Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,439 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures (25632 Views)

In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture / Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company / Kufre Nnah: Meet Millionaire Barber Who Came To Lagos With Only N5000 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Elvisgolden: 12:32am On May 04, 2021
Lapinski:
If you're not destined to blow, even if you go canada, you no go blow. Start something first, those two things you just mentioned is the height of idleness. Football + school= laziness.

So you have made sense now with this nonsense
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by OyinO: 12:33am On May 04, 2021
Greener Pastures in Nigeria? You must be daydreaming. By the time you wake up from your dreams, you may find yourself under bridge in Lagos.
Instead of telling us you're running away from Kogi cos of insecurity and hardship, you're talking about Green Pasture in Lagos.
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by ceede2: 12:38am On May 04, 2021
foxton:
If am to advise u, ur best bet will b hawking, no dulling. Buy half cartoon or quater cartoon of gala and sell for bonny camp. U go sleep for underbrigde wella oo, if u fit avoid 'okpo' u go survive
Abakaliki Man, this advice is out of range
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by andyblinks05: 12:43am On May 04, 2021
Jirehz:

Search for google and Facebook Dem plenty there, with their number and address. Call them.

Be careful oo., as the country dey hot
ok .. but if you can refer me to a sure one I will be greatful
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Harrykn: 1:39am On May 04, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:
My advise for you brother:

3. Sir, since you're in Kogi, you can venture into farming, sell your produces to Lagosians and create time for your football skills.

What ya say ?? Farming to sell produces to lagosians??
Op wee just vanish cus the farm work wey I sabi fit kill person except you employ labour.
Subsistence farming along odikwa risky not to talk about commercial and not even selling in his home town, Lagos.

Op can you manage phone repair business it won’t cost you 10k to buy the essential equipments, partner with phone stores and advertise their phones/accessories and collect your cut when buyer pay. Lagos good but where you go stay nah the Koko forget food cus for sure you’ll eat.
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by mdsne(m): 1:56am On May 04, 2021
How did you intend to start life in Lagos I mean feeding and what to do apart from football ⚽ cos some graduates select work to do at times.
marcelo12:
hello guys. pls I need ur opinions and advices.

I'm a fresh graduate who is also aspiring to become a footballer, but it's nearly or even impossible to achieve that in my state (Kogi), I really don't know anyone in Lagos but I'm planning to move there for opportunities.

guys pls I need advice cause my life depends on what you say cause my family just thinks I'm wasting my time. and I'm having just 20 thousand naira with me

1 Like

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by sulorog(m): 2:38am On May 04, 2021
yesloaded:
Lagos of early 90s is not Lagos of today

Don't raise your hope too high

I work in Lagos but hardly stays in Lagos

Lagos is truly land of opportunity but over saturated although that doesn't mean you can't make it there

Ensure that you have legit online business that can fetch you money even if it's just 50k monthly that you will be making from it

From this same nairaland, you can seek for help of someone who need roommate and share the rent with such person.

I wish you the best

Sorry to ask this Bros, which online business do u do? can u teach someone any online business, one can do to make legit income pls
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Innov8ve1: 2:53am On May 04, 2021
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Nobody: 3:23am On May 04, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

The slawormiir part right grin grin grin

How do you remember your moniker self??
yea the slarmir part. i use email it works..
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by nnamx4u: 3:30am On May 04, 2021
Jirehz:

I hope you see my advise.
If you’ve actually made up your mind to come to Lagos, guy come.

I’m an Igbo boy and coming to Lagos wasn’t as it might be for you considering your present situation because even though I didn’t have money, it was easy to meet fellow Igbo boys like myself.

Before you come, try apply for jobs with all these security companies in Lagos. Halogen security, Synergy, Prime, Daniel security etc. there’re tens of them here.

Try to convince them to post you to the Island.
E get why
With your qualifications, and small lie that you have 5 years or more experience on the job, they’ll give you a job. Tell them you want night job. So that you sleep where you work and look for one barbing salon you go dey chill in the day. ( please no chill in a bet9ja or betting shop) e get why

Then please mingle and be friendly. If you want to go far, mingle with other tribes more. I been notice that my Kogi friends then, were contented with security which I feel is not good.

Please be brave enough to quite the security work after 1 year except nah chill work. Save, invest, be friendly( not mumu) and you’ll be fine.

I still dey Lagos like this oo
But if I were you, my plan will be to leave the country after Lagos.
E also get why

Cheers

Best comment

3 Likes

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Johnchrix(m): 4:22am On May 04, 2021
If u commot tp how much go come remain? And u no come get wetin girls get, omo u go suffer ooo
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Haywiz1122: 4:57am On May 04, 2021
Nonsense, I don’t know if you guys are posting for fun on here

You’re going to Lagos with 20k?

