Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,328 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi (1854 Views)

Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi / South-East Killings: We Are Hiding Our Faces In Shame, Says Umahi / Ebonyi Not Part Of Biafra – Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by Officialhorlah(m): 5:05pm On Apr 20, 2021
ABAKALIKI- Governor David Umahi has accused herdsmen of being possible suspects in the recent attacks on the people of Ebonyi state, saying the manner they voluntarily left Ebonyi State made them prime suspects in the attacks.

Umahi who disclosed this while briefing Journalists on the outcome of the enlarged security meeting held on Tuesday at the Old Government House,Abakaliki, said he had communicated the leadership of MyettiAllah to advice their members not to return to Ebonyi state for now, because of the tension over the recent attacks and killings on the people of the State.

Umahi, while directing the Council Chairmen to use vigilance groups in their various LGAs to enforce the State’s law on open grazing, disclosed that he had directed that any herdsman found coming into Ebonyi with AK-47 should be confronted.

On the recent attacks on Ngbo in Ohaukwu LGA, which led to killings and burning of houses, the Governor insisted that Agila people who had been having intractable land dispute with the community were responsible and not herdsmen as being speculated in some quarters.

He, however, vowed to fully fund vigilance group to protect the people against such attacks again from their neighboring Agila people.

The Governor also disclosed that the land dispute that ensued between the people of Iyionu and Ezzillo had claimed two lives, adding that he had directed for the immediate arrest and prosecution of the Councillor who he said allegedly ignited the clash.

Umahi who doubles as the Chairman of the South-East Governors’ Forum, said the Council also condemned the attacks on police facilities and killing of policemen in the region, and called on the leaders of the region to condemn the attacks and rise up against it, adding that it was a little monster that could consume the entire region if left unchecked.

He said, “on the issue of herdsmen, we want to put it on record that no herdsman is in Ebonyi state as at now. We didn’t ask them to leave. They left on their own; meaning that they were privy to the attacks on Ebonyi state. I have been talking to their national leadership to talk to them that with what is going on in various states that no state Governor has control of bandits.

And because of the killings of defenseless Ebonyi people, they have all left the state for their safety. For their safety, they should please, not return back now. There is still very high tension under the people who pretentiously speak that they are protecting our people(referring to IPOB and ESN).

“But you can see that our problem is not only the herdsmen, we are still killing ourselves. We are killing police, we are burning police facilities, which means that the South-East should know that our problem is not just herdsmen; that we are problem to ourselves and we enjoin leaders to rise up to condemn this, because it is a little monster that if encouraged, will consume all of us, beyond herdsmen menace.

“And so, we have sent messages to the leadership of MyettiAllah. Please, Ebonyi state is under tension because of these killings and we would want them to still stay out until such a time that it will be safe.

“On the open grazing, well, no need talking about that because there is no cow in Ebonyi state now, there is no herdsman in Ebonyi state now, but the position of Ebonyi state government is that we have a law on open grazing. And the natives cannot continue to blame security agencies, because security agencies cannot be everywhere.

“So, we are directing the vigilante to enforce the open grazing law of the state. At the national level, the Governors have said there should be no open grazing. We don’t expect the security agencies to be everywhere, but working with the vigilante, the local government chairmen should enforce the ban on open grazing any time the healthy herdsmen will return. We will confront any herdsman coming to Ebonyi state with QK-47. I have directed that they should confront any herdsman coming into Ebonyi state with Ak-47.

“On Ngbo, the government has not bought into the information flying in the social media that the attacks and killings in the area were done by herdsmen. I have been in touch through my Deputy with the Benue State government and they said no herdsmen were there.

“But what baffles us is that the traditional ruler of Agila to be calling our people and will give the phone to a so-called herdsman and the herdsman will be talking to our people. We have never seen such arrangement. So, we still hold the killings of Ngbo people on Agila people and we are going there today and we will make sure that they will not have such opportunity to inflict such injury on our people again.I’m going to fund fully the operations of vigilante in that axis to protect the lives of our people.

“On the Iyionu and Ezillo crisis, this land dispute has been there for a very long time. Some of these land disputes have been there for over 100 years and the CAN under the leadership of Rev Abraham Nwali has been working very hard and has got to the level of conclusion whereby the state government declared the land in dispute a buffer zone. But unfortunately, out of greed one Councillor from Ezzilo took an expatriate investor to the disputed land and that resulted to shootings and killings where two people died.

“But the Bishop of Catholic Church Abakaliki has directed Rev Fr. Abraham Nwali to step in and he has done that; he is in meetings with the leaders and they have agreed that there will be no more shooting and killing. And that they will abide by every decision the government committee which is entirely CAN is going to come up with.

