Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,753 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! (3164 Views)

Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year / Shocking:obasanjo Begs To Live For An Additional 10yrs / Obasanjo Begs Boko Haram Leader's Family For Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by seanet02: 10:27am On Apr 22, 2011
Forgive PDP, OBJ begs Ogun people
…Decries infrastructural decay in the state
By Moshood Adebayo, Abeokuta
Friday, April 22, 2011

Former president Olusegun Obasanjo has urged the people of Ogun State to forgive the Peoples Democratic Party for its misdeeds in the past eight years. He said the party had been repositioned for future challenges.

Obasanjo also assessed the social amenities in Ogun State and concluded that the eight years of Otunba Gbenga Daniel were nothing but a huge failure.

Obasanjo who spoke at the popular Itoku Market Cenotaph in Abeokuta, during a campaign rally organized by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), also decried the high level of infrastructural decay in the state.
The PDP chieftain also laid claim to the dualisation of Lagos-Sagamu carriage way and Lagos –Abeokuta Expressway.

The former president spoke in the presence of other PDP leaders in the South-west including the Vice-Chairman, Tajudeen Oladipupo, Senator Yinka Omilani, former governor of Osun State, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola. Obasanjo who spoke in Yoruba language thanked party supporters and added that the PDP in the state had been repositioned for the last leg of the election.

While decrying the deplorable condition of roads in Abeokuta metropolis, Obasanjo blamed the perennial water scarcity in Ogun State on the failure of the state government to remit its own N1billion counterpart funding to complement N1billion provision he made into the budget as a President.

He also described the reduction in the school fees of tertiary institutions in the state as a belated effort by the state government, adding that Governor Daniel was on a last minute rush to impress the people of the state. He however advised the masses of Ogun State not to be deceived but should vote right.
Other leaders of the PDP who spoke during the rally appealed to the people of the state to forgive the party of its misdeeds in the past eight years, and vote for PDP during the Tuesday governorship election.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/apr/22/national-22-04-2011-019.htm

Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by violent(m): 10:34am On Apr 22, 2011
just wondering if this dude is still laughing
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by ektbear: 6:19pm On Apr 22, 2011
lmao
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Katsumoto: 6:26pm On Apr 22, 2011
For all his strategic brilliance, OBJ is nothing but a selfish mother f. In his bid to remain the most influential Odua son, he gave the west the most incompetent and fraudulent governors and ministers. He should go and drink garri. PDP will be kicked out of every Odua state whether he likes it or not.
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Rhino5dm: 6:27pm On Apr 22, 2011
I dey laugh o!

very stvpid senile old foool.
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by jason123: 6:29pm On Apr 22, 2011
Hmmm . . lol
As I have said before, its only the SW, the North and the SS that know what they want from Nigeria and are handling their destiny by their hands. Others are simply follow these regions.
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Kobojunkie: 6:30pm On Apr 22, 2011
violent:

He is still laughing. All this is, is so come next election, there will not be serious opposition to maintaining PDP in the region. For pete's sake the SW handed the country into the hands of the same PDP he is pretending to beg on behalf of.
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by seanet02: 6:31pm On Apr 22, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

I dey laugh o!

very stvpid senile old foool.
GBAM
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 22, 2011
Well Obj taught us well in Ogun, this time round we choose to emulate him. Sick, vengeful agbaya oshi angry angry angry
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by gists: 6:36pm On Apr 22, 2011
violent:

I think he said something like "is everything a laughing matter?"
What a clown; make him just sharap  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Kilode1: 6:39pm On Apr 22, 2011
Eniyan jakujaku of Owu angry

We will deal with you later, for now we need to focus on removing your rotten legacy from our cities.
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by dayokanu(m): 6:40pm On Apr 22, 2011
Abeg still dey laff ooo

You wont die you would live long and your eyes would see rederede
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by seanet02: 6:43pm On Apr 22, 2011
dayokanu:

Abeg still dey laff ooo

You wont die you would live long and your eyes would see rederede

Eye se epe mo amo eyi te seyi
"Aro Aro Mo"
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Kilode1: 6:45pm On Apr 22, 2011
seanet02:

Eye se epe mo amo eyi te seyi
"Aro Aro Mo"

Lagbara Ele'dua
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by AljUche: 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

is obj was for yorubas not nigeria for him to be begging yorubas alon and not nigerians

so who is jonathna for then, Nigeria or SS/SE lipsrsealed
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by efisher(m): 6:49pm On Apr 22, 2011
Obj is playing the Buhari card. His begging sounds like Buhari's crying. These ex-military generals are overdue for roles in Hollywood (yes not Nollywood)!
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Kobojunkie: 6:51pm On Apr 22, 2011
Gosh . . . some comments make one wonder what the heck . . .
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Katsumoto: 6:54pm On Apr 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Gosh . . . some comments make one wonder what the heck . . .

