Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,895 members, 7,814,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics (1881 Views)

COVID-19: We Won’t Sack Workers — Lagos / Buhari: I Came Into Office On 19th Of May 2015 / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Kumuyi Shaking Buhari, I Am Ashamed" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by NwaNimo1(m): 11:11pm On Apr 22, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari blasted campaigners for the sack of communications and digital economy minister, Isa Pantami, calling them “cancel campaigners”.

While saying he will not sack Pantami, Buhari gave a long response on why the action, as being campaigned would not be just.

First, he claimed some ICT companies offered money to some media houses to run a smear campaign against Pantami.

He said the campaign was about what Pantami said in the past, when he was in his 20s, echoing Pantami’s own defence at the weekend.

And he added that the campaign was instigated by the people who Pantami might have stepped upon while introducing changes in the ICT sector.

In the final analysis, the President said Pantami will not be dismissed from the cabinet.

“The Administration stands behind Minister Pantami and all Nigerian citizens to ensure they receive fair treatment, fair prices, and fair protection in ICT services”, Buhari said, according to statement released by Garba Shehu.

Read the full statement:

“Today, there is an unfortunate fashion in public discourse that makes leaders in politics, religion, and civil society liable in the present for every statement they have ever made in the past – no matter how long ago, and even after they have later rejected them.

“This insidious phenomenon seeks to cancel the careers of others on the basis of a thing they have said, regardless of when they said it.

“The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami is, currently, subject to a “cancel campaign” instigated by those who seek his removal.

“They do not really care what he may or may not have said some 20 years ago: that is merely the instrument they are using to attempt to “cancel” him. But they will profit should he be stopped from making decisions that improve the lives of everyday Nigerians.

“The Minister has, rightly, apologized for what he said in the early 2000s. The views were absolutely unacceptable then, and would be equally unacceptable today, were he to repeat them. But he will not repeat them – for he has publicly and permanently condemned his earlier utterances as wrong.

“In the 2000s, the Minister was a man in his twenties; next year he will be 50. Time has passed, and people and their opinions – often rightly – change.

“But all discerning Nigerians know this manufactured dispute is nothing to do with the Minister’s prior words, but solely concern his actions in the present.

“This Administration is committed to improving the lives of all Nigerians – and that includes ensuring they are not over-charged or under-protected for those services on which modern life depends.

“The Minister has been leading the charge against illegal data deductions and pricing; he has revolutionized the government’s virtual public engagement to respond to COVID-19 and save taxpayers’ money; he has established ICT start-up centres to boost youth entrepreneurship and create jobs; he has changed policy to ensure locally produced ICT content is used by ministries, starting with his own; and he has deregistered some 9.2 million SIMs – ending the ability for criminals and terrorists to flagrantly use mobile networks undetected.

“In two short years, Minister Pantami has driven the contribution of the ICT sector to the GDP to more than 18 percent, making it one of the top two playing a critical role in the emergence of the economy from the COVID 19-induced recession.

“In putting people first, the Minister and this administration have made enemies.

“There are those in the opposition who see success and want it halted by any means. And there is now well-reported information that alleges newspaper editors rebuffed an attempt to financially induce them to run a smear campaign against the minister by some ICT companies, many of which do indeed stand to lose financially through lower prices and greater consumer protections.

“The government is now investigating the veracity behind these claims of attempted inducement, and – should they be found to hold credence – police and judicial action must be expected.

“The Administration stands behind Minister Pantami and all Nigerian citizens to ensure they receive fair treatment, fair prices, and fair protection in ICT services.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/04/22/buhari-i-wont-sack-pantami-dismisses-critics/
Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by 360degreess(m): 11:34pm On Apr 22, 2021
.. That's good.Because all these allegations are baseless and senseless.How can a right thinking person say it was pantami that killed Yakowa?. Pantami wasn't even in the country then,he was in UK doing his PhD..Now the CAN chapter in Kaduna has dismissed the allegations.. Someone also said it was pantami that killed his son in ATBU more than 10years ago,but he couldn't speak up until now.. Sometimes if God wants to lift someone higher in life,He uses his enemies and antagonists.They are giving pantami more popularity..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by FarahAideed: 11:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
God you are great ..By now at least every sane Nigerian understands the genesis of the terrorism plaguing the country

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by Dpharisee: 11:40pm On Apr 22, 2021
360degrees:
.. That's good.Because all these allegations are baseless and senseless.How can a right thinking person say it was pantami that killed Yakowa?.. Someone also said it was pantami that killed his son in ATBU more than 10years ago,but he couldn't speak up until now..

