Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:17 PM

Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth (30147 Views)

Let Me Be Your Surest Exchanger For All Your Foreign Currencies / Best Free Minning Crypto Currencies To Invest In / How Can I Be Saving My Money In US Dollars (or Other Foreign Currencies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by Blue3k(m): 5:24pm On Apr 22, 2021
ZooOga:
I found this Reuters report interesting.

Interesting read.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by horsepower102: 5:30pm On Apr 22, 2021
Bubewilson:

How can I convert my naira savings to dollars please?

Good question, Open a dollar domiciliary account if your bank has it.

https://punchng.com/things-to-know-before-opening-a-domiciliary-account/

Find a friend or family who is living abroad to transfer dollars to your dollar domiciliary account.

Pay them back in Naira.

Example: If you know someone who is trying to send money back home for project or any other reason, arrange with them to pay in the money into your dollar domiciliary account and you give them the naira equivalent.

Another good thing to do with part of your savings is to acquire lands and register them to your name. Land value in the long term always goes up and is a good hedge against inflation.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by ciencee(m): 5:36pm On Apr 22, 2021
horsepower102:

Good question, Open a dollar domiciliary account if your bank has it.

https://punchng.com/things-to-know-before-opening-a-domiciliary-account/

Find a friend or family who is living abroad to transfer dollars to your dollar domiciliary account.

Pay them back in Naira.

Example: If you know someone who is trying to send money back home for project or any other reason, arrange with them to pay in the money into your dollar domiciliary account and you give them the naira equivalent.

Another good thing to do with part of your savings is to acquire lands and register them to your name. Land value in the long term always goes up and is a good hedge against inflation.
what about buying from a local mkt (BDC),
what are the advantage/disadvantages?
Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by Fooolishbuharri: 5:41pm On Apr 22, 2021
millomaniac:

Lolz. All fiat go towards zero sooner or later. Go read about money.

Lol you forgot the saying "cash is king"? I believe by assets you mean properties right? You forget the assets won't purge you cash when you need it and it's a man who's got cash and the need for it that is going to buy it off you?

Holding assets work in a sane economic environment my friend. Holding assets in a crumbling economy is an unforgivable risk and you may end of liquidating those assets at a loss just to escape with cash when the crunch hits.
Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by horsepower102: 5:42pm On Apr 22, 2021
ciencee:

what about buying from a local mkt (BDC),
what are the advantage/disadvantages?

Thats also another strategy. But from what I am hearing, dollar is in tight control in Nigeria. Unless you are dangote, getting dollar is not easy in Nigeria.

But if you are focused and patient, you can slowly use BDC to build up your dollar reserve.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by abbiboy: 5:45pm On Apr 22, 2021
USD for sale at #484/$1 interested call 09072762140.negotiable
Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by VTJN(m): 5:48pm On Apr 22, 2021
Leksidebolton:
The country is dead already so what do you expect “ when we have 5naira note and 5naira can’t buy anything in the country “ if you are reading this and you’re under 30yrs please find your way out of this Zoo cause the big animals aren’t ready to drop the kingdom for the younger ones
not everybody has the resources to leave this country for another!
Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:51pm On Apr 22, 2021
ThisCouldBeUs:
In a country where $10,000 equals 4 million naira and you have the man below as president. Bro, high time everyone owns a laptop and work online. cool
Apt..

I dey pity myself o..
Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 6:02pm On Apr 22, 2021
kingsoncj:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-22/nigerians-shun-naira-for-foreign-currencies-to-protect-wealth

Well they are all late to the party. Some very wealthy Nigerians started converting their wealth to dollars in 2015. I was very close to one such individual (I'm not thay rich cheesy ) and he was acting on advice from an international financial consultant. This was when APC and Buhari were still on the campaign trail but all indicators were pointing to a APC/Buhari win or Nigeria burns.
Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by adonainana: 6:24pm On Apr 22, 2021
erico2k2:

not 10 years time, at this trend it will be few months, cos, as we speak £1 =675 pady rate!

The scariest part then is in 30 years time

1,000,000 naira will be less than $100 it means wow

And 30 years is not like that that long
Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by Litmus: 6:38pm On Apr 22, 2021
Govt preparing you all for the adoption of French pegged West African "Franc" by continually devaluing Niara lipsrsealed

Return to slavery or die by terrorism, your choice grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by cbrass(m): 7:30pm On Apr 22, 2021
horsepower102:
I opened a tread yesterday advising Igbo people to protect their wealth in dollars because of the falling Naira value in addition to transferring their wealth back to Igboland immediately. A moderator closed it.

Ndiigbo take heed of this advices before you shed tears tomorrow.

I single Igbos out because a lot of them are into business and will be really affected with crashing naira value.

Buy land at home (Alaigbo). Invest at home(Alaigbo). Move your savings to dollars.

Aku ruo uno and Aku ruo Dollars is the new mantra

you are very right, though i am Yoruba i have been saving my money in foreign currency too, Yoruba nation may happen at any time, i don't want to be caught awares

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by nextstep(m): 7:47pm On Apr 22, 2021
horsepower102:
I opened a tread yesterday advising Igbo people to protect their wealth in dollars because of the falling Naira value in addition to transferring their wealth back to Igboland immediately. A moderator closed it.

Ndiigbo take heed of this advices before you shed tears tomorrow.