Your comment is ambivalent; you need to be more direct and specific.
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Bassey131: 8:48pm On Apr 22, 2011
Katsumoto
Kyoto

Offline Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry!
« #3 on: Today at 06:26:39 PM »
For all his strategic brilliance, OBJ is nothing but a selfish mother f. In his bid to remain the most influential Odua son, he gave the west the most incompetent and fraudulent governors and ministers. He should go and drink garri. PDP will be kicked out of every Odua state whether he likes it or not.

@ Katsumoto,
I thought he had already done that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeEHosU2_g0
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Ibime(m): 9:21pm On Apr 22, 2011
Some politicians are just adrenaline junkies. Instead of this man to kick back and enjoy his looted billions, he is trying to play local Champion. Mr OBJ can never be forgiven for enthroning the likes of Adedibu and all his dogs in the SW.
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 22, 2011
Ibime:

Some politicians are just adrenaline junkies. Instead of this man to kick back and enjoy his looted billions, he is trying to play local Champion. Mr OBJ can never be forgiven for enthroning the likes of Adedibu and all his dogs in the SW.

Exactly.

This man is just disgusting, may God never forgive him and his children. Just because the Governorship election is coming up, he's begging for forgiveness. I hope SW'ners are not this gullible.

Ahhh!!! For this sneaky move, God punish him well well. SW'ners must wash the likes of him and his children out of politics. Old foolish man.
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 22, 2011
1) Who can connect me with area boys in Ogun?

2) What is OBJ's address?

Agbaya will not respect himself. Old man that needs to sit and shut up somewhere.

How can he be an enemy of progress after all what the SW has been through? Na which kain sin did Nigerians  commit for God to punish us with this cruel monster?
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 22, 2011
OBJ took the SW back by 50 yrs. Its gonna take a lot of visionary leadership to get the region back on track.
I can't understand y an elderly man would be so vengeful. In his concorted mind, he probably thinks he's punished d SW for not voting him.
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Ystranger: 2:56am On Apr 24, 2011

he gave the west the most incompetent and fraudulent governors and ministers. He should go and drink garri. PDP will be kicked out of every Odua state whether he likes it or not.

I totally disagree with that, and to add, I take issue with it. OGD, as far as we know, from his antecedents before he became Governor, and even with his performance as Governor, is NOT incompetent. 

Fraudulent? not anymore than any other governor or minister, of other parties,  in Nigeria today.
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Ystranger: 3:00am On Apr 24, 2011

Exactly.

This man is just disgusting, may God never forgive him and his children. Just because the Governorship election is coming up, he's begging for forgiveness. I hope SW'ners are not this gullible.

Ahhh!!! For this sneaky move, God punish him well well. SW'ners must wash the likes of him and his children out of politics. Old foolish man.

In your opinion, as ileke-idi, not as kobojunkie's mouthpiece, what has OBJ done wrong?

Why the curse?
He is still the defacto Yoruba leader, whether Yorubas like it or not
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Chyz2: 3:03am On Apr 24, 2011
Typical yoruba always on their knees. Hey, but who am i to care about their culture. grin
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Ystranger: 3:05am On Apr 24, 2011
Chyz*:

Typical yoruba always on their knees. Hey, but who am i to care about their culture. grin

Just like Okadigbo begging us and running away with the Mace like a little girl? What do i know, this is Nairaland, where every Ibo man is a four-star general, with 4 Ph.Ds and a Nobel. grin
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Katsumoto: 3:25am On Apr 24, 2011
Ystranger:

I totally disagree with that, and to add, I take issue with it. OGD, as far as we know, from his antecedents before he became Governor, and even with his performance as Governor, is NOT incompetent. 

Fraudulent? not anymore than any other governor or minister, of other parties,  in Nigeria today.

Who cares about his antecedents prior to becoming governor? What were his antecedents? OGD is as incompetent as they come; what did he achieve in Ogun? You want to praise a man who couldn't leverage the geographical proximity of Ogun to Lagos. The same buffoon who used a minority of law makers to over-rule a majority. Please don't get me started on OGD.
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by ektbear: 3:30am On Apr 24, 2011
Katsumoto:

Who cares about his antecedents prior to becoming governor? What were his antecedents? OGD is as incompetent as they come; what did he achieve in Ogun? You want to praise a man who couldn't leverage the geographical proximity of Ogun to Lagos.

Thank you. How fvcking hard can it be to govern Ogun State? Who wouldn't want to have a huge market of 20 million people nearby? It should be one of the richest states in Nigeria, but is managed terribly.

OGD should doused with gasoline and set on fire.
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Katsumoto: 3:39am On Apr 24, 2011
ekt_bear:

Thank you. How fvcking hard can it be to govern Ogun State? Who wouldn't want to have a huge market of 20 million people nearby? It should be one of the richest states in Nigeria, but is managed terribly.

OGD should doused with gasoline and set on fire.

