Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,837 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? (30838 Views)

Why I Am Seriously In Love With My Infinix Note 8i / Nokia 3.1 Plus Vs Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 Speed Test Comparison (photos) / Samsung Galaxy S8 Vs Apple Iphone 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Josywhyte: 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2021
comparing Samsung s8 plus with infinix 8i is like comparing Nigeria to USA....Baba go for Samsung jor
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Bigfish121(m): 7:03pm On Apr 23, 2021
Go for the best.still enjoying my Samsung galaxy s20 plus though.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by yungpowers(m): 7:06pm On Apr 23, 2021
I'm currently using samsung galaxy s8,not even the s8 plus and infinix note 7. I got the galaxy s8 because of the camera due to the type of work I do. I will confess to you that this is the best phone I've used since the advent of android. Samsung over infinix (sreen and large battery) any time any day.
Oneday you'll ask us whether to travel to Niger Republic or USA. angry angry

Nigerians are only using those transition craps just because samsung is expensive to the average Nigerian.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by ahmemmygrey(m): 7:22pm On Apr 23, 2021
Seleco1:

Please which site is this?

Versus.com
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Topmaike007(m): 7:31pm On Apr 23, 2021
Infinix get water resistant?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Matthew2925(m): 7:39pm On Apr 23, 2021
WeNoGoDie:

I made my statement with specification based facts and yet you say I have no idea what I'm saying.
He actually has a point. Samsung and IPhone megapixels can't be compared to other brands. The make of the camera matters not just the megapixels. Take for example the IPhone 12pro max is just 12 mega pixels, the Samsung S10 nd S10+ are just 16 megapixels. Even if infinix should make a camera of 108 megapixels it would never match does two.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by HajiaNotu: 8:10pm On Apr 23, 2021
Since I was born, and now that I don open eye. cool
I have ne'er used any other phone apart from Samsung.
Proudly a Samsung lavar grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by mekuso89(m): 8:13pm On Apr 23, 2021
So no one has any better things to do again other than buying phones up and down
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by keleants(m): 8:18pm On Apr 23, 2021
Bro go for Samsung... I have a colleague that uses that infinix and mehn I can say that Samsung is better bro
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by DAVE5(m): 8:26pm On Apr 23, 2021
Wepro25:
Samsung is good but the day your screen spoils

grin

Note 8 wey I dey use as of 3 years ago suddenly died one day and never came back on again
S8 screen broke, price of screen was near price of London used s8

Since that day I ported to oppo for my Android department, I don’t have strength, most of the gimmick features all these phones have are only novelty for the first week of purchase, after that, they’re useless

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Teeboy2300(m): 8:53pm On Apr 23, 2021
Arabmoniq:
please how long does the S8 plus battery last
5~6hrs SOT
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by RealEzee(m): 9:06pm On Apr 23, 2021
WeNoGoDie:
@Arabmoniq

Let's separate facts from Sentiments. Infinix simply wins here.

- infinix has far bigger screen.

- Far bigger battery. 5200mah again 3500mah on Samsung.

- 48mp quad camera as against Samsung's 12mp single camera.

- Helio G80 power gaming chip

- faster 18w fast charger as against 15w on Samsung.

- Dedicated micro SD slot and no dedicated on Samsung.

- Yet Cheaper price for infinix.

Samsung only beats infinix in the Super Amoled screen dept. So its one point for Samsung against 7 or more very significant points for infinix.
the SD835 on the Samsung is way better than the mtk g80 on the infinix bud.
Same goes for the Samsung camera, it outclass the infinix own, don't be moved by higher mp, it's pixel binding, when you put out the image for editing you'll prefer the Samsung out more (photographers will understand this more), by the way that Samsung was its flagship model for goodness sake bud, the tech on it still outclass the infinix, battery is where the infinix does makes sense tho.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by makanma(f): 9:06pm On Apr 23, 2021
jizzison:

Let me be of help.
Samsung uses a Snapdragon 835 CPU chipset with an Andreno 540 GPU which beats Mediatek Helio G80 found on the Infinix note 8. That's the honest truth. You can Google it for more clarification. In layman's term, Samsung S8plus is faster and can handle multitasking better than the Infinix note 8.

