Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? (24848 Views)

RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? / Zlatan Ibile - The Matter / How Much Does It Cost To Record A Song In A Studio? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by MusicGNG: 2:13am On Apr 24, 2021
The Year 2020 has come and gone, with the Pandemic; although still lingering around. 2020 was arguably the worst year for businessmen and women as almost every offline-based business faced challenges due to the Covid-19 Lockdown imposed in all Countries in the world which marred half of the year. Online Businesses were not left out as the Covid-19 Lockdown forced advertisers to pause their Campaigns.
The Pandemic Year was not a very good one for the Nigerian Music Industry, but Nigerian artists still found a way to drop Single hits, EP’s, and Albums which made waves and gave vibes to the Music fans. From top-charting Singles like Fireboy – New York City Girl, Rema – Beamer (Bad Boys), DJ Neptune ft Joeboy and Mr Eazi – Nobody, to Adekunle Gold – AG Baby, Simi – Duduke, Falz ft Ms Banks – Bop Daddy and others.

The Pandemic delayed the release of some albums by various Nigerian Artistes, but that didn’t stop them from releasing their albums as soon as the lockdown was eased. Some Notable Albums that made 2020 lively are; but not limited to these: Davido – A Better Time Album, Restless II EP By Simi, Kizz Daniel – King Of Love Album, Patoranking – Three Album, Zlatan – Road To CDK Album, Naira Marley – Lord Of Lamba EP, Fireboy – Laughter, Tears and Goose Bumps Album, Adekunle Gold – Afro Pop Volume 1 Album, Omah Lay – Get Layd EP, Olamide – Carpe Diem Album, Chike – Boo Of The Booless Album, Burna Boy – African Giant Album, etc. The Albums listed here were included in “MTV Base Naija Hottest 2020 Albums” Show which was held late last year.

Last year was quite a Good one for Leading Nigerian Afrobeats Superstar Davido, from his Biggest Jam ‘Fem’ to his A Better Time Album which was arguable the Hottest and Best Nigerian Album of 2020. Although the Album was well accepted by Nigerian and African music Lovers, MTV Base went ahead to rank it #5 on Hottest Albums of 2020 just below Olamide’s Carpe Diem Album. The main reason for this write-up was due to a comment by one of the Panelists who said he “Chose Olamide’s Carpe Diem Album as #4 over Davido’s A Better Time because Olamide Can’t drop that hit album and someone will just feature Lil Baby and NAS out of nowhere and expect to top the chart”.

I perceived some form of hate in that comment about Davido’s A Better Time Album and I was really pained when I heard that from the panellist, and I strongly believe that the same panellist will Hail and Place Wizkid’s Album at the top if he was to be the one that featured Lil Baby and Nas in some songs off his own Album; he’ll be like “Did you listen to Wizkid’s collaboration with Nas and Lil Baby? How about the one with Nicki Minaj?”, but because it’s Davido he sees and portrays the hits as ‘just common’. I see that as just ‘Discrediting Davido even when he achieves a big feat in the Music Industry. All Track on Davido’s A Better Time Album was a Hit, Back To Back; and I think the Album Deserves the #1 Spot based on Acceptance, Popularity and Smash-Hits. From Jowo to Holy Ground, To So Crazy, To Fade, To Birthday Cake, Special, Something Fishy, Shopping Spree, Sunlight, Fem and Then to The Best ft Mayorkun…

Source: https://tunezjam.com/news/3/why-does-it-not-matter-when-its-davido

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by MusicGNG: 2:14am On Apr 24, 2021
Davido's A Better Time Album was the #1 Album of 2020, No lie!! grin grin

Source: Tunezjam

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by falcon01: 3:18am On Apr 24, 2021
well 1. Davidos Voice is Not good 2. His Songs don't make sense same as 90% Nigerian songs 3. He is a rich kid who got all the tools to succeed in life

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by longetivity(m): 4:09am On Apr 24, 2021
MusicGNG:
Davido's A Better Time Album was the #1 Album of 2020, No lie!! grin grin
boo of the booless by chike is a better album than ABT

31 Likes

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by longetivity(m): 4:10am On Apr 24, 2021
Oga Laughter tears and goosebumps was released in 2019

7 Likes

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by longetivity(m): 4:12am On Apr 24, 2021
falcon01:
well
1. Davidos Voice is Not good
2. His Songs don't make sense same as 90% Nigerian songs
3. He is a rich kid who got all the tools to succeed in life
bro forget about him coming from a rich home, dude is hardworking

265 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by falcon01: 4:18am On Apr 24, 2021
longetivity:
bro forget about him coming from a rich home, dude is hardworking
Absolutely, his success is proof

105 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by espn(m): 4:59am On Apr 24, 2021
All Thrash abeg...I downloaded that A BETTER TIME ALBUM...but stopped listening to it after few tracks...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by Queenlovely(f): 9:39am On Apr 24, 2021
Maybe those students at Greenfield university were busy discussing useless topic like this until death came for them.

