Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Nigeria Security Services: A Dependable Security Service Or A Boys Brigade? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Security Services: A Dependable Security Service Or A Boys Brigade? (219 Views)

FG Creates Mines Marshal Drawn From Nigeria Security And Civil Defence Corps / We’ve Killed Bandits Who Attacked Presidential Guards Brigade In Abuja: Defence / How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro (2) (3) (4)

Nigeria Security Services: A Dependable Security Service Or A Boys Brigade? by Ngorbungor(m): 11:17pm On Apr 18, 2021
I was in Owerri during the Easter holidays and what we witnessed was a shame, unbelievable cowardice from the security agencies, Unknown Gun Men dancing Infront of the Government House roundabout for 30min, before attacking the Police Headquarters and the Owerri Prison, mind you these 3 Government establishment are in the same location, the Government House and the Police Headquarters are in the same premises, while the Owerri Prison is sharing a boundary (fence) with the Police Headquarters.

So tell me how on earth is this possible for these guys to have successfully attacked the Police Headquarters and the Owerri Prison for 3 good hours without any defensive response from the security agencies? As in not a single bullet was fired by our security men not to talk of exchange of gun fire and suprisingly no body was killed.as person's in police detention facility and inmates numbering over 1800 were released with ease.

For your information, The 82 Division Obinze is less than 30 minutes to the Police Headquarters, the Police Area Command at fire service junction in Owerri is less than 5 minutes to the Police Headquarters and none of them sent backup to the trouble area. Thats not all and I stand to be corrected does it mean we don't have at least 200 security personnel around at that time and space guiding the Government House, the Police Headquarters and the Owerri Prison, I even forgot to mention the DSS state office located in the same location.

But they are very quick to arrest innocent Nigeria's. May God help us in this Country of ours.

So my question is do we really have a dependable security services or just boys that are tired of sitting at home because of no jobs or bunch of unpatriotic business men that are after their pockets?
Re: Nigeria Security Services: A Dependable Security Service Or A Boys Brigade? by ThEGodFaThEr101(m): 11:19pm On Apr 18, 2021
Security operatives that are only after danfo drivers because of 100 Naira. Is that one a security outfit!

Re: Nigeria Security Services: A Dependable Security Service Or A Boys Brigade? by Ngorbungor(m): 11:29pm On Apr 18, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr101:
Security operatives that are only after danfo drivers because of 100 Naira. Is that one a security outfit!

This is a serious matter, if all we have as security is these set of people then Nigerians should be ready to protect and defend them selves

Insecurity: Bayelsa Govt To Relaunch Own Security Outfit "Operation Doo- Akpo" / 319,755 Nigerians Benefitted From Payroll Support Programme – Presidency / Optics: The Masses Perspective Of Governor Seyi Makinde Administration