Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises (1635 Views)

Kidnappers Kill Woman As She Begs To Be Killed Instead Of Her Daughter-In-Law / Man Divorced Wife Of 20 Years Over Suspicion She Was Raped By Kidnappers Kaduna / Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After Losing 2 Children To Kidnappers (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by fatymore(f): 8:43am On Apr 23, 2021
This still feels so unreal, but we thank God for his mercy and protection over us.

Background

We have been looking for an apartment for like two months now, fortunately, luck smiled on us and we found one. After sourcing from funds and pooling resources together, plus going for interview, and the agency calling referees and guarantors, we were asked to pay.

My younger brother was asked to make the transfer to an account, unfortunately, he was debited but the recipient didn't receive the money, so we asked him to go to the bank the following day to complain as the agency was on our neck for payment( first come first served issue)

Kidnappers Story.

The bank he went to was just like 5 minutes walk from our house, he called me to inform me, he is at the bank already but he is yet to enter, as they were given number(This was around past 9/9.30 am). He promised to meet me at the shop once he was through with the complaints.

Around past 11/11.30, I received his messages and missed call, my guess is, someone who is a kidnapper some to him at the bank and used jazzed on him, he was asked to enter a bus and took out of Lagos. Unfortunately, he regains his consciousness when they got to their hideout.

He was able to message me tell me what was going on, he said some people have been there for like two weeks, if they don't find anything on you like money or valuable something, your family would be called for ran some which start from 1 million.

It was when he was there, the money from the bank got reversed, they withdrew the money over 400, 000 naira cryimmediately with their POS machine, collected his phone, ATM and beat him.

He said people were much and very scared. At the end they blindfolded him and took him from their hideout and dumped him at Aiyetoro, Ayobo side.

They took him from National Agege down to the end of Ayobo(Ogun state). He trekked from their back home and he was even fasting.

We just have to thank God for his mercy, only male child and final year student.

I think we should be careful and wary of strangers we talk to at the bank, we don't know who is who and their mission. My mum was just crying. We would have to start all over again to look for money, the quit notice given ends this month.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by falcon01: 9:38am On Apr 23, 2021
mcheeeww!! which kind story come be this one?. how old is your smart Brother sef? your Bro has successfully Scammed your entire Bloodline grin smart guy grin

1. "Don't tell mum anything yet" ** dude Is tryna play it clean so as bot to cause critical damage to sweet momma**
2. someone will kidnap you and wont Carry your phone abi??
3. With their POS machine grin

Noice!!

5 Likes

Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by Lifeisgoody: 10:00am On Apr 23, 2021
Why not also report the incident to the police.
I smell foul play
Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by Chummynoni(m): 10:11am On Apr 23, 2021
hmmm. strange
Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by dangotesmummy: 11:01am On Apr 23, 2021
Hmnn
Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by dangotesmummy: 11:02am On Apr 23, 2021
falcon01:
mcheeeww!! which kind story come be this one?. how old is your smart Brother sef? your Bro has successfully Scammed your entire Bloodline grin smart guy grin

1. "Don't tell mum anything yet" ** dude Is tryna play it clean so as bot to cause critical damage to sweet momma**

Noice!!
Yoruba will say Na person wey never go to war or see fight go see himself as a warrior

E dey sweet you to form conspiracy theories till it happens to your loved ones

Everything is not a joke.people have died from this issue

1 Like

Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by Richy4(m): 11:46am On Apr 23, 2021
So POS machine cannot be traced to any account by the bank?.....Make una no dey tell me this kind story e dey sound backwardish sad ...Is there no Business name, address.. phone number attached to the POS stuff while it was being activated?...
If Nigerian banks is not sophisticated enough to combat cybercrime then they should stop all kinds of online transaction

3 Likes

Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 23, 2021
You can't be too careful nowadays
Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by fatymore(f): 1:20pm On Apr 23, 2021
falcon01:

Noice!!