Camera wise, Samsung has a 12MP dual pixel camera which supports auto live focus and record 4k videos upto 30fps, not forgetting to mention that it's 8MP selfie camera supports upto 1440p.
You can download compartible GCAM for extremely better image quality.
GCAM will make your Samsung S8 look like it had 3/4 cameras. Lol! Especially with features like lens blur, astrophotography and more.
I've to be honest with you infinix note 8 48MP Quad camera is not worth comparing to Samsung's own albeit it's a single camera in terms of image quality and consistency in both the rear and selfie cameras. Even the video recording quality is inferior, 1080p is the best it can offer.
If you don't believe me you can check Samsung S8plus vs iPhone 7plus or Samsung S8plus vs iPhone 8plus or Samsung S8plus vs Google Pixel 2 camera comparison on YouTube and see how superior these phones are to Infinix note 8.
I hate being biased.

Screen quality, we don't need to talk about this do we? A 1440*3080 Super AMOLED Display vs 720*1640 IPS LCD Display. Samsung Forever in this case.

As for battery, this is the only area where Infinix shines in terms of battery size (Samsung S8plus 3500mah vs Infinix note 8 5000mah or so) and fast charging (Samsung S8plus 15W vs Infinix note 8 18W) though the Samsung will charge faster from 0-100% given the fact that it has 3500mah battery.

Samsung S8plus is one of the greatest Flagship phones to grace the Android segment 5 years ago while the Infinix note 8 is a Low-end midrange phone.
Also bear in mind that Samsung S8plus stopped at Android 9 while Infinix note 8 is on Android 10 I think.

So there you have it, I hope you'll make the choice that favours you the most.

what of Samsung galaxy a52 vs Xiaomi Redmi note 10 pro which should I go for
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by paltielx: 9:08pm On Apr 23, 2021
Go for samsung abeg
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by baganas: 9:24pm On Apr 23, 2021
WeNoGoDie:

I made my statement with specification based facts and yet you say I have no idea what I'm saying.
These are just specifications like you said, for advertisements purposes. With transsion phones most of these facts and figures are fake. So the only real difference is that infinix is cheaper
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Lilphat: 9:43pm On Apr 23, 2021
Nkne
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by crafteck(m): 10:29pm On Apr 23, 2021
WeNoGoDie:
@Arabmoniq

Samsung only beats infinix in the Super Amoled screen dept. So its one point for Samsung against 7 or more very significant points for infinix.

No let me vex 4 you, how can you compare, y is this a subject for discussion

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 23, 2021
Wepro25:
Samsung is good but the day your screen spoils

grin
Hmm na die cry cry cry
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by adetem(m): 11:05pm On Apr 23, 2021
I'm using infinx note 8i, sincerely I can't say much but perfect. Ba3 stay longer, change fast and functioning well. Samsung phone are also beautiful and function well but my experience since of Samsung galaxy I have promise myself not to buy Samsung again. It function well but ba3 don't last, and again if anything happens to the screen bye bye is name
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by DedeNkem: 12:31am On Apr 24, 2021
It is disrespectful to place Samsung in the same sentence with a crappy phone one finds only in Africa!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by jizzison(m): 3:02am On Apr 24, 2021
CaptainFM1:
See, just go for Infinix. All those altitude sensors and barometric sensors someone was mentioning in favour of Samsung are not value for money. Check 98% of people using high-end phones like Samsungs and Iphones they dont even use 70% of the facilities the phone has to offer.

We are talking about phones for purpose use here, and someone is talking about Iris/retina scan (aside from locking/unlocking what else will you use iris for), Geomagnetism (You wan study magnetism or the phone will supply you 5kw of electricity) Wireless Charging (You will still need to connect the wireless sensor to socket) Water resistant (Unless you are stupid, u wan go swim with the phone?)

.....Ah Oyinbo smart pass us I swear. Next, they will tell you they've added mosquito repellant or food downloading app/software to Samsung and jack up the price by additional $250.

My advise is first remove all the specs and so called special add-ons that samsung boast of that you know you will never-ever need or use...then place the two side-by-side and weigh which one offers you good value for the money.

If you are working hard for your money and value every penny of your sweat.....Go for Infinix.

I deeply apologize if it looks like I'm insulting you but it must be said that you're a tech-illiterate.
To say these sorts of things in 2021 is really disappointing.
How does the Infinix phone in question here blend with the term VALUE FOR MONEY? The battery abi?
So the guy doesn't need a better camera, processing speed to run & multitask between apps with ease?
Please get enlightened tech-wise.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by clemz85(m): 7:41am On Apr 24, 2021
Samsung beats infinix, yes
But you will realize it's a beautiful nonsense when it's time to change a broken screen

Pls gimme infinix till Nigeria economy improves
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by litaninja(m): 8:47am On Apr 24, 2021
Just having larger numbers in a spec sheet doesn't necessarily mean its better.
You want to compare sensors in an infinix cam with a Samsung sensor??
Lmao. No try am abeg. As useless as Samsung devices are to me at this point, you can't even use the word infinix in the same sentence. Lol

