Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs (77922 Views)

NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development / Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit / Plateau: Niger Delta Militants Blow Hot, Reveal What’ll Happen In 21 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by HisExcellence(m): 12:50am On Oct 25, 2020

MILITANTS in Niger Delta, who threatened to resume hostilities, some days ago, have tabled five new demands before the Federal Government, while waiting for expiration of an earlier ultimatum.

The nine renegade militant groups under the auspices of Reformed Niger-Delta Avengers, RNDA, said it had written the International Oil Companies, IOCs, to evacuate their staff to avoid human casualties, as fighters would occupy oil and gas facilities after destroying them.

Leader of RNDA, self-styled “Major General” Johnmark Ezonbi, aka Obama, who confirmed the development, last night, said militants were in support of the #EndSARS protests and would, surely, escalate action in the creeks if the federal government failed to meet the demands.

Details later

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/breaking-ndelta-militants-make-5-demands-write-iocs/amp/

130 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by DeBoss1: 1:00am On Oct 25, 2020
shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Rugaria: 1:02am On Oct 25, 2020
Jokers gaurding pipelines that drain oil from their lands angling for more security contracts with empty threats...

119 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by SalamRushdie: 1:09am On Oct 25, 2020
I don taya for this country , it's designed not work and that's exactly what it's doing

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by sapientia(m): 1:14am On Oct 25, 2020
Just saw this on twitter.

Buhari will send the military

That's all he does

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Commonsense99: 1:27am On Oct 25, 2020
grin cheesy
If Zamfara can control 100% of their Gold, if CBN can buy gold from zamfara with money that was gotten from South ,
Then Niger delta should control their own resources too, this is simple logic.

654 Likes 59 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by daddytime(m): 2:04am On Oct 25, 2020
Okay na

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by NairaHercules24: 2:05am On Oct 25, 2020
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Fernandeswagger(m): 2:22am On Oct 25, 2020
Commonsense99:
grin cheesy
If Zamfara can control 100% of their Gold, if CBN can buy gold from zamfara with money that was gotten from South ,
Then Niger delta should control their own resources too, this is simple logic.

Commonsense99 you are making a very valid point. So Zamfara owns the gold abi?
What is good for the goose is equally good for the gander. Choi see cheating. Govt is now buying gold from a state but dey no wan buy crude oil. grin grin

413 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Jdbrasco2: 2:49am On Oct 25, 2020
I hope they are not just barking? Cut off the oil and they will scramble and restructure the country. Hence you live as slaves forever.

193 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by ehinmowo: 3:28am On Oct 25, 2020
sapientia:

That's all he does

Even the millitary knows that sending her will end up.ij disaster. If he tries that, then it's game over.

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Nobody: 5:21am On Oct 25, 2020
Sovereign Conference of Nationalities.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by GTkester: 5:33am On Oct 25, 2020
Let them scatter everything!

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 5:47am On Oct 25, 2020
useless political greedy bastards

when they need them they where docile

7 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by helinues: 5:51am On Oct 25, 2020
Empty threats, empty demands

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by fitzmayowa: 5:58am On Oct 25, 2020
I hope those militants will not follow through with their plans, our military is already over stretched they have to deal with BH, bandits now add militancy to it, to top it all no one wants to enlist in the military because of the military current poor state.

This might just be the end of Nigeria, if only we didn't use our PVC to vote in someone that doesn't give a fvck about Nigeria into power....

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by fitzmayowa: 6:00am On Oct 25, 2020
sapientia:

That's all he does

Military that is over stretched....

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:26am On Oct 25, 2020
All these actions, anger and resentments is nothing but Northern attitude towards the one Nigerian project.

There is a saying that you can fool some people sometimes but you can't fool all the people all the time. Thank God even the Yorubas are waking up to the scam of one Nigeria. My very top Yoruba friend who wouldn't let me hear word about the need for one Nigeria now can go to any limit to say a break up is the way forward.

