Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,493 members, 7,843,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? (13757 Views)

May The Gods Protect Our President Elect Who Is In UK (enemy Territory) / APC, Buhari Should Withdraw From Presidential Race - Fayose / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 4:46am On Apr 22, 2011
The hatred has been there for generations now and it would take generations for it to disappear

if ever.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by ezeagu(m): 4:49am On Apr 22, 2011
There is no unity in any south, only understanding under circumstances. . . . the north will drop war, the south west will have positioned themselves in a way they won't be affected, and the east is the naturally most hated! Guess who is and who isn't having a war?!!

People read history to learn from it! That's all.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by THEAMAKA(f): 4:55am On Apr 22, 2011
all these GREAT IDEAS on NAIRALAND and sadly, thats where they'll stay. . .[size=28pt] ON NAIRALAND[/size]
if all the time and topics we spent discussing became a reality, Nigeria would be a forced to be reckoned with by now.  tongue

Northerners and the World can live without Crude Oil, while Southerners and the World cannot live without Food. By the way, if we are going to divide Nigeria into South/North, please every Nigerian Must be allowed to choose which part he/she would like to join. As for me, I would join my Northerner brothers notwithstanding the fact that  I am a Core Niger Deltan.

DON'T WORRY! when they are ready to slaughter you in the north, and you are packing your bags to run back to the south, nobody will let you in. continue to live with them and their backwards sharia and face getting your limbs cut off for ridiculous reasons. trust me, if they do become their own country, do you think they will tolerate non-muslims[b] AT ALL[/b]?  grin  please be logical here and stop joking around.
you better find your way to the Niger Delta and become a wealthy oil tycoon. lol

Those calling for the splitting on Nigeria are just misguided,brainwashed and unpatriotic Nigerians who don't appreciate our coexistence.The south can not do without the North likewise the North.I was born in the South and i have seen many conflicts amongst the southerners they do kill too,is not a Northern thing.Until the religious bigot are stoped from preaching hatred in the Mosque and the churches there is no way we can have a lasting peace in Nigeria .
are you kidding me? says someone living in Abuja. im sure its because you have invested your whole life there that you are afraid of the possible breakup. lol

@topic, the reason why "most of" Nairaland agrees on the splitting up is because most of the nairaland/commentators are SOUTHERNERS! do you expect northerners will come here and agitate for the split up of Nigeria? they think they own Nigeria and that its their birthright. bloody malams. while all those northern politicians school their children abroad and keep their people/the masses illiterate and blind.
i weep  cry
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by THEAMAKA(f): 4:58am On Apr 22, 2011
na wa! people keep talking about the SS as if they are one ethnic group like the SE or SW. the SS is not even united sef. the SS will further divide as they will be arguing over who owns what oil. heck, the Ogoni are having issues, the Rivers and Ijaw people were (and i believe still are) having issues. so please spare me. the majority tribe will become the Ijaw and then the other ethnicities will fill like the minority and possibly oppressed.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 5:04am On Apr 22, 2011
ezeagu:

There is no unity in any south, only understanding under circumstances. . . . the north will drop war, the south west will have positioned themselves in a way they won't be affected, and the east is the naturally most hated! Guess who is and who isn't having a war?!!

People read history to learn from it! That's all.

It's that Yoruba swag.

Why is the SW being dragged into this? We were not the one boasting about GEJ.

All of you guys crying war, would you position yourself in the frontline when the time comes?
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by ektbear: 5:36am On Apr 22, 2011
^-- I'm not sure it is swag so much as lack of ability to do anything. Like, we don't control the FG. We don't control the army, air force, navy. We don't even have a state police force in Yorubaland that could be the core of an army.

So I'm not really sure how we can help. Neutrality is sort of by necessity. I think this is what Igbos don't understand about Yoruba.

I dunno why Hausa seem to immediately target Igbos when there is unrest (I'm not saying that we don't suffer casualties too, but you by far seem to bear the brunt of it.)

Give me state police, and then we can talk cool
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 5:41am On Apr 22, 2011
I was responding to what I bolded.

Why should anyone expect the Yorubas to be savior? Do we have a military occupying our land? Do we have any sort of army to control as we please?
I'm still wondering why everyone is shouting Yoruba up and down. From the begining we were quiet in all of this.

