Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! (16026 Views)

Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities / Job Seekers Don't Sleep, They Go For Opportunities Like This... / Just Have Completed Your Graduation And Looking For Opportunities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by febble: 12:58pm On Apr 20, 2021
lagos will just kill n finish you...50k job in ibadan is better than 100k in Lagos...talking from experience....i regret moving back to Lagos from ibadan

andyblinks05:

am opt in for lagos cos of the more opportunities there

3 Likes

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by hyzich(m): 1:02pm On Apr 20, 2021
Catfishing:

In your 'lame' attempt to sound funny, you made a f0ol of yourself.

Where did you see 'aquisition' in that comment you quoted?

Stop this childish habit, will you undecided angry

oga ooo, calm down. i do not have time for this, correct yourself and move on. FYI, I was just pulling your legs but you were so rigid to see that
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Solatium(m): 1:16pm On Apr 20, 2021
andyblinks05:

The opportunity am talking here is to chase my dreams/passion cos you know when you establish you self in something you like doing even if you don't get paid you will be fulfilled. am a graduate in english and one of my passion is entertainment and media, I have alot that I want to do in both fields thats why I see lagos as a starting platform to develop myself and put out all what I gat. This is the tip of opportunities am talking about

If your dreams is in media and entertainment using all available Social Media channels to push yourself is the best option for you.
If you are so good,game will find you in your village,you can them relocate to Lagos.
My Guy,no deceive yahself,no amount of Talent you wan bring lagos wet you no go find people wet get 20x of that
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Solatium(m): 1:20pm On Apr 20, 2021
FuckEveryday:
The person advising you to choose a 60k job in Ibadan over a 100k job in Lagos, doesn't like you @ all.

whenever you come to Lagos, try staying on the island alone, it'll interest you to know most graduates stay @ security houses and alot of "packaged uncompleted buildings" due to numerous real estate projects.

but when you find one, don't think that's all, you still have to work hard, but why Im telling you to come to the island to work hard is simple...

Destiny helpers don't go round looking for you, you have to position yourself where they'll easily find you and you'll have options too. don't let your pastor deceive you.

it worked for me, it'll definitely work for you too..cheers

modified: I see some clowns mentioning me saying rubbish..smh

one said rich people don't help on the island cheesy you think someone would see you on the streets of Lagos, pick u in his /her car and change Ur life grin this Life isn't ROK TV bruv...the Moto I dey drive now, someone on this forum bought it for me, yes, on this same Nairaland. If I wasn't staying/squating on the island then, I'm 100% sure I would hv missed the opportunity.

Life doesn't start and end on the island part of Lagos, but I can authoritatively tell you that it gives you a better chance or Head start of you'll prefer to call it that.

To the other guy that said everyone on d island doesn't have legit money, I have nothing to say to you..have a good life and may God open your eyes.

How about people who found favor in Ìlọrin, Abeokuta and other remote area's?
Dey there dey deceive yourself,there are people who live outside lagos and live better than you.

2 Likes

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Onyiloyi121: 1:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
maximunimpact:

Let me know when you get to Lagos
Please bro can u help? Am in lagos too sir a graduate too just came in pls help in anyway
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 20, 2021
simple250:
You even have option of where to stay grin

Real dream chasers don't have option of where to stay when they land Lagos cool
This is about to be me

1 Like

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by FiverrTutor(m): 2:15pm On Apr 20, 2021
kaziblake:
And since it is on the island you can stay around Iyana oworo or costain or obalende..You can get cheap accommodation around these area.

Thank you so much!
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Hassanmaye(m): 2:41pm On Apr 20, 2021
SenatePresdo:
Lagos is overrated. Overpopulated, traffic, a lot of mad people ready to fight at the slightest provocation.
Lagos can only be sweet if you have money and live in a reasonable neighborhood. But you can never escape the traffic.

I love my small London Enugu cool
Enugu sweet no be small trees everywhere, ventilation inside town like I don't want to come back to the north here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Hassanmaye(m): 2:41pm On Apr 20, 2021
SenatePresdo:
Lagos is overrated. Overpopulated, traffic, a lot of mad people ready to fight at the slightest provocation.
Lagos can only be sweet if you have money and live in a reasonable neighborhood. But you can never escape the traffic.

