Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Does God Choose A Spouse For You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Choose A Spouse For You? (18095 Views)

Female Pastor Gives Ladies Tips On How To Attract A Spouse / Praying For A Spouse? Let That Lover Go. / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by ethankareem(m): 5:21pm On Nov 15, 2018
Been dating this lady for a year plus now, all of a sudden she said more than 1 prophet told her I am gonna treat her bad in future if we ever get married.......

Was surprised when she told me cause I am a very easy going person and in sight of trouble, I take off. And I hate violence and I let things go easily.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by sholay2011(m): 6:35pm On Nov 15, 2018
But what did God tell her personally?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by ethankareem(m): 11:14am On Nov 17, 2018
sholay2011:
But what did God tell her personally?
I asked are the same question o? She was like attitude shows it all
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Originakalokalo(m): 12:16pm On Nov 17, 2018
The Bible says that the heart of men is DESPERATELY WICKED who can know it?

Regardless of appearance, it is very important to let God choose one's spouse.

you don't know who wants to marry you...God knows him or her.

It was God that brought eve to Adam...

God is still in the business of doing the same IF YOU LET HIM.

61 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by NPComplete: 8:13pm On Nov 17, 2018
Lol. If the girl is that dumb, u should probably be happy you found out early enough. Lol

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by MuttleyLaff: 9:08pm On Nov 17, 2018
Originakalokalo:
The Bible says that the heart of men is DESPERATELY WICKED who can know it?
Regardless of appearance, it is very important to let God choose one's spouse.
you don't know who wants to marry you...God knows him or her.
It was God that brought Eve to Adam...
God is still in the business of doing the same IF YOU LET HIM.
ethankareem, God stopped choosing spouses for man after the well-known "The woman whom You gave to be with me..." infamous line.
The onus, since after then, is on the man, through proxy or not, to find a wife, a good thing, and receive favor from God.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 17, 2018
ethankareem:
Been dating this lady for a year plus now, all of a sudden she said more than 1 prophet told her I am gonna treat her bad in future if we ever get married..........was surprised when she told me cause I am a very easy goin person and in sight of trouble, I take off. And I hate violence and I let things go easily.
Probably those prophets are seeing what you don't know however, i think she was foolish to have told you instead of keeping it to herself while she go on her knees in prayers to seek clarification from God himself. The same God that spoke to those prophets will talk to her. Are you financially buoyant?

8 Likes

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Originakalokalo(m): 1:28am On Nov 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
ethankareem, God stopped choosing spouses for man after the well-known "The woman whom You gave to be with me..." infamous line.
The onus, since after then, is on the man, through proxy or not, to find a wife, a good thing, and receive favor from God.

If you don't lean on your own understanding... and in all your ways you acknowledge him,

He will direct your path.

All you need to do is ask for his direction, and he will give it unto you.

People still ask....and he still responds.

19 Likes

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by MrPresident1: 6:37am On Nov 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

You are a criminal for this nonsense you just spouted.

God controls everything. He is the one that links man and woman, he is the one that makes them marry each other. God is in absolute control of the universe.

14 Likes

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by NotBeenPaid: 8:29am On Nov 18, 2018

Almost 99% of couples who got married in the name of my pastor said this or that end up regretting their decisions/choices later.

Las Las the pastor no go dey there when e begin rough for you. All man with him own cross to carry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by chibike69: 8:30am On Nov 18, 2018
No
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Pidginwhisper: 8:32am On Nov 18, 2018
That was how a prophet told my paddy that a very good lady who was supposed to be his Wife no be him ordained Wife from above, when he told me, i advised him not to mind the prophet, if your ppl don approve her, just go ahead.
Few months later my paddy took another lady to same prophet and he affirmed that the new lady na him Wife, fast forward to 8months after the Wedding, this ordained Wife stab my paddy for arm over minor argument that ensued after she repeatedly burnt what she was cooking while watching Zeeworld. The rejected one is now married with 3kids while the Ordained one never carry belle sef, everyweek she must break bottle. Pray for God's direction when u dey find Husband/Wife, no let Pastor/prophet dictate to you.
cheesy

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by tstx(m): 8:32am On Nov 18, 2018
Christains though

1 Like

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 18, 2018
ethankareem:
Been dating this lady for a year plus now, all of a sudden she said more than 1 prophet told her I am gonna treat her bad in future if we ever get married.......

