Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation (12611 Views)

Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji / Man Confronts Enugu Policeman: If Not For Your Uniform, I Would Have Slapped You / Woman Accuses Makeup Artists Of Stealing N28m After They Resigned, Arrests Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by obembet(f): 10:46pm On Apr 22, 2021
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has faulted the continued stay of the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Pantami, as a member of the Federal Executive Council (FEC).

He believes it is unreasonable for the government to allow anyone in a situation such as that of the embattled minister to remain in office.

The governor made the remarks on Wednesday via his Twitter handle while reacting to the comments said to have been made by Pantami in the past in support of extremist groups.

Although the minister has renounced the comments, saying he was a changed person, Governor Wike insisted that it was wrong to allow Pantami to continue with his duties as a minister.

According to him, the minister ought to have relinquished his duties but the situation has worsened because the government does not care.
It Is Inexcusable’
The governor stressed that the time when the minister made the comments does not matter, saying they could be described as the germinated seeds that have led to the killing of people.

He advised Pantami to tender his resignation as minister, adding that he would have done the same if he was in such a situation.

The minister has been under fire recently for the comments he made in the past in support of extremist groups, despite his position as a changed person.

There have been intense calls for his removal by various individuals and groups, including human rights activists, social media users, and the main opposition party – Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Amid the demands that he should resign or be sacked, Pantami attended the Federal Executive Council (FEC) which was presided by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday.

Briefing reporters at the end of the FEC meeting, the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, said the issue of Pantami’s removal was not discussed

https://twitter.com/channelstv/status/1385275988620292099?s=19

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 22, 2021
Why you let them catch you na angry

6 Likes

Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by BUSHHUNTER: 10:50pm On Apr 22, 2021
Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by Moferere: 10:55pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hustler grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by heendrix(m): 10:55pm On Apr 22, 2021
I knew the AJ global venture he's always screaming is just an hoax. yahoo has always been his root it's not hard to know
Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by obembet(f): 10:56pm On Apr 22, 2021
I love the way everybody tapes are being played. History is a path for light and darkness. Those ignorant politicians didn't meet up with digital class.

mynd44

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by qualityovenbake(m): 10:57pm On Apr 22, 2021
Am shocked. I follow his skits on instagram.

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by Stomoney(m): 5:26am On Apr 23, 2021
Wike the saint grin. Seriously Pantami deserve to resign from that seat but an average African man will never resign undecided.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by Jesuschristus: 5:26am On Apr 23, 2021
You commited genocide in obigbo,I guess u should resign, will you?lol,hell No

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by FILEBE(m): 5:27am On Apr 23, 2021
Lol. You sure? Easy to say. We know Nigerian politicians as power drunk. In the history of Nigeria, how many politicians have stepped down even when found guilty?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by Drsnives(m): 5:27am On Apr 23, 2021
Wike lie..
An average Nigerian man will never resign.
Even me self go hold tight to that power and privileges maybe till death comes knocking

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by ArewaNightmare: 5:28am On Apr 23, 2021
grin Yet after court orders you're still holding swear on workers salaries #PDP tyrant #Akwiya

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by madridguy(m): 5:28am On Apr 23, 2021
grin
Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by BruncleZuma: 5:29am On Apr 23, 2021
grin grin grin grin

Wike, don lie

[img]https://media1./images/22d9689453caf1cd8e4da60495038966/tenor.gif[/img]

Him say him go resign...for this Nigeria?

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by oloyedewaris(m): 5:29am On Apr 23, 2021
No be naija again
Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by AllenSpencer: 5:29am On Apr 23, 2021
Says the machete-wielding Governor of Rivers State

Pot calling kettle black

21 Likes

Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by KangaIye: 5:29am On Apr 23, 2021
That's you Wike, in the case of Pantami you can't shame the shameless, you expect a terrorist sympertizers to leave a position of power that gives him opportunity to support his people with immunity. Tueh!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by Arizonaz: 5:30am On Apr 23, 2021
Story for the gods

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by Okortor: 5:30am On Apr 23, 2021
Quiet dere..ya all r same set dirty politicians.
Just that one is a terrorist, d oda is a tyrant.
Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by Pauletta(m): 5:30am On Apr 23, 2021
Lori iro
undecided
Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by Tupaq: 5:31am On Apr 23, 2021
Bros Patami. You don hear am naa. Oga step down.
Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by Kicktaker(m): 5:31am On Apr 23, 2021
But you couldn't after commiting genocide in obigbo okwaya...

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by zeusdgrt(m): 5:31am On Apr 23, 2021
Most stupid,failed,daft, dumb,yeye, nonsense govt any county will ever have is what we have here today in Nigeria! How did we get here?
Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by abkrgumel(m): 5:32am On Apr 23, 2021
You should have resigned for not paying your teachers, do you think you’re saint? WICKED

5 Likes

Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by iscom(m): 5:32am On Apr 23, 2021
True talk

Check my signature for original romoss, xiaomi pisen yoobao powerbanks, etc mobile accessories
Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by masarauta11(m): 5:33am On Apr 23, 2021
Wike is just saying it because he is not in Pantami's position. I have never heard of a Nigerian raised politician resigned from his post, just because he is being bashed by media and the public.

2 Likes

Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by zeusdgrt(m): 5:33am On Apr 23, 2021
AllenSpencer:
Says the machete-wielding Governor of Rivers State

Pot calling kettle black
How does wike wielding machete affect the message? kindly explain.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by Shattuck(m): 5:34am On Apr 23, 2021
he won't resign because he isn't alone , he is not the only one with jihadist/ extremist view he is in great company with his brothers you all have seen the presidency throw its support for the jihadist minister, it can't be higher than the presidency.

5 Likes

Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by zeusdgrt(m): 5:34am On Apr 23, 2021
ArewaNightmare:
grin Yet after court orders you're still holding swear on workers salaries #PDP tyrant #Akwiya
How does that affect the message?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by ceede2: 5:34am On Apr 23, 2021
Worlds lie, Action don't. Wike maintain your surroundings 1st before any advice.
Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by ozark(m): 5:35am On Apr 23, 2021
But you are not
Re: Wike: I Would Have Resigned If I Was In Pantami’s Situation by AllenSpencer: 5:36am On Apr 23, 2021
zeusdgrt:

How does wike wielding machete affect the message? kindly explain.

https://www.google.com/

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Habib Aliyu, Zainab Aliyu's Father Thanks Nigerians, Buhari And Abike Dabiri / Gunmen Kill 4 Farmers In Oyo State / Man Bags Jail Term For Beating Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.