Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) (3555 Views)

Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months / Gunmen Shoot 7 People Dead In Orogwe, Imo. Display Corpses (Photo, Video) / See Photos Of Corpses Army Recovered During Search Of Dead Body Of Major Alkali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by Ishilove: 2:10pm On Apr 24, 2021
This tweet below was made by Sim Yohanna, the elder sister of Dorathy Yohanna, one part of the tragic trio of murdered Greenfield University students who were among the twenty abducted from their school by blood sucking bandits in Chikun LGA, Kaduna on 20th April.

It is very easy to post gory pictures of corpses and put 'graphic' on the headline to forewarn the squeamish at heart, but have many of us actually sat down to think about the effects it has on these dead people's families? The crushing trauma?

I remember chatinent commenting that the dead don't have feelings so there was no point in respecting the dead, but he failed to realise that the dead actually do have feelings in a way, because they live on in the heart's of those they left behind. According to PM News, Dorathy seldom posted on Facebook and she revealed very little about herself, apart from stating she was a Southern Kaduna girl, single and attending Greenfield University. Now this is someone who obviously was a private person when she was alive, so to have pictures of her corpse splashed all over social media must be very galling for her wherever she is right now.

Please, please and please, LET US LEARN TO RESPECT THE DEAD and stop posting undignifying photos of their mangled remains.

Second photo: Dorathy Yohanna.

5 Likes

Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 24, 2021
Tell the mods here.

the newsmedia is all about first to post bad news all in the name of BREAKING NEWS, the purpose simply is for traffic and adrevenue.

The media is not also guilty of this but also nairaland

Here on Nairaland, pictures of dead bodies are moved to frontpage for traffic, without thinking about respecting the dead or the families of the dead. Do we even respect the living talkless of the dead

Anyway, you are a moderator, pass the advice to other mods and the founder of this site. After all, majority of those who post those pictures are the moderators of this site so that they can boast the traffic of their blogs.

Thanks to the newsmedia,social media and blogs in Nigeria, they have turned the country into a gory site.

Enjoy more gory pictures from them, Rip to the dead.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by Anigreat: 2:13pm On Apr 24, 2021
shocked

They should post it, so that the whole world sees what Muhammadu Buhari lead administration is doing to people he vowed to protect.

thebosstrevor1:
Tell the mods here

shocked

They should rather tell your terrorist hero Buhari, Pantami and Gumi, to call their useless urchins to order. They should tell their cursed, uncircumcised urchins to stop killing people , burning people houses and kidnapping people.

7 Likes

Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 24, 2021
How I joined nairaland. Never heard of it. A very dear friend of mine was involved in an accident. Years ago. They told me and I remember the words " go nairaland E dey there gbagada".

Saw my main man's corpse plastered everywhere. The image never left my head. And the useless comments but that isn't the point. E no good. It draws traffic I know but E good? Me I sha believe in karma. What you do to others shall be done to you. Decode that. Ruminate on that

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by GodHatesBigots(m): 2:14pm On Apr 24, 2021
Seun and the useless Nigerian media attract viewers and make money by normalising the public display of graphic photos of dead bodies, mutilated corpses, and other disgusting photos. Meanwhile the families of these victims are never consulted ; there is not one iota of care for their feelings or the impact to their mental health. People are gradually becoming desensitised to these barbaric images.

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by UstazAhmed(m): 2:15pm On Apr 24, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Tell the mods here.

Pictures of dead bodies are moved to frontpage.

The media is not also guilty of this but also nairaland.

Aren't you a mode too, pass the advice to other mods.

Our Army war casualties should not be posted but those of ESN has to be posted for people to see the evil, it is, in joining such evil organisations
Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 24, 2021
UstazAhmed:

Our Army war casualties should not be posted but those of ESN has to be posted for people to see the evil, it is, in joining such evil organisations

grin grin grin
Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by chatinent: 2:17pm On Apr 24, 2021
Ishilove:
This tweet below was made by Sim Yohanna, the elder sister of Dorathy Yohanna, one part of the tragic trio of Greenfield University students kidnapped on 20th April and subsequently murdered by blood sucking bandits.

It is very easy to post gory pictures of corpses and put 'graphic' on the headline to forewarn the squeamish at heart, but have many of us actually sat down to think about the effects it has on these dead people's families? The crushing trauma?

I remember chatinent commenting that the dead don't have feelings so there was no point in respecting the dead, but he failed to realise that the dead actually do have feelings in a way, because they live on in the heart's of those they left behind.

Please, please and please, LET US LEARN TO RESPECT THE DEAD and stop posting undignifying photos of their mangled remains.

Second photo is that of the late Dorathy.

That wasn't what I meant.

I was focusing on the dead being lifeless, and not to be reverend, feared, or worshipped. The dead don't have feelings.

I understand the angle you are coming from tho.

If you read the post down, you'd see where I responded to sb who explained they meant respecting the dead as meaning “ refraining from posting deceased pictures in gory state without censorship” due to the fact that their family members online may bump into it.

