Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! (3166 Views)

Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year / Shocking:obasanjo Begs To Live For An Additional 10yrs / Obasanjo Begs Boko Haram Leader's Family For Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Katsumoto: 1:55pm On Apr 24, 2011
Ystranger:

The past matters. Politics is always about the future and what people do in their private lives serve as pointers to how they would behave as public officers. Bloomberg did not just become Mayor overnight? Or did he? He became Mayor because he was a successful business man

I dont know of your experience with Nigeria. There are very few self -startups in Nigeria. Most successful companies, at least the more popular ones, are often foreign owned, or owned by foreign trained owners.

OGD broke that myth. He is solely Nigerian trained and built his company from the ground up with his sweat and hardwork, with almost little or no foreign input. I take that seriously because I have seen a lot of politicians and business men who survive mainly because of the connection to the Military or some outside influence. For him to have survived by sheer determination and hardwork, says a lot about his administrative skill.

From his Biography: ".   .   . However, Otunba Daniel was not done yet. A firm believer in the precept “Who Dares, Wins” he harnessed, in 1990, his extensive skills in vertical transportation engineering, power generation and general engineering in search of greater challenges and a wider field to plough – Kresta Laurel was born! Within three years of its existence, Kresta Laurel became a household name, blazing the trail in a world dominated by foreign corporate giants. IT can be said that today, in one out of every three offices in Nigeria, there is Kresta Laurel device, elevating people to greater heights, generating light where public utilities fail, and providing leverage towards vantage positions.  .  . "

I am not a business man, at least not a large scale business man, I do know that the business terrain in Nigeria is rough. For him to have competed and out bid JB in some/certain projects, to me, is a big deal, and a testament to his ability as a business man. And, someone to be proud of as a Nigerian.

Incompetent: someone who lacks the ability or skills to do something. I dont think he lacks the ability to be a state governor. You can argue that he wasnt effective as a governor, which I would not disagree with. But, to state that he was incompetent, I dont think you are being fair to him. Perhaps, you are confusing him with someone else.

I am not an indigene of Ogun-State, but I was there when he was campaigning in 2003. He promised to change the face of Ogun, including "leverage[ing]  the geographical proximity of Ogun to Lagos" for the betterment of Ogun-State. Fortuitously, just a matter of days ago, I watched the Governorship aspirant of PPN, his new party, promise the same thing; that is "leverage the geographical proximity of Ogun to Lagos," for the betterment of the Ogun-people.

So why didnt he achieve his aim? Well, a list of his achievements can be found onhis website, which i dont have to re-list here, But on the bigger issue regarding his effectiveness as a governor, I dont think the problem is OGD per se.  The problem, IMO, has to do with the system. The system as it is being operated, at present,  does not have enough checks and balances, in part due to our lack of familiarity with the "new" style of Government we now have. Most of us, including a lot of "law-makers" have very little understanding, beyond collecting their pay-checks at the end of the month, of their roles in this "new" system.

The other issue is  "Big-manism / God father-ism." This, I think was OGD's greatest undoing. His unwillingness to be played around by OBJ, Kuye et al was the genesis of his political problems which spilled over to him not seeing eye-to-eye with the legislators. Hence, the grid-lock in Ogun-State.  

In the final analysis, I dont think OGD was a bad manager. I think that only very few people would have survived the circumstances/power-play he operated under. Removing OGD or castigating him would not solve the problem, the next Governor of Ogun-State, mark my words, would not do better than him. The next Governor of Ogun-state would, like OGD, be controlled by a god-father, and most likely one of the following: Tinubu, OBJ or OGD. Of all the three, the best option is Amosun, not because he is from ACN and definitely not because he has better ideas. He is the best option because he would, on paper, get along with the legislators far better than the other two would.; that is, if he is not remitting half of Ogun-state's IGR to Tinubu's swiss account.

Na wa for your impassioned defence of OGD. So OGD was hindered by godfathers in taking development to Ogun but the same godfathers did not hinder him from stealing from the cookie jar. Can we stop making excuses for those that have failed the SW. In as much as I want corruption eliminated from Nigeria, I will take a corrupt but performing governor/official over a corrupt but incompetent official.

