Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ... (1234 Views)

What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / Do intertribal Marriages work? / Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 18, 2021
Re: ... by CanadianNaija: 8:25pm On Apr 18, 2021
There's nothing like IBO, its IGBO. The person doesn't need to identify as igbo, just don't come and misspell the name biko.

You don't see people saying they're yeruba. You're either Yoruba or you're not.

5 Likes

Re: ... by harmargedon: 8:29pm On Apr 18, 2021
yes it works.

2 Likes

Re: ... by GuyInTheMirror: 8:32pm On Apr 18, 2021
1195meters:
My good Yoruba female friend loves an Ibo (he tells her he's Ibo not Igbo) man from Delta state. She's in early 30s, he's 40. They live abroad, have

been chatting for over one month. They love each other.

The man was married to an Ibo woman of 35 two years ago who dumped him after arriving abroad. The marriage took place in Nigeria. He got his

papers from Nigeria. They arrived abroad then he processed her own papers. After she got her papers one fight after the other, they separated last

year, they're waiting for divorce papers next month. The woman's family in Nigeria returned her bride price back to the man's family.

My friend says the man hasn't said a lot on the reason for the divorce, other than they were arguing lots. The man has been good to my friend, but,

my friend is worried not knowing why the man is divorced, if the man is abusive (he has told her he and ex wife had many verbal exchanges, there

was a time she was hitting her body against the wall so as to make it look like he abused her).

The man has told my friend he plans to sponsor his family members abroad, that his family members is going to live with him and his wife. My friend

doesn't want inlaws living with them after marriage.

Any advice for her? Anything she needs to know about dating or marrying an Ibo man?

******Am not the man in question oooooo**********
How come your friend is not looking to marry a single man, must she marry a divorcee ?
The cane that was used to beat the former wife is kept in the drawer for the new wife..

3 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 18, 2021
GuyInTheMirror:

How come your friend is not looking to marry a single man, must she marry a divorcee ?
The cane that was used to beat the former wife is kept in the drawer for the new wife..
She's looking for a single, never married person like herself. It just happens the man who has come her way is a divorcee
Re: ... by GuyInTheMirror: 8:41pm On Apr 18, 2021
1195meters:
She's looking for a single, never married person like herself. It just happens the man who has come her way is a divorcee
They have been chatting for a month and they already love each other... grin grin grin
Seems she is desperate to marry and he can see that in her therefore he will probably take advantage of that.
I wish her luck sha... Me too I am in my early 30s and still looking for a wife, may God lead us so we do not marry wrongly.

4 Likes

Re: ... by faithfull18(f): 8:45pm On Apr 18, 2021
1195meters:
She should calm down before she enters into a ditch.

1 Like

Re: ... by doggedfighter(f): 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
Why's the man rushing her?

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 18, 2021
1195meters:

So because the single man is not forthcoming for now is enough reason for her to settle for a divorcee?

A man that can not keep his first marriage will not be able to handle a second one. Trust me.

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
Well... For your info, Igbo marriage is not the same as Yoruba marriage o. Ome Nala Kan nku. Can she cope?
Re: ... by GuyInTheMirror: 9:13pm On Apr 18, 2021
AsherAmari:
Well... For your info, Igbo marriage is not the same as Yoruba marriage o. Ome Nala Kan nku. Can she cope.
The lady is abroad and most Nigerian single met that I have met abroad prefer to go back and marry from Nigeria. So as a single lady in her 30s getting a single guy to settle down with might not be easy.
But then, I will advise her to take it easy and not rush into that marriage.
I wish her goodluck. wink
Re: ... by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 18, 2021
GuyInTheMirror:

The lady is abroad and most Nigerian single met that I have met abroad prefer to go back and marry from Nigeria. So as a single lady in her 30s getting a single guy to settle down with might not be easy.
But then, I will advise her to take it easy and not rush into that marriage.
I wish her goodluck. wink

Better to stay single than enter into hell. If you know what I mean.

Na before marriage Dey do person giri giri for body. Not anymore, especially due to the kind of men that are out there these days.

Marriage has lost it's savour.

2 Likes

Re: ... by sisisioge: 9:24pm On Apr 18, 2021
Since they are both abroad, it will work. Infact, they should count themselves lucky that they found each other in a country full of diverse tribes, ethnicities, cultures and nationals. If they are in Nigeria though, it will be a real struggle for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ... by GuyInTheMirror: 9:24pm On Apr 18, 2021
AsherAmari:

Better to stay single than enter into hell. If you know what I mean.

Na before marriage Dey do person giri giri for body. Not anymore, especially due to the kind of men that are out there these days.

Marriage has lost it's savour.
Which kain discouraging advise be this na,I am a single and responsible man. Not all men are bad jare.
smiley smiley
Re: ... by GuyInTheMirror: 9:25pm On Apr 18, 2021
sisisioge:
Since they are both abroad, it will work. Infact, they should count themselves lucky that they found each other in a country full of diverse tribes, ethnicities, cultures and nationals. If they are in Nigeria though, it will be a real struggle for them.
This is not true, that they are both abroad nor mean say he go work. Plenty of Nigerian marriages don scatter for this obodo oyinbo wen we dey so.
Re: ... by farous(m): 9:26pm On Apr 18, 2021
Igbo-Yoruba marriage is not always common. Igbo -Niger Delta or igbo- North Central works better than Igbo - Yoruba.

Yoruba -Yoruba is always common

2 Likes

Re: ... by sisisioge: 9:29pm On Apr 18, 2021
GuyInTheMirror:

This is not true, that they are both abroad nor mean say he go work. Plenty of Nigerian marriages don scatter for this obodo oyinbo wen we dey so.

