Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,373 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) (2318 Views)

Gunmen Behead Ukeoma In Emohua, Rivers And Abduct Another / Remains Of Ikechukwu Ukeoma (viewer Discretion Advised) / Facebook Page Created For Mr. Ukeoma Ikechukwu: He Is Missing In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by sunky644(m): 4:47am On Apr 22, 2011
This true Nigerian was murdered by CPC supporters. Check his lastwords on his Facebook wall with the name Ukeoma Aikfavour. He is a Corp member serving in the north, was first threatened for refusing underaged voters and also the second time for refusing mass thumb printing of the remaining ballot papers. The police rescued him from the hands of this supporters during the election but was later killed by the rioters after the election. MAY YOUR GENTLE SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE, A true child of God and extraordinary citizen of Nigeria. I pray we see the change you laid up your life for.
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by tppv: 9:39am On Apr 22, 2011
sukky my brother. Aik's death was a rude shock to me. This guy really could have easily boycotted the NYSC but chose like you would expect him, if you knew him, to do.

To think that this same guy published different zines on Nigeria, encouraged youths to believe in this country, a die hard, hard core believer in the "Nigerian Project", could be murdered in cold blood is hard to take.

I shed tears when i got the call that he was dead. I mean this guy took his money and brains, published different articles about youths, Nigeria, living right, just name it, and distributed freely to people in Lagos, free every month!!!.
He openely talked about his dreams for this country as stated in his publications. He had a job and was very hard working.

I regret the day he went to Bauchi against my wish. I should have done something to stop him. God!!! Why him?
But he should not be allowed to die in vain. This guy's life represented in heart and actions the aspirations of the youths of this country yearning for change. We must keep his name and ideology alive!!!

RIP Aik and Obinna. Nairalanders, its up to us to do something about them. They are our heroes, our own mattyres.

1 Like

Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by switosman(m): 9:47am On Apr 22, 2011
Are you sure Ukeoma Aik is dead? do you have concrete evidence? some one posted on his wall that he was last seen at the police station. Please verify, I am waiting to get the latest.
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by sunky644(m): 9:59am On Apr 22, 2011
@tppv, thanks somuch, felt realy bad when I saw d post on my friend's wall. From the write-ups on his wall you need no prophet to tell you that this is an extraordinary Guy with a strong will. Almost ran mad when I heard d case of Obinna too, imagine a Guy with such a bright future already done with post graduate in UK only to get himself killed by this animals in human skin just because he wants to observe this meaningless NYSC. Tell me the hope of the parents who paid through their noses to give their sons Good education. its terribly bad and disheartening, the only thing that can Console us a bit is to really see that the change they died for truly come to pass. RIP all our great guys that lost their lives in the post election violence in the north.
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by Odunnu: 10:25am On Apr 22, 2011
Yes i'm mourning for a fellow super Lion, a brother in faith a true Nigerian patriot.
May your soul Rest in Peace Aikfavour.
. . .and the perpetrators will never know peace uptill their fourth generation.
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by monkeyleg: 10:28am On Apr 22, 2011
Listen Guys, Let us wait to get confirmation.

@Odunnu, I see you went to UNN
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by Mobinga: 11:16am On Apr 22, 2011
OP You are bloody retharded basturd!

Is he dead? Have you confirmed?
What does opening a thread for him solve?
All these itchy-fingered posters sef!
E dey sweet you to open thread abi?
Illiterate.
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by Odunnu: 11:27am On Apr 22, 2011
Easy Mobinga! Must u always look aggressive?
You used to be mannered,responsible and quiet.What happened?
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by Mobinga: 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2011
I'm Sorry. I just detest dumb posters.
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by Odunnu: 12:23pm On Apr 22, 2011
He's not dumb. There's even a thread confirming his death.
But tel me, what happened to that sweet young boy Mobinga?
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by eniak: 1:16pm On Apr 22, 2011
Hello good afternoon. My name is Eniola Akinkuotu, correspondent of PUNCH newspaper. We just received report that Ukeoma Aikfavour has been killed. Please we want to be sure if it is true because the NYSC is trying to cover up some deaths. Please reply as soon as possible. You may be able to save another life if we write to the president's adviser on security today. Thank you
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by monkeyleg: 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2011
As far as I know, this is the only confirmation I have seen

