Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,301 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Is Salvation The Will Of God Or Man? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Salvation The Will Of God Or Man? (280 Views)

If You Lust After A Woman Or Man In Your Heart You Have Fornicated / Is Salvation For Everybody Or God Has Chosen Some To Be Saved? / Enternal Salvation :the Argument Based On Galatians 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Salvation The Will Of God Or Man? by vybzkartel: 8:43am On Apr 21, 2021
Was Apostle Paul's salvation the will of God or the will of Paul?

Scriptural references will be appreciated

Re: Is Salvation The Will Of God Or Man? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:27am On Apr 21, 2021
vybzkartel:

It is Always First The Will of God, that since Adams Great Destruction of men, "None Should Perish, whether you or Paul for God is "not willing that any should perish, but that all (you, I, Paul) should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

Which is why He Permanently Contracted with Abraham to bring salvation to All (You, I, Paul) men.

But Paul is A Lawyer and He went about Upholding "the Law" that He thought was "The Law", therefore, Atop his saving, God Further Employed him to do what he does best, which is to "Uphold, Enforce, Teach and Proclaim The True Law"!
Re: Is Salvation The Will Of God Or Man? by sonmvayina(m): 12:26pm On Apr 21, 2021
Salvation that the prophet talked about is from physical danger...because at death,the body returns to dust and the spirit back to God who gave it. The consequence of mans choice is death. God said "my spirit will not dwell for ever with man,his days shall be 120 years(maximum)...it does not need to be saved from anything. It is God's spirit,it is pure....

Why is it difficult to understand or comprehend?
Re: Is Salvation The Will Of God Or Man? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:27pm On Apr 21, 2021
It's the will of God!
Gamaliel a Pharisee trained Paul {Act 22:3} and if you meditate on Gamaliel's comment when his cohorts were planning to exterminate Jesus' disciples, you will know that Gamaliel was a good man! Act 5:34-39
Paul also has a clean conscience just like his godfather (Gamaliel) but after his graduation from Gamaliel's Rabbinical School the Pharisees employed Paul's service so that he could go from one place to another arresting the Christians based on the tradition they infused in his head! Act 22:5
This is what Jesus (who can read the thoughts in people's hearts) saw in Paul before he changed Paul's assignment from persecuting the Christians to working with them in propagating the good news that the long awaited Messiah Jews has been expecting has come in the person of Jesus of Nazareth.
The Bible revealed that it wasn't only Paul that converted from Judaism to Christianity back then, many amongst the priests also became Christians later {Act 6:7} so it's possible that Gamaliel also must have accepted Christianity later just like his colleague Nicodemus! John 3:1, 7:50-51, 19:39
So it's God's will that all sort of people whose hearts are pure should come to an accurate knowledge of the truth and be saved! 1Timothy 2:3-4

May you have PEACE! smiley

vybzkartel:

Re: Is Salvation The Will Of God Or Man? by Kobojunkiee: 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2021
sonmvayina:
Salvation that the prophet talked about is from physical danger...because at death,the body returns to dust and the spirit back to God who gave it. The consequence of mans choice is death. God said "my spirit will not dwell for ever with man,his days shall be 120 years(maximum)...it does not need to be saved from anything. It is God's spirit,it is pure....

Salvation refers to the saving from the condemnation of sin(Death) , not to be confused with sin itself. undecided

Paul was a Jewish sinner, even though he claimed to be of the Pharisee class - he was one of the walking dead. By choosing to believe in Jesus Christ, Paul was imparted with Jesus' Righteousness and Death(from Jesus's fulfillment of the Old Covenant Law of Moses), freeing Him, Paul, from every Old Covenant obligation, and granting him a new life(eternal life) in Jesus Christ, under a New Covenant. undecided
Re: Is Salvation The Will Of God Or Man? by sonmvayina(m): 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Salvation refers to the saving from the condemnation of sin(Death) , not to be confused with sin itself. undecided

Paul was a Jewish sinner, even though he claimed to be of the Pharisee class - he was one of the walking dead. By choosing to believe in Jesus Christ, Paul was imparted with Jesus' Righteousness and Death(from Jesus's fulfillment of the Old Covenant Law of Moses), freeing Him, Paul, from every Old Covenant obligation, and granting him a new life(eternal life) in Jesus Christ, under a New Covenant. undecided

You are saying something different. You did not address the points i raised in my comment.

Man is God spirit + dust of the earth.

When man experiences death. The spirit returns to God and the body to earth..

What is jesus saving? And how does paul come in.
Re: Is Salvation The Will Of God Or Man? by Kobojunkiee: 4:19pm On Apr 21, 2021
sonmvayina:

You are saying something different. You did not address the points i raised in my comment.

In the book of Genesis, when God condemned man to die for his sins, God condemned him to perish in the grave meaning when man died in his unbelief, he ceased to exist - mind, body and soul .I.e. no afterlife. undecided

Man was not created an eternal being and so he had to earn eternity some other way, hence the Laws, and Salvation through the following of them. undecided
Re: Is Salvation The Will Of God Or Man? by sonmvayina(m): 6:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
In the book of Genesis, when God condemned man to die for his sins, God condemned him to perish in the grave meaning when man died in his unbelief, he ceased to exist - mind, body and soul .I.e. no afterlife. undecided

Man was not created an eternal being and so he had to earn eternity some other way, hence the Laws, and Salvation through the following of them. undecided

I cant make heads or tails about this your comment.

You still have not answered my question.

I will repeat it again to make it clearer.
God said"let us make man in our own image, after our likeness....and God formed man from the dust of the earth and breathed into his nostrils and man became a living being"...

Ecclesiaties 12;7 body returns to dust and spirit returns to God..

What is jesus saving? The body that returns to dust or the spirit (or breath) that returns to God?

God gave humanity laws to follow, so they can have a more fulfilling experience..
Is it complicated?

Why create the jesua character?
Re: Is Salvation The Will Of God Or Man? by Kobojunkiee: 6:49pm On Apr 21, 2021
sonmvayina:

I cant make heads or tails about this your comment.
You still have not answered my question.
I will repeat it again to make it clearer.
God said"let us make man in our own image, after our likeness....and God formed man from the dust of the earth and breathed into his nostrils and man became a living being"...
Ecclesiaties 12;7 body returns to dust and spirit returns to God..
What is jesus saving? The body that returns to dust or the spirit (or breath) that returns to God?
God gave humanity laws to follow, so they can have a more fulfilling experience..
Is it complicated?
Why create the jesua character?
Try to follow the flow please...

sonmvayina:

to which I responded.....
Kobojunkiee:

Paul was a Jewish sinner, even though he claimed to be of the Pharisee class - he was one of the walking dead. By choosing to believe in Jesus Christ, Paul was imparted with Jesus' Righteousness and Death(from Jesus's fulfillment of the Old Covenant Law of Moses), freeing Him, Paul, from every Old Covenant obligation, and granting him a new life(eternal life) in Jesus Christ, under a New Covenant.
undecided
then you came back with...
sonmvayina:

and my response to that is....
Kobojunkiee:

Man was not created an eternal being and so he had to earn eternity some other way, hence the Laws, and Salvation through the following of them
. undecided
Try to keep up!

(1) (Reply)

The Reality Of Our Lives As Human Beings / Be Ye Holy- A Message To Believers / Pastor EA Adeboye Made A Statement Concerning The Death Of His Son, What He Said

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.