Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. (10101 Views)

7 Confirmed Dead In Suicide Attacks In Bama IDP Camp / 4 Unarmed #IPOB Confirmed Dead. / 9 Chadian Soldiers Confirmed Dead After Fight With Boko Haram In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by 190: 8:23pm On Apr 22, 2011
Imagine if that said BU-HARAKIRI Had won the elections

Nigeria would have been finished, this is a call-out,

if you have any relative serving in the north, call them back home

to hell with NYSC
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by oluagness(m): 8:31pm On Apr 22, 2011
RIP. How can we be living like this. It was one useless oyibo(Lugard) that forced us together. We were never one and we can't be. Let north and south be separated.
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by Thatdave(m): 8:34pm On Apr 22, 2011
we rigged d election 4 GEJ in my state too /though without his permision/ bt when one of d coppers refused we didnt hurt even his hair. we put a stop to it.
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by naijangel7(f): 8:37pm On Apr 22, 2011
Thatdave:

we rigged d election 4 GEJ in my state too /though without his permision/ bt when one of d coppers refused we didnt hurt even his hair. we put a stop to it.

May your life be rigged forever.
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by Wislet(f): 8:46pm On Apr 22, 2011
naijangel7:

Obviously a BB supporter. Is dis de kind of Nigeria u would have loved?
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by Kpimp: 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2011
May his soul rest in peace.Bleep all northerners, they are so cruel.
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by naijangel7(f): 8:55pm On Apr 22, 2011
Wislet:

Obviously a BB supporter. Is dis de kind of Nigeria u would have loved?

Only fools speak without knowing what they are talking about. I have never been a BB supporter and never will be. You can go through my posts and read my thoughts and predictions about BB and his supporters. So if i'm against any form of rigging, i have to be pro-BB? So the kind of Nigeria YOU love is one where people are proud to say they rigged? Anuofia, anumanu. May your own life also be plagued by rigging forever.
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by seedord247(m): 9:26pm On Apr 22, 2011
naijangel7:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by mamagee3(f): 9:34pm On Apr 22, 2011
naijangel7:

*Death*

Btw, May the soul of Ukeoma rest in perfect peace!
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by calabaman(m): 9:43pm On Apr 22, 2011
May his soul rest in peace. As a servin corper in nasarawa state that would be taking part in the final election on tuesday, i ask you all to pray for not just me but all the corpers serving in hot spots in nigeria that we would come out unharmed after tuesday's exercise,
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by prodam(m): 10:08pm On Apr 22, 2011
i will first of all say RIPP to the corper,
and to every other coppers who served the nation under tension and threat, I say Kudos to you, (May u reach the peak of your career)

for fellow NLs arguing on rigging or no rigging, north or south, can you change the will of God?, are you saying the almighty Creator and designer of the universe was not aware of what happened at the last election?, He is in control, we can only try but can not implement, only Him has the final say. , at this point, we need way forward in Nigeria

i am a proud BB supporter but i have accepted the results in good fate and hope Nigeria would be truly "transformed", since we all want change, then lets talk positive
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by xandy84: 10:36pm On Apr 22, 2011
And the killing? will you have accepted the killing if it were your family that was killed? wish i have a gun the you can image what i would have love to do

prodam:

i will first of all say RIPP to the corper,
and to every other coppers who served the nation under tension and threat, I say Kudos to you, (May u reach the peak of your career)

for fellow NLs arguing on rigging or no rigging, north or south, can you change the will of God?, are you saying the almighty Creator and designer of the universe was not aware of what happened at the last election?, He is in control, we can only try but can not implement, only Him has the final say. , at this point, we need way forward in Nigeria

i am a proud BB supporter but i have accepted the results in good fate and hope Nigeria would be truly "transformed", since we all want change, then lets talk positive
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 22, 2011
NYSC has outlived its usefulness (if it ever had any). Nigeria cannot affrod the waste and needless drain of resources hence it is now always underfunded and corpers cannot be adequately cared for. It constitutesis a disruption in the natural life and evolution of the graduates and their families. The host communities suffer as well from the disruptive and the distracting effect that deter them from pursing long term stable solutions for the services provide by corp members.

