Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,344 members, 7,811,993 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

The Travails Of Junior Developers - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Travails Of Junior Developers (9121 Views)

Comprehensive Research Of Junior Jobs Across The World Within The Last 2 Months / For Developers Especially Beginners And Junior Developers. / Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by Karleb(m): 6:11pm On Apr 22, 2021
30naira:

LOL, compared to PhP, it is. I learnt Python before PhP, the difference was clear

I've not written a lot of python but I learnt it after learning PHP and Javascript and it's not so different from these two languages.

Granted, PHP is like the odd one out majorly because it has dollars, semicolon and lesser data structures.

Of course you love python, it's your favorite language but it's not easier than PHP or Javascript.
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by islamics(m): 6:12pm On Apr 22, 2021
qtguru:

Don't take this personal but I will advice you spend time in Android learning Fancy UI/UX and Custom Controls for Good Android UI, if you show client that work, chances are you will not find the jobs you are looking for. Go to Youtube and look for Custom UI Android tutorials. All the best
Would you mind to look thru this? Abeg. Though they are my old pet project. Trying to figure out some stuff ne
github.com.ibnahmadbello.number-facts
github.com.ibnahmadbello.Health-Calculator
github.com.ibnahmadbello.MovieGalleriaPart-2

Can this qualify as portfolio?
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by 2mNaira: 6:46pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hmn
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by qtguru(m): 8:35pm On Apr 22, 2021
islamics:

Would you mind to look thru this? Abeg. Though they are my old pet project. Trying to figure out some stuff ne
github.com.ibnahmadbello.number-facts
github.com.ibnahmadbello.Health-Calculator
github.com.ibnahmadbello.MovieGalleriaPart-2

Can this qualify as portfolio?

Tes but in the demo folder do not use gif, it takes too long to download because it shows animation one is 10.3mb and the other in the galleria project is 62mb, just take snapshot of the app of each page. Because unless I build your Android App I won't know what the image looks like and a detailed readme works. I used to have screenshot but I mistakenly deleted my github and restored it and lost alot of images. They help, you don't have a proper readme, remember no one has time to go through code to understand what was built. but good work, you have a lot of projects though , take advantage of aesthetics
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 22, 2021
Try and rework the contact form with CSS, it's too transparent.

Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 22, 2021
qtguru:

Don't take this personal but I will advice you spend time in Android learning Fancy UI/UX and Custom Controls for Good Android UI, if you show client that work, chances are you will not find the jobs you are looking for. Go to Youtube and look for Custom UI Android tutorials. All the best

Which domain name and web hosting provider do you make use of?

Or just recommend a very good one that has the whole package.
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by qtguru(m): 9:07pm On Apr 22, 2021
Nana264:

Which domain name and web hosting provider do you make use of?

Or just recommend a very good one that has the whole package.

For simplle php stuff like my website and all I use whogohost

For other applications, I prefer to use upCloud, they just give me an empty linux instance and I setup everything and also Digital Ocean too, they are not bad either.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by Gbsks: 7:41am On Apr 23, 2021
FiverrTutor:

Oga why not switch to data science instead. I know the kind of jobs I have gotten which I couldn't take due to my location and other stuff. I started as a web developer but later switched to data analysis.
can you explain more on this ?. I thought data science jobs was limited to degree holders in maths, statistics or computer science
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 23, 2021
qtguru:

For simplle php stuff like my website and all I use whogohost

For other applications, I prefer to use upCloud, they just give me an empty linux instance and I setup everything and also Digital Ocean too, they are not bad either.

OK

Do you make use of drag and drop WordPress for building websites?
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by qtguru(m): 11:13am On Apr 23, 2021
Nana264:

OK

Do you make use of drag and drop WordPress for building websites?

No I don't build WordPress website, only development of Plugin and anything to extend WordPress. I prefer to use Processwire for building php websites. They support more PHP features than WordPress
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by All4good: 12:21pm On Apr 23, 2021
qtguru:
@tensazangetsu20 @karleb

Let's do a weekly meeting I feel this will help out. I get busy but I want to make time for this.

Boss abeg where is this weekly meeting.

Add me ( details below) up eshee
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by All4good: 12:27pm On Apr 23, 2021
Gbsks:
can you explain more on this ?. I thought data science jobs was limited to degree holders in maths, statistics or computer science

Not at all.
But its recommended you have a strong background in Statistics ( not referring to Degree)
However you need to be good in some programming languages to excel. Query language ( mongodb, mysql) others like R, Python, Excel are needed.
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by qtguru(m): 12:36pm On Apr 23, 2021
All4good:

Boss abeg where is this weekly meeting.

Add me ( details below) up eshee

I need at least another person to talk on something I cannot talk for 1 hr. 30mins / 30mins
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by Karleb(m): 3:08pm On Apr 23, 2021
qtguru:

No I don't build WordPress website, only development of Plugin and anything to extend WordPress. I prefer to use Processwire for building php websites. They support more PHP features than WordPress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Q_JFljaF0

I saw this video on how to go about Twitter space.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by Sprumbaba: 3:26pm On Apr 23, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Honestly that depends on your job hunting skills, the portfolios you have et al. I got my first WordPress role the week I started learning PHP but I am a ferocious job hunter.