Do you even speak Yoruba since you’re from kogi?

What about food and shelter? Make reasonable money before leaving, okay

20k is just for your transport to Lagos and you have a long place to go.

Good luck.
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Abdullahi4u7(m): 4:58am On May 04, 2021
If you have a relative or friend with whom you could squat for some time in Kano.

And you wouldn't mind starting life with teaching jobs...

I would advise you to try Kano instead.

Why?

Private teaching jobs that pay between 20 to 50k are littered all over the place. Quite easy to secure one.

Cost of living is pocket-friendly as well.

Meanwhile, you could explore other opportunities of your choice while you are managing with that.

I wish you well.

3 Likes

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by husseinchoice(m): 5:15am On May 04, 2021
after u don old finish, u wan become a footballer??
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by coolcare(m): 5:58am On May 04, 2021
Does it mean that Nairalanders no get brain?

Brother here need advice I no objective opinion that balance both side.

My advice for you is 20k can not sustain you in Lagos. Look for network of family and friends you can leverage on to come.

Also pursuing two goals is not possible you have to be clear on one this will determine who and where you want to stay.

Moreso for football career Lagos is not an option because hunger go make you forget you be footballer. For football look out for other state where you can have access to less expensive meal little work to focus on training.

Logo is not bad anyway
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by coolcare(m): 6:06am On May 04, 2021
Jirehz:

I hope you see my advise.
If you’ve actually made up your mind to come to Lagos, guy come.

I’m an Igbo boy and coming to Lagos wasn’t as it might be for you considering your present situation because even though I didn’t have money, it was easy to meet fellow Igbo boys like myself. Most sensible comment even pass mine

Before you come, try apply for jobs with all these security companies in Lagos. Halogen security, Synergy, Prime, Daniel security etc. there’re tens of them here.

Try to convince them to post you to the Island.
E get why
With your qualifications, and small lie that you have 5 years or more experience on the job, they’ll give you a job. Tell them you want night job. So that you sleep where you work and look for one barbing salon you go dey chill in the day. ( please no chill in a bet9ja or betting shop) e get why

Then please mingle and be friendly. If you want to go far, mingle with other tribes more. I been notice that my Kogi friends then, were contented with security which I feel is not good.

Please be brave enough to quite the security work after 1 year except nah chill work. Save, invest, be friendly( not mumu) and you’ll be fine.

I still dey Lagos like this oo
But if I were you, my plan will be to leave the country after Lagos.
E also get why

Cheers
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Nobody: 6:22am On May 04, 2021
marcelo12:

I'm a fresh graduate who is also aspiring to become a footballer, but it's nearly or even impossible to achieve that in my state (Kogi), I really don't know anyone in Lagos but I'm planning to move there for opportunities.

guys pls I need advice cause my life depends on what you say cause my family just thinks I'm wasting my time. and I'm having just 20 thousand naira with me

IS FOOTBALL A PROFITABLE BUSINESS IN NIGERIA? NO.
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by adewasco2k(m): 6:22am On May 04, 2021
you are in Kogi, Abuja is more accessible to you
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Facts111: 6:40am On May 04, 2021
marcelo12:

What part of kogi ? Cos am in kogi .... Omaye ufedo
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Yus2020: 6:41am On May 04, 2021
Lagos is capital of poverty in Nigeria
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by ecomalchemist(m): 6:51am On May 04, 2021
Naija hard, you need to go out there and make a living.

Let me give you a brotherly advice, and I hope you work on it...
First of all I counsel people and I have done that on nairaland for a while... I have met great and good guys...
I dropped a story about my experience teaching in two schools as a corper and would not mind partnering with schools in abuja, but some accused me of looking for teaching job... Never ever mind what people say...
Back to the matter...
As a graduate, teaching and earning 15k, e no bad... But once you have a good (android) phone, go to any car stand of your choice around your area... Listen well, any good car stand and ask to see the manager... Tell him you want to help him market his cars and get good buyers... 90% of car stand managers will sign u on... Tel him you will be paid a small commission after sales...
Pick up your phone, snap as many cars as your phone memory can take, open a dedicated twitter ac, IG ac, Facebook ac, WhatsApp ac, ac etc... Take out time to post this cars, make sure you have the actual prices of this cars... You can add as much as #250k on it... Bring down the negotiations to as low as making #50k if need be just so I can sell. Set your monthly target... I assure you, if you get I client in a month, u make around #100,000k once you start growing, you can get as much as 5-10 client from all over the country and that hits you over #1m for just helping others sell their cars, Note all you invested was your time, energy, phone and data... No big financial capital...
Do not restrict yourself to cars, go for industrial machines as well, caterpillars, mikano gens, any thing, then you look for those big companies that need them and try to call their attention to it or market it to them... You may not sell in 3 months but when you manage to get a client to buy just 1 caterpillars, my brother you will instantly forget that u suffered before...
A friend of mine was marketing a silo for a local wielder, he received a call all the way from kebbi state, the purchase was made in Ilorin, he made #1.8 mil from buyers and #400k from seller... He still got a referral from that deal. Wake up bro...
Within a month or two, come and pay (tite).
I drive uber/bolt in abuja, market cars, sell commodities such as beans, maize, wheat, ginger,onions, name it... In bags and tonnes
And I make nothing less than half a mil monthly...