Oh, the discussion here is based on the singular factor that they are of different tribes. Other factors such as values, views, sexual compatibility, communication, etc will be considered too.

Essentially, the probability of different tribes being successful in marriage is higher when the couple is far from home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 18, 2021
GuyInTheMirror:

Which kain discouraging advise be this na,I am a single and responsible man. Not all men are bad jare.
smiley smiley

Wait until that time, then you'll know who you truely are. smiley.

Have a nice day.
Re: ... by LadySarah: 9:30pm On Apr 18, 2021
Must be a confused fellow judging from how he calls himself 'Ibo'.What is Ibo?

If he sponsors his family abroad,its not strange for them to find their feet first before looking for accomodation.You the woman would do same if your folks come over.

As for Divorce matters,best do your findings before tying any knot.You can call the ex wife to verify .
Re: ... by Solsix(m): 9:34pm On Apr 18, 2021
My uncle is marring a yoruba woman. Intially my grand parents were against the marriage but thank God my uncle married that lady. They are made for each other. Even my grand parents are proud of thier daughter in law

2 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
LadySarah:
Must be a confused fellow judging from how he calls himself 'Ibo'.What is Ibo?

If he sponsors his family abroad,its not strange for them to find their feet first before looking for accomodation.You the woman would do same if your folks come over.

As for Divorce matters,best do your findings before tying any knot.You can call the ex wife to verify .
He first mentioned they are to live with them permanently then later said it won't be permanent. My friend is worried he can change his mind again later to permanent.

My friend has considered reaching the first wife to inquire, only that she has no info about her. He only told her she moved to another city, she doesn't know anything else about her

My friend's folks are already abroad
Re: ... by LadySarah: 10:08pm On Apr 18, 2021
1195meters:
He first mentioned they are to live with them permanently then later said it won't be permanent. My friend is worried he can change his mind again later to permanent.

My friend has considered reaching the first wife to inquire, only that she has no info about her. He only told her she moved to another city, she doesn't know anything else about her

Search on fb,connect to her family from there.Stylishly bring out conversations about her and make iinvestigations from there.A man whose wifes family returned her bride price just for a short marriage shoukd be totally investigated.We call it 'Iju ese'.
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 18, 2021
LadySarah:

Search on fb,connect to her family from there.Stylishly bring out conversations about her and make iinvestigations from there.A man whose wifes family returned her bride price just for a short marriage shoukd be totally investigated.We call it 'Iju ese'.

How will she search pls? The man isn't giving her any info. She doesn't know the ex wife's name, location ( only that she's in another city ). He hasn't told her his own last name either, he says he will tell her later
Re: ... by Ishilove: 10:29pm On Apr 18, 2021
GuyInTheMirror:

A divorcee is a single man. As long as he is legally divorced, I don't see the problem with marrying a divorcee

2 Likes

Re: ... by GuyInTheMirror: 10:52pm On Apr 18, 2021
1195meters:
How will she search pls? The man isn't giving her any info. She doesn't know the ex wife's name, location ( only that she's in another city ). He hasn't told her his own last name either, he says he will tell her later
grin And she is already in love abi ? That woman is just desperate. I know you are the person in question.....
Na like say person dey play ludo but think well, sometimes it is better to be single than married to the wrong person...
Re: ... by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 19, 2021
I don't see why they can't.
Re: ... by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 19, 2021
GuyInTheMirror:

grin And she is already in love abi ? That woman is just desperate. I know you are the person in question.....
Na like say person dey play ludo but think well, sometimes it is better to be single than married to the wrong person...
My friend isn't desperate. She's been single practically all her life. She's finally giving love a chance, just so happens the man who has come her way was previously married

The man doesn't have kids from the marriage. Had the man any kids from the marriage she wouldn't consider him, she doesn't want a single father
Re: ... by Lostchild(m): 11:06am On Apr 20, 2021
CanadianNaija:
There's nothing like IBO, its IGBO. The person doesn't need to identify as igbo, just don't come and misspell the name biko.

You don't see people saying they're yeruba. You're either Yoruba or you're not.

Let me correct You

I know one woman that says: (house lent) instead of house rent.. Why?

In Warri or Delta we don't use the word Igbo
We used Ibo people because it is our accent

Get this into you: for we deltans it is Ibo people not igbo
Re: ... by CanadianNaija: 9:34pm On Apr 20, 2021
Lostchild:

Let me correct You

I know one woman that says: (house lent) instead of house rent.. Why?

In Warri or Delta we don't use the word Igbo
We used Ibo people because it is our accent

Get this into you: for we deltans it is Ibo people not igbo

Maybe the warri and delta you mentioned is a different one from where I grew up in the south, but having an accent is different from purposely misspelling a word.

Deltans can claim to be anything they want, no one cares. But you can not rewrite the spelling of our tribe.
We are Igbos not Ibos.
Re: ... by Lostchild(m): 11:05pm On Apr 20, 2021
CanadianNaija:

Maybe the warri and delta you mentioned is a different one from where I grew up in the south, but having an accent is different from purposely misspelling a word.

Deltans can claim to be anything they want, no one cares. But you can not rewrite the spelling of our tribe.
We are Igbos not Ibos.

Example
UK: I've gor o go
US: I got to go
Standard English: I have to go or I need to go

You see theit accent?

You are Igbo (fine) we don't care

You cannot change our accent as we know your ethinic as Ibo people.
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:48am On May 13, 2021

(1) (Reply)

How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! / Men Who Dislike Women Are Childish, Immature Or Mentally Disabled / Iphone 7 Plus For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.