Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,293 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures (25629 Views)

In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture / Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company / Kufre Nnah: Meet Millionaire Barber Who Came To Lagos With Only N5000 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by kambili999(f): 9:26pm On May 03, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Relocating to Lagos......with 20k?

[img]https://media1./images/f68427eb421845c708c8e7dfc817fd9c/tenor.gif?itemid=21071876[/img]

NURTW tout loading....
Jesus Christ grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by zoedew: 9:26pm On May 03, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:
My advise for you brother:

1. Clear the mindset that KOGI is not for you. Anyone can become prosperous anywhere. A lot of people are in Lagos and they can't boast of 2 meals per day. Slawomiir is a living witness.

2. I'm glad you're a graduate, there are many opportunities for you there.

3. Sir, since you're in Kogi, you can venture into farming, sell your produces to Lagosians and create time for your football skills. From there, one of your rich customers might assist you.

4. Finally, pray for God's direction.
Nothing to add!

1 Like

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by julybaba(m): 9:27pm On May 03, 2021
marcelo12:
hello guys. pls I need ur opinions and advices.

I'm a fresh graduate who is also aspiring to become a footballer, but it's nearly or even impossible to achieve that in my state (Kogi), I really don't know anyone in Lagos but I'm planning to move there for opportunities.

guys pls I need advice cause my life depends on what you say cause my family just thinks I'm wasting my time. and I'm having just 20 thousand naira with me

You can make it any where God plants you.
Babylon was the richest city ever, it was located in a desert.
Don't have the mentality that you can only succeed if you change location, opportunities abound everywhere, just pray that God will open your eyes to see them

3 Likes

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by gbaskiboy: 9:27pm On May 03, 2021
Omihanifa:
How on earth can you be thinking of migrating to kogi for greener pastures undecided

Kogi state that there's massive unemployment and endemic Hunger. The only source of employment there are petrol station ( pump attendant) barbing saloon, hotels and political thug/cultism. And there people are killing one another to even get those jobs

If you go there you are going to regret your decision. You can save this post for future reference
Go and read the story again and edit your comment

2 Likes

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Springboot: 9:27pm On May 03, 2021
I wish I could assist you with accommodation but the last person I helped really disappointed me.

6 Likes

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Ajibade123(m): 9:28pm On May 03, 2021
marcelo12:

I'm a fresh graduate who is also aspiring to become a footballer, but it's nearly or even impossible to achieve that in my state (Kogi), I really don't know anyone in Lagos but I'm planning to move there for opportunities.

guys pls I need advice cause my life depends on what you say cause my family just thinks I'm wasting my time. and I'm having just 20 thousand naira with me
it seems you are still dreaming... footballer with 20k
many of us wey be born and breed for lag sef once wished to be a footballer but as we no get money nko

2 Likes

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Golan007: 9:28pm On May 03, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Relocating to Lagos......with 20k?

[img]https://media1./images/f68427eb421845c708c8e7dfc817fd9c/tenor.gif?itemid=21071876[/img]

NURTW tout loading....

grin

1 Like

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by JohnNgene: 9:29pm On May 03, 2021
Coming to Lagos without making arrangements for accommodation is like attempted suicide o! Lol.

You need somebody (friend or family) you can squat with for at least six months biko.
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by sirmustyla(m): 9:31pm On May 03, 2021
Iseoluwani:
prove critics wrong, but look for side hustle.

as regards ur football, there will be less competition in kogi unlike Lagos, where everybody is a football

so the choice is yours

and

DONT EVER SAY UR LIFE DEPENDS ON WHAT PEOPLE ON SOCIAL MEDIA WILL SAY. IT SHOWS YOUR LEVEL OF UNSERIOUSNESS AND LACK OF DECISION MAKING SKILLS

Where field/time they for Lagos to play football or you know go hustle for your upkeep? Kogi is still a virgin land. Better you learn one 1year skill and establish in kogi then you'll be 25 which is not too bad.

2 Likes

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by bestmutiu2019(m): 9:32pm On May 03, 2021
Omihanifa:
Try Lagos and other southern states
your own case seff worst pass OP own

1 Like

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by FlexMinister: 9:33pm On May 03, 2021
my brother 50/50 chance na him you get either you win or lose for me I wish you all the best because na you wear shoes and na you know where dey pain you �

3 Likes

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by onuman: 9:33pm On May 03, 2021
Emu4life:
So 'greener pasture' dey naija........Wondafuuu

I wonder ooo.

Nigeria is full of red, blood pastures, no thanks to Islamic extremists steering the country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by OiOi: 9:33pm On May 03, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Cutehector(m): 9:34pm On May 03, 2021
I like your faith.

You can apply as a security guard then as time goes on, you get to rapport well with members of staff in the organization you work with, they get to know you are a graduate and by then, you must have been well known by HR. They get surprised and give you a shot.

4 Likes

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Miyachi: 9:34pm On May 03, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

1. Clear the mindset that KOGI is not for you. Anyone can become prosperous anywhere. A lot of people are in Lagos and they can't boast of 2 meals per day. Slawomiir is a living witness.