WeNoGoDie:
@Arabmoniq

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Dotez: 1:18pm On Apr 24, 2021
Arabmoniq:
I am planning on getting a Samsung Galaxy S8 plus London used and I have this friend who is advicing me to go for the infinix note 8i of the 4gig RAM and 64gig ROM please phone experts in the house which one should I go for?
you advice will help me make a good choice.
buy Tecno pova (6gb ram,128gb rom,6000mah)
thank me later
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by jizzison(m): 1:48pm On Apr 24, 2021
makanma:
Wow!
You've good eyes.
This is a tough one.
Both phones are very similar, but let me break things down to make your decision easier.
Build quality, the Samsung comes with a Gorilla 5 glass at the front while plastic which feels like "Matte" is placed at the back though it's still pleasing on the eye especially the "Awesome purple" variant. As for the Xiaomi it has a Gorilla 5 glass both front & back.
You can give Xiaomi this one because it has a more premium feel when holding it.

Size & Display, Samsung a52 is 6.5 inch phone with a 1080 Super Amoled display at 407ppi while the Xiaomi RN10pro is a 6.67 inch phone with a 1080 Amoled display at 395ppi. Both are similar here but Samsung a52 will be a little bit more pleasing to look at due to the smaller size of 0.12 inch and higher ppi (pixel per inch).
In terms of indoor/outdoor brightness, A52 has 800nits brightness while RN10pro has 1200nits. RN10pro is brighter.

Processor/chipset, Samsung a52 used a Snapdragon 720G while Xiaomi RN10pro used a Snapdragon 732G. Snapdragon 732G takes the win but again "A very slight victory" due to the fact that the Snapdragon 732G is more clocked. In real life usage the performance of both processors are barely noticeable.

Rear Camera, the Samsung a52 houses a 64MP quad camera while Xiaomi RN10pro houses a 108MP quad camera setup. Don't let numbers of MP deceive you. Let me break it down based on the numerous test I've seen.
Ultra Wide angle, Samsung wins.
Macro shots, Xiaomi wins.
Night mode/Low light, Xiaomi wins.
When zooming shots though, Samsung images are better.
Overall Samsung a52 takes sharper images than the Xiaomi RN10pro.

Selfie Camera, A52 houses a 32MP selfie cem while RN10pro houses a 16MP selfie cam. In this case, the numbers mattered. A52 produces better images than the RN10pro.
When getting either of them I would advise you to download latest available GCAM port for greater shots.

Lastly, the ba3, A52 comes with a 4500mah battery which supports 25W fast charging while RN10pro comes with 5020mah with 33W fast charging. If you love your phones having big ba3s and charging time is really really fast then Xiaomi's RN10pro takes the crown.

So there you have it.
If build quality is your thing especially front & back Gorilla 5 glass, that premium feeling. Xiaomi wins.

Display, Samsung wins... "Slightly" because of its smaller size & higher ppi. Though Xiaomi takes the cake in terms of brightness.

Processor speed and multitasking between apps. It's barely noticeable so this is a draw.
The only area you might notice some difference in smoothness while scrolling through your phone or doing any other thing is RN10pro's 120Hz refresh rate while A52 is equipped with 90Hz.

Camera (Selfie & Rear), you'll have to make the decision yourself here.

Battery & fast charging, Xiaomi wins.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by makanma(f): 3:18pm On Apr 24, 2021
jizzison:

Wow!
You've good eyes.
This is a tough one.
Both phones are very similar, but let me break things down to make your decision easier.
Build quality, the Samsung comes with a Gorilla 5 glass at the front while plastic which feels like "Matte" is placed at the back though it's still pleasing on the eye especially the "Awesome purple" variant. As for the Xiaomi it has a Gorilla 5 glass both front & back.
You can give Xiaomi this one because it has a more premium feel when holding it.

Size & Display, Samsung a52 is 6.5 inch phone with a 1080 Super Amoled display at 407ppi while the Xiaomi RN10pro is a 6.67 inch phone with a 1080 Amoled display at 395ppi. Both are similar here but Samsung a52 will be a little bit more pleasing to look at due to the smaller size of 0.12 inch and higher ppi (pixel per inch).
In terms of indoor/outdoor brightness, A52 has 800nits brightness while RN10pro has 1200nits. RN10pro is brighter.

Processor/chipset, Samsung a52 used a Snapdragon 720G while Xiaomi RN10pro used a Snapdragon 732G. Snapdragon 732G takes the win but again "A very slight victory" due to the fact that the Snapdragon 732G is more clocked. In real life usage the performance of both processors are barely noticeable.