Stranger, you clearly do not know the history of Kresta laurel. Saying that OGD built that solely company on his managerial skills without assistance from friends in high places is analogous to Dangote becoming a billionaire without government enforced monopolies that several of his companies operate in.

The fact is that OGD had 8 years to do something worthwhile in Ogun state and did f0ck all. Let me tell you OGD's achievement in 8 years

1. He stole several millions from the purse of Ogun State
2. He forced law makers to swear oaths to him in an occultic setting
3. He was caught attempting to smuggle money into the UK but was bailed out by OBJ AND EVEN WHEN FORCED TO SPEND THE MONEY, the idiot could only buy right-hand British trucks
4. He usurped the constitution by not accepting the vote of a majority in the house bringing the office of governor to disrepute
5. ETC but I stop here

OGD was one of the worst governors in Nigeria and second worst in the southwest after the bleaching monkey in Oyo. Like Ekt_Bear, the next few years will be crucial in Nigeria, the SW does not need dunces such as OGD, Akala, Olurin, Oyinlola. What the SW needs are more like Awo but if not possible, at least like Fashola.

Quit defending those who have failed; it is disappointing.
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by 1025: 2:42pm On Apr 24, 2011
no wonder nigeria has refused to move forward. how can such a rejected man be the leader of a nation? such a nation will be as useless as that same old fool.
the last time i checked, CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME i mean outside nigeria but what do we get here? a man that cannot win elections in his own family coming out strong at the federal levels. things are really done upside down here in nigeria. i respect the abilities of the South West in exposing this dog that sleeps even with his own daughter inlaw.
the next move will be on how to make sure that the criminal daughter of his dies in jail.
we are due to waste all these useless bloods among us to move forward.
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by dayokanu(m): 5:26pm On Apr 24, 2011
OBJ We dey laff ooo
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 24, 2011
Ystranger:

The past matters. Politics is always about the future and what people do in their private lives serve as pointers to how they would behave as public officers. Bloomberg did not just become Mayor overnight? Or did he? He became Mayor because he was a successful business man

I dont know of your experience with Nigeria. There are very few self -startups in Nigeria. Most successful companies, at least the more popular ones, are often foreign owned, or owned by foreign trained owners.

OGD broke that myth. He is solely Nigerian trained and built his company from the ground up with his sweat and hardwork, with almost little or no foreign input. I take that seriously because I have seen a lot of politicians and business men who survive mainly because of the connection to the Military or some outside influence. For him to have survived by sheer determination and hardwork, says a lot about his administrative skill.

From his Biography: ".   .   . However, Otunba Daniel was not done yet. A firm believer in the precept “Who Dares, Wins” he harnessed, in 1990, his extensive skills in vertical transportation engineering, power generation and general engineering in search of greater challenges and a wider field to plough – Kresta Laurel was born! Within three years of its existence, Kresta Laurel became a household name, blazing the trail in a world dominated by foreign corporate giants. IT can be said that today, in one out of every three offices in Nigeria, there is Kresta Laurel device, elevating people to greater heights, generating light where public utilities fail, and providing leverage towards vantage positions.  .  . "

I am not a business man, at least not a large scale business man, I do know that the business terrain in Nigeria is rough. For him to have competed and out bid JB in some/certain projects, to me, is a big deal, and a testament to his ability as a business man. And, someone to be proud of as a Nigerian.

Incompetent: someone who lacks the ability or skills to do something. I dont think he lacks the ability to be a state governor. You can argue that he wasnt effective as a governor, which I would not disagree with. But, to state that he was incompetent, I dont think you are being fair to him. Perhaps, you are confusing him with someone else.

I am not an indigene of Ogun-State, but I was there when he was campaigning in 2003. He promised to change the face of Ogun, including "leverage[ing]  the geographical proximity of Ogun to Lagos" for the betterment of Ogun-State. Fortuitously, just a matter of days ago, I watched the Governorship aspirant of PPN, his new party, promise the same thing; that is "leverage the geographical proximity of Ogun to Lagos," for the betterment of the Ogun-people.

So why didnt he achieve his aim? Well, a list of his achievements can be found onhis website, which i dont have to re-list here, But on the bigger issue regarding his effectiveness as a governor, I dont think the problem is OGD per se.  The problem, IMO, has to do with the system. The system as it is being operated, at present,  does not have enough checks and balances, in part due to our lack of familiarity with the "new" style of Government we now have. Most of us, including a lot of "law-makers" have very little understanding, beyond collecting their pay-checks at the end of the month, of their roles in this "new" system.