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/04/missing-youth-corper-ukeoma-aik.html

But is has not been verified
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by sunky644(m): 2:35pm On Apr 22, 2011
@mobinga, u don't have to be rude because you are angry. Check my profile, I don't just open thread on nairaland. A was (lindaikeji..com) and confirm it by reading people's comments. As said by a Guy who claimed to be his church member said " they last heard from him when he was running to the police station for refuge but the parents later confirmed that an eyewitness said the rioters threatened to burn the police station if they fail to release him and his three colleagues to them". Creating a thread about his murder has gotten nothing to add to my bank account or CV. Above all, I believe he will be resting peacefully with the Lord as I can from his Facebook wall that he is a true born again and well trained child of God. AIK, MAY YOUR REST IN PEACE,
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by Ystranger: 2:38pm On Apr 22, 2011
May he NOT REST IN PEACE

WHY DO YOU ALL HAVE TO OPEN DUMB THREADS?

PHUCK YOU OP:
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by monkeyleg: 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2011
@sunky644,

Did the hightlighted actually happen? That he couldnt be safely looked after in the police station?

they last heard from him when he was running to the police station for refuge but the parents later confirmed that an eyewitness said the rioters threatened to burn the police station if they fail to release him and his three colleagues to them
This is very worrying, if true the police station must be found and the police officers charged. We need to confirm that story and get it to those who can move things forward.
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by sunky644(m): 2:56pm On Apr 22, 2011
@all, the acclaimed church( House on the Rock Church, Ojuelegba, Lagos ) member said, they tried his no several times and a Hausa guy( one of the rioters) later picked it up, rained curses at the caller in Hausa language and finally told him that they just killed the owner of the phone. AIK was the bestman in one of the weddings that took place in his church last year, the bride gave this Guy the information that it's confirmed. Anybody that wants to hear the full story should just endeavour to read the comments in lindaikeji's . Still sad cos a very close friend in Canada told me this Guy's major cause in this country is sensitising the youth that there is hope for this country, and he ended up laying up his life with his utmost yearning unachieved.
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by EzeUche3(m): 2:56pm On Apr 22, 2011
monkeyleg:

@sunky644,

Did the hightlighted actually happen? That he couldnt be safely looked after in the police station?

they last heard from him when he was running to the police station for refuge but the parents later confirmed that an eyewitness said the rioters threatened to burn the police station if they fail to release him and his three colleagues to them
This is very worrying, if true the police station must be found and the police officers charged. We need to confirm that story and get it to those who can move things forward.

This is very sad. It is getting very upsetting. He ran to the police station, where they should have protected him and the other NYSC members to the mob. How barbaric can these people be?
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by Ystranger: 2:59pm On Apr 22, 2011
EzeUche__:

This is very sad. It is getting very upsetting. He ran to the police station, where they should have protected him and the other NYSC members to the mob. [size=18pt]How barbaric can these people be[/size]?

Not anymore Barbaric than Ojukwu of 1967

So it is fine for Ojukwu to kill Ibos, but bad when the same act is done by the Northerners.

What double standard?
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by EzeUche3(m): 2:59pm On Apr 22, 2011
Ystranger:

Not anymore Barbaric than Ojukwu of 1967

So it is fine for Ojukwu to kill Ibos, but bad when the same act is done by the Northerners.

What double standard?

Can you SHUT THE HELL UP!

AND Stop following me you bastarddd!

Damn cockroach! No one is even talking about Ojukwu.

We are talking about the lives lost. Now show some damn RESPECT for once in your God forsaken life
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by monkeyleg: 3:03pm On Apr 22, 2011
@Ezeuche,

