Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri (6842 Views)

Why Village People Kill A Lot Of Africans By Reno Omokri / The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri / The Yoruba Origins Of The Name Moses (not The Man Moses) - By Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 19, 2021
Honestly, Reno is spitting the truth!!! why can't we be tolerant of each other.... Like what's the big deal??!!
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by AMvanquish: 9:38am On Apr 19, 2021
Lol.. The irony of this write up. Some people go to church on the regular and behave holier than thou , only to come online and throw abuses at other Religions/ethnic groups. Is that what your superior religion taught you grin
Atheists are better than alot of Christians and Muslims in this country, ones I have have met seem to have a more objective and balanced view on Issues.
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by GodHatesBigots(m): 9:40am On Apr 19, 2021
You cannot co-exist with Jihadists, they will always want to dominate you.
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by favour32(m): 9:40am On Apr 19, 2021
You cannot be tolerant when one is violently powered by religious extremism.
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by Whitecoal711: 9:43am On Apr 19, 2021
We all need love,to be love,and love
Love is all
With love we got all
Christ came to tell and let world know God is love,but ancient and present shepherd twists the words of Gid for their gain,the ancient priest killed him,present ones are dubbing the gullible sheeps and cashing out
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by shadeyinka(m): 9:44am On Apr 19, 2021
Pastorfavourdes:

https://www.facebook.com/111647580740689/posts/238846011354178/

Reno Omokri

Gospeller. Deep Thinker. #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Avid traveller. Hollywood Magazine Film Festival Humanitarian of the Year, 2019.
Very true Rino..

Except that Hijab must be made compulsory by government in Christian Built schools..shikena!!
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by GeneralPula: 10:03am On Apr 19, 2021
In fact, the word Christian was never uttered by Christ

So who was the first to uttered the word Christain?
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 19, 2021
[s]
peggywebbs:
All this is unnecessary... there can't be religious tolerance. Why? Because religion is really not the problem.

Christians disagree with themselves hence the springing up of different churches everyday with different doctrines.

Muslims disagree with themselves, some want to reform the religion while others believe in its core principles.. there's the Sunni and Shia also.

Atheists even disagree with themselves.. there's the agnostic atheist and the other one that believes there's God but doesn't believe something I can't remember, I call them partial atheists.

The point is people disagree on everything religion, politics, ethics, culture, language, ideology, philosophy, history, even colours. We fight about anything and everything. We have different view points.

Some want to impose their theories and principles on others, some like to keep it inside and are not too vocal, while some pretend they are alright with others imposing their ideas on them even though they don't agree.

If religion wasn't there something else would still cause division. To me tolerance is an individual decision but it is difficult for there to be tolerance when a particular religion promotes violence.

If it explicitly and directly tells its followers to kill those who don't agree with them ,that is not a religion, that is an inciteful document which the world has refused to talk about. Now some will follow that religion and their conscience will tell them killing is wrong and we should be tolerant while some will read the same document and carry it out word for word. That is a conscious decision. The document gives them justification to commit crime.

It's not enough to tell people to be tolerant when the other preaches violence. It just can't work, the two cannot coexist. One will always be a threat to the other.
[/s]

Hush hush hush
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by angelfallz(m): 10:18am On Apr 19, 2021
I read the tweets, where is the hate?

thebosstrevor1:
Hypocrite.

The same man preaching tolerance is the same man preaching hate.

Check out some of his tweets.

Wasn't he the one that called out the religion of the journalist who wrote the article about kemi adeosun nysc forgery

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by ume1000: 10:29am On Apr 19, 2021
Empiree:
This is someone to coexist with?. This is a proof that there can never be full coexistence as long as there are people like this in our midst. Look at this fool posted these kind of images while op is trying to sense of unity in the country.
Muslims are terrorists THATS THE PLAIN TRUTH

1 Like

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by sojfarm: 10:30am On Apr 19, 2021
The idiots must go first. No lasting solution when the pollutants/terrorists are at the helms of affairs
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by vanvino(m): 10:33am On Apr 19, 2021
Mr Reno, Religion is a symtom not the disease, its human nature. we like being in control. God has to use "Hell fire" as a threat for us not to completely misbehave. What ever that is handed over to man he will make a mess of it. e.g garden of Eden, God distroy the generation of Noah cos they where sinful only Noah the upright so why is the world not perfect since the bad was eliminated and the good left behind? if it was easy to live in peace with one another why didn't Lucifa and God? funny enough there were many in heaven that sided Lucify & u are looking for peace and justice on earth, even Top teams want to breakaway from UEFA..hmm well this is a conversation for another day. Since Nigeria is the issue: Truth is, We don't know who we are and as a result we don't trust each other, we are simply using our colonial masters play book, the difference is, they know their end game for using such method but what's our? hence we are lost and Religion the easy tool to use, it could have been sothing els
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by xxxXXXxxx: 10:34am On Apr 19, 2021
A very sensitive opinion, let Love lead.
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by chrismastre5(m): 10:42am On Apr 19, 2021
Nigeria and pretence, you think you are liberal wait till herdsmen reach your community and tell them you are Liberal or when there is religious crises in the north and tell them you love them and see if you are going to be spared because of that. You people think its a choice for most of us?, I rather be on the watch for myself before someone use me as pepper soup.While growing up in the north, we loved the Muslims But what did we get in return, we. where murdered defenselessly since then I vowed not make any mistake of trusting, torelating them Ever again. Nigerians like denying what is in front of them revelation was made about a Whole minister being a terrorist or a whole president under the suspicion of being a terrorist and you are here talking about torelance?, do not forget that it is torelance that gave the Muslims much power to do whatever they wish in Nigeria. southern clergies preach torelance while northern clergies preach violence

1 Like

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by sojfarm: 10:46am On Apr 19, 2021
Tablechair:
Honestly, Reno is spitting the truth!!! why can't we be tolerant of each other.... Like what's the big deal??!!

