenses on fuel, oil and repairs of his small "I be like my neighbour" generator was eating heavily into his profits.

Believe it or not, he was spending an average of N25,000 every month on fuel, oil and repairs alone, excluding wages for his 2 employees and rent of the shop he was using for his business.

So...

He decided to do something about it.

He was already contemplating buying a new generator 3 years ago when he discovered the MTN Lumos Box.

He sat down and carefully studied the benefits of using the MTN Lumos Box compared with his "I be like my neighbour" generator.

He found that:

1. The MTN Lumos Box operated without any noise.

2. The MTN Lumos Box did not need constant fueling, oiling and repairs.

3. The MTN Lumos Box can conveniently accommodate his ceiling fan, television set, 2 clippers, charging of his phones and even laptop.

The only expense he needed to run every month is a subscription of N8,000 for the use of the Box.

He thought to himself: "That is a small amount to pay compared with the average generator expenses of N25,000 every month."

He quickly did the sum in his head.

Subtract N8,000 from N25,000.

That amounts to N17,000.

N17,000 additional income every month!

Multiply that by 12, it gives you N204,000.

N200k additional income in one year!

Remove that from the cost of buying the MTN Lumos Box and he would still be left with N160,000 as additional income for the year.

"Wow! This is it!" he exclaimed loudly.

James immediately purchased the MTN Lumos Box without any delay.

And that is what he has been using to power his appliances and charge his phones and laptop for the past 3 years in his small barber shop and laughing to the bank every month.

Now when you see James and ask him: "How is business going, James?"

Beaming from ear to ear, he would happily reply "God is good, my brother!"

I visited James barber shop recently to get a haircut.

After the haircut, I asked him about his source of electricity.

"What are you using to power your appliances, James? Is it solar power?"

"No o!" he replied, "It is the MTN Lumos Box."

I looked around the shop and accessed all the appliances that was powered by the box.

"Wow!" I exclaimed and asked him about the cost.

He told me it now costs about N40,000 and it would cost me N8,000 subscription to use it every month.

Thereafter, he patiently explained how he maximised the usage of the box every day.

Then, he continued:

"The MTN Lumos Box is very good for workers who go to work from morning till evening. During that time, it would have enough time to charge to full capacity for use throughout the evening."

I didn't need any more convincing.

I was sold.

I asked him how I could get it and he explained everything to me in detail.

Then I responded: "Do you know what you've just done? That's networking! Will MTN know that you have just promoted their business?"

"For where!" he replied. "Do you know that over 20 of my customers have purchased the MTN Lumos Box through my recommendation?"

I exclaimed: "Wow!" and continued:

"Now, just imagine that MTN paid you N3,000 for each of the over 20 products that was sold through you and they also paid you N400 for each of the monthly subscriptions for those purchases, do you know how much you would have been making?"

I paused to do some mental calculation before continuing:

"You would have made at least N60,000 for the initial sale of the products. And now, you would have been making an additional income of at least N8,000 on the monthly subscriptions by those persons EVERY MONTH!"

"Wow!" he responded. "That's a lot of money simply for doing nothing!"

I explained further: "That's network marketing and we do it every day. A friend is suffering from toothache, you recommend the salt solution and a change of tooth brush and toothpaste. A stranger approaches you to look for directions for the best hotel in town, you happily direct him there without thinking about it or getting paid for it. And the list goes on and on."

He concurred and said: "Yeah. That's true. And as for this MTN Lumos Box, I would have made a lot of money by now because I would have been actively promoting it to my customers. As a matter of fact, I would have designed a notice inside and outside my shop advertising the MTN Lumos Box."

I agreed with him: "Yes, you would have made a lot of money not just for yourself, but for MTN too. it would have resulted in more sales of the MTN Lumos Box as more and more people, looking for opportunity to make an extra income on the side, eagerly join and promote the product."

I concluded: "Unfortunately, just as it is with the manufacturers of other products that we buy, use and recommend to other people every day, there is no such reward system in place."

I paused for a brief moment before continuing:

"But do you know that there is a Global Brand with presence in 190 countries that has such a reward system in place for people like yourself who are interested in earning an extra income on the side?"

He was interested.

I was about to respond when another customer came in and distracted us.

But James simply motioned for one of his workers to take care of him.

Like a rat who could smell where the meat was kept in the kitchen, his intuition was telling him that there was a lot of money to be made from this business.

He urged me to continue.

So I continued:

"The name of this international company is Longrich Bioscience International and it was established in 1986. Their major business is the manufacturing of various daily consumables and household products. At present, they have over 2,000 products and over 50 of those products are in Nigeria."

