Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? (24892 Views)

RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? / Zlatan Ibile - The Matter / How Much Does It Cost To Record A Song In A Studio? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by Andersyndx: 1:26pm On Apr 24, 2021
Dthrone:

Bros how now try it already didn't work out
it works flawlessly unless your details hasn't been approved. Note, legit receive money from this platform too as 9ja no day allow foreign transfer again
Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by Dreyton36: 1:43pm On Apr 24, 2021
People who listen to davido's songs I don't take them serious
They can argue blindly and end up insulting you just bc they don't understand good music

Davido is very hardworking no doubt at all, but when it comes to raw talent forget it, he doesn't come close

It's just so unfortunate that wizkid, 2face, tiwa savage, burnaboy, omah lay are Nigerians , a country where 90% of the citizens don't understand what's true , else these aforementioned artists woulda been celebrated on a higher level if they were to be from either U.S.A OR THE U.K
Naija don't deserve them

If it's to even truly list out top 20 artists in Nigerian who's got raw talent honestly davido won't make the list , but I know his fans will surely come for me with insults but Emi kilo kan mi

See artists with raw talents here :

2face
Wande coal
Patoranking
9ice
Wizkid
Burnaboy
Tiwa savage
Omah lay
Kizz daniel
Chike
Ckay
Barry jhay
Rudeboy
Olamide
Solid star
Duncan mighty
ERIGGA
Demmie vee
Sean tizzle
Simi
Adekunle Gold
Reekado bankz
Flavour nabania
Phyno

The rest are still upcoming shikena

But when it comes to hardworking artists :

Davido
Olamide
Don jazzy

Moti soro tan oya hit me like brodashaggi

Lights up my kpoli in peace

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by Badadvisor: 2:07pm On Apr 24, 2021
Only jokers say A better time is a good album.
Fvcking below average,a good time was a better project.

Wizkid had the best album,check world and foreign stats up to today's date.
Not audiomack or op tunez naija or whatever.

Mil been number one and two consecutively since its debut on naija apple music.

David fans seems completely void of knowledge. What the fvck is audiomack. You can't even find songs of some notable artists on audiomack. Never.

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by Isobug: 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2021
Vicotex:
Wetin Davido dey sing?
I listened to his ABT album and regretted why I wasted my data to download that trash.
I rather listen to an upcoming artist all day than playing Davido's song /album.
Who de sing better one pass?
Hatred is Sin
Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 24, 2021
falcon01:
yo!! WhatsApp with you guys?? ain't I allowed to have an Opinion?? b*tch you dont even know me!!!

oga I don't want to know you
Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by PRODUTIM1(m): 4:47pm On Apr 24, 2021
Where is Pasuma album- MMM
MusicGNG:
The Year 2020 has come and gone, with the Pandemic; although still lingering around. 2020 was arguably the worst year for businessmen and women as almost every offline-based business faced challenges due to the Covid-19 Lockdown imposed in all Countries in the world which marred half of the year. Online Businesses were not left out as the Covid-19 Lockdown forced advertisers to pause their Campaigns.
The Pandemic Year was not a very good one for the Nigerian Music Industry, but Nigerian artists still found a way to drop Single hits, EP’s, and Albums which made waves and gave vibes to the Music fans. From top-charting Singles like Fireboy – New York City Girl, Rema – Beamer (Bad Boys), DJ Neptune ft Joeboy and Mr Eazi – Nobody, to Adekunle Gold – AG Baby, Simi – Duduke, Falz ft Ms Banks – Bop Daddy and others.

The Pandemic delayed the release of some albums by various Nigerian Artistes, but that didn’t stop them from releasing their albums as soon as the lockdown was eased. Some Notable Albums that made 2020 lively are; but not limited to these: Davido – A Better Time Album, Restless II EP By Simi, Kizz Daniel – King Of Love Album, Patoranking – Three Album, Zlatan – Road To CDK Album, Naira Marley – Lord Of Lamba EP, Fireboy – Laughter, Tears and Goose Bumps Album, Adekunle Gold – Afro Pop Volume 1 Album, Omah Lay – Get Layd EP, Olamide – Carpe Diem Album, Chike – Boo Of The Booless Album, Burna Boy – African Giant Album, etc. The Albums listed here were included in “MTV Base Naija Hottest 2020 Albums” Show which was held late last year.

Last year was quite a Good one for Leading Nigerian Afrobeats Superstar Davido, from his Biggest Jam ‘Fem’ to his A Better Time Album which was arguable the Hottest and Best Nigerian Album of 2020. Although the Album was well accepted by Nigerian and African music Lovers, MTV Base went ahead to rank it #5 on Hottest Albums of 2020 just below Olamide’s Carpe Diem Album. The main reason for this write-up was due to a comment by one of the Panelists who said he “Chose Olamide’s Carpe Diem Album as #4 over Davido’s A Better Time because Olamide Can’t drop that hit album and someone will just feature Lil Baby and NAS out of nowhere and expect to top the chart”.