You have been asking people to take sniper whilst moving from thread to thread, is that the new way you guys plan to start killing in Nigeria?
You have used all these schemes in the past:
Riots
Civil war
Maitasine
Beheading for blasphemy
Under age Almajiri
Boko Haram
Terrorists
Fulani Herdsmen
Bandits
Kidnappers
Military and security agencies opening fire on protesters
Premeditated air crashes

And now you are starting another means of killing the already frustrated citizens using sniper, you and Pantami belong to Taleban and alqaeda

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by Okoroawusa: 11:41pm On Apr 22, 2021
Ka Chineke mezie okwu...
Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by Resurrection212: 11:47pm On Apr 22, 2021
That's way to go Buhari should ignore the enemy of progress.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by flokii: 11:55pm On Apr 22, 2021
The Pantami guy should resign honourably now and allow a reasonable, religious tolerant person take over..

This is not about Buhari anymore but Nigeria as a whole. Pantami should step down now!

Hope mu.mu Yorubas that were rejoicing over Kemi Adeosun can see how life is now. Forming liberals and allowing southeast attack our own.. Same thing they are doing with Tinubu and EndSars. Awon oponu!
Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by Ever8090: 12:25am On Apr 23, 2021
The good thing is that, other parts of the country are now ready to defend their land against Patami and Buhari..

Buhari should empower Patami with whatever he need for his terrorism and should also advice him to make sure the destroy the core North kpata-kpata...

Thank God we the people of the middle belt are now wiser than our fathers, nobody will use us to fight against secession again...
Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by Ever8090: 12:27am On Apr 23, 2021
360degreess:
.. That's good.Because all these allegations are baseless and senseless.How can a right thinking person say it was pantami that killed Yakowa?.. Someone also said it was pantami that killed his son in ATBU more than 10years ago,but he couldn't speak up until now..
my happiness is that, by the time Patami is through with his mission in the core North even Niger Republic will reject to have anything to do with the North
Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by nlreserve: 12:32am On Apr 23, 2021
How do u expect buhari to sack himself? Buhari is the pant na mi abi pantami. Pantami wears the buhari face silicon pomo mask. Bubu is the terrorist. Everyone should just go get ready to declare the sovereign state of his region and any Fulani seen should be deported.
Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by Bethel4Life(f): 12:38am On Apr 23, 2021
Okoroawusa:
Ka Chineke mezie okwu...
we have always known u as a Fulani herdsmen masquerading as an Igbo

But ur bro
nging out ur true colors small small

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by ProfessorBerlin(m): 2:55am On Apr 23, 2021
Buhari wey no well
Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by nedu666: 3:15am On Apr 23, 2021
Nice. Rather than asking him to resign or be sacked, southerners learn to cover your people incase of tomorrow a southerner finds himself in the same situation as pantami. Stop acting patrotic, it makes u look foolish
Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by Funkeshuga(m): 3:34am On Apr 23, 2021
Southeast- Kemi Adeosun be sacked

FG- insisted that she won't be sacked

Southeast kept pressurizing FG and he succumbed. after sacking her, these foolish part of southerners are still calling for her arrest and prosecution, your fellow southerner?

now a man was accused of pro terrorism the FG insisted they won't sacked him and people are surprise? sacking Pantami is like sacking entire North because the voice of Pantami either past or present is the voice of all Northerners
Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by Mysticwebb: 3:39am On Apr 23, 2021
flokii:
The Pantami guy should resign honourably now and allow a reasonable, religious tolerant person take over..

This is not about Buhari anymore but Nigeria as a whole. Pantami should step down now!

Hope mu.mu Yorubas that were rejoicing over Kemi Adeosun can see how life is now. Forming liberals and allowing southeast attack our own.. Same thing they are doing with Tinubu and EndSars. Awon oponu!
What concerns South East with Kemi Adeosun sack? A Northerner sacked your person for fraud but slave mentality will not allow you confront who sacked her and replaced her with a Northerner instead it is SE you will remember to blame. Did Kemi inform you that it was a South Easterner that forged her NYSC certificate for her? Call a spade a spade.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by Mysticwebb: 3:44am On Apr 23, 2021
A terrorist will always defend a fellow terrorist. I believe he was actually appointed because of that, so can not be sacked for same reason he was picked.
Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by Balkan(m): 4:12am On Apr 23, 2021
NwaNimo1:
President Muhammadu Buhari blasted campaigners for the sack of communications and digital economy minister, Isa Pantami, calling them “cancel campaigners”.

