Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? (25467 Views)

Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts / Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN / How To Treat Damaged Skin By Bleaching Creams In 60 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by haddeylium(m): 1:06am On Apr 22, 2021
Even people that failed chemistry is mixing organic products
wahala
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by Nobody: 1:18am On Apr 22, 2021
Thank God i no dey chop by this time sad
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by macdammy(m): 1:46am On Apr 22, 2021
PotatoSalad:

D guy yellow grin grin
Ooh
That
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by DrFunmisticGlow: 6:13am On Apr 22, 2021
AsherAmari:

Not really but what difference will a false ingredient list make?

Even big cosmetic companies put only the basic ingredients but leave out the actives and some shady ingredients just to deceive the public.
Though we don't do it ( shady ingredients). We use only natural ingredients and the actives are our little secrets that stand us out.
that's deceitful marketing and big companies have regulatory bodies like NAFDAC and FDA to make sure they don't deceive the public.

I would rather use something with an ingredients list than something i am not sure of the content.
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by DrFunmisticGlow: 6:14am On Apr 22, 2021
AsherAmari:

I hope you know prolonged use of BHAs is not good for the skin as it could cause excessive dryness of the skin which could lead to severe breakouts or a rebound.your could even get scarred.

Just be careful.
that's not true.
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by DrFunmisticGlow: 6:18am On Apr 22, 2021
AsherAmari:

I laugh.

I don't just want to mention them. A few big brands who's products are laced with highly potent roids.

The thing is, they don't push these toxic shady products abroad where there are strict regulations of the products by the FDA. Where they will be called out, but saturate most African markets or BSS with them because there are no regulatory bodies checkmating them. That is the reason why we have the US version of F&W and the Nigerian Version.

I'll stop here.
so, you rather join dishonest practices and not put anything at all?
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by DrFunmisticGlow: 6:19am On Apr 22, 2021
Eaglesence:

Abeg i no wan bleach o. I no wan change my color. Nwane what's your phone number biko? I need some organic creams and advice
No try am o.
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:25am On Apr 22, 2021
AsherAmari:

Not really but what difference will a false ingredient list make?

Even big cosmetic companies put only the basic ingredients but leave out the actives and some shady ingredients just to deceive the public.
Though we don't do it ( shady ingredients). We use only natural ingredients and the actives are our little secrets that stand us out.

Nahh. That's against regulations.

You need to put your ingredients list, and the correct ones.
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by Lucrativress(f): 7:05am On Apr 22, 2021
PotatoSalad:

I tried cold pressed coconut oil on my face, pimples wey i never get in decades just surfaced. Learnt that it clogs pores and hence the pimples. I only used it to massage somebody's daughter a couple of times before throwing it away cheesy. All these 'support your friends' thing.
Johnson's vaseline anyday, anytime.
I use hot pressed
About the Pimple's, mine comes like small rashes on my face,so you're right,thing is I still feel pretty safe with it and it helps me a whole lot,it helps me reduce inflammation on my skin,helps to sooth my pains and all,it just has this healing effect that though it has its bad sides,its good sides surpasses them.I know a Lady presently into organic creams,Madam is first testing every of her products on her skin,been on it for months now,when she is done,I can start buying from her,I am not expecting one crazy change,nope,I'm just expecting a nourished skin with no wahala so that is where the problem lies,people want sharp sharp change and something so so ironic and organic products sort of leave their stuff's in bit's.
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 22, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
that's deceitful marketing and big companies have regulatory bodies like NAFDAC and FDA to make sure they don't deceive the public.

I would rather use something with an ingredients list than something i am not sure of the content.

True but then again, how many of the ingredient list bear the real or complete ingredients?....

Putting an in list to me is not a big deal and doesnt really make any difference if you ask me. Except you have your own personal lab to test for safety. And mind you, not every product goes through thorough testing here in Nigeria otherwise we wont be having the issues we are having with some big brands today.
*Mouth is sealed**

So far, my clients have not complained.
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by PotatoSalad(m): 7:28am On Apr 22, 2021
Lucrativress:

I use hot pressed
About the Pimple's, mine comes like small rashes on my face,so you're right,thing is I still feel pretty safe with it and it helps me a whole lot,it helps me reduce inflammation on my skin,helps to sooth my pains and all,it just has this healing effect that though it has its bad sides,its good sides surpasses them.I know a Lady presently into organic creams,Madam is first testing every of her products on her skin,been on it for months now,when she is done,I can start buying from her,I am not expecting one crazy change,nope,I'm just expecting a nourished skin with no wahala so that is where the problem lies,people want sharp sharp change and something so so ironic and organic products sort of leave their stuff's in bit's.
Nice.
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 22, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Nahh. That's against regulations.

You need to put your ingredients list, and the correct ones.

Yeah it is against it and I don't have a problem putting it out. All I'm saying is putting it doesn't mean it's the real deal or make it 100% safe. ( For those who add shady ingredients though)
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 22, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
No try am o.

You see?