I hope you guys will give me chioma to marry cheesy
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Mekanus(m): 2:43pm On Apr 20, 2021
Chicastle:

No wonder you want to go Lagos find laptop not job
No be me be the OP ooo. I no even like Lagos. Me too wan learn if the guy get any legit hustle that can be done with lapi.
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Hassanmaye(m): 2:43pm On Apr 20, 2021
Mrlcredible:
18k for a graduate?
what kind of work sef?
My brother just thank God if you have a good job in Nigeria OK, I know someone earning 10k each month while many get 15k monthly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Hassanmaye(m): 2:47pm On Apr 20, 2021
Originalsly:

Bro.... never ever say you're a graduate.... and worse... in English. It is better you wrote in Pidgin than torture us with this your graduate english. Even if I was in a position to connect you... I would not... because of your English..... and the low reasoning level you're showing chatting with Joysticks. If you can't start chasing your dream where you live.... don't risk trying in Lagos.

Nothing wrong with his English sir, I can bet with my balls I can speak good English more than you, just because he is writing Like that doesn't mean he is poor in English, you expect someone to speak fluent English on faceless forum, think Na
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by SenatePresdo(m): 2:56pm On Apr 20, 2021
Hassanmaye:

I hope you guys will give me chioma to marry cheesy

If chioma agrees, you are free to take her grin

1 Like

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by PhillyA: 3:33pm On Apr 20, 2021
If you have a place to stay, don't hesitate to pursue your dream of media and entertainment in Lagos. As a matter of fact, there's no better place to be when it comes to entertainment. Many people who live in Lagos take the city for granted, myself included. I got a shocker of my life living in Port Harcourt, Abuja and Benue for internship and NYSC. Before living outside of Lagos, I assumed every other city is on par with Lagos with respect to opportunities, commerce and technology. I'm no longer in Lagos but it is a city after my heart. I love the new tech ecosystem sprawling in Yaba and other places, it could only mean more jobs. I wish government could inject seed funding into that ecosystem, or create a program similar to SBIR/STTR in US.

Let me share the story of an ex-colleague at my former office in Lagos, he was in a similar situation as you, more than a decade ago. He grew up in the east, went to college in one of those eastern universities, and immediately moved to Lagos in search of the proverbial greener pastures. Here's where it gets interesting: he didn't job hunt the traditional way: waiting for job ads and applying like Lagosians such as myself would normally do. He got a map of Island, and knocked on the door of every company on the island, submitting a resume to either the security officer or receptionist at the front desk. He did get a job at my office based off of this strategy alone. Well, let me just say, it is a multinational company, and the base salary was globally competitive.

How bad do you want it?

2 Likes

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Hassanmaye(m): 3:34pm On Apr 20, 2021
Barbiturate:
Lagos hard. Lagos tough die! No be beans bro! I was born and bred here in Lagos. I'm a graduate with a good result and some experience in Procurement and sales. I still don't have a job atm. I've attended over 100 interviews here in Lagos. Though destiny differs. Yours might be different.

All the best
Blood of Zachariah!!! It will be very difficult for me to believe you sir, you reside in Lagos and yet you don't have a job? Lagos is the land of opportunities, if you have a place to stay and food to eat finding a job in Lagos is easy but if you don't please stay where you are
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Hassanmaye(m): 3:36pm On Apr 20, 2021
semasir:
100 jobs and still unemployed? Don't you think you need to restrategize? I was once out of job for a month and got 2 offers and had to settle for one over the other even the longer one I was out of job for 5 months, I was engaged doing something online.

Please think it through your plans on this interviews.