The other issue is  "Big-manism / God father-ism." This, I think was OGD's greatest undoing. His unwillingness to be played around by OBJ, Kuye et al was the genesis of his political problems which spilled over to him not seeing eye-to-eye with the legislators. Hence, the grid-lock in Ogun-State.  

In the final analysis, I dont think OGD was a bad manager. I think that only very few people would have survived the circumstances/power-play he operated under. Removing OGD or castigating him would not solve the problem, the next Governor of Ogun-State, mark my words, would not do better than him. The next Governor of Ogun-state would, like OGD, be controlled by a god-father, and most likely one of the following: Tinubu, OBJ or OGD. Of all the three, the best option is Amosun, not because he is from ACN and definitely not because he has better ideas. He is the best option because he would, on paper, get along with the legislators far better than the other two would.; that is, if he is not remitting half of Ogun-state's IGR  to Tinubu's swiss account.

Honestly, i cant believe you put up this kinda defence for a man like OGD. In fact, i had to step away from my pc and reread your post to be sure I was reading right.

So you got your info from his website? What else do you expect to read there? Well as indigene of Ogun state, let me provide you some hard facts.

OGD took Ogun state back ten years and I can tell you boldly that he can't walk around any town in Ogun state without running the risk of being lynched. Take Ijebu-Ode, a town strategically located around Sagamu, Abeokuta, Lagos, Ibadan & Ore. The only thing OGD could conceive to put there is a stadium, I mean an effing stadium!!! And guns of course, well we can thank him for daylight robberies and kidnappings too I guess.

Walk around Abeokuta and all you can see are his propangandist posters saying shytes like ( Dare to be a lion, OGD oku ise, igba ope wa re) but nothing really to point at other than stairs & lifts at Olumo rock, dude even claimed the presence of eateries as achievements  .

Now, don't even get me started on education!  Olabisi Onabanjo University is now the leading striking university and the probably the most expensive state university in Nigeria and the student have plenty of guns too.

And he made some ridiculous promises (a cargo airport & a refinery) to hoodwink voters to get elected for a second term, only these promises are no longer mentioned.

As for godfatherism, he wasn't complaining much when Ribadu (thanks to Obj) gave him a clean bill of health despite having robbed us blind, now kasala don burst you want to blame godfatherism for his INCOMPETENCE!

Abeg leave story!!! OGD is nothing but a ritualist and a propagandist. The system is to blame my foot!!! I'd happily take a governor controlled by Tinubu than one controlled by OBJ, Lagosians are not complaining much!
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by OAM4J: 10:48pm On Apr 24, 2011
^^You dey vex gan ni o.

My mum is from that state and I visit the state a lot. In fairness to OGD, his 1st term was much better than Osoba era.

But things felt apart for him in his 2nd term. Two many enemies and pressures. He lost balance, and failed woefully.

He is a ritualist and corrupt governor, but then how many of them are not, even in ACN?

As for Ebora Owu; I dey laugh o!
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 24, 2011
^ Well the saying be careful what you ask for always come to mind when people compare OGD and Osoba. Every body talks about OGD's first term, WTH did he do? I can do a count for you

Ogroma -- where is that now and what happened to all the roads he plastered? Your guess is as good as mine
Lifts & Stairs at Olumo rock --- Funny how that's not bringing tourists in droves and Abeokuta still remain a rural town for a state capital.
Tasued --- Conversion of Taye Solarin College of Edu to a uni of Education without the appropriate funding
Gateway Polytechnic --- One of their campuses is located in my town (prolly defunct now cos no one's heard anything about GP again)
Trailer park along Sagamu express way --- The trailers dont use it, so the gridlock remains unending on that road.

A lot of people like to compare Osoba with OGD, well I'm not exactly a fan of Osoba, at least he left with 0 debt, I mean not a single penny was borrowed despite not getting the same allocation that OGD got in his first term.

