Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? (30889 Views)

Why I Am Seriously In Love With My Infinix Note 8i / Nokia 3.1 Plus Vs Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 Speed Test Comparison (photos) / Samsung Galaxy S8 Vs Apple Iphone 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Alejobs: 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2021
Electricity is always a challenge and i am always happy to be part of the solution to that. Do you need an mps? Mobile Power solution for laptop, led tv and decoder, light bulb, fan, Phones e.t.c fully assembled by Nigerian for Nigeria for the last five years and still waxing stronger. 50k for 100,000mah guaranteed to power you pc for more than 10 hours. 75k for 180,000mah guaranteed to power pc for more than 18hours. All are built with brand new liFePo4 battery.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by seanwilliam(m): 2:54pm On Apr 23, 2021
Angrygoat:
I used xs max 512 gb gold , the camera is shit,both front nd back, phone too big for my hand and too heavy,plus lu can't clone apps on iPhone, all apps are paid. Android is gold. I sold my xs max for 200k after a year of wastage and usage
you’re right about cloning apps. Apps like lynx won’t work on iPhone.. but xs mas has a great camera o. I don’t know why yours is like that sha.. although I’m not a camera person . U can get 11 pro max. The camera is great..

All in all I’ll mostly choose iPhone over android of same category

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by sagieramos(m): 2:55pm On Apr 23, 2021
Randerl:
grin
You for add Albert Einstein under na

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Stozen32: 2:58pm On Apr 23, 2021
see below

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Angrygoat: 2:59pm On Apr 23, 2021
Men iknnot using iphonebagain,its just for fashion. My next phone on my mind is note 10 or s20+. I can't use any other device aside samsung. I got a Samsung scoop speaker from abroad since 2016 till now its still working,water entered inside it,distorted the sound.ibwas so mad and upset,after 5 days men the water don dry out,come and see over loudness. Everywhere I go ppl always ask me what is the name of my speaker and do I wanna sell it. The other speaker I got Bluetooth speaker samsung rl 1 for 100k,naso I dey nagg till I got it and used it,e too loud o. And the scoop speaker na nokia 8800 sirrrocco battery e dey use o. 5 years and af not changed or opened it.tho battery now lasts like 3 to 4 days unlike before it could go for like one week. Indestructible samsung scoop with nice mad bass. The sound always draws attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGYw25m7_Ck

seanwilliam:
you’re right about cloning apps. Apps like lynx won’t work on iPhone.. but xs mas has a great camera o. I don’t know why yours is like that sha.. although I’m not a camera person . U can get 11 pro max. The camera is great..

All in all I’ll mostly choose iPhone over android of same category

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by MartinsD12(m): 3:01pm On Apr 23, 2021
Arabmoniq:
I am planning on getting a Samsung Galaxy S8 plus London used and I have this friend who is advicing me to go for the infinix note 8i of the 4gig RAM and 64gig ROM please phone experts in the house which one should I go for?
you advice will help me make a good choice.
Instead of me to buy London used Samsung galaxy s8 plus yes its a better phone than infinix but in terms of battery infinix wins, processor Samsung gets it all but London used is a heavy no for me I rather go for infinix note 8i

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Patrioticbreed9(m): 3:02pm On Apr 23, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

Try putting space where necessary. You started well, but when i discovered you don't even know when to put space and full stop, i had to stop. It gives me headache

sorry for that.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by rfnextar8(m): 3:03pm On Apr 23, 2021
No one is talking about maintenance, if Samsung screen spoilt, better go and buy another phone. I remember when I want to change Samsung note 4 charging port because of the slow charging. I was told I will plan to buy a screen because the charging port is underneath the screen
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by qtguru(m): 3:06pm On Apr 23, 2021
Arabmoniq:
I am planning on getting a Samsung Galaxy S8 plus London used and I have this friend who is advicing me to go for the infinix note 8i of the 4gig RAM and 64gig ROM please phone experts in the house which one should I go for?

You don't know phone, there is no comparison go for the samsung

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by m140(m): 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2021
KingUg:
did you just ask that question shocked, people taking about Samsung’s battery if infinix uses the same processor with Samsung I can bet that infinix battery won’t last the way Samsung does, Samsung anytime any day
Samsung screen n processors consumes a lot of power .... many dont know this

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Buzx: 3:11pm On Apr 23, 2021
I can't use a London used Samsung. What's the use of all power and performance with probably a bad battery? Go for a more recent Samsung.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Patrioticbreed9(m): 3:11pm On Apr 23, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

Try putting space where necessary. You started well, but when i discovered you don't even know when to put space and full stop, i had to stop. It gives me headache

the post have been modified try reading it again.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Kensmile1982(m): 3:11pm On Apr 23, 2021
am using Samsung s9 it obvious not to compare samsung with infinx phones

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by blackboy(m): 3:12pm On Apr 23, 2021
Gbam. The scream I scream no be here. N100k that year. Still around N80k . But most Infinix phones just packup after a while when you go to carl care it we need to change the panel or is it board. You loose all your data. Might cost N30k or less but is it really worth it. But a Samsung? Apart from the screen breaking you can use it for years. I love my S8 not S8 note which would have been a lot better cause of the bigger screen.
Wepro25:
Samsung is good but the day your screen spoils

grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Arabmoniq(m): 3:17pm On Apr 23, 2021
justscorchone:
How much for the Samsung s8 plus
70K for the 64gig variant

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by jizzison(m): 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2021
rfnextar8:
No one is talking about maintenance, if Samsung screen spoilt, better go and buy another phone. I remember when I want to change Samsung note 4 charging port because of the slow charging. I was told I will plan to buy a screen because the charging port is underneath the screen
Lol.
Just because you couldn't maintain yours doesn't mean others can't maintain theirs and it also doesn't mean they should go for something that's quite inferior.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Oshokalo: 3:23pm On Apr 23, 2021
OfficialZamy:
Am currently using s8plus now... But why on earth will you be comparing Infinix phone to Samsung

Samsung s6 Edge is even better than infinix Note 8 excluding battery life
all this una useless mentality una dey carry about wetin Samsung do wey that infinix no fit do,when it comes to battery,fast browsing and with a lesser price,infinix pass am
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by fitinwell: 3:26pm On Apr 23, 2021
Even from the Name and Experience... Dem no be Age mate

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Oshokalo: 3:26pm On Apr 23, 2021
WeNoGoDie:
@Arabmoniq

Let's separate facts from Sentiments. Infinix simply wins here.