What are doing online, blogging?
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by 1manuel(m): 3:43pm On Apr 20, 2021
SenatePresdo:

Omo if the money Don come like this

I dey go enugu straight

2 Likes

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Originalsly: 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2021
Basalt:

#18,000 attractive? cry cry cry
Like seriously, has it gotten to this bikonu?

grin grin unbelievable!..... and we wonder why employers can offer starvation wages!
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by emonis88: 5:37pm On Apr 20, 2021
andyblinks05:

media and entertainment
lag na d place when it comes to dat field, I must say u should be ready for d struggle sha.
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by kaziblake(f): 6:07pm On Apr 20, 2021
FiverrTutor:

Thank you so much!
Anytime�.
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 6:12pm On Apr 20, 2021
House1411:
This is about to be me
are you planning to stay under bridge?
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 6:14pm On Apr 20, 2021
Hassanmaye:

My brother just thank God if you have a good job in Nigeria OK, I know someone earning 10k each month while many get 15k monthly
thats one thing they dont know after staying for a while in north

1 Like

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 6:14pm On Apr 20, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Nothing wrong with his English sir, I can bet with my balls I can speak good English more than you, just because he is writing Like that doesn't mean he is poor in English, you expect someone to speak fluent English on faceless forum, think Na
thank you for understanding

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Juanmike(m): 6:18pm On Apr 20, 2021
BabaIbo:

No be everything them dey open mouth talk.
So text it now, make I read, cos I dey lag presently.
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 6:18pm On Apr 20, 2021
PhillyA:
If you have a place to stay, don't hesitate to pursue your dream in media and entertainment in Lagos. As a matter of fact, there's no better place to be when it comes to entertainment. Many people who live in Lagos take the city for granted, myself included. I got a shocker of my life living in Port Harcourt, Abuja and Benue for internship and NYSC. Before living outside of Lagos, I assumed every other city is on par with Lagos with respect to opportunities, commerce and technology. I'm no longer in Lagos but it is a city after my heart. I love the new tech ecosystem sprawling in Yaba and other places, it could only mean more jobs. I wish government could inject seed funding into that ecosystem, or create a program similar to SBIR/STTR in US.

Let me share the story of an ex-colleague at my former office in Lagos, he was in a similar situation as you, more than a decade ago. He grew up in the east, went to college in one of those eastern universities, and immediately moved to Lagos in search of the proverbial greener pastures. Here's where it gets interesting: he never did the laid back approach of only looking at job ads when they're posted, like Lagosians like myself would do. He got a map of Island, and knocked on the door of every company on the island, submitting a resume to either the security officer or receptionist at the front desk. He did get a job at my office based off of this strategy alone. Well, let me just say, it is a multinational company, and the base salary was globally competitive.

How bad do you want it?
you get my point sir, even if it's a security man I will do in order to sustain myself a pursue my dreams. am not thinking of where I will start but am thinking of where am going.
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 6:19pm On Apr 20, 2021
emonis88:

lag na d place when it comes to dat field, I must say u should be ready for d struggle sha.
thanks am more than ready
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 6:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
Solatium:

If your dreams is in media and entertainment using all available Social Media channels to push yourself is the best option for you.
If you are so good,game will find you in your village,you can them relocate to Lagos.
My Guy,no deceive yahself,no amount of Talent you wan bring lagos wet you no go find people wet get 20x of that
well does it matter ? if only am focused to what I will do then I don't think there is any barrier for me
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Dechief: 6:39pm On Apr 20, 2021
BabaIbo:

North?

I had that mindset in the past, after rounding up my NYSC program in a northern state. Instead of me to take time to figure out what next, I rushed to Lagos to start hustling. After few years I relocated to another state.

Although, it is a lesson learnt in life and I now see there are opportunities in other states and Grace can always locate us wherever we are, irrespective of the location.

I thought it is south, but then there are some states with good commercial atmosphere in the north.

Anyway, do what your mind tells you and be focus on it.

I wish you the best in your endeavors.
pls am currently facing similar situation can I have your number
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Dechief: 6:41pm On Apr 20, 2021
babajide107:
I have never gone for interview in my life,I earn around 150k monthly doing my own business in Ibadan but I’m very much tempted to come to Lagos with the way my Frnds say dier r more opportunity in island but I’m just scared if it worth it
pls can I have your number
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by babajide107: 7:26pm On Apr 20, 2021
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by emonis88: 7:42pm On Apr 20, 2021
andyblinks05:

thanks am more than ready
no be for mouth o! n u might not get a job in dat field yet, or d closest u can get to dat ur field on a quick bases is in a hotel, but who knows, life is unpredictable. just ve dat in mind n give ur best n leave d rest in God's hands . Goodluck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dangote Group Fresh Job Recruitment (19 Positions) / 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job / Seven Social Media Hacks Graduates Can Use To Land Their First Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.