Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Sobic Microfinance Bank - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sobic Microfinance Bank (12238 Views)

Salary Scale Of A Loan Officer At Sobic Microfinance Bank / Sobic Microfinance Vacancies / Sobic And Co Mfi, Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 24, 2021
Lifestone:

You are a bitter ex-staff and I am not suppressed you got kicked out or maybe you left just before you are to be kicked out.
How do you want an institution not to set target for staff and hold them accountable for the target. You apparently want to be paid salary without caring if the institution is doing well or not. People like you and some others above are the reason why so many businesses failed.

People like you are reasons why employers have the guts to treat humans as less of themselves. Is this bank the only bank in Nigeria? Haven't we all seen reviews of the other banks?

At the end, the said bank will die its natural death when capable hands aren't treated well to remain on the job. Only mediocre ones with no hope of a better future stay and such business would eventually suffer. Private schools are a good example.

I understood already that will time, people like you will be offered peanuts to invade this thread and defend it for their reputation. Please, enjoy your crumbs.

1 Like

Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by crowther15(m): 7:23am On Apr 24, 2021
Alaganature:

How trustworthy was the agent.. cos am in polyibadan finalists. but I need a good job before leaving school.
I think they are okay sha. At least we never met before, but we communicated via email address.
Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by JTCHI: 8:01am On Apr 24, 2021
Map1:
Are you a female or a male?if you are a male and you are ready to work as marketer I will advise you not to try it but if you are a female be ready to play along sexualy

Thank you bro...
Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by Odumoye(m): 8:16am On Apr 24, 2021
I would rather advice that you shouldn't depend on their job neither should you expect their call cos u will wait hopelessly. But instead, if there's anything that u are doing for now, hold on to it. Cos i could remember like 4yrs back, I was also there (@ibadan) for the interview, passed all their tests coupled with the oral interview, thereafter I was giving a guarantor form which I felt within me that I already got the job. Bros, till date, I no hear anything from them.....na God talk say make I no resign from my job then.... Bros, they aren't reliable

1 Like

Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by Lifestone(m): 8:30am On Apr 24, 2021
ThreeBlackBird:

People like you are reasons why employers have the guts to treat humans as less of themselves. Is this bank the only bank in Nigeria? Haven't we all seen reviews of the other banks?

At the end, the said bank will die its natural death when capable hands aren't treated well to remain on the job. Only mediocre ones with no hope of a better future stay and such business would eventually suffer. Private schools are a good example.

I understood already that will time, people like you will be offered peanuts to invade this thread and defend it for their reputation. Please, enjoy your crumbs.
I get surprise with people like you who believe whatever they read on social media.
Someone put in hundred of millions of Naira to set up a bank and you want to collect salary without working at the rate that will make the bank profitable.
Some of these loan officers will give loan to their cronies and themselves in disguise. What I find out is that you guys despise successful people.
The OP should pick up the job if he's interested in working.
By the way, I am an entrepreneur who has had to deal always with these entitlement filled Nigerians.
Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 24, 2021
Lifestone:

I get surprise with people like you who believe whatever they read on social media.
Someone put in hundred of millions of Naira to set up a bank and you want to collect salary without working at the rate that will make the bank profitable.
Some of these loan officers will give loan to their cronies and themselves in disguise. What I find out is that you guys despise successful people.
The OP should pick up the job if he's interested in working.
By the way, I am an entrepreneur who has had to deal always with these entitlement filled Nigerians.
This so called social media has saved a lot of people from businesses like yours which would have been a disaster if they have to find out themselves.

How would you deduct loans obtained by other people from the salaries of your employees, even if the employee facilitated the customers to your bank?

There are loan defaulter in every bank and there's usually an agreement on who to hold if there is a breach, be it the guarantor or a collateral. It would be an entire waste of time for a useless organization to bear the brunt of a loan.

The bank wants employees to bring customers and still be responsible for the customers' action. Only frustrated people work for organization as that.

2 Likes

Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by Lifestone(m): 9:28am On Apr 24, 2021
ThreeBlackBird:

This so called social media has saved a lot of people from businesses like yours which would have been a disaster if they have to find out themselves.

How would you deduct loans obtained by other people from the salaries of your employees, even if the employee facilitated the customers to your bank?

There are loan defaulter in every bank and there's usually an agreement on who to hold if there is a breach, be it the guarantor or a collateral. It would be an entire waste of time for a useless organization to bear the brunt of a loan.

