Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' (29461 Views)

Justice For Mohbad: Ruggedman Was Also A Victim — Music Executive Soso Soberekon / Soso Soberekon To JJC Skillz: "Your Husband Funke Akindele Is My Friend, Gigolo" / Soso Soberekon Playing With Lion In His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by Newboss(m): 11:53am On Apr 24, 2021
He has low self esteem issues, not degree issues. Anyone who turn you down for not having a degree is not worth your skills

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by iamehmakute(m): 11:54am On Apr 24, 2021
Topmaike007:
All this Gee boys parading themselves as record label owners
He don scam you, abi na your bombing partner?
Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by koladata(m): 11:55am On Apr 24, 2021
Righteousness2:

when they check your character and handwork now, it will be something else, i have someone like you has a neighbor.... carry Jesus for head, good character nna no go get

I Know! You are not the only one! You are many!
But that is why I am Here.
Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by AntichristXXX: 11:55am On Apr 24, 2021
You're the scam.
Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by Righteousness2(m): 11:57am On Apr 24, 2021
[quote author=koladata post=101077375][/quote]

All that does not Matter! Just Receive the Message! That is what Really Matters. The Message is what will save your Soul
Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 24, 2021
Formal Education Is Important.

But More Important is Self-Knowledge.

I am a Student of Human Nature.

2 Likes

Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by Naijaepic: 11:59am On Apr 24, 2021
That is, I took a bold step few years ago and by 2020 I acquired a degree in Computer Science.

What I learned the hard way is that many people close to you will pass on opportunity to someone else, despite knowing that you have the necessary skills and experience to get the jobs done, giving you the coded signal that, I can't refer or give you the slot because you don't have a certificate.

free2ryhme:

Smart move. Education doesn't have an age limit. Get all the available qualifications so that someone wouldn't find an excuse not to give you an open opportunity.

3 Likes

Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by Originalsly: 12:02pm On Apr 24, 2021
He should focus on getting educated.... not degree. Going to school to get a degree so he can get a life changing job.. really? A successful independent "businessman" going back to school so that he can work for someone else. He really.needs an education.

5 Likes

Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by salbis(m): 12:03pm On Apr 24, 2021
ArmaniUhuru:
Las Las school nor be scam

It’s better to have a certificate you don’t need, than need a certificate you don’t have. No one knows tomorrow.
. My star comment of the day.

2 Likes

Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:04pm On Apr 24, 2021
People need to understand that there is a difference between education and degree.

Degree is a mere certification.

Education is a lifelong process.

I am not saying degree is not important, but it is not the same as education.

For example, I have been playing the piano for close to 30 years. I am very knowledgeable in music.

So, I have solid music education, but I don't have a music degree.

I am more educated in music than some people with a degree in music.

6 Likes

Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by Kabaka100: 12:04pm On Apr 24, 2021
FarahAideed:
Note how this Man equates education as a ticket to get a shot at looting a govt parastatal or ministry as against being a gateway to knowledge for enlightenment ...By missing a life changing opportunity he means he missed the opportunity to loot silly a govt treasury .

U might be hitting on a very good point there.

1 Like

Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by Minjim: 12:09pm On Apr 24, 2021
yanabasee1:
Whatever you do...Don't go to greenfield university...Before Pantami will send his boys to come and slaughter you...

Pantami have love for terrorism and have been an advocate for almost 30yrs now....Great feet...

Why are you singling out Greenfield?
It's all schools in the North that's not save now
Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:10pm On Apr 24, 2021
Righteousness2:
Soso that is a Good one

Education is Good
Degrees and all that is Great
Appointments and accomplishments are wonderful.
Having a Fat Pocket is sweet.

But Listen, if you Don't Have a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ all you Have is a Waste.
Education, Degrees, appointments, accomplishments and all that will not give us Qualification for Eternal Life in Heaven..

The Salvation of our Soul is the Number 1 and Topmost Pirioty.

Shut up! You are annoying!
Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by Minjim: 12:12pm On Apr 24, 2021
ArmaniUhuru:
Las Las school nor be scam

It’s better to have a certificate you don’t need, than need a certificate you don’t have. No one knows tomorrow.

While at it, remember that nowadays, you're paid for what you can do with your certificate not for the certificate you have.

I know many people with verified certificates but can't do that the certificate verified .
Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 24, 2021
BluntTheApostle:
People need to understand that there is a difference between education and degree.

For example, I have been playing the piano for close to 30 years. I am very knowledgeable in music.

Well Said.

You have Followed the three Ls of Education:

Learn it.

Live it.

Love it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by sylve11: 12:13pm On Apr 24, 2021
free2ryhme:

Smart move. Education doesn't have an age limit. Get all the available qualifications so that someone wouldn't find an excuse not to give you an open opportunity.

true! cool
Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 24, 2021
So even a degree in music would have helped you secure that appointment?
Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by ogbonti: 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2021
yanabasee1:
Whatever you do...Don't go to greenfield university...Before Pantami will send his boys to come and slaughter you...

Pantami have love for terrorism and have been an advocate for almost 30yrs now....Great feet...

And to think he is the Minister of Communication is scary - so his gang will always be a step ahead of Nigeria in the war against terrorism.
Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by senatrpaichulo(m): 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2021
mofedamijo:
Bill Gates enrolled at Harvard College in 1973 to study pre-law but also studied mathematics and took a graduate-level computer science course.

He left Havard after two years. He is not an illiterate, he had a formal education.

After high school, Vitalik B attended the University of Waterloo. There, he took advanced courses and was a research assistant.

The richest man in the world today,
Jeff Bezos, does have a degree and from a very prestigious university. He graduated from Princeton University with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.