While saying he will not sack Pantami, Buhari gave a long response on why the action, as being campaigned would not be just.

First, he claimed some ICT companies offered money to some media houses to run a smear campaign against Pantami.

He said the campaign was about what Pantami said in the past, when he was in his 20s, echoing Pantami’s own defence at the weekend.

And he added that the campaign was instigated by the people who Pantami might have stepped upon while introducing changes in the ICT sector.

In the final analysis, the President said Pantami will not be dismissed from the cabinet.

“The Administration stands behind Minister Pantami and all Nigerian citizens to ensure they receive fair treatment, fair prices, and fair protection in ICT services”, Buhari said, according to statement released by Garba Shehu.

Read the full statement:

“Today, there is an unfortunate fashion in public discourse that makes leaders in politics, religion, and civil society liable in the present for every statement they have ever made in the past – no matter how long ago, and even after they have later rejected them.

“This insidious phenomenon seeks to cancel the careers of others on the basis of a thing they have said, regardless of when they said it.

“The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami is, currently, subject to a “cancel campaign” instigated by those who seek his removal.

“They do not really care what he may or may not have said some 20 years ago: that is merely the instrument they are using to attempt to “cancel” him. But they will profit should he be stopped from making decisions that improve the lives of everyday Nigerians.

“The Minister has, rightly, apologized for what he said in the early 2000s. The views were absolutely unacceptable then, and would be equally unacceptable today, were he to repeat them. But he will not repeat them – for he has publicly and permanently condemned his earlier utterances as wrong.

“In the 2000s, the Minister was a man in his twenties; next year he will be 50. Time has passed, and people and their opinions – often rightly – change.

“But all discerning Nigerians know this manufactured dispute is nothing to do with the Minister’s prior words, but solely concern his actions in the present.

“This Administration is committed to improving the lives of all Nigerians – and that includes ensuring they are not over-charged or under-protected for those services on which modern life depends.

“The Minister has been leading the charge against illegal data deductions and pricing; he has revolutionized the government’s virtual public engagement to respond to COVID-19 and save taxpayers’ money; he has established ICT start-up centres to boost youth entrepreneurship and create jobs; he has changed policy to ensure locally produced ICT content is used by ministries, starting with his own; and he has deregistered some 9.2 million SIMs – ending the ability for criminals and terrorists to flagrantly use mobile networks undetected.

“In two short years, Minister Pantami has driven the contribution of the ICT sector to the GDP to more than 18 percent, making it one of the top two playing a critical role in the emergence of the economy from the COVID 19-induced recession.

“In putting people first, the Minister and this administration have made enemies.

“There are those in the opposition who see success and want it halted by any means. And there is now well-reported information that alleges newspaper editors rebuffed an attempt to financially induce them to run a smear campaign against the minister by some ICT companies, many of which do indeed stand to lose financially through lower prices and greater consumer protections.

“The government is now investigating the veracity behind these claims of attempted inducement, and – should they be found to hold credence – police and judicial action must be expected.

“The Administration stands behind Minister Pantami and all Nigerian citizens to ensure they receive fair treatment, fair prices, and fair protection in ICT services.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/04/22/buhari-i-wont-sack-pantami-dismisses-critics/
is there any Buhari anywhere or you mean the presidency?
Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by Karlovych: 4:31am On Apr 23, 2021
Useless deranged vegetable dullard

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by Monogamy: 5:55am On Apr 23, 2021
Can the HAN people go and rest now?
Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by Munamu: 6:05am On Apr 23, 2021
NwaNimo1:

First, he claimed some ICT companies offered money to some media houses to run a smear
campaign against Pantami.

Read the full statement:

Not surprised. Had Buhari not said worst inciting words during his 2011 campaigns that led to the deaths of many Nigerians. These people are all the same.
Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:18am On Apr 23, 2021
Nobody cares about his sack. After all when sacked another terrorist will be appointed as a replacement.

What we are satisfied with is that the reality of Buhari government being a terrorist one is in the light for all to see. Most importantly the foreigners to see. There is a reason IPOB was offered asylum. People have seen the real terrorists. Their cup will get filled with time.