Why would you discourage someone from coming to me? That's evil of you. And that was why I told you I don't put my ingredient list on my product cos i know you would wanna start asking me about some secrets to go and add to your own formulations cos I see that you too just finished doing online skincare training and have been parading yourself as funglow or whatever you call yourself.

Or you think I don't know it was last year you did your training?

You never cease to amaze me. You better change because this won't take you anywhere.

Just imagine... Huh..

2 Likes

Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 22, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
so, you rather join dishonest practices and not put anything at all?

See her. Trying so desperately to make me drop ingredients list for her. You think I didn't get what you're on about?

Let me tell you what you don't know, before you ever thought of going for your online cut and paste training to earn you the "glow" to your name, I've been into this biz..in fact, I own an academy with well over 1k past students who have their own brands and are doing well today by the grace of God. 2010 to now is not a joke. Where were you by then? Prolly still fighting to make waec.

I don't force people to patronize me. It's up to them if they want to but I won't have you go about discouraging anyone from coming to me just to push your own products. You don't need to talk anyone down to get up there. It doesn't work that way.

Face your lane and go back and ask your madam who trained you to give you a comprehensive ingredirent list and effective formula instead of coming here and using style to ask for ingredient list to boost your products.

I don't like to get upset. Don't ever try that rubbish with me again. You heard??!!!
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 22, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
that's not true.

For Your info, let me help your madam teach you what she refused to teach you about BHAs.

They are strictly for treatment and not everyday use because it's an acid thats promotes quick cell turnover and can make your skin supcetible to the sun's UV Rays over time Which could cause skin irritation, excessive tanning and burns no matter the the %.

So don't go about recommending BHAs for everyday use.

Nuf said.
. Good day!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by tchidi066(f): 8:23am On Apr 22, 2021
Lol, i love skincare and if i were to go back to school, i would have studied cosmetology, those bleaching creams, there is nothing organic about them, those are promixing, when you bring two or more toxic, hydroquinone and mercury and steroid filled products together, those things pull out the outer layer of the skin getting it thinned out, and may God help you , you don't get burn by accident, the aftermath is gonna be devastating, as for me, black soap remain my favourite soap in the world, i use it everyday, no side effects, no irritation, i also mix it with turmeric, honey and milk, do result is amazing. There are natural bleachers, but they take time to work, no wonder people who don't have patience go for oshaprapra products, they end up buying their own trouble

1 Like

Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 22, 2021
haddeylium:
Even people that failed chemistry is mixing organic products
wahala

Lol... Ki bia gba mu oku... lol.. zic aloma.
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 22, 2021
mekuxiani:
Eluaki n shear butter period

Shea butter will tan you. It's fats and when the sun heats it on your skin, you fry. That is not to say it's not good but the way you use it is what matters. Great for the hair though.

2 Likes

Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by Annwrites: 8:36am On Apr 22, 2021
This conversation is long overdue.

These products were popularized by a high demand from Nigerians looking to bleach their skin. Other Nigerians uninterested started buying organic products but these bleaching skincare gurus started selling their products as organic too.

Making matters worse, they promise instant result for a product they call organic. This should be the first red flag. Organic products don't give instant result, rather it takes months to begin enjoying the benefits of organic products.

All of these can be avoided if Nigerian buy only from trusted brands, learn to make their own skincare product, learn to read labels and stop buying from brands who do not divulge their ingredients.

This is the reason, I started making my own body cream and black soap as I woukdn't like to damage my skin. Today, I am not only enjoying the benefits, but also sell them.

Branded LATOYA'S SECRET, I sell both my homemade black soap and body butter. They are both labelled as well. Apart from the local black soap I use, other ingriendient in the soap can be eaten. This includes honey, oats, tumeric, coconut oil. If my stomach will happy with these when eaten, how much more my stomach.

1 Like

Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by Annwrites: 8:39am On Apr 22, 2021
meobizy:
Na them know. I buy my Dudu Osun for 100 naira and my skin glows like dark wood. When you travel out and see the many advantages you possess over Caucasians, nobody will tell you not to appreciate your natural features. Dudu Osun soap plus Cocoa Butter lotion and I’m good to go.

Before I started making my own skincare products, I tried using Dudu Osun. Omo, it made my skin super dry that I began breaking out so badly. I stopped it.

Cocoa butter is very good though.
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 22, 2021
Auraby:
I have wasted so much money going for training in the name of organic cream in the past. Without adding yeye chemicals to whatever ingredients you're using, it will not work. There is nothing like organic cream or soap. They are all glorified bleaching cream. Why I really went for those training was when I paid 36k for a set of organic cream with the mind of having a glow skin, but it turned out to be a scam, it did not work.

Lol... SMH...

I formulate pure organic products with only botanical extracts and ingredients and that is what I use and it makes me a few shades lighter than my normal skin color.

I wonder what they teach you guys that you come out having no results until you add chemicals.
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by NoToPile: 8:45am On Apr 22, 2021
I thought organic means natural not chemicalized.

