Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,024 members, 7,814,502 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School (12023 Views)

Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days / Umahi Proscribes ASUU, NASU In Ebonyi, Directs Immediate Commencement Of Lecture / Zamfara Government Shuts Down School, Suspends Staff Over ‘Desecration’ Of Quran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by Doraty1(f): 10:34am On Apr 24, 2021
The Governing Council of Ekiti State University, Ado Ekiti has directed the immediate closure of the University.

The Council has also proscribed all the Staff Unions in the Institution that make up the Joint Action Committee (ASUU, NASU, SSANU & NAAT).

A statement by the University Spokesman, Bode Olofinmuagun predicated the moves on alleged disruption of lawful activities on campus which have endangered lives and property in the last one week.

Consequently, all students have been advised to vacate the campus immediately .

Earlier, The meeting between Joint Action Committee comprising all Staff of the Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti & Ekiti State Government on Friday Evening ended in a deadlock with Representatives of the workers walking out of the meeting after the University Council failed to accede to their demands.

Further reports indicate that a separate delegation that met with the Govt were equally stunned by the defiant position of Govt not to immediately accede to the demands which includes payment of 3month salary arrears from 2019, 14 months half salaries & pension deductions.
https://www.tvcnews.tv/eksu-governing-council-proscribes-union-activities-shuts-down-school/

1 Share

Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 24, 2021
angry angry sad I've been very angry since yesterday. I already told my hostel people that the VC will not accept ASUU demand. Ogbeni that man nah stone-cold.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by PlayMaker14: 10:44am On Apr 24, 2021
Ekiti State is fast loosing it's grip as the Fountain of Knowledge with news like this.

7 Likes

Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by DoctorDree(m): 11:18am On Apr 24, 2021
Is anything really working in this country anymore??
Like seriously it’s been bad news on bad news on bad news......Killing,kidnapping,strike on and on and on......Ah where have we gone wrong in this country

5 Likes

Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by chiemmanuel(m): 11:18am On Apr 24, 2021
If you have the chance to leave this country,do everything within your power to do so.... when basic rights like education are being used to settle political scores, just know the elastic limit have been overstrecthed

4 Likes

Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by tillaman(m): 11:19am On Apr 24, 2021
All sectors for this country is so fvcked!!
E get any sector wey dey function well without drama!!
Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by lordopsy2018(m): 11:19am On Apr 24, 2021
Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by Queenlovely(f): 11:20am On Apr 24, 2021
it is the. fault of the students.

it is the fault of every youth,

when you see an evil speak up or you will still die.

start from your community and challenge evil and see how far the country will go.

don't praise people with evil source of wealth.

what goes around comes around
Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by delzbaba(m): 11:20am On Apr 24, 2021
my Alma mata,,so many things have gone bad there.
Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by Dozis: 11:20am On Apr 24, 2021
I like the greenery.
The students are in for a looooong vacation, proscription of labour union has never worked, I'm talking from experience.

4 Likes

Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 24, 2021
Clueless religious extremists in action

1 Like

Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by Lonelypacifist6: 11:22am On Apr 24, 2021
Doradorwa:
angry angry sad I've been very angry since yesterday
Sorry cheesy
Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by nnanyereugo(m): 11:22am On Apr 24, 2021
What a sorry state that our educational system has dived into under this wicked administration

1 Like

Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by Heavensent01(m): 11:22am On Apr 24, 2021
my alma mater school turn to a joke finally

Ekiti stressful university, Ekiti striking University

school that turn my four years course to 6years because of avoidable strike

1 Like

Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by tiffanyfan(f): 11:23am On Apr 24, 2021
It's time to get married, make una bring yam... I don tire for EKSU

4 Likes

Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by Heavensent01(m): 11:26am On Apr 24, 2021
tiffanyfan:
It's time to get married, make una bring yam... I don tire for EKSU

do you mind an acquittance with you? I reside in Lagos as well
Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by Komolafe89: 11:26am On Apr 24, 2021
Nigeria educational system
Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by ozark(m): 11:27am On Apr 24, 2021
Hmmm...katakata everywhere
Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by ayenale1(m): 11:27am On Apr 24, 2021
I trekked that gate enter campus that year cos my hostel is directly opposite that gate jus have to cross the road finish but fayemi tenure has never been good administering that uni...fayose still the best as far as students/academic unions and govt is concerned...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by Sunnybay7: 11:27am On Apr 24, 2021
Nah wa
Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by DamnNiggar: 11:28am On Apr 24, 2021
Buhari effect
Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by FUNCENTRAL2020: 11:31am On Apr 24, 2021
Doradorwa:
angry angry sad I've been very angry since yesterday
Wetin dey angry you? Aren't we all in this same Nigeria that universities went of strike for 2 Years hopefully yours would be better. Meanwhile when are you coming back home make we prepare amala for you. tongue

1 Like

Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 24, 2021
IF YOU ARE NIGERIA YOUTH CLICK LIKE

3 Likes

Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by Cerebellum: 11:34am On Apr 24, 2021
In Lasisi's voice: What kaind of Eleribu country is this ntori oloun
Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by Reex12(m): 11:46am On Apr 24, 2021
Heavensent01:

do you mind an acquittance with you? I reside in Lagos as well
mumu simp

1 Like

Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 24, 2021
FUNCENTRAL2020:
Wetin dey angry you? Aren't we all in this same Nigeria that universities went of strike for 2 Years hopefully yours would be better. Meanwhile when are you coming back home make we prepare amala for you. tongue
lol grin grin... abeg no use amaka bribe me cos since I've heard about the strike I've been salavaiting of Amala and okoro and hopefully tomorrow I should be on my way home but I f I could just get a job even if it's 20k own in Ekiti I will be very happy. I just tire for everything.

1 Like

Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by dangotesmummy: 11:48am On Apr 24, 2021
tillaman:
All sectors for this country is so fvcked!!
E get any sector wey dey function well without drama!!
once government/politicians put hand for anything, don't expect it to function again as it should.just look around you and look at All the places government put their dirty hands on.it always ends up a mess.look at how they've politicized vcship in lasu and u.i for example,look at health centres,look at the banking sector.just see how everything has been totally messed up

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School by free2ryhme: 11:48am On Apr 24, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Niger State Governor Donates Land For Anglican University / Abia Government Converts 3 Institutions Into Universities / FUTO pulls out of ASUU Resumes Dec 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.