Muslims and Christians are been living peacefully in Nigeria from the time immemorial. I have seen some christian landlords that will even prefer muslim tenants just because of fear of god.

We have been so divided and our minds poisoned along ethnic and religion lines. In Lagos, we have seen christian governor that treated pastor badly and a non-Christian politian came to the aid of the pastor.

Some do not care whether you are christian or muslim. They just want good and not pretending neighbors. What is needed is quality LEADERSHIP and you see all this nonsense religion bigotry become things of the past.

Do Nigerians abroad select based on religion Even at home here, all an acerage Nigerian wants is the quality life style in the absence of fear of religion and tribe domination

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by Empiree: 10:47am On Apr 19, 2021
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by Empiree: 10:49am On Apr 19, 2021
ume1000:
Muslims are terrorists THATS THE PLAIN TRUTH
what I don't understand is how in the world I shared planet with low life like you?

1 Like

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by jaxxy(m): 10:49am On Apr 19, 2021
Best message I’ve heard in years. People are filled with hate, hate for other people who are different from them so every issue even the ones that shud be objective are seen across those lines. And what’s worse they keep pointing fingers at each other than showing any love.
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by Gagare1(m): 11:02am On Apr 19, 2021
I beg to disagree. The actions of a christian or muslim does not and can never stand as proof that christianity or islam is love based. Because this thinking can also prove the reverse if we look at the hateful actions of adherants.

The teachings contained in the holy books of these religions, especially the marching orders, i.e the concluding messages of the authors and their deeds till death, is the only true proof that defines a hate-filled or love-filled religion.

Always remember that the follower is simply a follower, while the author is the standard by which we judge a religion.
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by jaxxy(m): 11:07am On Apr 19, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Hypocrite.

The same man preaching tolerance is the same man preaching hate.

Check out some of his tweets.

Wasn't he the one that called out the religion of the journalist who wrote the article about kemi adeosun nysc forgery

Where is the hate? Addressing constitutional issues and investigations on motives of certain actions at certain times is not hate, knowing our multiethnic and religious backgrounds. If it has nothing to do with religious sentiments then it’s fine.

That is not hate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by tolguy(m): 11:12am On Apr 19, 2021
Matheusmartin:
U can't coexist with people of Islam... Especially when they are the majority..
go to saudi and see xtians enjoying their life, my brother met an igbo guy who owns a restaurant in saudi they became friends
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by meobizy(f): 11:16am On Apr 19, 2021
Oga dey Yankee dey throw advice to Nigerians. Front page. Let him come and live what he preaches.
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by vanvino(m): 11:17am On Apr 19, 2021
We were unkown to each another, doing our own things in our own ways untill our colonial Masters forced us together, when they left our aim should have been getting to know one another, having open and honest conversation about ourselves cus knowledge build trust and where trust exist great achievement follows instead our focus was getting more power, hence the civil war. Take for instance, the North don't trust the Igbos to be in Aso Rock, Why? when are they going to be honest about their fears and mistrust? facing the had truth in other to have an honest conversation. But u are expecting them to continue to be your follower and you their leader, for how long? this generation may be docile and lack courage bt don't expect the coming generation to be. Take a lesson from women, our grand mother were taught sex as something for the huband to desire so if she desire it she stays in silence to avoid shame and ridicules but this generation simply invent Vibrators and Cocumba to help themselves in peace.
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by ume1000: 11:20am On Apr 19, 2021
Empiree:
what I don't understand is how in the world I shared planet with low life like you?
the truth is always bitter.

Imagine a religion whose followers fight. And kill at the slighest provocation

*if what those hisbah or whatever you called them in Kano are doing is been pepetrated by Christian would Kano state be peaceful

*bandits are Muslims
*bokoharam na muslims
*killer heardsmen are muslim

Come to the south and see how your Muslims brothers behave anyhow

They behave like uncivilized cavemen

They are always hotheaded

Not surprised though afterall you got edict for everything[b] imagined edict for fucking your wife[/b]

Always saying bless be Allah when everything you do bring disgrace and evil to the world

Sometimes I wonder what they preach in those mosques

1 Like

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by Matheusmartin: 11:26am On Apr 19, 2021
Empiree:
This is someone to coexist with?. This is a proof that there can never be full coexistence as long as there are people like this in our midst. Look at this fool posted these kind of images while op is trying to sense of unity in the country.
Empiree, go and kill yourself.
Idiot.

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by Empiree: 1:44pm On Apr 19, 2021
From the perceptive of average neutral people reading this thread, they can see clearly who intolerants are.

See amount of hatred in this thread is very troubling. I hope Rino Omokri is reading to see for himself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. / What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? / You Are Blessed To Bless Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.