Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive (785 Views)

2023: Stop Planting Seed Of Hate Among Igbos And Yorubas - Ohaneze To Tinubu / FFK Dumps Yoruba Nation, IPOB, Says "I'm Committed To The Unity Of Nigeria" / Killings: FFK Reveals The Killers' Objective, Calls For Unity Among Tribes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by goatgoat093: 11:39am On Apr 22, 2021
Aside from few "politically correct" efulelefu's here and there who are in a negligible minority anyway, the vast majority of Igbos home and abroad even the elites are massively uniting subtly or aggressively along the Igbo bu ofu mindset. And to be honest the recent nationalism has been amplified by IPOB... lately lots of Igbos who were sitting on the fence about the whole IPOB/ESN drama are now openly speaking up in defence of the agitations. I've been observing even on Twitter how Igbos quickly band together and fight back other persons or groups of different ethnic backgrounds when they shade or throw their vitriol at Ndigbo, Biafra, ESN etc. This wasn't the situation few years ago when Igbos unlike the Yorubas and Northerners were really savvy about these ethic media wars and banters, so it was relatively easy for Yoruba or other ethnic warriors to gang up on few Igbos with no heavy backlash... now dem never born anybody to attack Igbos on social media cause if you talk 2 we will talk 20 and give you a bloody hiding.

This shift in the sociopolitical mindset of the Igbos is very tangential especially in the face of current reality facing Nigeria today which is the serious ethno-religious division plaguing the already fragile unity of Nigeria... everybody is now defending his own tribe as the polity keeps hitting up... Now every ethnic group is damning every principle of moral standard and ethics to unapologetically protect its own "terrorist" as we've seen with Yorubas defending Sunday Igboho who has reignited yoruba nationalism with clamors for Oduduwa Republic, Igbos with Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and ESN, and most recently Northerners with Pantami... surely the signs are not looking good and one can only wonder at this point what the future holds for Nigeria with 2023 elections approaching? I'm glad Igbos are massively funding and supporting ESN and IPOB especially now that the UK, ambazonia etc are posturing diplomatic overtures to the Biafran struggle, I'm more than confident that the East will be most prepared if war breaks out in Nigeria (God forbid), we will surely not be taken unawares cause the sensitization is at its highest peak.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by sweetonugbu: 11:41am On Apr 22, 2021
Buhari

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by melodyogonna(m): 11:51am On Apr 22, 2021
I opened a thread sighting similar observations a month ago. The whole thing dey give me joy

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by lastmessenger: 11:57am On Apr 22, 2021
Igbos are united people. Only fools think otherwise.
May Biafra come

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 22, 2021
Sai mama

2 Likes

Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 22, 2021
when all is said and done, every igbo is a biafran. NDI IGBO ......KWENU

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by Akiara: 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2021
WHEN A TSUNAMI GATHERS MOMENTUM EVERYTHING IN ITS PATH IS "TOAST"

WHEN WE TELL THE "ZOMBIES" THAT AN IDEOLOGY LIKE BIAFRA ...HAS BEEN "SIMMERING HOT" FOR YEARS THEY CALLED US NAMES.

THE FOOD IS READY AND

LYING MUMUMMED

GARBAGE SHECOW

YERIMA OF AREWA

ETC ETC ...

ARE NOW YARNING DUST. angry angry angry angry angry angry

BIAFRA IN MY BLOOD ALREADY ....ALL THEY CAN DO IS TO YARN DUST angry angry angry angry angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by Tranquillity360: 12:24pm On Apr 22, 2021
eduj:
when all is said and done, every igbo is a biafran.
NDI IGBO ......KWENU
Whether he like it or not,yorubas and hausafulanis sees him as Biafra Boy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by Princesaha: 12:58pm On Apr 22, 2021
To be candid as a Futa Jalon terrorist, this news is not good for my health.

7 Likes

Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by Princewill1(m): 1:00pm On Apr 22, 2021
Pre-2015 before the coming of Buhari, Igbo Frontline was disorganized. But not any more.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by igbozionism(m): 1:10pm On Apr 22, 2021
this thread makes me sick. was there anytime that igbos was disunited? igbos has always been United from to time immemorial

2 Likes

Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by limeta(f): 1:12pm On Apr 22, 2021
with Esn every body got won over even south south.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by ScamHunter: 1:32pm On Apr 22, 2021
Igbo have always been independent but loosely bound clans since time immemorial. Only one thing brings Igbo together as one - war. Nothing unites Igbo like the threat of war. We may even tolerate your injustice, but killing our people is an act of war that must be resisted in unity as one man. Every bonafide Igbo son and daughter is in support of IPOB and ESN. The Efulefus are mainly people whose mothers were raped by Fulani during the last war. We shall not allow that to happen again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by Idiko1: 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2021
igbozionism:
this thread makes me sick. was there anytime that igbos was disunited? igbos has always been United from to time immemorial