This is a time of crisis, let us put our heads together and secure our future,

we can always have 3 million davido,Wizkid in future.

davido has dual citizenship, he would fly out and leave you behind, he has nothing to lose,

stupid youth focus oh

132 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 24, 2021
Ok
Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by BruncleZuma: 9:40am On Apr 24, 2021
I just dey laff d fanboys fellatiating each other up there...
Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by Odewaleadesoye(m): 9:40am On Apr 24, 2021

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by doggedfighter(f): 9:41am On Apr 24, 2021
You don't decide what appeals to someone .

The panelist has made his choice.

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by Leun: 9:41am On Apr 24, 2021
Love davido.
Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by STEWpid(f): 9:41am On Apr 24, 2021
Davido is a young man and he's hardworking.

Remember, "if nobody talk about you, then you're nobody", in 2face's voice.
Lobatan!

7 Likes

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by mbahdi(m): 9:41am On Apr 24, 2021
X
Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by ugochukwufrenzy: 9:41am On Apr 24, 2021
a better time all the way,,this is a perfect description of a good album,,not the other one dat was mixing and combining different sounds making the album sound confused...

2 Likes

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by Whois(m): 9:42am On Apr 24, 2021
I didn't read the epistle but I Sha know Olamide’s Carpe Diem Album is far better than Davido's A Better Time

11 Likes

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by RedpillAnalyst: 9:42am On Apr 24, 2021
falcon01:
well
1. Davidos Voice is Not good
2. His Songs don't make sense same as 90% Nigerian songs
3. He is a rich kid who got all the tools to succeed in life

Right on point. He would have never been known if he was a son of a commoner.
Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by Adebaba1(m): 9:43am On Apr 24, 2021
Davido songs are top notch....no �

Lenovo thinkpad T460s laptop for sale
12gb
256ssd
Core i7
Touchscreen
Fingerprint
Backlight keyboard
Mint condition
Light but powerful

Price 220k

WhatsApp 07051923534
Call 08099576647

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by superjab247: 9:44am On Apr 24, 2021
espn:
All Thrash abeg...I downloaded that A BETTER TIME ALBUM...but stopped listening to it after few tracks...
right on track my brother,that's why I listen to Sean Paul backstreet boys Craig David black eyed peas Justin Timberlake Calvin Harris instead of all this trash Nigeria artist sings including that latest one from that mad man called naira Marley
I am cumming I am cumming

Just imagine the nonsense angry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by KingKingKing: 9:44am On Apr 24, 2021
Davido's ABT was hurriedly produced hence the disappointing outcome in terms of reception.

ABT only lasted for two weeks and it started getting off every chart.

MIL by Wizkid is still topping charts with every one from local artistes to International artistes jamming to the album.. It is still on billboard after so many weeks since its release.

Davido is good but still needs to work on giving us good Songs and not short lived noise.

Anyways the best album of last year was Carpe Diem by Olamide.

13 Likes

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by Hintona(f): 9:44am On Apr 24, 2021
People envy rich people so much. Simple!!

10 Likes

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by Vicotex(m): 9:44am On Apr 24, 2021
Wetin Davido dey sing?
I listened to his ABT album and regretted why I wasted my data to download that trash.
I rather listen to an upcoming artist all day than playing Davido's song /album.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by Bashnigga(m): 9:46am On Apr 24, 2021
longetivity:
Oga Laughter tears and goosebumps was released in 2019
Maybe he meant Apollo
Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by Anigreat: 9:46am On Apr 24, 2021
shocked

You see this Davido? my love for this niggar is unquenchable, i love him so much. no homo please.

He's one of the best

8 Likes

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by mannabbqgriIIz: 9:46am On Apr 24, 2021
because he is rich and Yoruba's are untouchable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi / Burna Boy Bags Grammy Award Nomination For Best Album. / Burna Boy, Tems And Rema Full 2023 NBA All-Star Game Halftime Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.