Was surprised when she told me cause I am a very easy going person and in sight of trouble, I take off. And I hate violence and I let things go easily.

Thanks for sharing

What do you think about GOD yourself?

1 Like

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by bluefilm: 8:34am On Nov 18, 2018
God, if actually he or she or it exists, does not even know you exist not to talk of choosing a spouse for you. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by onuowu78: 8:34am On Nov 18, 2018
no
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Geesaintagape: 8:34am On Nov 18, 2018
Nigerians n religion are like 5n6

3 Likes

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by ovieokodhi(m): 8:34am On Nov 18, 2018
A
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by dhardline(m): 8:34am On Nov 18, 2018
Same false prophets that are responsible for so many broken homes!? Please there are standards for choosing a wife in the Bible (a virtuous woman) every other is just cock and bull stories.

7 Likes

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by pokipoki: 8:35am On Nov 18, 2018
ethankareem:
I asked are the same question o? She was like attitude shows it all
Dude, my advice is to let her go. Reason is that; no one knows the future - what if she is the one treating you bad in future. Secondly an attitude like that us very negative. No one needs a negative attitude in this life. Granted couples have their issues but most times are resolved.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by dan900(m): 8:35am On Nov 18, 2018
Yeah.. Kind of agree. It takes patience, discipline and believe. These days, prayer is needed o.

IF EARNING N3K DAILY IS NOT TO SMALL FOR YOU. THEN LET ME OPEN YOUR EYES TO EMPTY CARTON ARBITRAGE. IT CAN BE DONE FROM ANYWHERE/STATE IN NIGERIA. IT DOESN'T TAKE TIME. HIGHLY PROFITABLE.

SEE MY SIGNATURE TO REACH ME ON WHATSAPP. CHEERS.

1 Like

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Topmaike007(m): 8:35am On Nov 18, 2018
I am here to learn

2 Likes

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by crazygod(m): 8:36am On Nov 18, 2018
Well bible said 'he who finds a wife, obtains favour from God'.
That means na u go find wife not God.
He also said a man shall cling to his wife not a man shall cling to the wife I find for him.
Ur girl don't love u again and as probably seen another person.
Except she personally saw a revelation.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by izzy4shizzy(m): 8:36am On Nov 18, 2018
Bros that's you cue to bounce.... fear girls that visits prophets and even listen to their advice

Imagine say una marry, den prophet come tell her say na u be the source of her problem, make she eliminate the problem...you go just join statistics of guys wey girls don kill

My advice, listen to her and bounce, not everything is for you

10 Likes

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by argon500: 8:36am On Nov 18, 2018
Bro a lady that can't think by herself is never matured for a marriage. Abeg look somewhere else

Btw what gives an assurance that she doesn't visit herbalist as well. Run

6 Likes

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Hades2016(m): 8:37am On Nov 18, 2018
I don’t think so .. na only for Nigeria that one da happen

1 Like

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by 10mobile: 8:37am On Nov 18, 2018
I advise the op & all of you to take time & read this inspired piece (below) & you can answer this and similar questions for yourself. God is the one to choose for you who to marry and when to eat but it must not be through a self styled 'man of god'. It's often through his spirit living in you. 'Man of God' is no title. It's an essence. You can choose to be one indeed. https://www.nairaland.com/4852149/man-god-god-man-inspired

2 Likes

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Robnectar(m): 8:37am On Nov 18, 2018
ovieokodhi:
A
. Akara
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by femi4: 8:38am On Nov 18, 2018
ethankareem:

That's a fake prophet.
She should be able to hear from God directly concerning you

2 Likes

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Eberex(m): 8:39am On Nov 18, 2018
When you meet someone and you find them appealing, and then you find yourself falling in love with them, will you say it was God who showed you your spouse if eventually you married and she turned out to be an evil person? Would you say they were chosen by God if they turn out to be sweet and nice after marriage? Definitely yes, because they turned out good.

God allows us to make our choices, so you don't end up blaming him at the long run. That was also the reason why He gave us freewill, to be able to decipher good women from the bad ones.

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? / RCCG Member: I Deliver N2.5m Ransom To My In-law’s Kidnappers / These Ebooks Will Radically Change Your Life Forever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.