“The security council today directed the immediate arrest of the Councillor and for him to be prosecuted immediately.

“We condemn totally the killings of policemen and burning of their facilities in South-East. They are not being done by herdsmen. They are done by people within the Southeast. And my directive to a policeman is that if you see anybody coming to kill you, demobilize the person, that is the rule of engagement. Police people should not fold their arms and be killed.

“The Southeast leaders should rise up to condemn this. How do we feel if the federal government because of the killings of policemen in the Southeast decides to withdraw them from the region?”

Cc Myynd44
Cc Lalasticlala

https://www.independent.ng/ebonyi-not-safe-for-herdsmen-now-says-umahi/

Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 20, 2021
I want to dedicate this potential FP to Ipob/oppressed in this Nigeria jihadist experiment

The news of UK granting asylum to Ipob cum Lai Mohamed tears is my highlight of today

Fulanis Muslim Oppressors must realize that this one nigeria cage has just been officially let loose by the founders who created it

It is an encouragement for more efforts, as usual i expect buhari to keep replying with force so the British chicken can come home to roast

8 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by Ekealterego: 5:07pm On Apr 20, 2021
So, you conveniently left out the fact that ESN have been at the forefront defending the defenceless villages in Ebonyi you left for dead in the name of politics to please your masters.

You demonise innocent citizens of Ebonyi just to please your masters and blame them for losing pregnant women and innocent children to Fulani swords.

Now, suddenly, you want to take the glory for the success achieved in dislodging the criminals from the forests.

12 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by IgweOfNnewi: 5:15pm On Apr 20, 2021
Kudos to ESN

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by jimi4us: 5:16pm On Apr 20, 2021
They are only safe in the south west. They should all migrate to the accomodators of Nigeria grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by nairalandankrah: 5:17pm On Apr 20, 2021
Fulani spy
Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by chrismastre5(m): 5:17pm On Apr 20, 2021
OK
Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by PureMe01: 5:20pm On Apr 20, 2021
No I thought u wanted to be president...you didn't know u must sacrifice your people first to prove your loyalty to them before Fulani give u presidency,ask Tinubu

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by November1857(m): 5:20pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ok
Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by RuddyFusion(m): 5:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
ESL

ESN

IPOB
Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by ContentedK: 5:25pm On Apr 20, 2021
This man is the dumbest, foolish, stupid and idiotic slave alive
Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by Tranquillity360: 5:27pm On Apr 20, 2021
jimi4us:
They are only safe in the south west. They should all migrate to the accomodators of Nigeria grin grin grin grin
You Ibos are not accommodating.

But we southwest accommodate everybody.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by goatgoat093: 5:32pm On Apr 20, 2021
Typical Umahi playing politics... I've spoken to lots of Ebonyi indigenes who were affected by the Fulani attacks, and they all confirmed in no uncertain terms that without the timely intervention of ESN and the protection they now offer them, Ebonyi state would have become another Benue or Zamfara with hundreds massacred already. Right now the so called vigilantes that were commissioned to protect each community in Ebonyi are only able to do so because ESN have done the dirty work already...anybody from Ebonyi can attest to how ESN sent scores of fulani bandits to meet their 72 imaginary virgins in HELL FIRE.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by Faber(m): 5:33pm On Apr 20, 2021
And they said ESN is audio abi? No they should return...

The fear of ESN in the East is the beginning of wisdom for all terrorists and herdsmen now.

Anything found in the bush by ESN is Bush meat

Where is Omoslim26 and his Ebube Puusu cat
grin grin

Omoslim26, IPOB and MASSOB that you call terrorists and criminals have been recognized by una Almighty UK as endengered and persecuted groups.

UK now wants IPOB in their country. When I talk am say that you are backward and dt ur head no correct you thought I was joking abi? Better go join IPOB and stop claiming Alaigbo this, Alaigbo that grin grin

How market

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by nedu666: 5:33pm On Apr 20, 2021
The dumbest gov who thinks he will be made president
By the way how many mumu southerner politician did the north promise president. Let's see
Tinubu
Osibanjo
Fayemi
Umahi
Orji kalu
Okoroacha
Obiano
Amosun
Wike
Akpabio

5 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by Nigeriabiafra82: 5:39pm On Apr 20, 2021
We won’t allow fulani bandit turn east to plateau

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by Anter: 5:39pm On Apr 20, 2021
Now they know their limits.
Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by jimi4us: 5:42pm On Apr 20, 2021
Tranquillity360:
You Ibos are not accommodating.