Anywaz, RIP to those whose lives we lost. But war is not the solution. Nigerian needs to make sure that in the years to come, a Northerner must not be voted in again. This violence happens every presidential election year, I dont understand why some people still wish to stay. those who had no choice, I understand.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by naijangel7(f): 6:36am On Apr 22, 2011
ok young gial.your premise is that a fracture would have as its main objective development.i am not persuaded. what i meant when i said you are youn is this ;your idealistic fervor is not matched by previous historical realities. whether rightly or wrongly [b]the igbos are viewed with mistrust by all other nigerians and there is the perception that they seek to take over if not watched closely.[/b]personally i see the same phenomena all over africa. we criticise the abokis for mob action but similar things have happened among the yoruba and igbo quite recently. mob killing of alleged manliness thief and alleged cat turning into woman.all of this highlights poor education  and that our people are very far from the point where we would allow an efik man rule for16 years even though it is clearly the best thing. i am often irritated by so many compromises that characterise our life but to live in a world of make believe is naive. i am yoruba and do business in nigeria with igbos mostly.and i know they are very clannish even to fellow igbos. that is our reality.the hausa are the same as are many yorubas too.so i agree i have the cynicism of the old and i hope your optimism triumphs

so are you not defeating your own argument that Southern nigeria is a viable option? If all the ethnic groups live in mutual mistrust and fear of other ethnic groups "taking over" and therefore everybody agitates to have their turn leading the country, what's the point of the breakaway from the north? To transfer the fear and sentiments against the Hausa to the next "oppressor"? Such a country would just be an accident waiting to happen and would be plagued by empty farcical rhetoric such as "One Nigeria" that we have today.

I totally disagree with your viewpoint. I think if such a country had a succession of focused leaders who had the goodwill of the people at heart and the standard of life of the citizenry is greatly improved, people won't even remember where such a leader comes from (or doesn't come from). The more we highlight ethnicity, the farther away we get from our objectives as a country. I think first and foremost, there should be a separation from the north, like i believe most Nigerians want. And then hopefully the south would be wiser, considering that ethnocentricism hasn't taken Nigeria very far so far. Also, people in the south are highly educated and with more education and the rate of inter-marriage now, ethnicity will be a thing of the past in such a country. The Hausas hardly ever inter-marry and they have that "infidel can never lead us" mentality, i don't think ethnicity will play as big a role as you imagine in a Southern Nigeria that works. When Marwa was gov of Lagos state, did it matter that he wasn't Yoruba? he just tried to do what's right by the people, that's all. Who the cap fits, let him wear it. If not, there should be a division into at least 4 different countries from the onset and not 2. that's the essence of a referendum or SNC.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 22, 2011
clearly you disagree with something grin grin
but what you describe i do not recall saying.my point was splitting into north/south is a false solution to a real problem.because there are grounds for even further dehiscence. i do not believe the south as presently configured can live in harmony .
if such a country had a succession of leaders ,.,.,.,.,.,etc.(ditto for almost every country in africa) why don't they
surely you don't have abokis in every one
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by EzeUche3(m): 7:41am On Apr 22, 2011
Deleted
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by nwabso: 8:24am On Apr 22, 2011
The first problem of nigeria started when north and south was merged.that was a great mistake.it is just like missing oil wit water.the northerners are baberic,backward,full of illiterates,stupid and full of bastards,these almajaries,do they know the meaning of fathers or have they seen one before? They constitute nuissance to this God blessed country with their animalistic behaviour of trying to kill because they dont kno the meaning of life.
That God sent man in President Goodluck won election and something started fighting.before did they ever think that that frustrated politician called himself Buhari will win? That kind of thought is nnama think.can a boy of two years rules the father of 50years? Impossible. GOODLUCK IS A FATHER OF 50YEARS WHILE buhari is a boy of 2years.
Have you see where Egyptians defeated Israelites. Is not possible.so muslims,learn to accept it,thats how it is and it must be like that.GOODLUCK FOR NAIJA BUHARI FOR NNAMAS.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by nwabso: 8:47am On Apr 22, 2011
EzeUche__:

I DESPISE THE NORTH.