His phone was collected at the end.

I pray you don't fall.victim
Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by fatymore(f): 1:22pm On Apr 23, 2021
Lifeisgoody:
Why not also report the incident to the police.
I smell foul play

Allah Allam.

He was on fasting.

Only God knows the best.

May we not be victim of unfortunate circumstances. I am not asking you to believe.
Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by fatymore(f): 1:24pm On Apr 23, 2021
dangotesmummy:
Yoruba will say Na person wey never go to war or see fight go see himself as a warrior

E dey sweet you to form conspiracy theories till it happens to your loved ones

Everything is not a joke.people have died from this issue

This is the second case.

You can check my profile.

This day made it a month we were looking for someone and we got to find him at the mortuary.

We were so scared, cos it got to a point his phone wasn't going. I would have posted the remaining chats. The reason he said I shouldn't inform my mum, she is kind of hypertensive and you know what the outcome might be and she wasn't near home at all. So I had to wait until she came back before I could inform her.

1 Like

Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by fatymore(f): 1:26pm On Apr 23, 2021
Richy4:
So POS machine cannot be traced to any account by the bank?.....Make una no dey tell me this kind story e dey sound backwardish sad ...Is there no Business name, address.. phone number attached to the POS stuff while it was being activated?...
If Nigerian banks is not sophisticated enough to combat cybercrime then they should stop all kinds of online transaction

The PoS of a thing has been misused by Nigerians
Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by Boss469(m): 2:07pm On Apr 23, 2021
Fake news

1 Like

Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by fatymore(f): 2:16pm On Apr 23, 2021
Boss469:
Fake news

Lol

I hear you undecided
Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by Richy4(m): 2:18pm On Apr 23, 2021
fatymore:

The PoS of a thing has been misused by Nigerians

I understand but that stuff is just what makes payment easy...... The POS credited into someone's account? what about finding out who's account was being credited....It's just too easy...I strongly believe that no one can use POS to defraud anyone in any sane country because it's just elementary.. within few mins, the police will be knocking at the door...Because it has a link with Business address, Name of Account.. Phone numbers etc

1 Like

Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by Annogbe(f): 5:16pm On Apr 25, 2021
fatymore:
This still feels so unreal, but we thank God for his mercy and protection over us.

Background

We have been looking for an apartment for like two months now, fortunately, luck smiled on us and we found one. After sourcing from funds and pooling resources together, plus going for interview, and the agency calling referees and guarantors, we were asked to pay.

My younger brother was asked to make the transfer to an account, unfortunately, he was debited but the recipient didn't receive the money, so we asked him to go to the bank the following day to complain as the agency was on our neck for payment( first come first served issue)

Kidnappers Story.

The bank he went to was just like 5 minutes walk from our house, he called me to inform me, he is at the bank already but he is yet to enter, as they were given number(This was around past 9/9.30 am). He promised to meet me at the shop once he was through with the complaints.

Around past 11/11.30, I received his messages and missed call, my guess is, someone who is a kidnapper some to him at the bank and used jazzed on him, he was asked to enter a bus and took out of Lagos. Unfortunately, he regains his consciousness when they got to their hideout.

He was able to message me tell me what was going on, he said some people have been there for like two weeks, if they don't find anything on you like money or valuable something, your family would be called for ran some which start from 1 million.

It was when he was there, the money from the bank got reversed, they withdrew the money over 400, 000 naira cryimmediately with their POS machine, collected his phone, ATM and beat him.

He said people were much and very scared. At the end they blindfolded him and took him from their hideout and dumped him at Aiyetoro, Ayobo side.

They took him from National Agege down to the end of Ayobo(Ogun state). He trekked from their back home and he was even fasting.

We just have to thank God for his mercy, only male child and final year student.