Our God will continue to protect Christians.
Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:25am On Apr 23, 2021
In less than 2 years, half of the schools in the North would have shut down,
Now you would notice they won't disturb Islamic schools,
Slowly and with the support of the religious hypocrites called Northerners, taliban ideologies would start to take shape, girls will stop going to schools, except daughters of the elites ofcourse,

The mumu South needs to pay attention, after all if you want one Nigeria, you should at least know what your future entails

Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by Racoon(m): 6:27am On Apr 23, 2021
FarahAideed:
God you are great ..By now at least every sane Nigerian understands the genesis of the terrorism plaguing the country
Exactly!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by BigBizzy(m): 6:45am On Apr 23, 2021
Terrorist defending terrorist ..,you keep wondering why the security situation is this bad
Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by donestk(m): 6:47am On Apr 23, 2021
Yorubas gift to Nigeria
Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by louqas: 6:52am On Apr 23, 2021
Dpharisee:

You have been asking people to take sniper whilst moving from thread to thread, is that the new way you guys plan to start killing in Nigeria?
You have used all these schemes in the past:
Riots
Civil war
Maitasine
Beheading for blasphemy
Under age Almajiri
Boko Haram
Terrorists
Fulani Herdsmen
Bandits
Kidnappers
Military and security agencies opening fire on protesters
Premeditated air crashes

And now you are starting another means of killing the already frustrated citizens using sniper, you and Pantami belong to Take and alqaeda

The linking of Pantami to Yakowa death exposed you all and the ochestrated campaign of calumny against the minister is because he HAS STEPPED ON TOES ........those toes needed to be stepped on for Nigeria to get better.........one quick question, WHY DO YOU NEED TO DOCTOR A DOCUMENTS FOR AN EVENT THAT HAPPENED ........ Producing and publishing a fake document means your intentions are not noble ........the wind has blown and the fowl nyash has been exposed .......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by louqas: 7:01am On Apr 23, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
Nobody cares about his sack. After all when sacked another terrorist will be appointed as a replacement.

What we are satisfied with is that the reality of Buhari government being a terrorist one is in the light for all to see. Most importantly the foreigners to see. There is a reason IPOB was offered asylum. People have seen the real terrorists. Their cup will get filled with time.

Our God will continue to protect Christians.

Abegi
There were terrorists is GEJ government too.....at least GEJ himself said so but that didn't stop 11 million terrorists people from voting for him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by Akpangbo: 7:01am On Apr 23, 2021
Terrorists of the same feathers.
Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by BlessedNuel: 7:03am On Apr 23, 2021
Local man is just speechless on top dx matter
Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by 360degreess(m): 7:03am On Apr 23, 2021
louqas:

The linking of Pantami to Yakowa death exposed you all and the ochestrated campaign of calumny against the minister is because he HAS STEPPED ON TOES ........those toes needed to be stepped on for Nigeria to get better.........one quick question, WHY DO YOU NEED TO DOCTOR A DOCUMENTS FOR AN EVENT THAT HAPPENED ........ Producing and publishing a fake jdocument means your intentions are not noble ........the wind has blown and the fowl nyash has been exposed .......
..God is putting them to shame one by one and they are giving the minister more popularity.
Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:06am On Apr 23, 2021
For not sacking him, despite ties with terrorist groups Buhari have made it known to Nigerians that as long as he is president we are no more safe under his watch
Re: Buhari: I Won’t Sack Pantami, Dismisses Critics by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:27am On Apr 23, 2021
louqas:

The linking of Pantami to Yakowa death exposed you all and the ochestrated campaign of calumny against the minister is because he HAS STEPPED ON TOES ........those toes needed to be stepped on for Nigeria to get better.........one quick question, WHY DO YOU NEED TO DOCTOR A DOCUMENTS FOR AN EVENT THAT HAPPENED ........ Producing and publishing a fake document means your intentions are not noble ........the wind has blown and the fowl nyash has been exposed .......
And how has Nigeria gotten better since he stepped on those toes? Give us examples.
The document has existed in the public space since 2010. No one just linked Pantami to it. It has existed before now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fúck Biafra Man Shouts In Aba - VIDEO / Escalating Cases Of Malnutrition In OYO State. / Deji Adeyanju Confirms Asiwaju As The Incoming President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.