CALL ME A TRIBALIST. I do not care what people say.

Too many young innocent Igbo and other Southerners were killed by these barbarian PIGS. They are not fit to be called humans. Just pathetic excuses for animals.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by 9jii(m): 8:49am On Apr 22, 2011
u guys exerggrate alot in here coz of ur hetred toward hausa or muslims.i dont see igbos  being kill in the north as u a sayin,u call n comfirm.THATs WHY THEY LL NOT LEAVETHE NORTH.why u choose to ruin NL
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Kenyy: 9:03am On Apr 22, 2011
@Op, Because Igbos believe in Dying with Dignity Rather Than Living as Slaves in a small enclave, AKA, SE!
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by nwabso: 9:22am On Apr 22, 2011
My brother Eze,thank you so much.you are human being.not only you I hate their characters.so barberic and savages.somebody started war because one God sent to rule Nigeria.did that slowpoke who called himself Buhari ever thought he ll win? A man ll marry 6wives but check his occupation,a colanut seller on tray ooo.you start to wonder.you ll still see that person poking other ladies and littering children everywhere.the almajaries.when they grow without nurture and life plan and no one to take their responsibilities,so fighting becomes their second life.to tell you the truth,these people, Hausa Muslims should be eradicted completely
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by kettykin: 9:54am On Apr 22, 2011
now that this scenario is beginning to play out the SE & SS should join forces together and cut the core north to size, leave the SW out of this , their unrealiability will spell doom for this effort.

for All aspiring corp members avoid bauchi like a plaque, it is better you serve in afghanistan than serve in bauchi.

now for all yorubas chickening out of this southern solidarity , we know your anticedent , i once predicted in this forum that operation totality will end up in abandoned oil wells (A.K.A abandoned property) now it is gradually playing out.
if Alassane Ouattara was a Yoruba man he would probaly be rotten away in a dungeon in abidjan. The SS & SE will do this battle without your help.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by rhymz(m): 10:36am On Apr 22, 2011
I wept when the news of corpers being killed in the North reigned in the news recently. I felt like travelling straight to the southeast, Owerri to be precise-go to the hausa settlement(Ama Hausa) there and take the lives of a dozen hausa and fulani men just to send the message that no one tribe has a monopoly on voilence- I mean, if we can't have equal disarmament then there should equl armament- I dont care what their reasons are, and nobody here should bring in the PDP here as an excuse. Most of the humans killed and properties destroyed were not PDP, these !d!ots need to be packed into a gas chamber and gas them to death, Fools!
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Desola(f): 10:44am On Apr 22, 2011
I would like an Igbo to wxplain to me why the they think the South South would ever want to collaborate with the South East.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by nwabso: 10:50am On Apr 22, 2011
What are we exagirating.you mean you didnt see these killing.the smallest common sense ll tell you they are Igbo,why the nnama,the cow the desperate politician that calls himself Buhari failed election.what a shame.if you had listened President Goodluck's speech,you ll heard when he said this fight had gone beyond political reasons.he said they have started using it to loot people's properties.thats the Igbo's. So what are you saying.A christian Northerner cannot do this,is only the Muslims.I served in the North 9jii, so I know what am saying. The character of muslims are undiscribable barbaric and uncalled for.see it with your eyes
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by nwabso: 11:10am On Apr 22, 2011
My friend Rhymz,this weaks me.I dont kno why we are always reluctant or kind hearted while these bastards ll be wasting the lives of our brothers and sister.is it not to go Amausa kill all of them so that the muslim idiots ll feel the pain.the worst part is,the way they relax and go their normal businesses while our brothers are dying there becomes something of concern.
Now what did NYSC fellows do to just be killed is what I keep asking myself.the Bible says, he who constantly kill ll still be killed by his act.the time has come.power can never go to muslim again.just watch and see.even if everything happens at America,what ll never happen over there is for a muslim to rule.a muslim ll never rule Nigeria again.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by namfav(m): 11:15am On Apr 22, 2011
EzeUche__:

I DESPISE THE NORTH.

CALL ME A TRIBALIST. I do not care what people say.