That is my point, The police must be held responsible for this. This is an issue which we must all unite to see to the logical end. If the young man has actually been killed, especially from the hands of the Nigerian police force, then I think we have major problems in this country.
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by sunky644(m): 3:19pm On Apr 22, 2011
@Ystranger, now I know the message u re passing across, no one is fighting any tribe issue here but concerned about the wicked way they took the life of this promising innocent yoyngman. For ur information the Guy we re talking about is Ibo and I am Yoruba, if he were to be an Hausa Guy I will feel the same way too. I am bothered cos I served in Bauchi state when the riot of this Boko haram first started, the pain is " what if I was murdered like AIK when I was serving in Bauchi too, what will become of my parent, my expectant wife, siblings, in laws, friends and family at large?" Please let's have conscience in everything we do and be our brothers keeper irrespective of his tribe, religion and colour.
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 22, 2011
The major problem with Nigeria & Nigerians is simply the issue of tolerance. Is it so hard for us to tolerate another person's views
Here we are discussing someone's (possible but unconfirmed) death and we're already cussing each other!
SMH!
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by Ystranger: 3:34pm On Apr 22, 2011
^^^^

Dont mind them.

Thats why Hausas love to makes Suyas from their lifeless body

Buncha reeetards!
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2011
because of corruption we cannot have a free and fair election

because of corruption people who felt their electoral mandate was stolen have gone on a killing spree

because of corruption rioters were able to go on a killing spree unchecked.

because of corruption those who killed would probably never be brought to book

which way Nigeria undecided
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by nwaafo1: 3:38pm On Apr 22, 2011
Ystranger:

^^^^

Dont mind them.

Thats why Hausas love to makes Suyas from their lifeless body

Buncha reeetards!
Ystranger, are u sure u'r a human beign, no human feelings at all.
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by EzeUche3(m): 3:39pm On Apr 22, 2011
nwa afo:

Ystranger, are u sure u'r a human beign, no human feelings at all.

Sometimes I wonder that as well. He is mocking the Ndigbo, yet his people are suffering up North as well. Something is not right with that man.
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by Ystranger: 3:42pm On Apr 22, 2011
^^^^

Atleast, I am not a bigot like you.

Ezeuche, the king of NL Bigots.
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by EzeUche3(m): 3:47pm On Apr 22, 2011
Ystranger:

^^^^

You don't see me dancing around and gloating about death. That is something that I have never done.

I might be an Igboist, but you are a sick pathetic excuse for a human. Sick bastarrrddd
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by gidson12(m): 3:51pm On Apr 22, 2011
Ystranger:

^^^^

in times like this people get reasonable, we re talking about the death of an innocent corper here, and your're still hard bent on being tribalistic, i thought you do all these for fun, man you are heartless,
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by Ystranger: 3:56pm On Apr 22, 2011
gidson12:

in times like this people get reasonable, we re talking about a like of an innocent corper here, and your're still hard bent on being tribalistic, i thought you do all these for fun, man you are heartless,

Well, he is using the death of an innocent Corper to further his anti-North and anti-Yoruba sentiments. How is that different from me not acknowledging the supremacy of an Igbo-life over others.

When Five innocent people were killed in Osun -State, he flippantly disregarded the deaths, mocking it with his usual "Wild Wild West" slogan.

You both can go hug a transformer, I really could care less.
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by rosefleurs: 4:03pm On Apr 22, 2011
Odunnu:

Easy Mobinga! Must u always look aggressive?
You used to be mannered,responsible and quiet.What happened?

Pot calling kettle black.  Nice christian charity on the lord's day!  "Have you praised HIM today?" Stop spreading fear and ignorance on the internet 24/7 and do something worthwhile with your life, missy.

Odunnu:

Yes i'm mourning for a fellow super Lion, a brother in faith a true Nigerian patriot.
May your soul Rest in Peace Aikfavour.
. . .and the perpetrators will never know peace uptill their fourth generation.
Re: Rest In Peace (ukeoma Aikfavour) by gidson12(m): 4:09pm On Apr 22, 2011
Ystranger:

Well, he is using the death of an innocent Corper to further his anti-North and anti-Yoruba sentiments. How is that different from me not acknowledging the supremacy of an Igbo-life over others.

When Five innocent people were killed in Osun -State, he flippantly disregarded the deaths, mocking it with his usual "Wild Wild West" slogan.

You both can go hug a transformer, I really could care less.
you are always prepared to give a stupiid reply to every comment here, the floor is large enough to accomodate your stupidityy, carry on

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Approves N600 Billion For Demographic Database – NPC Chairman. / Why The African Lions Stayed Poor And The Asian Tigers Became Rich / Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.