Don't tell anyone the secret about WordPress. My team average over 100M a year just on WordPress alone.
We always go for popular tech e.g AWS, WordPress. Who React help? I only use it for our own SASS.

Also, I plan to recruit an army of Front developers for only Html, CSS & Javascript. We will port the design into WordPress ourselves. Will provide the PSD templates.

2 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:28pm On Apr 23, 2021
Sprumbaba:

Don't tell anyone the secret about WordPress. My team average over 100M a year just on WordPress alone.
We always go for popular tech e.g AWS, WordPress. Who React help? I only use it for our own SASS.

Also, I plan to recruit an army of Front developers for only Html, CSS & Javascript. We will port the design into WordPress ourselves. Will provide the PSD templates.
Wordpress is really powerful I don't get the hate. I earn very well as a WordPress developer.

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by Sprumbaba: 3:38pm On Apr 23, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Wordpress is really powerful I don't get the hate. I earn very well as a WordPress developer.

I am not looking back. I learn Laravel a bit but the job is limited. I have been doing WordPress for over 10 years now. Keep up the good work.
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by qtguru(m): 3:40pm On Apr 23, 2021
Karleb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Q_JFljaF0

I saw this video on how to go about Twitter space.

I will stick to Google meet, but we can prepare topics for next week so we can discuss. What should be the topic ?
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by Karleb(m): 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2021
qtguru:

I will stick to Google meet, but we can prepare topics for next week so we can discuss. What should be the topic ?

Alright. Just fill out the form. Most people already have Twitter app, Twitter space would be much cooler than downloading an extra app.

I think the topic should center around "The Travails of Nigerian Developers".

@nowpresence

Next week is great. Create a thread on it and few hours before the set time so others would join.
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by qtguru(m): 4:04pm On Apr 23, 2021
Karleb:

Alright. Just fill out the form. Most people already have Twitter app, Twitter space would be much cooler than downloading an extra app.

I think the topic should center around "The Travails of Nigerian Developers".

@nowpresence

Next week is great. Create a thread on it and few hours before the set time so others would join.

Sorry i forgot to add that Twitter Space is not on my app
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by Karleb(m): 4:08pm On Apr 23, 2021
qtguru:

Sorry i forgot to add that Twitter Space is not on my app

Go through the YouTube video.

Twitter users have to fill a form to get approved to create Twitter spaces. It takes upto a week according to what I've watched. cheesy

For now, the meeting would be on Google meet. I just checked the app and it's cool.

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by Drella(m): 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2021
qtguru:

I support Google meet too.
Not some twitter space or what have they.When is the meeting?
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by nowpresence(f): 8:14pm On Apr 23, 2021
Sprumbaba:

please I am interested.
I am familiar with front end languages
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by nowpresence(f): 8:18pm On Apr 23, 2021
Karleb:

Go through the YouTube video.

Twitter users have to fill a form to get approved to create Twitter spaces. It takes upto a week according to what I've watched. cheesy

For now, the meeting would be on Google meet. I just checked the app and it's cool.
I have google meet already
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by islamics(m): 8:52pm On Apr 23, 2021
qtguru:

Tes but in the demo folder do not use gif, it takes too long to download because it shows animation one is 10.3mb and the other in the galleria project is 62mb, just take snapshot of the app of each page. Because unless I build your Android App I won't know what the image looks like and a detailed readme works. I used to have screenshot but I mistakenly deleted my github and restored it and lost alot of images. They help, you don't have a proper readme, remember no one has time to go through code to understand what was built. but good work, you have a lot of projects though , take advantage of aesthetics

Thanks for the review. For the much project, some are contribution to open source and I needed to fork them.
I will work on your suggestions.
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by Sprumbaba: 1:32pm On Apr 24, 2021
nowpresence:

please I am interested.
I am familiar with front end languages

send me an email patientcorrect@gmail.com
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by All4good: 10:08pm On Apr 24, 2021
qtguru:

I need at least another person to talk on something I cannot talk for 1 hr. 30mins / 30mins
Sure that's understood.
God bless you.
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by Abcruz(m): 12:14am On Apr 25, 2021
Sprumbaba:

I am also interested.. I'm good good with frontend. Pls kindly check your mail.
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by nowpresence(f): 9:30am On Apr 26, 2021
Sprumbaba:

sent
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by logadims: 10:36am On Apr 26, 2021
Do you have mateials?
FiverrTutor:

Oga why not switch to data science instead. I know the kind of jobs I have gotten which I couldn't take due to my location and other stuff. I started as a web developer but later switched to data analysis.
Re: The Travails Of Junior Developers by Zino1011(m): 10:10pm On Apr 27, 2021
All4good:

Not at all.
But its recommended you have a strong background in Statistics ( not referring to Degree)
However you need to be good in some programming languages to excel. Query language ( mongodb, mysql) others like R, Python, Excel are needed.
do you know anyone who is good in R programming? It’s very urgent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ccna Certification / How Much It Cost To Build An App Like Uber Or Spotify / Lets Learn C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.