3. Sir, since you're in Kogi, you can venture into farming, sell your produces to Lagosians and create time for your football skills. From there, one of your rich customers might assist you.

grin grin
You cracked me up

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 9:34pm On May 03, 2021
Just come bro make we run d hustle together nobody go tell u how e na body and eye go tell

2 Likes

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by roqrules04(m): 9:35pm On May 03, 2021
OP, this is not Nollywood oo just stay in your Kogi and live your life lowkey till God answers your prayers

2 Likes

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Oyiboman69: 9:35pm On May 03, 2021
Emu4life:
So 'greener pasture' dey naija........Wondafuuu
kwa kwa kwa kwa!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by OiOi: 9:36pm On May 03, 2021
chukwuibuipob:
sad Lagos is RED now ooo NOT GREEN sad.Mind U, conductors nor dey free listen to story,.carry cash.200 Naira rice nor fit hold belle from 8AM to 12 pm..Be ready to wake up at 2/3 and hit the road. sad.Nor go do like JJC oo.If person wan see Ur trobu sad.Just para like python.Tell d fellow"ori e ti yi ni angry,Abi olori buruku ni Baba e ni angry sad embarassed undecided? U can as well pick bottle and smash it on Ur head cool wink cool and face the fellow wey dey harass u./Tell dem se o mo Seriki Anjonu ni Mushin olosha sad angry wink.Just brace up

Seriki aanjonu
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by phadul: 9:37pm On May 03, 2021
When people are moving abroad for greener pasture you na Lagos be your target

4 Likes

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Kingfragz: 9:37pm On May 03, 2021
marcelo12:

use that 20k start something,,the only green in Lagos naw na vegetables...or maybe green pepper...c u c Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Golan007: 9:37pm On May 03, 2021
marcelo12:

Follow your heart and have a resolve.

If you are truly a talented player, whether in Kogi or Lagos your ability would be sought after. Not like I know your talent level but it brings into question your footballing ability.

Surviving in Lagos with 20k would not be easy but not impossible. But you need a support system.
A kinsman from your local area, a friend, school mate , girlfriend or a job that is available from get-go.

Follow your heart but be prepared for the worst.

2 Likes

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Kobicove(m): 9:39pm On May 03, 2021
Lagos is the land of opportunities but please don't come with just 20K if you have no plans of where to stay undecided

6 Likes

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by tellwisdom: 9:39pm On May 03, 2021
20k take enter Lagos?? See this mad man. Where u wan sleep? Wetin u wan de do for Lagos?, who u know?

How many food u wan buy, transport nko??. OP, you are a mad man. You want make dem replace you with a criminal inside prison abi??

Better go use your money drink pepper soup and beer. U fit send me 3k make I take drink 2 bottles too

4 Likes

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 03, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

lmao!

2 Likes

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by OMOJOHN001: 9:41pm On May 03, 2021
Do not disturb yourself, You can make it anywhere bro.

Just get something doing, That football of a thing might later fail you ooooo be careful.

If you can go into dry cleaning biz, you will make money before this year ends.

2 Likes

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Depressed101: 9:41pm On May 03, 2021
marcelo12:

move from kogi but definitely not to Lagos, why not Abuja, it's nearer and more accomodating

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Miyachi: 9:41pm On May 03, 2021
Don't use your money to buy problem for yourself.

Pray and think deeply about this decision, seek advice from friends and family. Lagos will not be easy but you can overcome it.

2 Likes

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 03, 2021
chukwuibuipob:
sad Lagos is RED now ooo NOT GREEN sad.Mind U, conductors nor dey free listen to story,.carry cash.200 Naira rice nor fit hold belle from 8AM to 12 pm..Be ready to wake up at 2/3 and hit the road. sad.Nor go do like JJC oo.If person wan see Ur trobu sad.Just para like python.Tell d fellow"ori e ti yi ni angry,Abi olori buruku ni Baba e ni angry sad embarassed undecided? U can as well pick bottle and smash it on Ur head cool wink cool and face the fellow wey dey harass u./Tell dem se o mo Seriki Anjonu ni Mushin olosha sad angry wink.Just brace up

Lmaoooo

1 Like

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by toxtimmy: 9:44pm On May 03, 2021
I feel sorry for the people that listen to you or depend on you.... The worst thing any man can do is tell another man that their vision and mission for themselves is bad.... Never do that again... Destiny is for confused men.

Back to op... The way you take raise 20k, try and raise more that way.... Have your mission and vision in your heart... Believe in yourself, know yourself, stay principled, stay honest, stay cheerful, read and research, strategise and re- strategise if/when needed, don't be afraid to ask things or ask why and most importantly don't be afraid to fail... Stay true to your vision and mission, work and improve on it everyday... People you meet along the way will either pull you down or push you up, but if you believe and do all I suggested your light will shine.... What you plant is what you sow or harvest.

DM me directly and I will send you my two cents to help you achieve your dreams.... Stay well, positive and honest to your drive.

Lapinski:
If you're not destined to blow, even if you go canada, you no go blow. Start something first, those two things you just mentioned is the height of idleness. Football + school= laziness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Do Dispatch Riders Make Monthly? / 7 Ways You Waste Your Salary Without Knowing / Things Bosses Say When They Fire People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.