Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts (996 Views)

State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example / Abike Dabiri And Isa Pantami Clash Over Ejection From Office / Elections: Nigerians Will Judge Buhari By His Actions, Not Words – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by ManirBK: 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2021
A former United States Ambassador to Nigeria, John Campbell,
has disclosed that freedom of speech and thought is integral to
the American system, hence it could not have denied its Visa to
the minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Ali-
Pantami.
Recall that a report by Daily Independent had claimed that the
United States had placed the minister on their terror watchlist
over alleged ties with terrorist groups.
Although the newspaper later withdrew the report, the allegation
had triggered social media campaign against the minister, with
some calling for his resignation.

But while responding to an email chat with The Punch on the
allegation Thursday, the former Ambassador said Mr Pantami’s
sermons and other public statements could not be the only
yardstick for putting him on its terror watchlist.
Mr Campbell, who served as ambassador to Nigeria between
2004 and 2007, said: “As for Dr. Pantami’s sermons and other
public statements, a consular officer would want to know when
he made them–years ago or yesterday.
“There is also the question of whether he advocated violence and
whether his apology is a repudiation of what he said.

“Is he now part of an international terrorist network? Or, are
some of his views merely parallel to those of, say, Osama Bin
Laden? As you know, freedom of speech and of thought is
integral to the American system.
“So, actions (including inflammatory rhetoric) weigh more heavily
than the mere expression of ideas or beliefs. Each visa decision
is made on a case-by-case basis.”
https://dailynigerian.com/pantami-pays-attention-terror/

mynd44 oam4j lalasticlala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by ManirBK: 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2021
Jelous wailers open your ears and hear words from someone with
human brain

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by nairalandankrah: 3:10pm On Apr 23, 2021
Lols..he is just been diplomatic as a former ambassador to cow geria..

His opinion do not in any way represent the views of the United states CIA that killed Osama bin laden and Iranian defense minister..
He should travel to USA first

2 Likes

Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by tollyboy5(m): 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2021
grin

According to our law there is no freedom of speech , that is hate and he need to be punish dearly.

If he is a serving minister in USA he would be force to resign but on visa ban same logic might not be applicable
ManirBK:
Jelous wailers open your ears and hear words from someone with
human brain
Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by ManirBK: 3:16pm On Apr 23, 2021
nairalandankrah:
His opinion do not in any way represent the views of the USA CIA that killed Osama bin laden and Iranian defense minister
This one most be american fulani, this is not what biafrouds wanted
to hear, pantami has come to stay, NIN MOST BE DONE".

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by mushystuff: 3:17pm On Apr 23, 2021
So why has Nigeria kept detained the man that said he'd hire snipers to eliminate Buhari if he received 1milion USD? Did they say he had received the money or hired the snipers?

Pantami's words have led to far-reaching actions that have taken lives!
Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by tollyboy5(m): 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2021
ManirBK:
If you like kill yourself I'm linking no shit.

Pantami would rather think of saving his damage image than enforcing NIN bullshit cheesy
Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by ManirBK: 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2021
tollyboy5:

If you like kill yourself I'm linking no shit.

Pantami would rather think of saving his damage image than enforcing NIN bullshit cheesy
Nin and sim card linkage is inevitable, all the mugu's will soon be
cage and eliminate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by capatainrambo: 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2021
ManirBK:
northerners are terrorists . Bokoharam is good for u guys I hope it continues

2 Likes

Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by tollyboy5(m): 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2021
mushystuff:
So why has Nigeria kept detained the man that said he'd hire snipers to eliminate Buhari if he received 1milion USD? Did they say he had received the money or hired the snipers?

Pantami's words have led to far-reaching actions that have taken lives!
You must be ignorant for comparing someone who instigate mix feelings in a secular to someone who dislike one person (buhari).
Most especially those inciting statement might have infuriated crises and misguid stupid people

1 Like

Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2021
nairalandankrah:

His opinion do not in any way represent the views of the United states CIA that killed Osama bin laden and Iranian defense minister..
He should travel to USA first
Pantami has certificates from Harvard and MIT and he got them not more than 8yrs back.
US Ambassador of the time Pantami allegedly made those statements is in the right position to give this verdict.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by ManirBK: 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2021
tollyboy5:

You must be ignorant for comparing someone who instigate mix feelings in a secular to someone who dislike one person (buhari).
Most especially those inciting statement might have infuriated crises and misguid stupid people
Many bigots will commit suicide today

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by tollyboy5(m): 3:23pm On Apr 23, 2021
ManirBK:
Nin and sim card linkage is inevitable, all the mugu's will soon be
cage and eliminate
Pantami is just nobody and not an intelligent person.

I wonder why aboki handles tech related issues in this country.

I'm sure if we both sit for same tech exam I'll prove he's a result of quota system
Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by ManirBK: 3:26pm On Apr 23, 2021
tollyboy5:

I'm sure if we both sit for same tech exam I'll prove he's a result of quota system
go and link your nin with your number, if not you'll no
longer be able to comment nonsense again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by tollyboy5(m): 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2021
ManirBK:
Many bigots will commit suicide today
Lolz, I've giving up on this country when I see daftness embedded in some region DNA.

Funny enough they transmit it through intercourse.

I don't give a fvck about Mohammad who is very active on women affairs, nor stress myself over roman invented religion, but yet my friends are family are Muslim including my babe.

The first bigot that should commit suicide is pantami but he'll disappoint you , I promise
Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by tollyboy5(m): 3:30pm On Apr 23, 2021
ManirBK:
Lolz you can send me to 14years imprisonment na, or invite sharia judge from Saudi Arabia.

I hate empty threat , you better do whatever and stop reasoning with your anus.

1 Like

Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by ManirBK: 3:40pm On Apr 23, 2021
tollyboy5:

Lolz you can send me to 14years imprisonment na, or invite sharia judge from Saudi Arabia.

I hate empty threat , you better do whatever and stop reasoning with your anus.
Those who criticize him, only hatred, envy and jealousy occupied
their mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by ManirBK: 3:43pm On Apr 23, 2021
tollyboy5:

compulsory NIN Registration

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by Chigboboss: 3:53pm On Apr 23, 2021
ManirBK:

Lmao sucker punch.

Millions of non-criminals in the SE have already registered and linked.

When unlinked SIMS are DEACTIVATED breeze go blow fowl nyash.

1 Like

Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by nairalandankrah: 4:02pm On Apr 23, 2021
Coronabirus:
Pantami has certificates from Harvard and MIT and he got them not more than 8yrs back.
US Ambassador of the time Pantami allegedly made those statements is in the right position to give this verdict.

USA ALSO TRAINED OSAMA BIN LADEN
Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by Asgard13: 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2021
This is one of the most foolish post on nairaland

Hausa Fulani no go shame me... haba!

Which kind dull brain be this.... so the matter don turn nin ..

Na wao for my people ... una too daft.
Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by Jamesbally: 4:38pm On Apr 23, 2021
IGBOS WON'T LIKE THIS NEWS cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pantami: U.S Pays More Attention To Terror Actions, Not Words, Thoughts by Maxymilliano(m): 4:47pm On Apr 23, 2021
Butt words translate into actions or where does action come from other than thoughts and words

(1) (Reply)

Message To The "We The South South" Charlatans / Watch Moment Gov El-rufai Breaks Down In Tears At COAS Burial (video) / BREAKING: Gunmen Abduct Igboho’s Wife, Kill Seven Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.