How can Zamfara state be selling their gold to CBN after secretly mining their gold for so many years? How can a president see rail connection to Niger republic as a priority in a dwindling Nigeria economy? Same way Buhari spent billons of dollars searching for oil in the North at a time the oil revenue was low and our economy was about going into recession. Why do the north always see Nigeria from the prism of the north first whenever they are in power? Why? I also blame corrupt southern leaders especially in the South South who fail their people despite the 13% derivation. But Northern attitude in the government cannot but be described as leeches. Their ever growing uncontrollable population is their priority. A place where a man boasts of 30 children. How will Nigerian revenue be enough to satisfy such population? How will poverty leave their region.

We urgently need to restructure as a nation so that every region will sit up to avoid all these implosion. God forbid we start war in Nigeria. We are tired of every year every trouble. The north will always chose to threaten everyone whenever break up is mentioned. Why? Because they have upper hand in the military. Do they really think the 21st century world is same as 1960?

To build our nation, we need a new structure, a new attitude and a unifying leader. I advice Igbos to stop further investment outside Igbo land. The present problems all over Nigeria is seriously a bad signal for such investments. To be forewarned is to be fore armed. We are not building a nation, we are living a nation.

267 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by fitzmayowa: 6:32am On Oct 25, 2020
helinues:
Empty treats, empty demands

Threat that affects our source of income as a nation should not be considered empty....

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by punisha: 6:38am On Oct 25, 2020
I kinda love these guys...
When will they start blowing up stuffs.
The country will survive from zamfara gold I bliv

108 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by nedekid: 6:43am On Oct 25, 2020
Naira about to tank against usd.
If you know you know.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by helinues: 6:46am On Oct 25, 2020
fitzmayowa:

Threat that affects our source of income as a nation should not be considered empty....

No be GEJ be president.

So I repeat,na empty threat

7 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by chrisxxx(m): 6:51am On Oct 25, 2020
Instead them to ask IOC to relocate their headquarters to Niger Delta they are asking them to evacuate their staff. Misplaced priority.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by fitzmayowa: 6:52am On Oct 25, 2020
helinues:

No be GEJ be president.

So I repeat,na empty threat

This has nothing to do with GEJ, the man is in the past. The present is the threat from the militants we can't afford to have soldier quelling unrest in that region our military is already over stretched....

If anything happens in that region this moment it will spell doom for everyone, I just hope it's an empty threat like you said....

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by mu2sa2: 7:03am On Oct 25, 2020
They issue threats when ""go no go" and federal govt will "respond" with ghana- must- go. This latest one is no different.

5 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Zionmdde: 7:16am On Oct 25, 2020
idiots
these are periods IOCs are struggling to survive in business. oil prices are now low and a lot of IOCs wouldn't mind packing up.
The FG has done enough for d Niger delta in sincerity. IOCs pay the communities, IOCs contribute their quota to NDDC, IOCs give out contracts to local indigenes due to NCDMB rules even though those local contractors make a mess. but in all their elites embezzle these funds. they should go for their elites.
a huge percentage of their youths are employed in these companies
a huge percentage of their students are on scholarships. wat exactly is their problems.

they are threatening destruction wen they should be wooing investors to their region. era of oil relevance is coming to an end and these idiots dont know dat

17 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by ikennamadu1(m): 7:51am On Oct 25, 2020
fitzmayowa:

This has nothing to do with GEJ, the man is in the past. The present is the threat from the militants we can't afford to have soldier quelling unrest in that region our military is already over stretched....

If anything happens in that region this moment it will spell doom for everyone, I just hope it's an empty threat like you said....

why you dey explain give meruwa

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by bossvinqualad25(m): 7:51am On Oct 25, 2020
If you reside in Egbeda or idimu Lagos and av cleaning experience check my signature I av something for you

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Highway Patrol: The Car I Saw Nigeria Police Force Using Today (Photo) / FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) / 615 Terrorist killed In Both Air And Ground Attacks In Sambista Forest - Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.