The OP subtly teased the miscreants who often say they were from Bini.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by Rugaria: 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2021
Buharis taunts, talk-downs, the put-downs, the marginalisations, humiliations.., they all woke up the igbo man's spirit..
The way some elements in the South West ganged up with the propaganda machinery of the government to blame Igbos for the sars looting, even when igbo businesses bore the bigger brunt for the carnage, helped convince those on the fence..
He made a mistake to think that a proud culture will accept eternal humiliation..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by Idiko1: 1:47pm On Apr 22, 2021
ScamHunter:
Igbo have always been independent but loosely bound clans since time immemorial. Only one thing brings Igbo together as one - war. Nothing unites Igbo like the threat of war. We may even tolerate your injustice, but killing our people is an act of war that must be resisted in unity as one man. Every bonafide Igbo son and daughter is in support of IPOB and ESN. The Efulefus are mainly people whose mothers were raped by Fulani during the last war. We shall not allow that to happen again.

You could not be more correct with above post. Ndigbo will let a tyrant tread on them for other people to see in case of the reaction from Igbo. The Nigerian and Fulani army has been killing Igbo youths for no provocation other than peaceful agitation for independent homeland. I knew a day will come when the murder of Igbo youth will be one too many. I totally support the removal of extortion units on the roads in southeast. Next shall be the actual course meal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by saaron(m): 1:50pm On Apr 22, 2021
I'm a true born indigenous Middle Belter and I stand with Southern Nigerians (Igbos and Yorubas inclusive).

Long live Freedom fighters!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 22, 2021
Not just igbos

Someone like me i am Edo (Esan) and i support Igbo, ESN, Ipob whatever

This is the only hope to dissolve this country, and while at it this is the only thing that makes this fulani government fear

Ruga abi livestock comes to mind

Fulani terrorists Herdsmen have also hit the rock considering the plan they came with before

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by Nigeriabiafra82: 1:51pm On Apr 22, 2021
Am here waiting the day we will officially declare biafra

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 22, 2021
saaron:
I'm a true born indigenous Middle Belter and I stand with Southern Nigerians (Igbos and Yorubas inclusive).

Long live Freedom fighters!
Yes o, we are stronger together

No loophole for Fulani terrorists to subjugate our ancestral lands

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by plaindealer: 1:53pm On Apr 22, 2021
lol @ united terrorists..

Koburu...

grin grin
Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 22, 2021
plaindealer:
lol @ united terrorists..
Koburu...

grin grin
Abdul, it's ok to cry

We need your tears to wet this ground

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by plaindealer: 2:01pm On Apr 22, 2021
Mikehot:
Abdul, it's ok to cry

We need your tears to wet this ground

Abdul ipob, stay united, it's what terrorists do. It's ok..

grin grin
Re: The Unity Among Igbos Lately Has Been Impressive by Biafranboys: 3:45pm On Apr 22, 2021
This shift in the sociopolitical mindset of the Igbos is very tangential especially in the face of current reality facing Nigeria today which is the serious ethno-religious division plaguing the already fragile unity of Nigeria... everybody is now defending his own tribe as the polity keeps hitting up... Now every ethnic group is damning every principle of moral standard and ethics to unapologetically protect its own "terrorist" as we've seen with Yorubas defending Sunday Igboho who has reignited yoruba nationalism with clamors for Oduduwa Republic, Igbos with Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and ESN, and most recently Northerners with Pantami... surely the signs are not looking good and one can only wonder at this point what the future holds for Nigeria with 2023 elections approaching? I'm glad Igbos are massively funding and supporting ESN and IPOB especially now that the UK, ambazonia etc are posturing diplomatic overtures to the Biafran struggle, I'm more than confident that the East will be most prepared if war breaks out in Nigeria (God forbid), we will surely not be taken unawares cause the sensitization is at its highest peak. [/quote]

You are correct I used to believe zoogeria can change because so many igbos like me that was born in lagos and have investments in lagos are always scared of zoogeria breaking up but I say to you my fellow lagos igbos, biafra does not mean yorubas will take over your business.

Yorubas are not like fulanis and they would abide by international law,

We must all support biafra even if we all don't agree with kanu, any igbo man supporting the fulanis directly or indirectly have committed a treasonable offence

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Commander Marries Daughter Of Fulani Herdsmen In Sambisa Forest – VID / Don’t Drag Pope Into Your Biafran Struggle, Cardinal Arinze Tells Agitators / If East Tries To Go, We Will Create Calabar, Ogoja, Rivers States - Gowon 1967

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.