But we southwest accommodate everybody.

And that's exactly my point, all Fulani bandits should go to the accomodators of Africa. South West

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by Ikwerelastborn: 5:44pm On Apr 20, 2021
Nawa oo, this herdsmen are putting themselves in more trouble nationally
Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by achi4u(m): 5:46pm On Apr 20, 2021
Dave the political maradona, u try infrastructural wise but being too ambitious could lead to untimely caricature.

What I'm talking set, mmanya

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by ayzTIGER: 5:53pm On Apr 20, 2021
Any herdsman with Ak should be confronted, what a foolish!! so before you were welcoming armed herdsmen with open arms. Useless Eastern Governors, if not for ESN these idiots would have used Igbo bloods to walk up their selfish political careers
Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 20, 2021
why person go leave him own state come another state dey do open grazing of cows.

this Fulani people no well oo, na to arrest them carry Dem go psychiatris hospital to do some operation for their head. because migot full their head

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by fuckingAyaya(m): 6:34pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ass licking don tire you? idiot

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by ichidodo: 6:39pm On Apr 20, 2021
I heard there's free Asylum visa for We Ipob to the UK? Is this news really true? Or are our eyes deceiving us?
Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by Nigeriabiafra82: 6:49pm On Apr 20, 2021
four things terrorists fear more
Nnamdi Kanu
ESN
Ipob
Referendum

5 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by owobokiri(m): 6:51pm On Apr 20, 2021
If you acted on time, those that died because of these Herdsmen violence in Ebony might be alive today..
Essentially, you sacrificed their lives on the altar of political expediency..
Blood in your hands, Umeahi!

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by Akiara: 7:02pm On Apr 20, 2021
NOW THE IDIOT CALLED A GOVERNOR HAS CONFIRMED WHAT IS OBTAINABLE....ESN IS COORDINATED angry angry angry angry

WIKE HAS OPENLY CONFESSED TO HAVE VACATED GOVERNMENT HOUSE...BUT WHEN TIME COME HE MUST PAY angry angry angry

UK IS GRANTING IPOB ASYLUM....ZOMBIES MUST KPEME. angry angry angry angry angry

THE USELESS FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS LAMENTING THE DECISION OF UK GIVING ASYLUM TO IPOB MEMBERS......ZOMBIES ARE LAMENTING angry angry angry angry

WHEN I STATED FACTS FROM FICTION THAT THIS NEW IGBO YOUTHS RUGGED AND ARE FULLY DETERMINED TO SET THEMSELVES FREE FROM THIS USELESS ENTRAPMENT...ZOMBIES CALLED ME NAMES.

NOW A USELESS MAN LIKE "UMAHI" IS JUST CONFIRMING WHAT THEY SAY IN PRIVATE. angry angry angry angry

IGBO PEOPLE ..I HAIL UNA ....I AM ALREADY BIAFRAN BY ASSOCIATION....ITS GOOD TO BE A BIAFRAN

WE MOVE!!

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by VictorUSA(m): 7:07pm On Apr 20, 2021
That`s how these fulani fiful will run out of africa.They will keep running untill they run out of planet earth.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by Racoon(m): 7:20pm On Apr 20, 2021
Dave Umahi abeg enjoy one Nigeria.
Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by tribalmall: 7:23pm On Apr 20, 2021
Was your bigoted foolish Igbo father among those Tinubu sacrificed ?

PureMe01:
No I thought u wanted to be president...you didn't know u must sacrifice your people first to prove your loyalty to them before Fulani give u presidency,ask Tinubu
Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by PureMe01: 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2021
tribalmall:
Was your bigoted Igbo father mong those Tinubu sacrificed ?

show me where I mentioned Tinubu grin
U go Sabi give clue o grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Not Safe For Herdsmen Now, Says Umahi by Biafranboys: 7:43pm On Apr 20, 2021
The problem with my people is our governors, they are too weak, igbo man would never be president of zoogeria, make my word today.

After 2023 they will all support biafra, my fear is just about igbos fighting each other

We must not allow biafra turn to another south sudan

We must apply pressure on Eastern governors

I listened to uwazurike and he said without the elite we can't do anything and I disagree, if the people start like end Sars elite go run go exile

Eg oba of lagos

I don't agree with everything kanu says but I will never support a fulani

Zoogeria is gone

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians have rejected Buhari!!(graphic pics) / MURIC Asks NASS To Reverse Britain’s ‘christianization’ Of Nigeria / Arrival Of Traditional Worshippers At Lagos Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.