Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,286 members, 7,954,134 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:52 PM

Effective Methods To Grasp JAVASCRIPT Easily. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Effective Methods To Grasp JAVASCRIPT Easily. (374 Views)

How Many Courses Did It Take You To Learn/grasp Javascript? / Challenge For Javascript Beginners/intermidiate / After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effective Methods To Grasp JAVASCRIPT Easily. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2021
I have been struggling with JAVASCRIPT for a while now and it seems like I don't know a thing about it. For me although I'm still frequenting HTML and CSS seldom, I think the former languages are easy to understand compared to JS. please for those who have successfully winged it considerably what method did you apply to understand it.

PS: I use freecodeca.mp to learn JS.

Karleb

Tenga*****

and the other bosses here.

1 Like

Re: Effective Methods To Grasp JAVASCRIPT Easily. by qtguru(m): 1:24pm On Apr 19, 2021
Read JavaScript for Advanced Web Developers by Nicholas Zakas, it will teach JavaScript not ES6. You can cover es6 after this, I want to re-cover it again because I think I might be getting stale.

3 Likes

Re: Effective Methods To Grasp JAVASCRIPT Easily. by Karleb(m): 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2021
How long have you been learning JavaScript?

It takes an average of 3 months to wrap your head around Javascript for most people.

My advice is you go to YouTube and download all those series with short short videos explaining the concept of JavaScript.

If a particular video/tutor doesn't suit you, download another and try to code along with the tutor.
Re: Effective Methods To Grasp JAVASCRIPT Easily. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 19, 2021
qtguru:
Read JavaScript for Advanced Web Developers by Nicholas Zakas, it will teach JavaScript not ES6. You can cover es6 after this, I want to re-cover it again because I think I might be getting stale.
Okay, I'm downloading it already but I found this only. If you the soft copy, I'll be glad if you can share with me via email.

Re: Effective Methods To Grasp JAVASCRIPT Easily. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2021
Karleb:
How long have you been learning JavaScript?

It takes an average of 3 months to wrap your head around Javascript for most people.

My advice is you go to YouTube and download all those series with short short videos explaining the concept of JavaScript.

If a particular video/tutor doesn't suit you, download another and try to code along with the tutor.

Almost a week. The only thing I know about it is that there's a language called JS. cry cry
Re: Effective Methods To Grasp JAVASCRIPT Easily. by Karleb(m): 2:48pm On Apr 19, 2021
SageX1444:
Almost a week. The only thing I know about it is that there's a language called JS. cry cry

cheesy

You'll be alright.

For now don't think of building anything with it. Just try to grasp it.

Learn stuffs like how to declare variables with Let and Const keywords. Why it's preferred to keyword like Var.

Variable scope.

If else logic.

for each. etc.

Trust me, learning JavaScript in 2021 is easier than learning it 4yrs ago. The only downside to learning it in 2021 is that there are a lot to learn. But don't panic, no one expects you to know everything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Effective Methods To Grasp JAVASCRIPT Easily. by salvationproject(m): 2:59pm On Apr 19, 2021
SageX1444:
I have been struggling with JAVASCRIPT for a while now and it seems like I don't know a thing about it. For me although I'm still frequenting HTML and CSS seldom, I think the former languages are easy to understand compared to JS. please for those who have successfully winged it considerably what method did you apply to understand it.

PS: I use freecodeca.mp to learn JS.

Karleb

Tenga*****

and the other bosses here.
visit stackbeginner.com to learn JS easily
The JS tutorial there is straight forward with practicals
Re: Effective Methods To Grasp JAVASCRIPT Easily. by arejibadz(m): 6:18pm On Apr 19, 2021
Build things bro

(1) (Reply)

Recover Hacked Gmail Account / Is Java Good For A Novice To Learn? And Also What Brain Work Is Required? / Understanding Quickbook Preferences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.