The idiot was caught in the UK about 6 yrs ago with money he couldn't account for. It was OBJ the monkey who rescued him. He had to spend the money on right-handed trucks. Even though most people did not know why he bought right-handed trucks, they could have questioned why he bought trucks that weren't suitable for Nigerian roads, instead they praised him for supplying inappropriate trucks.

Too many people without brains in Naija.
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Ystranger: 4:26am On Apr 24, 2011
Katsumoto:

Who cares about his antecedents prior to becoming governor?

The past matters. Politics is always about the future and what people do in their private lives serve as pointers to how they would behave as public officers. Bloomberg did not just become Mayor overnight? Or did he? He became Mayor because he was a successful business man

What were his antecedents?

I dont know of your experience with Nigeria. There are very few self -startups in Nigeria. Most successful companies, at least the more popular ones, are often foreign owned, or owned by foreign trained owners.

OGD broke that myth. He is solely Nigerian trained and built his company from the ground up with his sweat and hardwork, with almost little or no foreign input. I take that seriously because I have seen a lot of politicians and business men who survive mainly because of the connection to the Military or some outside influence. For him to have survived by sheer determination and hardwork, says a lot about his administrative skill.

From his Biography: ".   .   . However, Otunba Daniel was not done yet. A firm believer in the precept “Who Dares, Wins” he harnessed, in 1990, his extensive skills in vertical transportation engineering, power generation and general engineering in search of greater challenges and a wider field to plough – Kresta Laurel was born! Within three years of its existence, Kresta Laurel became a household name, blazing the trail in a world dominated by foreign corporate giants. IT can be said that today, in one out of every three offices in Nigeria, there is Kresta Laurel device, elevating people to greater heights, generating light where public utilities fail, and providing leverage towards vantage positions.  .  . "

I am not a business man, at least not a large scale business man, I do know that the business terrain in Nigeria is rough. For him to have competed and out bid JB in some/certain projects, to me, is a big deal, and a testament to his ability as a business man. And, someone to be proud of as a Nigerian.

OGD is as incompetent as they come;

Incompetent: someone who lacks the ability or skills to do something. I dont think he lacks the ability to be a state governor. You can argue that he wasnt effective as a governor, which I would not disagree with. But, to state that he was incompetent, I dont think you are being fair to him. Perhaps, you are confusing him with someone else.

what did he achieve in Ogun? You want to praise a man who couldn't leverage the geographical proximity of Ogun to Lagos. The same buffoon who used a minority of law makers to over-rule a majority. Please don't get me started on OGD.

I am not an indigene of Ogun-State, but I was there when he was campaigning in 2003. He promised to change the face of Ogun, including "leverage[ing]  the geographical proximity of Ogun to Lagos" for the betterment of Ogun-State. Fortuitously, just a matter of days ago, I watched the Governorship aspirant of PPN, his new party, promise the same thing; that is "leverage the geographical proximity of Ogun to Lagos," for the betterment of the Ogun-people.

So why didnt he achieve his aim? Well, a list of his achievements can be found onhis website, which i dont have to re-list here, But on the bigger issue regarding his effectiveness as a governor, I dont think the problem is OGD per se.  The problem, IMO, has to do with the system. The system as it is being operated, at present,  does not have enough checks and balances, in part due to our lack of familiarity with the "new" style of Government we now have. Most of us, including a lot of "law-makers" have very little understanding, beyond collecting their pay-checks at the end of the month, of their roles in this "new" system.

The other issue is  "Big-manism / God father-ism." This, I think was OGD's greatest undoing. His unwillingness to be played around by OBJ, Kuye et al was the genesis of his political problems which spilled over to him not seeing eye-to-eye with the legislators. Hence, the grid-lock in Ogun-State.  

In the final analysis, I dont think OGD was a bad manager. I think that only very few people would have survived the circumstances/power-play he operated under. Removing OGD or castigating him would not solve the problem, the next Governor of Ogun-State, mark my words, would not do better than him. The next Governor of Ogun-state would, like OGD, be controlled by a god-father, and most likely one of the following: Tinubu, OBJ or OGD. Of all the three, the best option is Amosun, not because he is from ACN and definitely not because he has better ideas. He is the best option because he would, on paper, get along with the legislators far better than the other two would.; that is, if he is not remitting half of Ogun-state's IGR to Tinubu's swiss account.
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by ektbear: 4:30am On Apr 24, 2011
If the price for good governance in Yorubaland is 10% of the IGR going to Tinubu, I'll take it.

It is mindboggling to me that the ACN can deliver so much better performance than the PDP in Yorubaland despite having this Tinubu handicap.

I'm tired of excuses for failures like OGD, a man who should be executed for crimes against the people.

Naija may very well fall apart in 4 or 8 years time. We need good governance now. The stakes are too high.

No more excuses. We want results.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Pictured Frying Kose(beans Cake) And Yam / Are The Japanese Descended From Ancient NIGERIANS? / Oh my Gosh! See what this couple did to themselves In UK!! See man and woman...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.