Right now, Ogun state is indebted to the tune of N6bn! Dude even had the audacity to consider raising another bond issue, that's what led to the wahala in the house because some of the legislators refused to play ball.
Abeg OGD and OBJ be bad news for Ogun, I wish they'd both just move somewhere else and leave us alone jare
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by OAM4J: 11:50pm On Apr 24, 2011
no wahala. make dem all comot, hoping the one coming wont be a bigger thief that will make OGD and Osaba look like saints.

BTW, I thought you are an Awori girl from my babaland in Eko Ile.
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 24, 2011
No, I be Awori gal from Ogun State. Think Ota, Atan, Agbara, Ado-Odo et al. Those are Awori towns
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by OAM4J: 12:01am On Apr 25, 2011
OK, you are my sister from the other state.  wink

Oodua a gbe wa. Adara fun gbogbo wa o. A mu ere oko dele.
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 25, 2011
^ Awii se o smiley
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by isalegan2: 4:07am On Apr 25, 2011
OAM4J:

BTW, I thought you are an Awori girl from my babaland in Eko Ile.

That's what I thought too o. Gotta keep your eye on this one. wink
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Kilode1: 5:04am On Apr 25, 2011
Awori Eko + Awori Ogun + Osun + Oyo + Ondo + Ekiti + Edo + maybe Itsekiri + Nupe = Accepted

The only reject is OBJ, Odu'a koo towo tese embarassed
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by zstranger: 5:09am On Apr 25, 2011
^^^

I think you are an American trained journalist living in Nigeria.

Anyway, OBJ is accepted.

T'ibi t'ire lada Ile aye.

Oju toba ti mo ni ri, can never deny such a person, no marra what.
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Kilode1: 5:15am On Apr 25, 2011
^^ I know you will defend him.

Anyway, you can take custody as long as you keep him in chains, Awon Iya ti ko Aremu.

American? Like CIA?
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by zstranger: 5:31am On Apr 25, 2011
^^^^
Kilode?!:

^^ I know you will defend him.

Anyway, you can take custody as long as you keep him in chains, Awon Iya ti ko Aremu.

American? Like CIA?

No. What Ifa does actually teach us is to accept everyone, including OBJ and OGD, regardless of status. In Osa Meji Ifa says:

The head of a person with a bad future does not swell up
No one can recognize the footprints of a madman on the road
And, no one can distinguish the head of an honorable person in an assembly of people
This was the theaching of Ifa for Mobowu
Who was the wife of Ogun
Surely, the head that will wear the crown tomorrow
No one can recognize it
Therefore, let husband and wife stop calling each other names
And stop talking foolishly to each other
For the head that will wear the crown tomorrow
No one can tell which one it will be

Ori buruku kii wu tuulu
A ki i da ese asiwere mo loju ona
A ki i m’ori oloye lawujo
A difa fun Mobowu
Ti i se obinrin Ogun
Ori ti o joba lola
Enikan o mo
Ki toko-taya o mo pe’ra
Won ni were mo
Ori ti o joba lola
Enikan o mo

Aside from reminding us that we never know when we will need help from someone, or who that will be, Ifa is clear that we also do not have foresight. The leaders, and likewise madmen, of tomorrow are not known today, so from a practical standpoint, we should accept and  treat all people, for no one knows tomorrow,
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Kilode1: 6:09am On Apr 25, 2011
^^^ haha you are playing omo Awo nicely. wink

That Odu is not for old men like OBJ, he's already past his prime, we gave him many chances to redeem himself.

His future is already here. BUT in the spirit of Forgiveness and because I realize that ~Ogẹdẹ dudu ko ya busan ọmọ buruku ko ya lupa~ I might recommend Odu Otura Meji for him.

It is ok to play Esu Odara for OBJ, but if he's still going on with his usual haughty ways, even the Irunmoles might not be able to save him from the wrath of Olodumare.

PS I'm not sure I got the name of that Odu(Osara Meji/Otura Meji correctly, I will find and post if it's not too long,
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 25, 2011
Kilode?!:

^^^ haha you are playing omo Awo nicely. wink

That Odu is not for old men like OBJ, he's already past his prime, we gave him many chances to redeem himself.

His future is already here.
BUT in the spirit of Forgiveness and because I realize that ~Ogẹdẹ dudu ko ya busan ọmọ buruku ko ya lupa~ I might recommend Odu Otura Meji for him.

