Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,613 members, 7,955,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:42 PM

Pls Help With This Bank Issue - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pls Help With This Bank Issue (1104 Views)

Be Careful, I Almost Got Scammed This Morning By This Bank / Firstbank; This Bank Wan Chop My Small Money Finished / Should I Get A Lawyer To Sue This Bank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help With This Bank Issue by pricy007(m): 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2021
Pls someone who just got a bank job asked for my help to set up an account with the bank so she can meet up with her target for her not to loose her job since they're complaining at work that she's not bringing genuine customers.

To cut the story short, I decided to help her by opening an account and make some deposit into it, she open the account for me 3 days ago and the same day I received the account number I made some transfer into the account, surprisingly this morning I received a call from a number telling me I opened an account with the exact bank and he's telling me all my informations which I've never shared with anyone before but basically the bank I used can only know, the caller was sending me a "one time password" which appears in the bank name and want me to give him, I don't fall for this tho but went to the bank to see the manager and also the lady.

I was been persuaded that its just normal random fraud attempt and glad I don't fall for it.

Pls my question now is could this be done if there's no insider who's informat from the bank or could we say it's coincidence because I make use of 2 other banks over 10 years now and I haven't received something like this before but the person who called said he's calling from the exactly bank and its just 3 days after I opened the account.
Re: Pls Help With This Bank Issue by madridguy(m): 4:31pm On Apr 23, 2021
tongue
Re: Pls Help With This Bank Issue by pricy007(m): 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2021
madridguy:
tongue
this is true pls and it happen to me, I've plan on withdrawing all the money from the account tho but I was surprised, was the lady trying to scam me or its just a coincidence as the bank manager says and still want me to keep banking with them and even encouraging me to bring them more of my rich friends
Re: Pls Help With This Bank Issue by pricy007(m): 7:51pm On Apr 23, 2021
Any suggestion about this
Re: Pls Help With This Bank Issue by Adam09: 9:04pm On Apr 23, 2021
It's not the fault of the banks. The banking system is very vulnerable. They are lots of compromise coming from places I can't even mention but definitely not the banks. With your BVN information about you can be elicited.
No bank will EVER call you and ask you to provide ANY information over the phone.
Pele!
This is all I can say.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help With This Bank Issue by pricy007(m): 10:00pm On Apr 23, 2021
Adam09:
It's not the fault of the banks. The banking system is very vulnerable. They are lots of compromise coming from places I can't even mention but definitely not the banks. With your BVN information about you can be elicited.
No bank will EVER call you and ask you to provide ANY information over the phone.
Pele!
This is all I can say.
heard you but of there's any compromise as you said why should it be from the bank account which was just newly opened and they telling me my details whereby I've been using other banks for years and nothing like this, the person tell me I opened the bank and telling me the details whereby I don't tell anyone about the step on opening the bank but just the lady
Re: Pls Help With This Bank Issue by Adam09: 10:43pm On Apr 23, 2021
pricy007:
heard you but of there's any compromise as you said why should it be from the bank account which was just newly opened and they telling me my details whereby I've been using other banks for years and nothing like this, the person tell me I opened the bank and telling me the details whereby I don't tell anyone about the step on opening the bank but just the lady

We have seen this case, again and again. This is no fault of the banks. All banks experience the same issue.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help With This Bank Issue by pricy007(m): 1:49am On Apr 24, 2021
Adam09:

We have seen this case, again and again. This is no fault of the banks. All banks experience the same issue.
okay I tnx for you reply but I'm still taking my money from there Sha
Re: Pls Help With This Bank Issue by maasoap(m): 6:59am On Apr 24, 2021
pricy007:
heard you but of there's any compromise as you said why should it be from the bank account which was just newly opened and they telling me my details whereby I've been using other banks for years and nothing like this, the person tell me I opened the bank and telling me the details whereby I don't tell anyone about
the step on opening the bank but just the lady

Don't waste your time with that bank or that branch, withdraw and close down the damn account. Telling you your details and mentioning the same branch where you opened the account just few days after the opening of the account! That's just too much for a coincidence. May be your account officer was careless with your details within or outside the banking hall because I don't want to accuse her of anything directly.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help With This Bank Issue by pricy007(m): 9:07pm On Apr 25, 2021
maasoap:

Don't waste your time with that bank or that branch, withdraw and close down the damn account. Telling you your details and mentioning the same branch where you opened the account just few days after the opening of the account! That's just too much for a coincidence. May be your account officer was careless with your details within or outside the banking hall because I don't want to accuse her of anything directly.
thank so much for this sir, this was just same thing I was thinking, personal information should be secure and not to be exposed in or outside the bank, 3 days interval is more that coincidence to me
Re: Pls Help With This Bank Issue by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:19pm On Apr 25, 2021
If you like yourself,just withdraw all the funds from that account,its an insider job.if within 3 days your details can be gotten ,if e reach 1 month you no sure say dem go wipe your account to zero.withdraw ur funds sharply.speaking from experience
Re: Pls Help With This Bank Issue by pricy007(m): 9:39pm On Apr 25, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
If you like yourself,just withdraw all the funds from that account,its an insider job.if within 3 days your details can be gotten ,if e reach 1 month you no sure say dem go wipe your account to zero.withdraw ur funds sharply.speaking from experience
okay bro, the bank manager was telling me they wikk frozen the account whereby I will be able to keep depositing money but money won't be able to be move out until I requested for the frozen to be lift off it but I'm so worried how can a new account be going through all that process for it to be safe for goodness sake, as you advice and my plan I will be there at the bank tomorrow to withdraw all my funds. Thanks
Re: Pls Help With This Bank Issue by andyanders: 10:59pm On Apr 25, 2021
pricy007:
okay I tnx for you reply but I'm still taking my money from there Sha
Good u never gave out ur details to the caller. For me, it's from them. Remove ur funds from ur a/c and keep #1k in the said a/c.
Re: Pls Help With This Bank Issue by pricy007(m): 6:13am On Apr 26, 2021
andyanders:
Good u never gave out ur details to the caller. For me, it's from them. Remove ur funds from ur a/c and keep #1k in the said a/c.
okay bro I will do as said
Re: Pls Help With This Bank Issue by Coolgent(m): 6:17am On Apr 26, 2021
pricy007:
Pls someone who just got a bank job asked for my help to set up an account with the bank so she can meet up with her target for her not to loose her job since they're complaining at work that she's not bringing genuine customers.

To cut the story short, I decided to help her by opening an account and make some deposit into it, she open the account for me 3 days ago and the same day I received the account number I made some transfer into the account, surprisingly this morning I received a call from a number telling me I opened an account with the exact bank and he's telling me all my informations which I've never shared with anyone before but basically the bank I used can only know, the caller was sending me a "one time password" which appears in the bank name and want me to give him, I don't fall for this tho but went to the bank to see the manager and also the lady.

I was been persuaded that its just normal random fraud attempt and glad I don't fall for it.

Pls my question now is could this be done if there's no insider who's informat from the bank or could we say it's coincidence because I make use of 2 other banks over 10 years now and I haven't received something like this before but the person who called said he's calling from the exactly bank and its just 3 days after I opened the account.
Be careful with that your so called friend!
Close that account asap
Re: Pls Help With This Bank Issue by pricy007(m): 7:04am On Apr 26, 2021
Coolgent:

Be careful with that your so called friend!
Close that account asap
it has been giving me concern ever since then, I'm getting myself prepare right now to be on my way to the bank

1 Like

Re: Pls Help With This Bank Issue by 27Pushing30: 11:48am On Apr 26, 2021
pricy007:

Drop the first letter of the bank... i wan confirm something
Re: Pls Help With This Bank Issue by ProudlyNGN: 12:24pm On Apr 26, 2021
27Pushing30:

Let me Guess...UBA

Their security check is very porous.
Customers data aren't safe. Their data is leaking through an insider that is working for fraudster.
Re: Pls Help With This Bank Issue by 27Pushing30: 2:07pm On Apr 26, 2021
ProudlyNGN:

Let me Guess...UBA

Customers data aren't safe. Their data is leaking through an insider that is working for fraudster.

Lol nah funny enough UBA wasn't on my mind.

It's just the way the story was told, I've been told same complaint before too by the husband regarding his wife's newly opened account (They're expats) and same issue.

Shows these fraudsters have really penetrated banks sha .
Re: Pls Help With This Bank Issue by pricy007(m): 4:20pm On Apr 26, 2021
27Pushing30:

the bank first letter is "U" to be straight the bank name is Uba
Re: Pls Help With This Bank Issue by pricy007(m): 4:23pm On Apr 26, 2021
ProudlyNGN:

Let me Guess...UBA

you guess right

(1) (Reply)

A Beautiful Curve Yellow Lady Caught After Sending A Fake Alert:video / Man Spot Abusing Nigeria Police Uniform. / Robber Who Specialize In Killing Okada Riders And Stealing Their Bike Caught

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.