Too many young innocent Igbo and other Southerners were killed by these barbarian PIGS. They are not fit to be called humans. Just pathetic excuses for animals.

atleast you are honest enough, but in honest you are worth nothing, people like you should be driven into the atlantic and follow your ibo brothers in maryland
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by nwabso: 11:35am On Apr 22, 2011
atleast you are honest enough, but in honest you are worth nothing, people like you should be driven into the atlantic and follow your ibo brothers in maryland
[quote][/quote]
to tell you the truth,you are a bastard.the whole muslim northerners should go and die.they all deserve to die. They should be completely eradicated
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by namfav(m): 11:43am On Apr 22, 2011
nwabso:

to tell you the truth,you are a naughty person.the whole muslim northerners should go and die.they all deserve to die. They should be completely eradicated

i think you are angry because you got your a55 kicked in biafra, you are the son of a generation of failures you won't get anything out of what your cowardice desires, you are a made coward and your threats will remain threats, you are worthless and like your forebearers you will be a coward without a end product
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 22, 2011
the problem of the igbos is they see their own faults too clearly in others.
yoruba talk too much ok shut up nah
yoruba no action oya act nah(i do not mean osuofia or zebruddaya)
yoruba coward ngwanu brave now samson and david.

because of your clannishness you lack the capacity to sit down and think strategically about who your friends ought to be.all this cage rattling and ranting are rather impotent don't you think

before you start i am a big fool,stupid,idiot,goat e no dey pass dat wan plus my papa and mama.
surprise me talk de wan i never hear.

so after all the talking what are you going to do?
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by d3rdman: 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2011
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by nwabso: 12:55pm On Apr 22, 2011
i think you are angry because you got your a55 kicked in biafra, you are the son of a generation of failures you won't get anything out of what your cowardice desires, you are a made coward and your threats will remain threats, you are worthless and like your forebearers you will be a coward without a end product
[quote][/quote]
boy swear you are not Almajary.I have seen it in you.you Almajaries are animals and animals dont talk when human beings are talking.so when am finish,you animals can begin.Almajaries like you people whose lives are not nurtured are always agitating.we understand pls.violence cannot solve that problem.the only solution is,from now onwards,start seeing Igbos as you ruler.just take,I tell you the truth,power ll never come to you again.you hear
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Akan(m): 1:08pm On Apr 22, 2011
why would an Igbo man want return to the East, what is actually there for him. Chances are his brother who has been tending their small family land will probably try to kill him for fear that he may have to share it. Like someone earlier mentioned there is not enough space in Igbo land to contain all the Igbo people should they move back home. I think they will probably suffer the most most should the South split from the North
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by enomakos(m): 1:47pm On Apr 22, 2011
Akan:

why would an Igbo man want return to the East, what is actually there for him. Chances are his brother who has been tending their small family land will probably try to kill him for fear that he may have to share it. Like someone earlier mentioned there is not enough space in Igbo land to contain all the Igbo people should they move back home. I think they will probably suffer the most most should the South split from the North

why can not they move to the southwest or south south if they did not want to go back home in the east?
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by nwabso: 2:06pm On Apr 22, 2011
[quote][/quote]
boy, you are a goat. he who the carry cutlass de waka, na im no de allow person carry cutlass waka for im back. you de talk like this because, all you families don kill all themselves with jazz.as a muslim you are, they said the only surviving grace una have na with jazz. no be true?. am sorry for you.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Kenyy: 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2011
kettykin:

The SS & SE will do this battle without your help.
Please leave the Core Niger Deltans from your Suicide Mission. Besides, SE support for our Misguided Son is reciprocal only to all PDP, some APGA and AC(NOT Rochas) Candidates in all elections. We only have a Pact with the Leaders of SE and not the Masses of which you are one. Besides, come April 26, 2011, we shall carry out all that is contain in the Pact and that will be the end.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Withdraw From The Enemy Territory? by Kenyy: 2:10pm On Apr 22, 2011
Desola:

I would like an Igbo to wxplain to me why the they think the South South would ever want to collaborate with the South East.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity / Feyi Fayose Visits EKSUTH And Ikere Hospital, Pays Patients' Bills / Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.