It is ok to play Esu Odara for OBJ, but if he's still going on with his usual haughty ways, even the Irunmoles might not be able to save him from the wrath of Olodumare.

PS I'm not sure I got the name of that Odu(Osara Meji/Otura Meji correctly, I will find and post if it's not too long,

Thank you jare, Osa Meji certainly does not apply to a septugenarian

isale_gan2:

That's what I thought too o. Gotta keep your eye on this one. wink
Sounds like an ace idea. I must warn you sha, some of those that dared in the past got charred  grin. She can be a raging fire (silent evil laugh)
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by zstranger: 9:42am On Apr 25, 2011
naijababe:

Sounds like an ace idea. I must warn you sha, some of those that dared in the past got charred  grin. She can be a raging fire (silent evil laugh)

Never write anyone off, no matter how old.

Only dead people have no future.

Osa meji applies to everyone, including OBJ.
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Raymon2011(m): 11:52am On Apr 25, 2011
Am Indigenous of Ogun State, Monkey What do u do when you were President of this Country, to favour Ogun State Generally, U can point anything U fool, what u do is to create crisis btw two local govt. If U are God U will tell rain nt to fall. pls stop talking about OGD again, talk about ur self Chaim on U.
OGUN,N PEOPLE HAVE TIRED OF U AND UR PARTY WILL TO GO BACK TO OUR PARTY.
PLEASE DRIVER LOOK BACK NOBODY INSIDE UR MOTOR AGAIN STOP will want to sweep the bus, AND REPENT
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Pataki: 12:02pm On Apr 25, 2011
As an Egba boy to the core, we hardly forgive our own when he goes wrong so arrogantly.

OBJ is a dead meat in Abeokuta.

And just as we rejected his daughter for Senate, we also reject his apology.

Awon ai'laida eniyan jati-jati. angry
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by isalegan2: 1:17pm On Apr 25, 2011
I never liked OBJ from the moment I laid eyes on him on TV.  Something in my childsoul saw him for what he is.  The old fart is rotten to the core.  But, what can we do now. 

naijababe:

shocked You sound like an Iya Aje, witchy woman. grin grin grin  I don't know you from Adam!  tongue

Kilode?!:

Awori Eko + Awori Ogun + Osun + Oyo + Ondo + Ekiti + Edo + maybe Itsekiri + Nupe = Accepted

The only reject is OBJ, Odu'a koo towo tese embarassed

Anyway, who in monkey hell is Seanet02 and why has he stolen all my (fair-weather) friends?  O ga o.  Ile aiye le gan ni!  cheesy
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by seanet02: 1:20pm On Apr 25, 2011
isale_gan2:

I never liked OBJ from the moment I laid eyes on him on TV.  Something in my childsoul saw him for what he is.  The old fart is rotten to the core.  But, what can we do now. 

shocked You sound like an Iya Aje, witchy woman. grin grin grin  I don't know you from Adam!  tongue

Anyway, who in monkey hell is Seanet02 and why has he stolen all my (fair-weather) friends?  O ga o.  Ile aiye le gan ni!  cheesy
Roflamao
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2011
isale_gan2:

shocked [b]You sound like an Iya Aje, witchy woman. grin grin grin  I don't know you from Adam!  tongue[/b]Anyway, who in monkey hell is Seanet02 and why has he stolen all my (fair-weather) friends?  O ga o.  Ile aiye le gan ni!  cheesy

Awa ni apa ni mawa'gun, olokiki oru, atifun j'edo, at'edo j'oronro etc, etc

Still looking for members, can put in a good word for with our Olori ya  know. I get correct long leg for dia o wink
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by calebrita(m): 9:18am On Jun 29, 2011
, make baba no beg make him dey smiley smiley smiley smiley sooner he will be re- embarassed embarassed embarassed shocked shocked shocked an he will by den cry cry cry.
for telling the whole world that his predecessors failed.
after everything he will lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed for ever.
why wont he now laugh ?
eniyan jakujaku of OWU
Re: Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! by amarilo: 11:13am On Jun 29, 2011
So people has started taking sun newspaper serious, only when the news favours them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill 20 In Kaduna / Adulteress And Lover Stripped N*ked Publicly In Benue State (photos) / Dear Mr. Oluwaseun Osewa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.