Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,457 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance (44106 Views)

67-Year-Old Russian Mum Hired Hitman To Kill Her Children Over Inheritance / Extortionist Poses For The Camera After FUTA Students Beat Him (Graphic Pics) / Woman Goes Berserk, Sets Sister, Three Others On Fire Over Inheritance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by Tannhauser(m): 1:13pm On Apr 24, 2021
brownemmanuel43:
What a wicked world we live in, so much trouble in this world.
Come to think of it, I hv this feelings that the wife contributed to the problem, I know what some women can do.
In as much as we hv wicked souls on this earth, I believe during the sharing formula maybe the husband might hv agreed but the wife wouldn't let it be like that, I'm talking from experience of what women can do.
Now baba dun join en ancestors bcs of sharing formula

You are a wise man. My thoughts exactly �

1 Like

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by meobizy(f): 1:40pm On Apr 24, 2021
Somebody should summarize the write-up. I don’t care to read something where the writer doesn’t know ‘he’ is for the male gender while ‘she’ goes for females.
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by maasoap(m): 1:47pm On Apr 24, 2021
post=101069920:

May God never allow us to have an evil family member that will lead us to our death

However, the state police spokesperson, Orlando Ikeokwu, said that a report available to the police indicated that the late Chinonso was after her mother to kill her over disagreements in the sharing of their father’s property.
“Preliminary investigation reveals that the late Chinonso was protesting the formula used in the sharing of their father’s property. As a result of which he took a machete and threatened to cut his mum. His sister, Chioma Emenyionu, then called their other brothers, Chigbu, Mishark, and Shedrack Emenyionu, all of whom arrived at the scene and descended on the late Chinonso and beat him to stupor. Consequently, he was rushed to the hospital where he was confirmed dead.
The deceased was the one who used a machete to inflict injury on my hand. It was in his second attempt to cut me that one of the twins hit him with a stick and he fell down. The incident is regrettable.”

A family meeting was held and it was agreed that the first son should take a plot and half while the remaining three of us who are males should take a plot each. But our eldest brother disagreed and insisted he would take two and half plots. It was agreed that the male children should continue to live in our father’s house until we build our own houses and leave the house for the first son. But he found that uncomfortable.”

Greedy bastard. But they should have left all the properties for him instead of getting provoked to commit murder
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by maasoap(m): 1:59pm On Apr 24, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
I blamed the Igbo inheritance sharing culture for this

Imagine when the first born is entitled to lion share of inheritance or females are not consider human enough to enjoy their fathers labour

Very good one from your grandfather

I have a friend who usually says Lagos is too tough he will go back to the village and collect all his late father farms, houses and sell them to help himself,. I ask about his siblings he said they were not his business nor problem

He claimed he's the first born hence the rightful owner of everything, this is someone whose father last born is still in secondary school yet unwilling to give her anything because she is a female that don't deserve inheritance

Can I blame his siblings of same father same mother if they poison him? Of cause I can't

The Igbo need to really come together and do things right, if not most family better be ready for the death of their first born

Cc @mpesa

You did notice that the name of the police woman wasn't mentioned in the sharing arrangement of the land and the house?

2 Likes

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by Nickymezor(f): 2:02pm On Apr 24, 2021
Hmmm , wat a family.
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by maasoap(m): 2:17pm On Apr 24, 2021
MPESA:

Not all Igbos , my grandfather gave all his children including the women among them , my mother get more than 6 plots of landed property from him. BTW he shared his wealth when he was alive and only asked them to take over whenever he's gone... So everyone among them know his or her own Shares before the man join his accesstors 18-20 yrs ago.

This is about culture and tradition, not about your grandfather. Your grandfather knew what was at stake if he died without sharing everything among his children. Your mother wouldn't have gotten anything if not for that decision that your grandfather took. That aspect of the culture and tradition needs to be addressed, otherwise cases like this will be witnessed again and again.

2 Likes

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by maasoap(m): 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2021
Kobicove:
There's more to this story than what is written here...

In Igbo land no sibling would dare challenge the first son except if he has done something really bad

You're referring to the last century. Some tradition doesn't belong to the modern age and people are bound to rebel against it. The results will always be like this.

2 Likes

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by jagorinho: 3:20pm On Apr 24, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
you must be mumu i am working to retired at 50th, then I live the rest of my life watching necked ladies at Bermuda Beach ⛱
lol ,must you insult? we are just playing here nevertheless your plan of watching naked ladies on the beach in the Bahamas after retiring sounds juicy but I don't think your wife would be comfortable with that but eeehn let me ask you a question , do you intend watching those naked ladies only or would you love to watch and touch?

