Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,316 members, 7,846,395 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Depression Is Real!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Depression Is Real!! (285 Views)

Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real / "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns / HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Depression Is Real!! by Tired101: 9:18am On Apr 18, 2021
Depression is like a tiny house with a tiny window, some days you're fortunate enough to let your head out your tiny little window and breathe but soon it starts to rain again and stick your head back into your tiny room because ofcourse it's the only safe place you can think of.
I do not know about you but my story is a little hard to tell as I can't stop going in circles, it makes no sense but it hurts so much. Why does it hurt so much when it makes no sense?
It gets tougher and scarier, it's scary because it's the worst feeling, the feeling of not Knowing if you're being truthful to yourself or lying to yourself.
The feeling of not knowing if it's you that's stopping yourself from healing just like they said, it's scary because you do not know and there's no one to guide you through this path, so you're alone, confused and scared.
And days when i felt better were actually the worst days because I wasn't sure of what tommorow had in stock for me.
I couldn't let that happiness sink in because I feared that if I did, tommorow would be too tough for me to handle.
I thought If I embraced the joy today brought me, I would be too weak to handle tommorows pain and so I live everyday like a sad day even the days when the universe gave me a chance to breathe.
I'm like the wounded flower in a garden, I'm not living and I'm not dying. I'm surviving.
Re: Depression Is Real!! by thesolutions(m): 9:47am On Apr 18, 2021
Depression is actually a feeling of having so many doors leading to an unknown destination. And because the destinations are unknown, one pre-imagined destination finds it difficult to chose one route and stick with it but can chose to go back and change route at any little obstacle on the route that is not peculiar to a pre-imagined destination. Religious wise, this becomes a limitation to the adventurer who finds it difficult to accept that things are not always as we thought or told. Life is not Jumanji.
Re: Depression Is Real!! by annayawchee: 10:07am On Apr 18, 2021
Depression!!!

cry I feel numb this days, like my emotions ain't even functioning again, nothing surprises me .

The bad news doesn't make me sad neither does the good one makes me sad...

I just feel numb

Oluwa save me o
Re: Depression Is Real!! by missimelda01(f): 10:23am On Apr 18, 2021
Tired101:
Depression is like a tiny house with a tiny window, some days you're fortunate enough to let your head out your tiny little window and breathe but soon it starts to rain again and stick your head back into your tiny room because ofcourse it's the only safe place you can think of.
I do not know about you but my story is a little hard to tell as I can't stop going in circles, it makes no sense but it hurts so much. Why does it hurt so much when it makes no sense?
It gets tougher and scarier, it's scary because it's the worst feeling, the feeling of not Knowing if you're being truthful to yourself or lying to yourself.
The feeling of not knowing if it's you that's stopping yourself from healing just like they said, it's scary because you do not know and there's no one to guide you through this path, so you're alone, confused and scared.
And days when i felt better were actually the worst days because I wasn't sure of what tommorow had in stock for me.
I couldn't let that happiness sink in because I feared that if I did, tommorow would be too tough for me to handle.
I thought If I embraced the joy today brought me, I would be too weak to handle tommorows pain and so I live everyday like a sad day even the days when the universe gave me a chance to breathe.
I'm like the wounded flower in a garden, I'm not living and I'm not dying. I'm surviving.

Depression sometimes come from the thought that other people have perfect lives but no, nobody has it all smooth. There are good days and bad days, when the good days come enjoy it to the fullest and stop worrying about things that you have no control over.

Also, you can find peace in the presence of God..it works for me every time.
Re: Depression Is Real!! by Tired101: 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2021
In the presence of God.�

(1) (Reply)

Zikanoc Health Services Unveils Foundation , As Sen. Osita Izunaso Is Present / Best Treatments For Increase Testosterone Level / Need Help On Skin Infection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.