I just remembered that My self and my friend made black soap for ourselves years back.
blacksoap, eyin aro ( the liquid at the bottom of the pot after making the local black soap), local fowl egg grin, ( they said its the local egg that will work) honey, and I think osun( camwood) and maybe lemon.

It worked for pimples and smooth skin.

There are natural products that clear spots, Lemon does this, but because its natural it works gradually.

Our sharp sharp people will add harsh chemicals to so called organic products and the bleaching begins.

1 Like

Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:50am On Apr 22, 2021
AsherAmari:

For Your info, let me help your madam teach you what she refused to teach you about BHAs.

They are strictly for treatment and not everyday use because it's an acid thats promotes quick cell turnover and can make your skin supcetible to the sun's UV Rays over time Which could cause skin irritation, excessive tanning and burns no matter the the %.

So don't go about recommending BHAs for everyday use.

Nuf said.
. Good day!
I didn't go about recommending BHA for everyday use. I wonder if this is how you treat your customers.

Reply me when you have gained insight on how to put your point across in a civilized manner
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:52am On Apr 22, 2021
AsherAmari:

See her. Trying so desperately to make me drop ingredients list for her. You think I didn't get what you're on about?

Let me tell you what you don't know, before you ever thought of going for your online cut and paste training to earn you the "glow" to your name, I've been into this biz..in fact, I own an academy with well over 1k past students who have their own brands and are doing well today by the grace of God. 2010 to now is not a joke. Where were you by then? Prolly still fighting to make waec.

I don't force people to patronize me. It's up to them if they want to but I won't have you go about discouraging anyone from coming to me just to push your own products. You don't need to talk anyone down to get up there. It doesn't work that way.

Face your lane and go back and ask your madam who trained you to give you a comprehensive ingredirent list and effective formula instead of coming here and using style to ask for ingredient list to boost your products.

I don't like to get upset. Don't ever try that rubbish with me again. You heard??!!!

it seems that you are getting upset. Are you that afraid of someone challenging your so called knowledge?
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:52am On Apr 22, 2021
AsherAmari:

Lol... SMH...

I formulate pure organic products with only botanical extracts and ingredients and that is what I use and it makes me a few shades lighter than my normal skin color.

I wonder what they teach you guys that you come out having no results until you add chemicals.
Hmmm
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by ErnieSmallzz(f): 8:53am On Apr 22, 2021
Hi guys, I am thinking of using jenysglow pimples set on ig, but with this topic now I am scared :- anyone here have used her products before? Please help me
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 22, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
it seems that you are getting upset. Are you that afraid of someone challenging your so called knowledge?

Don't try to twist it on me dear. Im not afraid of being challenged in anyways because I'm equal to the task You know why I'm upset and any normal human being would be if you did that to them.

What do you mean by "no try am o" do you know that tiny statement carries a huge unspoken meaning?

Have i had a deal that went wrong with you before to warrant such statement?

Well, she PMd and I replied her but she didn't get back again maybe affter seeing your evil advice, she retreated. Thanks to you.
I guess you're happy now. Mission accomplished.

Learn to bridle your tongue.

1 Like

Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 22, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
I didn't go about recommending BHA for everyday use. I wonder if this is how you treat your customers.

Reply me when you have gained insight on how to put your point across in a civilized manner

Of course you did. I advised someone who said he prefers the "harsh" SA because of his acne prone skin and I was trying to advise him against using it everyday or for a prolonged period to avoid skin irritation, you came and countered me saying, that's not true.

Just forget! Abeg. I'm not here to persuade anyone to patronize me because the real deal is very expensive now and I cant shout.

So you can have them all pm you. Na today?
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by okrikaboi: 9:24am On Apr 22, 2021
Rub ori shea butter
Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by cococandy(f): 9:25am On Apr 22, 2021
This is one of the causes. Men equate light skin to beauty. So women go for that.
They will be on this thread yarning opata but give them an option to choose between light and dark skin lady and see what they do.

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

Leetika:
It is the fact that Africans hate their skin colour . I can tell for a fact that Africans are even more racist than others . Na just condition dey make an look like say we ain’t racist. Imagine a fellow black man calling my black dirty black just because I am darker than him. And the said guy was even bleaching.

Like it’s crazy.. most hate their skin colour deeply whenever they look at the mirror they see monkey . White supremacy at it’s finest. Emancipate your selves from mental slavery

I was in a room in clubhouse and fellow african men opened a room to talk about and downgrade blackwomen, saying darkskinned women are ugly and shouldn’t have standards for men. These fellow black men were ranting how they love white girls and light skinned girls, imagine the stupidity of such.

1 Like

Re: Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 22, 2021
airsaylongcome:
Bleaching factory! All those "skin like milk" are selling very toxic products containing Hydroquinone or Gluthathione. Skin bleaching products banned iin the western world

What makes Gluta toxic.? Glutathione that is produced in the body, toxic? Na wa o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) / Coronavirus: Quarantined Chinese In Lagos Airport Free Of Deadly Virus / Top 5 Dental Health Mistakes You Should Stop Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.