The bank wants employees to bring customers and still be responsible for the customers' action. Only frustrated people work for organization as that.
That's why I am saying before you start castigating this bank, you need to get clarifications.
If you bring in a customer and didn't do proper documentations which leads to problems in the recovery of the loan, who should be held responsible? If you lied to the bank to create the loan and this result in default, who should be held responsible? You must hear total story before taking side.
Banks only hold staff accountable by deducting from their salary Only when they are found culpable
Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by SAMTOBIJU(m): 10:48am On Apr 24, 2021
Please don't. Sobic is not a good microfinance bank at all. Staff welfare is completely zero. I know someone who worked there for a short period of time, it was a terrible experience.

1 Like

Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by Uyigue12(m): 12:56pm On Apr 24, 2021
Sobic is the worst microfinance I ever know or work with......u must regret working for them....especially with their useless HR and admin policy bross na hell zone I called them.....

2 Likes

Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by govnor4551(m): 2:56pm On Apr 24, 2021
Adekunle1665:
Good evening, please what should I expect from sobic microfinance bank interview and I need more information about the company on their salary scale and how they treat their staff. Thanks
They are very worst... You will regret it. I work with them and they are nothing to talk about. They start with 30k, conveyance of 4500 every week.
If you don't get your money back, your salary go for it.
Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by omoolababs(m): 2:58pm On Apr 24, 2021
Na wa o. I thank God for my little own. I am presently working as a Credit Officer in a Micro Finance Institution
Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by Josefvision(m): 6:04pm On Apr 24, 2021
bros if dem give u appointment letter g hio and do it and try ur luck grace differs I believe they re people working in dat organization for a decane
Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by Showers001: 10:24am On Jun 07, 2021
SOBIC Microfinance Job: A Balanced Perspective

SOBIC AT A GLANCE
SOBIC and Company, a Microfinance Institution started out in August 2008 with a single branch with just one staff member, but today the Company has grown to a network of 50 branches with over 400 members of staff in 12 years of her existence.

At SOBIC and Company there is a career path; three members of the management team started out as Credit Officers- the first cadre in any microfinance institution. They include the Assistant General Manager, Administration; Assistant General Manager, Operations; and Head, Internal Control Department. Many others 0have become Senior Area Managers, Area Managers and Unit Managers in the Company.

Recently, a Credit Officer was promoted to the position of a Branch Manager within six months of joining SOBIC because of his outstanding performance and zero tolerance for default; he was not the first to be promoted in such a short period and will definitely not be the last.
How come there are hues and cries about recruitment/staff management in the Company?

MIXED PERSPECTIVES
For those that have succeeded on the job or are earning more than their salary in incentives, SOBIC is a great place to work. But for those that encountered one challenge or the other, the story will be different. For example, some left the company because of failure to adhere to rules and regulations, while some were relieved because of fraud related issues, what do you expect people like these to say about a company?

Meanwhile, some had genuine grievances relating to delay in payment of entitlement in the past and the management has addressed this to ensure seamless exit from the Company. Some applicants have delay in posting because of their choice of location, some due to delay in documentation, yet many others have been posted without issues.

COMPANY’S POLICY
Companies are run on policies that address the nature of their businesses, risks and working conditions, SOBIC is not an exception. We have credit policies that stipulate our risk appetite and have also put in place on the job training to equip members of staff, especially operators on how to handle their portfolio without default or with portfolio at risk of 2 percent maximum.

NO RECRUITMENT AGENTS, BEWARE!
SOBIC does not have recruiting agents; recruitment is done by the Human Resource Unit of the Company. Applicants should therefore desist from paying anyone for employment at SOBIC. Rather, we have embraced technology in recruitment, thus our aptitude test is conducted online and sometimes we employ video conferencing app for interviews.

CONCLUSION
There is still room for more capable, diligent and God-fearing hands to work with SOBIC and Company as we cruise on in the expansion drive to make SOBIC the best in Nigeria and beyond.
Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by bankzee: 7:44pm On Jun 11, 2021
If u like to be working without been paid. sobic is d right place for u. But if u want to be working and getting paid don't work with sonic as C.O and if u want to be successful person in life pls find another company to work with. I remembered the terrible experiences I encountered when I worked with so called sobic with thier peanut pays. In fact it was very horrible experience that I
don't wantt to be recollected again.

Their salary for CO then was 33k in a month with 3,500 in a week making 47k in month but I never for once collect 20k as a salary for few months I spent with them. The last salary I collected before I resigned was 2,700 out of 33k lolz. But I give thanks to almighty Allah for where am working today bcox that yeye 33k that they were paying me then is not up to my car fueling in a month. I use to see my colleagues that we worked together then till now nothing has changed in thier livies and they are still enjoying the sufarness in d name of no job in Nigeria even including my BM.

I am using this opportunity to urge the mgt of so called sobic to stop deducting thier staff salaries to cover default that the mgt know it not easy to recover. Imagine no collateral for thier loans and no recovery dept/team also.