I perceived some form of hate in that comment about Davido’s A Better Time Album and I was really pained when I heard that from the panellist, and I strongly believe that the same panellist will Hail and Place Wizkid’s Album at the top if he was to be the one that featured Lil Baby and Nas in some songs off his own Album; he’ll be like “Did you listen to Wizkid’s collaboration with Nas and Lil Baby? How about the one with Nicki Minaj?”, but because it’s Davido he sees and portrays the hits as ‘just common’. I see that as just ‘Discrediting Davido even when he achieves a big feat in the Music Industry. All Track on Davido’s A Better Time Album was a Hit, Back To Back; and I think the Album Deserves the #1 Spot based on Acceptance, Popularity and Smash-Hits. From Jowo to Holy Ground, To So Crazy, To Fade, To Birthday Cake, Special, Something Fishy, Shopping Spree, Sunlight, Fem and Then to The Best ft Mayorkun…

Source: https://tunezjam.com/news/3/why-does-it-not-matter-when-its-davido
Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by Johel(m): 7:16pm On Apr 24, 2021
longetivity:
bro forget about him coming from a rich home, dude is hardworking

Are you not hardworking?..He knows money can finish,so man must keep working...He wants to be even richer than his father,Davido wants to be Number one... everybody wants to be number one...it's no Big deal...Remember,money can make it all seem like one is hardworking..Davido is just enjoying himself,music is enjoyment when there's money and massive fame....so kindly drop the "he's hardworking" gist somewhere please...Thank you...He's not the first nor the last rich kid to be a singer and also into business..
Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by OLABOY8495(m): 8:07pm On Apr 24, 2021
KingKingKing:
Davido's ABT was hurriedly produced hence the disappointing outcome in terms of reception.

ABT only lasted for two weeks and it started getting off every chart.

MIL by Wizkid is still topping charts with every one from local artistes to International artistes jamming to the album.. It is still on billboard after so many weeks since its release.

Davido is good but still needs to work on giving us good Songs and not short lived noise.

Anyways the best album of last year was Carpe Diem by Olamide.
Please Where U Get That Facts From.
Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by RedpillAnalyst: 2:20am On Apr 25, 2021
Starchy7:

Cuppy is not a daughter of a commoner but is she so recognised?
Exclusive is not a son of a commoner but is he so recognised?
B Red is not a son of a commoner but is he so recognised?
Guy in this music industry, if you dont have good music to give out,, nothing for you oo irrespective of who your father be! Who send your papa??
Ok davido's dad is rich, who gives two bleeps about him? Na him father money de make people listen to him music? Una go just yarn de dust

DJs and Vjays are not artists, DJ don't get Grammy awards or any sensible recognition they just tag along artists
Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by Yahman1(m): 5:33pm On Apr 25, 2021
Dreyton36:
People who listen to davido's songs I don't take them serious
They can argue blindly and end up insulting you just bc they don't understand good music

Davido is very hardworking no doubt at all, but when it comes to raw talent forget it, he doesn't come close

It's just so unfortunate that wizkid, 2face, tiwa savage, burnaboy, omah lay are Nigerians , a country where 90% of the citizens don't understand what's true , else these aforementioned artists woulda been celebrated on a higher level if they were to be from either U.S.A OR THE U.K
Naija don't deserve them

If it's to even truly list out top 20 artists in Nigerian who's got raw talent honestly davido won't make the list , but I know his fans will surely come for me with insults but Emi kilo kan mi

See artists with raw talents here :

2face
Wande coal
Patoranking
9ice
Wizkid
Burnaboy
Tiwa savage
Omah lay
Kizz daniel
Chike
Ckay
Barry jhay
Rudeboy
Olamide
Solid star
Duncan mighty
ERIGGA
Demmie vee
Sean tizzle
Simi
Adekunle Gold
Reekado bankz
Flavour nabania
Phyno

The rest are still upcoming shikena

But when it comes to hardworking artists :

Davido
Olamide
Don jazzy

Moti soro tan oya hit me like brodashaggi

Lights up my kpoli in peace
This is the raw Truth David fans Don't like

accepting

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by Raphael81(m): 6:27am On Apr 28, 2021
Dilanom9:
Visit my signature if you bet on football matches.

Beware of this scammer with multiple accounts, God's judgment will hit him before the end of 2021.
Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by Mark113(m): 4:35pm On May 05, 2021
undecidedDavido and wack songs will be like amala and owedu
Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by Jehmah: 2:39am On May 13, 2022
falcon01:
well
1. Davidos Voice is Not good
2. His Songs don't make sense same as 90% Nigerian songs
3. He is a rich kid who got all the tools to succeed in life

That's a bullshit answer.
I don't listen to davido's songs because he's a rich kid. I listen to it because its dope and I love it and embrace it just like everyone else.

Its not his fault he was born in a rich family(which i'm very happy for). But it is a dumb reason to hate someone and belittle their hardwork.

Nigerians should change d way they reason. God gave him a privilege from birth to succeed. And I'm happy he's using it well.
Haters will hate even though they don't realize it.

It's disgusting when I hear ppl say shit like this. And if u know anything about music. U ought to know he has a very unique vocal range when he sings. Most reaction videos I watch by foreigners have confirmed this. (Davido has a nice vocal) if no one is happy with it that's their problem. D guy is still famous, he's still reach and he is gaining alot of love and respect. He's life is easy. And he's not prideful. He's an influencer.
Re: Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? by falcon01: 6:13am On May 13, 2022
Jehmah:

That's a bullshit answer.
I don't listen to davido's songs because he's a rich kid. I listen to it because its dope and I love it and embrace it just like everyone else.

Its not his fault he was born in a rich family(which i'm very happy for). But it is a dumb reason to hate someone and belittle their hardwork.

Nigerians should change d way they reason. God gave him a privilege from birth to succeed. And I'm happy he's using it well.
Haters will hate even though they don't realize it.

It's disgusting when I hear ppl say shit like this. And if u know anything about music. U ought to know he has a very unique vocal range when he sings. Most reaction videos I watch by foreigners have confirmed this. (Davido has a nice vocal) if no one is happy with it that's their problem. D guy is still famous, he's still reach and he is gaining alot of love and respect. He's life is easy. And he's not prideful. He's an influencer.
I listen to some of his song, they got good melodies. But his songs just like Nigerian songs don't make sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi / Mp3 : King Monada – Malwedhe / Kanye West Releases 'Jesus Is King' Album

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.