Alon Musk graduated with an undergraduate degree in economics and stayed for a second bachelor's degree in physics. After leaving Penn, Musk headed to Stanford University in California to pursue a PhD in energy physics.

Mark Zuckerberg Due to his early signs of success, his parents got him a computer programming tutor while he was still in high school, and they enrolled him in a prep school in New Hampshire. After graduating from prep school, Zuckerberg enrolled at Harvard University. He left Havard after is sophomore year to focus on Facebook.

Benard Arnault, the third richest man in the world, graduated from the École Polytechnique in Paris with a degree in engineering.

Warren Buffett graduated from the University of Nebraska at 19 with a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration. Although rejected by Harvard, Buffett went onto Columbia University, where he earned a Master of Science in economics in 1951.

All these Billionaires with dropout story had a formal education. Don't be deceived.
I support education but how many of these schooled in Nigeria with two years possible ASUU strike and insecurity with Pantami as Minister.? Just how many? If your course is three years over there. You'll spend just that. Except otherwise.
Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by addexx: 12:21pm On Apr 24, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

I feel you bro. The mistake our country make is placing premium on paper over actual ability as proof of expertise. Honestly speaking if you apply in most places, you'd be dusted over one with the paper. That's our sad reality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by addexx: 12:26pm On Apr 24, 2021
What simply happened to soso was discrimination and not lack of degree like he thinks. I'm sure he's already qualified for whatever position. It just seems off to the emolyers that he's not a graduate.
Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by ottohan: 12:32pm On Apr 24, 2021
Righteousness2:
Soso that is a Good one

Education is Good

But Listen, if you Don't Have a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ all you Have is a Waste.
Education, Degrees, appointments, accomplishments and all that will not give us Qualification for Eternal Life in Heaven..

Dude stop making mockery of Christianity please..
Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by Maximar: 12:37pm On Apr 24, 2021
I am seeing some people mention low self esteem. He didn't say it was a job, he said appointment. Make him case no go be like Aunty Kemi own in future, make e go collect certificate o.

1 Like

Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by ofiko123(m): 12:39pm On Apr 24, 2021
Education is very important
You can never say I have known it all.. you keep learning
Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by sageb: 12:41pm On Apr 24, 2021
mofedamijo:
Bill Gates enrolled at Harvard College in 1973 to study pre-law but also studied mathematics and took a graduate-level computer science course.

He left Havard after two years. He is not an illiterate, he had a formal education.

After high school, Vitalik B attended the University of Waterloo. There, he took advanced courses and was a research assistant.

The richest man in the world today,
Jeff Bezos, does have a degree and from a very prestigious university. He graduated from Princeton University with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.

Alon Musk graduated with an undergraduate degree in economics and stayed for a second bachelor's degree in physics. After leaving Penn, Musk headed to Stanford University in California to pursue a PhD in energy physics.

Mark Zuckerberg Due to his early signs of success, his parents got him a computer programming tutor while he was still in high school, and they enrolled him in a prep school in New Hampshire. After graduating from prep school, Zuckerberg enrolled at Harvard University. He left Havard after is sophomore year to focus on Facebook.

Benard Arnault, the third richest man in the world, graduated from the École Polytechnique in Paris with a degree in engineering.

Warren Buffett graduated from the University of Nebraska at 19 with a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration. Although rejected by Harvard, Buffett went onto Columbia University, where he earned a Master of Science in economics in 1951.

All these Billionaires with dropout story had a formal education. Don't be deceived.
those shouting "school na blablabla" would never tell others what you post.
kudos to you for telling the truth.
Education is a good legacy.

2 Likes

Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by kingxsamz(m): 12:49pm On Apr 24, 2021
Righteousness2:
Soso that is a Good one

Education is Good

In other words, it's better to have a relationship with an imaginary white man who lives in the sky rather than getting an education, learning a skill or solving life problems. Kudos to you.
I can't wait for your likes to leave this world for the imaginary heaven you fantasize about.
Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by kingxsamz(m): 12:52pm On Apr 24, 2021
Degree is not education though.
You want to go back to school because you need a job, because you need money. Not because you want to gain knowledge. Education isn't only found in schools.
Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by olisaEze(m): 12:54pm On Apr 24, 2021
Where are all the "school na scam" children?

What hunger has reduced our mentality in Nigeria to is the belief that education is only important for securing jobs.

Nothing is farther from the truth than this! undecided
Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by Tillatalk: 12:58pm On Apr 24, 2021
All na for cruise joor
Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by seangy4konji: 12:59pm On Apr 24, 2021
This rogue sself wan go school...

Nuisance militant...
Re: Soso Soberekon: 'I'm Going Back To School. I Missed A Job Because I Lack Degree' by ejimatic: 1:00pm On Apr 24, 2021
benjackugo:
''I Am Going Back To School Soon. I Just Missed A Life Changing Apointment Because I Don't Have The Required Degree'' - Music Eecutive Soso Soberekon

Music executive, Soso Soberekon, has taken to his Instagram handle to stress the importance of education, IgbereTV reports.

He took to his Instagram handle to reveal that he just lost a life-changing appointment because he doesn't have the required degree. A fan had asked him during a question-and-answer session if school is important for creatives.

Responding, Soso Soberekon wrote;

https://instagram.com/sososoberekon?igshid=14q5pp21r7pp
To have a degree that is not required now is better than not having a required degree.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Small Doctor Endorses President Buhari, Disables Comments Shortly After / Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga / Kimetsu No Yaiba : Demon Slayer Season 3 Complete Episodes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.