'Some of their products include daily consumables like toothpaste, bathing soap, body cream, roll-on, mouth freshener and others. They also produce nutritional supplements too."

"Incredible!" James said.

"Yes." I said. "Longrich International has been in Nigeria since 2012 and they have transformed so many people's lives within just 9 years of their operation in Nigeria."

James eyes widened with interest.

I continued: "Let's go back to the MTN Lumos Box once more. If it is Longrich International and you recommended 20 people to purchase their products, here is what will happen..."

"1. You will get paid a commission on the initial purchases of those 20 people who bought their products through your recommendation."

"2. Those 20 people instantly become joined to your network and you will also get paid on the repeat purchases of those same people if they purchase products EVERY WEEK FOR LIFE."

James mouth opened wide in amazement, but I continued.

"3. This is the best part. If those 20 people bring in other people, you also get paid on their purchases too EVERY WEEK for as long as they continue to purchase Longrich products FOR LIFE."

"It still does not stop there. When those people refer others, and those they refer go on to refer others, you continue to get paid as more and more people join through your network TILL INFINITY EVERY WEEK FOR LIFE!"

By this time, I noticed a complete change in the countenance of James.

It was like that of someone who had just won a jackpot at a lottery.

He only had one simple question for me and that was:

"You said Longrich International has been in Nigeria for 9 years, right?"

It was more of a statement than a question.

I nodded my head in the affirmative.

"How come no one told me about this business all these years?"

I didn't have an answer to that one.

I just looked at him with sweat beads of excitement gathering on his face.

"But, not to worry." I assured him. "You have not lost anything. You can start now and still get ahead very fast."

"As a matter of fact, the best time to start is RIGHT NOW because there is a US / Canada all-expense paid travel incentive promo going on as we speak which will come to an end on 23rd of May, 2021."

"There is also a Brand New "Cha Cha" Tear Rubber Car Incentive Promo going on side by side with the US / Canada Travel Incentive Promo which will come to an end in July this year. If you decide not to travel, you get paid N1.5m cool cash and the least car you can also qualify for is N3m."

"The beauty of this business is that you can use the SAME NUMBER OF POINTS to qualify for both the US / canada Travel Incentive, Car Incentive and also earn a regular income every week."

I concluded: "Now, show me any other business that can be as sweet as that!"

"There is NONE!" James exclaimed and asked: "How much for the registration?"

I responded: "Registration is free, but you need to purchase products up to 60 points to qualify to participate. That amounts to about N45,000, depending on your product selection."

"You mean I will be given products up to the amount I paid?" he quizzed.

"Yes." was my instant response.

"In other words, I am participating in these double incentive promos for free?" he wanted to be 100% sure.

"Yes." I repeated in the affirmative.

His final response was electrifying.

"I AM IN! Let's do this on Monday morning."

I left the barber shop with intense feeling of satisfaction deep within me.

I now had the final solution to my incessant expenses on running my generator at home.

The most annoying thing is the constant increase on the price of engine oil and even fuel.

Yesterday, I went to buy a litre of the Power Flo engine oil and the sales girl told me: "N1,800 for Super and N1,700 for the other one."

That was the same engine oil I bought less than 3 weeks ago for N1,400, and less than a month before that for N1,100.

Now, they've added another N400, yet again.

Imagine that!

I was visibly annoyed, but I had no choice but to buy the engine oil as I needed it to run my generator.

As I paid the sales girl the money, I told her angrily: "Tell me the price has gone up to N2,500 when I come to buy again."

She replied: "It is not we that is increasing the price o. It is the manufacturer. Our own is just to buy and sell."

I left the shop feeling upset and angry.

Now all that nonsense is going to come to an end with the purchase of the MTN Lumos Box.

I wanted to go and purchase it right away but it was already too late in the day to do that.

James on his part had gotten another business opportunity that is guaranteed to transform his life and those of his future generations forever!

As I got into my car, I ruminated over the discussion with James at his barber shop.

"A closed mouth is indeed a closed destiny. Just imagine if I had not told James about this business opportunity." I thought to myself.

"It is truly amazing who would respond positively to this business opportunity."

I switched on the ignition of the car, put it into gear and drove away with a feeling of accomplishment for the day.

(1) (Reply)

STRUGGLES I'm Facing In My 2 MONTH Old MARRIAGE / Please I Need A Andriod Phone Pls Help / See The Skyscraper Poor Nigerian Boy Built With Local Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.