1 Like

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by EndBuhariNow(m): 3:36pm On Apr 24, 2021
jagorinho:

lol ,must you insult? we are just playing here nevertheless your plan of watching naked ladies on the beach in the Bahamas after retiring sounds juicy but I don't think your wife would be comfortable with that but eeehn let me ask you a question , do you intend watching those naked ladies only or would you love to watch and touch?
sorry for the insult, anyway i love watching and touching.. Madan don't have any problem with that, after all nah part of the retirement package. We don't need to die for our children after all no one died for me

1 Like

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by Xantel(f): 3:57pm On Apr 24, 2021
Igbos and inheritance undecided
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by openmine(m): 4:34pm On Apr 24, 2021
hmmmmm.....too bad!
After my dad's death,some of my uncles took over some of his property esp his building at the village!
I remember my mother telling me never to fight over any property with anyone....that i should work hard and acquire mine!
Today i am happy i took that decision and i now have mine!
Shey they(Uncles) are the ones begging me and my siblings to come and take back my late dad's property after more than 15 years grin grin grin
Them never chichumchin.....let them swallow it!
Greedy fellas tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by sylve11: 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Look at the bolded phrase. I was just writing about the barbaric ibo culture which recognizes only the first son as the legitimate child in the family who inherits everything. Lol. This is the result. Congrats!

Also, look at the bolded first part of a paragraph which emphasized on having a male child. Bas.tard culture. Yet, this region wants to lead Nigeria again.

it has always been so my brother. cool
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by brownemmanuel43(m): 4:46pm On Apr 24, 2021
Tannhauser:

You are a wise man. My thoughts exactly �
She is now playing the victim's card, trust women at your own peril.
I don't pity any man that died bcs in the course of anything pertaining to woman unless is your mother.
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by adenigga(m): 5:09pm On Apr 24, 2021
Xantel:
Igbos and inheritance undecided

.......Like 5 & 6

Let me run commot for that lane....

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by captain247: 7:12pm On Apr 24, 2021
How can siblings of same parents gang up to kill their own blood? undecided if it were to be a polygamous home we will understand where the hatred is coming from but again the mother of all the children didn't do well at all and that's why the other siblings murdered the first son. She took side in the matter probably she didn't like the child that open her womb.

1 Like

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by galantjoe(m): 3:15am On Apr 25, 2021
Igbo inheritance is always mired with issues. First sons are always greedy, they like taking lion share or everything and leave nothing to their siblings.

How can someone born equal to each other just because he is first to be born will take all properties of his father and mother and be the owner and if he like he will apportion to his other siblings if he wishes.

This guy, if the case is investigated, the dead person must be like be the first to use cutlass and weapons to fight. Even his wife was not even beaten by his sister, she called her husband to his death over the property.
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by PissfulProtester: 7:13am On Apr 26, 2021
brown3:
your entire village are animals that why Yoruba village are littered with bastards. 97% of afonja Muslims are bastards.
mumu, which region get bastards pass south East? Is this not the reason majority of you lack parental upbringing? All you care about is money. That's your god!

1 Like

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by adenigga(m): 7:46am On Apr 26, 2021
PissfulProtester:
mumu, which region get bastards pass south East? Is this not the reason majority of you lack parental upbringing? All you care about is money. That's your god!

Guys!, please restrain from names calling.
For peace sake!
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by Sterope(f): 7:26am On Apr 29, 2021
That was why I said that parenting matters. You need to find a balance. You cat be too hard or to soft.
EndBuhariNow:
do i have to kill my self because I want to be a good parent... be soft on them , and u end up bleeding first class ediots
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by bukatyne(f): 4:43pm On May 27, 2021
What a sad story.

People should know when to back off from a fight.

Nothing is worth someone's life.

I hope the widow finds a source of income asap and forget 'inheriting' anything from the family.

A family who can gang up to kill their brother on purpose or in self-defense would use you and your kids to do Suya.

1 Like

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by angelfallz(m): 4:51pm On May 27, 2021
When I say I'm probably not going to leave any inheritance for my kids, it would sound as if I'm wicked.
People who have their own wealth don't fight over their father's own.
It's lazy People, that fight over their father's properties.

bukatyne:
What a sad story.

People should know when to back off from a fight.

Nothing is worth someone's life.

I hope the widow finds a source of income asap and forget 'inheriting' anything from the family.

A family who can gang up to kill their brother on purpose or in self-defense would use you and your kids to do Suya.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Burial Photos Of Chuks Okebata, U.S Army Veteran Killed By Gunmen In Imo State / Bus Conductor And Passenger Fight In A Gutter Over Change In Lagos (pic/video) / Two Yahoo Boys Arrested In Oyo By EFCC (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.