I single Igbos out because a lot of them are into business and will be really affected with crashing naira value.

Buy land at home (Alaigbo). Invest at home(Alaigbo). Move your savings to dollars.

Aku ruo uno and Aku ruo Dollars is the new mantra

Nwanne ihe ị na-ekwu bụ eziokwu. I hear you loud and clear.

Aku ruo Dollars grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by shiffynaani(m): 7:53pm On Apr 22, 2021
yusufu16:

I dont have time to teach or coach someone. But you can check youtube and google. There are tons of tutorials there. I am a self-taught UI/UX designer and I am enjoying every bit of it.
ok, bro.

I'm ready to learn all by myself but I need your guidance bro

Can i have whatsapp number bro?
Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by yusufu16: 7:54pm On Apr 22, 2021
shiffynaani:
ok, bro.

I'm ready to learn all by myself but I need your guidance bro

Can i have whatsapp number bro?

I am very sorry I dont have the time.
Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by shiffynaani(m): 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2021
yusufu16:

I am very sorry I dont have the time.
we know your type. Why would you have the time?

I urge you to guide that "thing" you know jealously so that nobody will ever get to know it, you hear?

Mr i don't have time. Rubbish

You keep hammering you don't have time like you won't even die anymore

Go and change your attitude nigga

Why won't caucasians prosper more than negros when they make it an "obligation" to help one another?

Go and rot with your knowledge cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by Mcslize: 8:19pm On Apr 22, 2021
That's true. I don't like keeping naira in the bank. I rather use the money to buy crypto coins for long term holding.

Holding for my future retirement. Naira is a valueless currency.

At 50, I should have retired and travelling round the world on vacations.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 22, 2021
nomenclature:
Shocking but true
Replied your pm
Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by pat077: 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2021
Fragility6:
Somebody should please point one sector that works under buhari. Just one o
banditry
Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by yusufu16: 8:29pm On Apr 22, 2021
shiffynaani:
we know your type. Why would you have the time?

I urge you to guide that "thing" you know jealously so that nobody will ever get to know it, you hear?

Mr i don't have time. Rubbish

You keep hammering you don't have time like you won't even die anymore

Go and change your attitude nigga

Why won't caucasians prosper more than negros when they make it an "obligation" to help one another?

Go and rot with your knowledge cry cry

lol hmmm I have shown you where you can learn - youtube and google. Do you want me to spoon feed. If you are serious enough, you will dedicate your time an energy on youtube and if you dont understand anything, you can ask me and I will help out.

I taught myself everything. Nobody guided me. I learn new skill every 6 months without anybody help.

With youtube and google, you can learn anything you want to learn in this world. So dont be lazy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by lavylilly: 8:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
marv1:
More info. Please

Read the post gently
Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by darediamond(m): 12:19am On Apr 23, 2021
No, It Is Even NOT REASONABLE ENOUGH to Convert Your Naira To A Mere USD which THE POWERS THAT BE of the world can still ManupulateAt Will.

Go for Naira to usdT or usdc or Tusd or Busd and make it work for you via staking etc.

Additionally, learn to Buy and Sell Cryptocurrency for Daily Massive Profit Accumulation.

No Crypto Trading is Not Hard When You Trade The Way I do As Shown In The Attached Picture. When The Buy Pointer Appears, You Buy, When It Says Sell, You Sell And Wait for the Next Pointer Again. The Tool Is Universally Useable In FX, Stock etc. Trading Too! And Can Be Automated Via A Third-party Platform For Crypto Trading Alone For Now.

It is That Simple.

NOTE: This Is Not For Everyone As It Is Not Free To Have Access To It.
30USDT or #15,000 Is It One Time ACCESS Fee And Training.

Whatapp : Zero Seven Zero 60578569

Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by jubianose(m): 4:02am On Apr 23, 2021
yusufu16:
Learn Online Business. Learn UI/UX Design and Graphic Design. These are some of my earnings in dollars.

I want to learn it. How can I contact you if possible..

Pls after learning it, what site will be best to ply my trade to earn?
Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by obinna4Jesus(m): 4:22am On Apr 23, 2021
If you got an Android phone 0r a laptop with internet connection, and your are not making your urgent 2k online, Your wahala be like android � �.

Online money making funnels are much now and one of them is Affiliate Marketing.

Dem don cut soap for me. I wan cut give any person wey dey interested.
WhatsApp me on 08034760680
Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by Offpoint1: 7:00am On Apr 23, 2021
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

Mosquito repellents don't repel, they hide you. The spray blocks the mosquito's sensors so they don't know you are there.

cool
Not Ajegunle mosquitoes bro, they're all graduates.
Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by naijadrivablog: 7:37am On Apr 23, 2021
But this didn't start today.

Most rich Nigerians have been keeping dollar bank accounts in Nigerians banks. They know how useless the Naira can be.

N50,000 of 2010 is worth less today.
Re: Nigerians Shun Naira For Foreign Currencies To Protect Wealth by BeerBeerManiple: 11:03am On Apr 25, 2021
Bubewilson:
Is this Binance like a crypto currency like bitcoin, dodgecoin...etc?

Yes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Exit Of 109 Companies From NSE Causes Anxiety / I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? / FTX Founder, Bankman-Fried Arrested In Bahamas, To Be Extradited To The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.