This program was conceived in the heady days of the oil boom. Policy makers had limited vision on how to deploy the new found 'wealth' for the nation's progress. Gowon famously said Nigeria's problem was how to spend the revenue it had. All sorts of white elephants showed up. FESTAC, All African Games and of course a scheme to "unify' Nigeria. Then there were only 4 universities and so the impact was limited. With today's number of graduates it now amounts to a major disruption. NYSC is an expensive and on affordable indulgence. SCRAP IT NOW.
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by prodam(m): 10:50pm On Apr 22, 2011
xandy84:

And the killing? will you have accepted the killing if it were your family that was killed? wish i have a gun the you can image what i would have love to do

that was an unintelligent comment or reaction to what I have posted,
I am humane and considerate and as a matter of fact i am championing a movement against the killings using my group of integrity individuals

I SUBMIT in the true spirit of patriotism
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by manugbo(m): 11:34pm On Apr 22, 2011
LET THERE BE PEACEFUL DIVISION PLS
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by Virtueways(f): 12:43am On Apr 23, 2011
UKEOMA IKECHUKWU
cry cry cry DID HAVE TO DIED FOR NIGERIA TO REMAIN ONE

Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by igbsam(m): 7:18am On Apr 23, 2011
I Hope those bloody CPC supporters on Nairaland chanting BB is the change we need are reading all this. Shedding of innocent blood just for their own greed. God would punish them one by one. Bakare don dey get him own share. I support no party, but i think Buhari & CPC have gone far. If buhari comes into power, lives would mean nothing to him. May God Avenge the death of those who were innocently murdered for their own greed. angry
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by Becomricho: 8:19am On Apr 23, 2011
nwa afo, kill what. that is nonsense. the issue still remain, there was rigging. and the people who rig, no sabi rig. how can they claim jonathan got 300,000 in sokoto and 4 million in the north west. That na stupid rigging. that na looking for trouble. big trouble. that enough will provoke northerners.

let tell ourself the truth. no southerner can have 4 million vote in the north west. just like no northerner can score above 10% in igboland.

we have to know our limit and border in nigeria. pdp members in the north west should be blame for this. they over rigged this thing. awolowo and zik never got 4 million in the whole of the north , not to talk of the north west. na stupid rigging.

PDP members in the north west over rig it. that is what provoke them. but that does not mean, they should kill people too. they can protest peacefully.
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by proffemi: 9:29am On Apr 23, 2011
Although Ukeoma's life has been cut short, I believe those of us who share the dreams (and views) he had about integrity and the future of this country can still help him.
I want us to seriously think about how to immortalize his name and make sure that his death counts for something.
Only serious suggestions please (and if you don't like the idea or other people's posts, please be civil).
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by AndyMoore1(m): 9:31am On Apr 23, 2011
This is very sad indeed. The northerners should learn that the world has advanced past the era and age of these kinds of senseless murders and violence
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by emekagh(m): 10:13am On Apr 23, 2011
df2006:

Ukeoma Aikfavour: "Na wao! This CPC supporters would hv killed me yesterday, no see threat oooo. Even after forcing underaged voters on me they wanted me to give them the remaining ballot paper to thumb print. Thank God for the police and am happy i could stand for God and my nation. To all corps members who stood despite these threats esp. In the north bravo! Nigeria! Our change has come." Sunday at 06:48 via Mobile Web

clear evidence of who rig the elections, not only did they rig, after that, they killed the young man in cold blood!!  blood on the hands of buhari and the cpc!!!

Yes , this is a clear evidence; from beyond, a fallen hero has pointed finger at his possibly murderers,  Inspector General over to you. 

Now here is what the authorities shld do next.

1.  Find out from INEC which Polling Unit Ukeoma Aikfavour was posted to on the day of Presidential elections
2.  Find out which CPC agents (from the registers) were posted to same venue
3.  Arrest those agents on charges of election rigging, intimidation, hateful incitement (and with more evidence - murder)
4.  There should be a public trial of the suspects
5.  They should also find out where Ukeoma Aikfavour lived and arrest suspected extremists around the place.

