Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Overcoming Sibling Rivalry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Overcoming Sibling Rivalry (132 Views)

Is Pastor Jerry Eze's Sibling A Road Side Seller? / The Mystery Of Rivalry / I Need Spiritual Help/deliverance For My Mentally challenged Sibling Urgently. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Overcoming Sibling Rivalry by topshore(f): 12:51pm On Apr 20, 2021
Text: Hebrew 12:24; Romans 12:18

It's a good thing for brothers to dwell in unity. God delights in good and healthy relationship in every area of human society: family, church,work, neighborhood; and wants us to relate in a godly manner.
Though we have individual differences but we should harness these differences to present a big picture of Christ in us.
Examples of Siblings Rivalry in the Bible
1. Esau and Jacob (Gen 27): Jacob was aided by his mother to collect his brother's portion of blessings. The reason is that their parent showed favouritism among them. Isaac loved Esau. Rebecca loved Jacob and earned sorrow at the end.
2. Joseph and his brothers: Because Jacob preferred and favoured Joseph more than his brothers and also because of Joseph dreams to be greater than them, they conspired to kill him and detested him but eventually sold him to slavery, where God used him to save a nation from drought and protected the entire future of Israel, having forgiven his brethren.
3. Cain and Abel: After Adam and Eve fell into the temptation of the serpent which led to the fall of man (Gen 3); this gave rise to the first manifestation of sibling rivalry between their children (Gen 4). Cain (a farmer) and Abel (a shepherd) brought thanksgiving offerings before God but God accepted Abel's fat offerings and rejected Cain's unworthy offerings. This drove Cain to hatred, anger, bitterness, envy and jealousy and negative emotions towards his brother. He eventually murdered his brother and got divine punishment as a result of his evil act.
4. Moses and his brethren (Exodus): Aaron and Miriam conspired against their brother, Moses, a friend of God. This made Miriam became a leper for a while before Moses asked God to forgive them.

What To Do Against Rivalry/Jealousy/Envy
1. Go to God in repentance
2. Confess and pray against these evil tenant in your life.
3. Evacuate them with the fire of the Holy Ghost out of your life.
4. Forgive one another and continue to relate in the love of God.
5. Be contented with who you are and what God has made you and will make you to become. Appreciate it and be thankful to God.
Prayer Points
1. To decree and plans of envious enemies shall not come to pass in my life, in the name of Jesus.
2. I decree that the Spirit of unhealthy rivalry is banished from my family, henceforth, in the name of Jesus.
3. Enemies of unity in my family, depart now, in the name of Jesus.

If you are in the sin of envy/ jealousy, this is the time to repent. Tomorrow may be too late. Accept Jesus today by saying this:
Lord Jesus, I know I'm a sinner, forgive me all my sins, I accept You as my Lord and Saviour, come into my life and change my world, I say bye bye to Satan, I enter into the Kingdom of Light. Thank You Jesus, in Your name I pray, amen.

Culled from MFM Daily Devotional

Peace!

(1) (Reply)

"... Stood A Lamb As It Had Been Slain." / Promotion In God’s Kingdom |how God Promotes |experiencing Divine Promotion- Vid / Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.