- infinix has far bigger screen.

- Far bigger battery. 5200mah again 3500mah on Samsung.

- 48mp quad camera as against Samsung's 12mp single camera.

- Helio G80 power gaming chip

- faster 18w fast charger as against 15w on Samsung.

- Dedicated micro SD slot and no dedicated on Samsung.

- Yet Cheaper price for infinix.

Samsung only beats infinix in the Super Amoled screen dept. So its one point for Samsung against 7 or more very significant points for infinix.
infinix with a lesser price spare part again,forget all this Samsung over hyped phone

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Oshokalo: 3:33pm On Apr 23, 2021
the day ur samsung go fall u go pack am one place,because u can't repair it with almost the same money u bought it how is that one a phone to compare with infinix
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Seleco1: 3:35pm On Apr 23, 2021
Arabmoniq:

You need another friend because that guy obviously isn't your friend.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Seleco1: 3:37pm On Apr 23, 2021
ahmemmygrey:
Samsung is better except for the price

Please which site is this?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Ifesinachi22(m): 3:37pm On Apr 23, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:
Apart from the andriod version you cant compare an infinix hot20ii to an s7.But does the version matters? Hell yes & hell no,Why? Let take for instance an iphone 6 is still very cappable even in 2025 but what is the problem? The O.S, how? with the iphone 6 topping at ios 12.1.6 it is darn f*cking limited.many pro app of recent now requires ios 14 making the iphone 6 praticaly useless!.am not a user of andriod though but one thing i know is that version matters.the s8 tops out at andriod 8. what type of phone user are you? if you just need a phone for fun and luxry the s8 wins!.you need a phone for video shooting,with 4kres,high fps up 240fps.the s8 performes better than some dslr.now do you need battery life? infinix wins,latest o.s for newer apps the infinix wins.mind many seriouse filmaking apps that where esclusive to i.o.s and moved to andriod wont be available for transions phones.i dont change phone because a new one is out i only change when the version is outdated.i just switched to an iphone x from 6

You modified nothing. You didn't space anything. This kind of write ups is too difficult to read. I'm too old for these

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by DONFRANSKID(m): 3:40pm On Apr 23, 2021
Legacyy:
haai samsung freak
lol

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Scetrocom: 3:43pm On Apr 23, 2021
WeNoGoDie:
@Arabmoniq

Let's separate facts from Sentiments. Infinix simply wins here.

- infinix has far bigger screen.

- Far bigger battery. 5200mah again 3500mah on Samsung.

- 48mp quad camera as against Samsung's 12mp single camera.

- Helio G80 power gaming chip

- faster 18w fast charger as against 15w on Samsung.

- Dedicated micro SD slot and no dedicated on Samsung.

- Yet Cheaper price for infinix.

Samsung only beats infinix in the Super Amoled screen dept. So its one point for Samsung against 7 or more very significant points for infinix.

The Samsung is even London used, not brand new phone. Go for infinnix

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by korm2me(m): 3:47pm On Apr 23, 2021
WeNoGoDie:

I made my statement with specification based facts and yet you say I have no idea what I'm saying.
Specification based fact so Helio G80 beats snapdragon 835 ba?

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by kingxsamz(m): 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2021
Arabmoniq:

Which kain friend you get sef? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Patrioticbreed9(m): 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

You modified nothing. You didn't space anything. This kind of write ups is too difficult to read. I'm too old for these

oh i see.. am typing with a java phone that is limited to a specifc of words! so that is reason am trying to bring the whole writeup down to barest barebone, sorry
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by kingxsamz(m): 3:53pm On Apr 23, 2021
WeNoGoDie:

Oga you guys get easily excited and sentimental once infinix and Tecno is mentioned. Check my profile I sell phones sometimes as side hussle. I've used and sold Samsung, IPhones, Tecno and infinix etc.

Agreeably Tecno and Infinix are sometimes deficient in some aspects but I'm not shy to mention any aspect they beat a similar phone in comparison. It is called being objective, equitable and unbiased. This is one major attribute you guys that trashtalk Tecno and Infinix heavily lack.

He countered your opinion with facts and all you did was call him bias. Nawa. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by QueenVaji: 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2021
OfficialZamy:
Am currently using s8plus now... But why on earth will you be comparing Infinix phone to Samsung

Samsung s6 Edge is even better than infinix Note 8 excluding battery life

nna see me see problem..and its funny am seeing it on fp

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? by Elgaxton(m): 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2021
Samsung S8 plus is far much better in almost every wise part from battery power. However,if your screen gets cracks or damaged, keep your $107 which about N52,000. Iwotago!? I miss my S8plus sha Redmi Note is Bad!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Val Peterson Scoops 15million Naira In The MTN BEST 11 PROMO / Infinix Announce The Hot 12i: Price And Specifications / Bigger Or Longer? Tecno Mobile Asks Fans How They Like It (see Funny Replies)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.