This is very sad, impunity in dastard acts of this nature cannot continue.
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by manugbo(m): 10:17am On Apr 23, 2011
can those people protesting swear that they did NOT add some number of votes to their own.

i mean the So called CPC STATES.
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by manugbo(m): 10:21am On Apr 23, 2011
DEAR CPC MEMBERS PLS REMOVE THE SPAKE IN UR EYES BEFORE YOU TRY shocked,
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by baslone: 10:49am On Apr 23, 2011
GEJ and PDP should be blamed for this violence! More reason why he is clueless on arresting the situation!
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by lakode(m): 11:07am On Apr 23, 2011
Why cant they just cancel this NYSC shit , I also almost lost my life when I was on the program in Bayelsa(they posted me to the creeks where rival militants where fighting) , too many youth dies from this program every year and its always the ordinary peoples ward , you will never see a buhari or a GEJ or a OBJ kid dieing , it always the ordinary citizen kids , first this bloody politician steals the country wealth and keep we ordinary civilians poor , then now they are killing us , I BLAME THE EXISTENCE OF THIS NYSC SHIT , IT SHOULD BE SCRAPED , RIP SO FUCKING SAD
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 23, 2011
emeka_gh:

Yes , this is a clear evidence; from beyond, a fallen hero has pointed finger at his possibly murderers, Inspector General over to you.

Now here is what the authorities shld do next.

1. Find out from INEC which Polling Unit Ukeoma Aikfavour was posted to on the day of Presidential elections
2. Find out which CPC agents (from the registers) were posted to same venue
3. Arrest those agents on charges of election rigging, intimidation, hateful incitement (and with more evidence - murder)
4. There should be a public trial of the suspects
5. They should also find out where Ukeoma Aikfavour lived and arrest suspected extremists around the place.

This is very sad, impunity in dastard acts of this nature cannot continue.

GBAM
If Jonathan refuse to do this then i will not be happy with him, Nobody, esp an IGBO blood is a sacrificial lamb in this country
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by reindeer: 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2011
kayci_d77:

GBAM
If Jonathan refuse to do this then i will not be happy with him, Nobody, esp an IGBO blood is a sacrificial lamb in this country

You go wait tire . . .jonathan? grin grin grin
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by baslone: 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2011
reindeer:

You go wait tire . . .jonathan? grin grin grin

It's going to be the normal speech. . . . ". . . we . . . . . with the families
of. . . . . we'l find the perpetrators of this sad event and bring them to book. . . . ."

End Of Discussion! Na Today!
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by skillmyman(m): 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2011
This is a shame! The objective of NYSC scheme is to foster unity among the youths after the civil war. almost 40years after establishing the scheme, it is obvious that it has not fostered the needed unity.

Has there been anytime in the west or south-east or south-south that there is riot and corpers willl be targeted?
I think the strategy of puttin NYSC in place need to be revisited.

if you agree with me, pls make your opinion count this link:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/NYSC-Should-Be-Cancelled-or-Not-Fan-Page/196700603700539#

thank you
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by RuuDie(m): 5:45pm On Apr 23, 2011
So, so sad. . . . .why the f@ck did INEC, NYSC and the FG have to put the lives of corpers at risk again by involving them in the elections. . . . .haven't we had enough corper casualties resulting from the various mindless, senseless religious crisis!!?
the matter jus dey vex me like say the poor boy na my pikin angry angry angry

Ol' boy. . . . .my paddy, my bros from anoda mumsy. . . .God bless u & keep u. RIP!
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by pleep(m): 6:20pm On Apr 23, 2011
The requirements to win an election in Nigeria are so damn strict. That's why there is so much rigging, how can u expect gej to get the required votes in the northern states without rigging.
Re: Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. by osajojo(m): 9:23pm On Apr 23, 2011
what troubles me is that these northerners leave in peace in the south and even monopolise some businesses. some even acts as guards in our homes we dont mal treat them. so why do we deserve this. thyey would never take thier anger upon themselves WHY?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Uncovers Illegal Registration Center In Kwara / Governor Zulum Suspends Four Borno Medical Doctors Over Absenteeism, Lying / Atiku: Insecurity Result For Youth Unemployment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.