I think we should be careful and wary of strangers we talk to at the bank, we don't know who is who and their mission. My mum was just crying. We would have to start all over again to look for money, the quit notice given ends this month.

contact 08037111012 give him the reasons and he will help u track the line
Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by GboyegaD(m): 5:21pm On Apr 25, 2021
Unfortunately, I have read a few stories where people were robbed and money withdrawn from their account through PoS and our banks have not helped out.
Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by fatymore(f): 5:33pm On Apr 25, 2021
GboyegaD:
Unfortunately, I have read a few stories where people were robbed and money withdrawn from their account through PoS and our banks have not helped out.

And someone here thought it is a lie. Until it happens to someone close to you. cheesy
Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by Esthered: 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2021
GboyegaD:
Funds dissipated via POS are irredeemable. They can only receive your complaints in the bank @ OP.
Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by fatymore(f): 10:20am On Apr 27, 2021
Esthered:

Funds dissipated via POS are irredeemable. They can only receive your complaints in the bank @ OP.

Yes we know.

Life over everything
Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by Esthered: 5:49pm On Apr 27, 2021
fatymore:

Yes we know.

Life over everything

It is well.
Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by Styluss: 10:11am On May 14, 2021
Richy4:

I understand but that stuff is just what makes payment easy...... The POS credited into someone's account? what about finding out who's account was being credited....It's just too easy...I strongly believe that no one can use POS to defraud anyone in any sane country because it's just elementary.. within few mins, the police will be knocking at the door...Because it has a link with Business address, Name of Account.. Phone numbers etc
lol..
U don't understand how this things works... What if it's a stolen pos with a stolen account and a stolen ATM card. These people can have all that to anyone at gunpoint
Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by Richy4(m): 10:21am On May 14, 2021
Styluss:
lol..
U don't understand how this things works... What if it's a stolen pos with a stolen account and a stolen ATM card. These people can have all that to anyone at gunpoint

That POS is simply linked into someone's account and if it's stolen, the thief is simply helping the person he stole from out by crediting into his/her account... To the best of my knowledge, it can only be activated in the bank...
Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by Styluss: 10:26am On May 14, 2021
Richy4:

That POS is simply linked into someone's account and if it's stolen, the thief is simply helping the person he stole from out by crediting into his/her account... To the best of my knowledge, it can only be activated in the bank...
I thought so too... I have an uncle in the bank who explained I'm details how this scam/robberies works. They make it very untraceable! Most crimes are done on weekends where victims won't be able to complain to the bank. It's far more complicated than you think. They would have found a way to stop this menace if it's that simple
Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by Richy4(m): 10:47am On May 14, 2021
Styluss:
I thought so too... I have an uncle in the bank who explained I'm details how this scam/robberies works. They make it very untraceable! Most crimes are done on weekends where victims won't be able to complain to the bank. It's far more complicated than you think. They would have found a way to stop this menace if it's that simple

It is simple... Just that the Nigerian banking sectors loved bottle-neck... They love to make things difficult for people just to act like they are working or busy... If South African bank, Australian banks, UK and US banking sectors can make it so easy for their country, what are the job descriptions of the Forensic accountants, and other Forensic experts that were earning salary in the banking sectors?
Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by Styluss: 10:55am On May 14, 2021
Richy4:

It is simple... Just that the Nigerian banking sectors loved bottle-neck... They love to make things difficult for people just to act like they are working or busy... If South African bank, Australian banks, UK and US banking sectors can make it so easy for their country, what are the job descriptions of the Forensic accountants, and other Forensic experts that were earning salary in the banking sectors?
sadly... This is nigeria
Re: New Kidnappers Tactics Used Around Bank Premises by Richy4(m): 11:10am On May 14, 2021
Styluss:
sadly... This is nigeria

Unfortunately so my dear...I mean majority of the countries around the world especially in the banking sectors has learned to treat their customers well because they knew that making money is not easy no matter the amount... but sadly it was not so in my country... The Nigerian banking sectors only acts real fast when the big shots were involved...

(1) (Reply)

1 / Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS / Truth About Weddings In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.