Affordable megatron 50,000mah powerbanks with 4 output units, type c and normal usb cord. payment on delivery within Lagos and Nationwide dispatch

3 Likes

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by ecomalchemist(m): 6:56am On May 04, 2021
Kreme:
No be everything wey de glitter be gold They made it sound cool when the story was told Once upon a time I was chilling in my street Then I got a call and they tell me say Lagos is the shit Walked out of school said I must go there If na trek them de trek me I no care Some people sit me down but me I no care Shey na Lagos them de blow I go end there I took the night bus cause me I had hope And back home I was sad me and my bad broke If na hunger we go fight, I go try cope Me I go wash them eye till them go cry soap
Yeah omo Lagos is calling I hear say them get money omo no dulling Even if na mami water de I go fall in Cause where me I de delay is not something...... Panshak zamani
Somebody Lied, one of my favorite songs back then !!!
na so Dem dey lie lie....
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by ecomalchemist(m): 6:59am On May 04, 2021
sulorog:

Sorry to ask this Bros, which online business do u do? can u teach someone any online business, one can do to make legit income pls

e-commerce
dropshipping
Facebook ads
Instagram ads
copywriting
crypto trading
importation

1 Like

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by DgrandFada007(m): 7:05am On May 04, 2021
Bros my own little advice for u is first ask for God's divine direction, after dt use dt 20k in hand to start selling soft drink or bottled water, base on location Kogi whether is hot so I think if you can start with dis later u can level up. I pray dt we will all make it in life.
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Energyking(m): 7:05am On May 04, 2021
Bruh

You go fit blow anywhere regardless of your environment. But Lagos? Hmm... The cash at hand won't be enough, talk more of surviving for long there without knowing anybody

Just chill small, establish an online side-hustle and level up your income first. Then when you make better money from there, reevaluate whether you want to go to Lagos or anywhere else
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Dmec(m): 7:13am On May 04, 2021
Clear the mindset that KOGI is not for you. Anyone can become prosperous anywhere. A lot of people are in Lagos and they can't boast of 2 meals per day. Slawormiir is a living witness.
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by oluwatunde1984(m): 7:15am On May 04, 2021
marcelo12:

. Do you have any handwork
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by aliscomonaj: 7:15am On May 04, 2021
What did you study Omaye?
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by stacyadams: 7:26am On May 04, 2021
Drparts:
Provided you know where to stay I will help u. Find any mechanic shop in Lagos even in kogi become tjerpir spare parts agent and provided u seems genuine and sincere I will give u spare parts to deliver them on credit .DM I will explain beta

Interested..my dm is not working but I can drop my number if u say so.
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Abolajigram(m): 7:35am On May 04, 2021
Greener pasture in Lagos? LMAO grin

This is not Nollywood bro undecided

1 Like

Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by Offpoint1: 7:40am On May 04, 2021
Bigshoe2028:
Once it still nigeria bro there is nothing like green talkless of pasture

Stay ur state ,

I remember that year I was begging my uncle for me to come to this place in Lagos

But now to go Lagos no dey my agenda again na abuja I dey plan coz I heard Lagos traffic is the worst in nigeria

Not the worst in Nigeria, but Africa.

I closed from work 5pm daily and I get home by 9pm or sometimes 10:30 for a journey that shouldn't take more than 35 minutes
Re: Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures by DaFuhrer(m): 7:45am On May 04, 2021
Lapinski:
If you're not destined to blow, even if you go canada, you no go blow. Start something first, those two things you just mentioned is the height of idleness. Football + school= laziness.

Is that the kinda of advice you give someone??
It's better to tell him to engage himself in something and then make sure whatever he's doing doesn't affect his football training sessions and game time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Do Dispatch Riders Make Monthly? / 7 Ways You Waste Your Salary Without Knowing / Things Bosses Say When They Fire People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.