And for u that is defending the company I will advise u to try to get job in another company to know how things Is going on. This is 21 century. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by Uyigue12(m): 5:18am On Jun 12, 2021
Showers001:
SOBIC Microfinance Job: A Balanced Perspective

SOBIC AT A GLANCE
SOBIC and Company, a Microfinance Institution started out in August 2008 with a single branch with just one staff member, but today the Company has grown to a network of 50 branches with over 400 members of staff in 12 years of her existence.

At SOBIC and Company there is a career path; three members of the management team started out as Credit Officers- the first cadre in any microfinance institution. They include the Assistant General Manager, Administration; Assistant General Manager, Operations; and Head, Internal Control Department. Many others 0have become Senior Area Managers, Area Managers and Unit Managers in the Company.

Recently, a Credit Officer was promoted to the position of a Branch Manager within six months of joining SOBIC because of his outstanding performance and zero tolerance for default; he was not the first to be promoted in such a short period and will definitely not be the last.
How come there are hues and cries about recruitment/staff management in the Company?

MIXED PERSPECTIVES
For those that have succeeded on the job or are earning more than their salary in incentives, SOBIC is a great place to work. But for those that encountered one challenge or the other, the story will be different. For example, some left the company because of failure to adhere to rules and regulations, while some were relieved because of fraud related issues, what do you expect people like these to say about a company?

Meanwhile, some had genuine grievances relating to delay in payment of entitlement in the past and the management has addressed this to ensure seamless exit from the Company. Some applicants have delay in posting because of their choice of location, some due to delay in documentation, yet many others have been posted without issues.

COMPANY’S POLICY
Companies are run on policies that address the nature of their businesses, risks and working conditions, SOBIC is not an exception. We have credit policies that stipulate our risk appetite and have also put in place on the job training to equip members of staff, especially operators on how to handle their portfolio without default or with portfolio at risk of 2 percent maximum.

NO RECRUITMENT AGENTS, BEWARE!
SOBIC does not have recruiting agents; recruitment is done by the Human Resource Unit of the Company. Applicants should therefore desist from paying anyone for employment at SOBIC. Rather, we have embraced technology in recruitment, thus our aptitude test is conducted online and sometimes we employ video conferencing app for interviews.

CONCLUSION
There is still room for more capable, diligent and God-fearing hands to work with SOBIC and Company as we cruise on in the expansion drive to make SOBIC the best in Nigeria and beyond.
I know this guy writing jagons the Dummy head Hr .....the pure truth is just Sobic is not a good place to work,they are destiny killers and time wasters ..........in Mfi they are the poorest..........

1 Like

Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by Bakerdav: 7:41am On Jun 12, 2021
Sobic isn't a good mfb o ,pls b careful
Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by OMOLAJA426(m): 5:00pm On Oct 31, 2021
I worked at SOBIC and company for six years though i resigned voluntarily realy enjoyed the place
Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by Bakerdav: 6:28pm On Oct 31, 2021
OMOLAJA426:
I worked at SOBIC and company for six years though i resigned voluntarily realy enjoyed the place
lol ur qualification?
Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by Adekunle1665: 8:05pm On Oct 31, 2021
Hunn
Bakerdav:
lol ur qualification?
Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by Adekunle1665: 8:05pm On Oct 31, 2021
Hunn
OMOLAJA426:
Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by ProYouLettingUK(m): 7:05pm On Nov 01, 2021
Can you tell the branch, your qualification, and the year you resign, please?

1 Like

Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by worldclass68(m): 9:49pm On Jan 04, 2023
Bakom:
I work in sobic nd company as credit officer. Feel free to ask me anything about the company

Good evening...got an invite from them..
Pls what's the salary structure...
I applied as credit officer and internal control officer.
I'm not in Ibadan, I'll have to travel on Friday, I need to know if it worth it sir. ...
Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by Adekunle1665: 11:43am On Jan 05, 2023
You should be ready for a rigorous work after the interview, because the job is very demanding
worldclass68:

Good evening...got an invite from them..
Pls what's the salary structure...
I applied as credit officer and internal control officer.
I'm not in Ibadan, I'll have to travel on Friday, I need to know if it worth it sir. ...
Re: Sobic Microfinance Bank by worldclass68(m): 12:03pm On Jan 05, 2023
Adekunle1665:
You should be ready for a rigorous work after the interview, because the job is very demanding

Not sure I'll be attending..
Learnt I'll have to repay loans with my small salary if the debtors dont pay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Job Recruitment / Hi There, It Has Come To Our Attention That Some People Are Sharing FAKE News. / Fadac Resources Latest Job Recruitment (10 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.