Rear Camera, the Samsung a52 houses a 64MP quad camera while Xiaomi RN10 houses a 108MP quad camera setup. Don't let numbers of MP deceive you. Let me break it down based on the numerous test I've seen.
Ultra Wide angle, Samsung wins.
Macro shots, Xiaomi wins.
Night mode/Low light, Xiaomi wins.
When zooming shots though, Samsung images are better.
Overall Samsung a52 takes sharper images than the Xiaomi RN10pro.

Selfie Camera, A52 houses a 32MP selfie cem while RN10pro houses a 16MP selfie cam. In this case, the numbers mattered. A52 produces bettering images than the RN10pro.
When getting either of them I would advise you to download latest available GCAM ports for greater shots.

Lastly, the ba3, A52 comes with a 4500mah battery which supports 25W fast charging while RN10pro comes with 5020mah with 33W fast charging. If you love your phones having big ba3s and charging time is really really fast then Xiaomi's RN10pro takes the crown.

So there you have it.
If build quality is your thing especially front & back Gorilla 5 glass, that premium feeling. Xiaomi wins.

Display, Samsung wins... "Slightly" because of its smaller size & higher ppi. Though Xiaomi takes the cake in terms of brightness.

Processor speed and multitasking between apps. It's barely noticeable so this is a draw.
The only area you might notice some difference in smoothness while scrolling through your phone or doing anything other thing is RN10pro's 120Hz refresh rate while A52 is equipped with 90Hz.

Camera (Selfie & Rear), you'll have to make the decision yourself here.

Battery & fast charging, Xiaomi wins.
wow thanks alot for the information

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by jizzison(m): 4:14pm On Apr 24, 2021
makanma:
wow thanks alot for the information
You're welcome
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by ityP(m): 4:26pm On Apr 24, 2021
CaptainFM1:
See, just go for Infinix. All those altitude sensors and barometric sensors someone was mentioning in favour of Samsung are not value for money. Check 98% of people using high-end phones like Samsungs and Iphones they dont even use 70% of the facilities the phone has to offer.

We are talking about phones for purpose use here, and someone is talking about Iris/retina scan (aside from locking/unlocking what else will you use iris for), Geomagnetism (You wan study magnetism or the phone will supply you 5kw of electricity) Wireless Charging (You will still need to connect the wireless sensor to socket) Water resistant (Unless you are stupid, u wan go swim with the phone?)

.....Ah Oyinbo smart pass us I swear. Next, they will tell you they've added mosquito repellant or food downloading app/software to Samsung and jack up the price by additional $250.

My advise is first remove all the specs and so called special add-ons that samsung boast of that you know you will never-ever need or use...then place the two side-by-side and weigh which one offers you good value for the money.

If you are working hard for your money and value every penny of your sweat.....Go for Infinix.

One of the more reasonable comments here. Samsung S8 plus is the better phone overall, but a London used S8 plus is not it at all. Get the infinix and have rest of mind
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by ityP(m): 4:29pm On Apr 24, 2021
WinterMinter:

You deserve to be tied to a tree and be given some good lashes

But his analysis is very accurate. I've tour that London used Sammy route and I can tell you, it wasn't a pleasant experience. And truthfully, how many people dey use flagships to their full capacity? Very few
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by ityP(m): 4:32pm On Apr 24, 2021
DAVE5:

Note 8 wey I dey use as of 3 ago suddenly died one day and never came back on again
S8 screen broke, price of screen was near price of London used s8

Since that day I ported to oppo for my Android department, I don’t have strength, most of the gimmick features all these phones have are only novelty for the first week of purchase, after that, they’re useless

Snapdragon 888 but me and you go play PES for high settings without lag even on the infinix note 8. You are on point my guy

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by ityP(m): 4:32pm On Apr 24, 2021
makanma:

Redmi Note 10 pro. It's cheaper and better
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by ityP(m): 4:33pm On Apr 24, 2021
adetem:
I'm using infinx note 8i, sincerely I can't say much but perfect. Ba3 stay longer, change fast and functioning well. Samsung phone are also beautiful and function well but my experience since of Samsung galaxy I have promise myself not to buy Samsung again. It function well but ba3 don't last, and again if anything happens to the screen bye bye is name

New Samsung battery dey last, na London used no dey last

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Evolution Of Blackberry Pictured In One Image. / My Infinix Note 4 Unboxing: Beautiful Design, But Disappointing Specs? / Infinix Announce The Hot 12i: Price And Specifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.