If respecting the dead meant otherwise, like they have feelings and can either see, hear, or harm us, I do not believe that.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by heniford2: 2:21pm On Apr 24, 2021
you censor it naw haba you need to post the picture so as proof what do you know as journalism haba naija own the always off
Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by Ishilove: 2:21pm On Apr 24, 2021
GodHatesBigots:
Seun and the useless Nigerian media attract viewers and make money by normalising the public display of graphic photos of dead bodies, mutilated corpses, and other disgusting photos. Meanwhile the families of these victims are never consulted ; there is not one iota of care for their feelings or the impact to their mental health. People are gradually becoming desensitised to these barbaric images.
I can NEVER be desensitised because I deliberately refuse to click on gory photos of corpses. I have always found these insensitive displays very disrespectful.

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by Ishilove: 2:22pm On Apr 24, 2021
chatinent:

That wasn't what I meant.

I was focusing on the dead being lifeless, and not to be reverend, feared, or worshipped. The dead don't have feelings.

I understand the angle you are coming from tho.

If you read the post down, you'd see where I responded to sb who explained they meant respecting the dead as meaning “ refraining from posting deceased pictures in gory state without censorship” due to the fact that their family members online may bump into it.

If respecting the dead meant otherwise, like they have feelings and can either see, hear, or harm us, I do not believe that.
Okay, well noted.
Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2021
Anigreat:

shocked

The should post it, so that the whole world sees what Muhammadu Buhari lead administration is doing to people he vowed to protect.

shocked

They should rather tell your terrorist hero Buhari, Pantami and Gumi, to call their useless urchins to order. They should tell their cursed, uncircumcised urchins to stop killing people , burning people houses and kidnapping people.

So it is buhari that killed them.

Lets not talk about Nnamdi kanu and ipob atrocities all over the south east.
Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by Ishilove: 2:28pm On Apr 24, 2021
MejiLoyon:
How I joined nairaland. Never heard of it. A very dear friend of mine was involved in an accident. Years ago. They told me and I remember the words " go nairaland E dey there gbagada".

Saw my main man's corpse plastered everywhere. The image never left my head. And the useless comments but that isn't the point. E no good. It draws traffic I know but E good? Me I sha believe in karma. What you do to others shall be done to you. Decode that. Ruminate on that
Jesus Christ.
Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by Nickshrapnel: 2:33pm On Apr 24, 2021
It’s almost like some people actively seeks out this gory images
Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by Ishilove: 2:37pm On Apr 24, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
It’s almost like some people actively seeks out this gory images
Some do, and that is because people post them freely without any kind of censorship.
Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by helinues: 2:38pm On Apr 24, 2021
Honestly, it's disgusting....

It brings more years to the relatives whenever they come across such.

Well , Facebook have been so active with disturbing photos.. It always come with strict warning
Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by MrSamsung(m): 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2021
To an extent you are right but on the other hand do you consider the type of people Nigerians are.

The will READ something so convincing and palpable but will still say I DON'T BELIEVE IT, POST PICTURES.........and even if you post pictures, audios and videos they will still deny it both the citizens and government, some will even say it is doctored

Uptill this day Nigerians are denying that there was no LEKKI MASSACRE despite the videos, pictures, citizen reportarge, and few voices of gag-mouthed doctors, especially when they know the type of government and security forces they have in the country( one with a records of human abuse and denial).

Then what will you do to make believe to this type of people if not of posting of pictures and even videos undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by baralatie(m): 2:46pm On Apr 24, 2021
book haram is maiming,raping ,burning and murdering week in!

bandits and herdsmen task themselves into people's farm and cut off herds,communities and human heads!

I never talk of calabar,ebony and benue,taraba fights with the consequences of delivering dead corpses all over the place with idp camps o!

army personal are been armbushed

and your problem is people are seeing them on social media platforms

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by free2ryhme: 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2021
Ishilove:
This tweet below was made by Sim Yohanna, the elder sister of Dorathy Yohanna, one part of the tragic trio of murdered Greenfield University students who were among the twenty abducted from their school by blood sucking bandits in Chikun LGA, Kaduna on 20th April.

I remember chatinent commenting that the dead don't have feelings so there was no point in respecting the dead, but he failed to realise that the dead actually do have feelings in a way, because they live on in the heart's of those they left behind. According to PM News, Dorathy seldom posted on Facebook and she revealed very little about herself, apart from stating she was a Southern Kaduna girl, single and attending Greenfield University. Now this is someone who obviously was a private person when she was alive, so to have pictures of her corpse splashed all over social media must be very galling for her wherever she is right now.

There are no photos of lifeless body of the victims on the internet

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by EbenezerTriumph: 3:12pm On Apr 24, 2021
Ishilove:

I can NEVER be desensitised because I deliberately refuse to click on gory photos of corpses. I have always found these insensitive displays very disrespectful.
shut up.
You're a sacked mod and you can't do anything anymore.
The pictures are needed as proof for us to believe so go and sit down

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by EzeNri(m): 3:15pm On Apr 24, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Tell the mods here.

the newsmedia is all about first to post bad news all in the name of BREAKING NEWS, the purpose simply is for traffic and adrevenue.

The media is not also guilty of this but also nairaland

Here on Nairaland, pictures of dead bodies are moved to frontpage for traffic, without thinking about respecting the dead or the families of the dead. Do we even respect the living talkless of the dead

Anyway, you arw a moderator, pass the advice to other mods and the founder of this site. After all, majority of those who post those pictures are the moderators of this site so that they can boast the traffic of their blogs.

Thanks to the newsmedia,social media and blogs in Nigeria, they have turned the country into a gory site.

Enjoy more gory pictures from them, Rip to the dead.
Pataharam and Sheik Gum just killed this one. God judgment shall be upon the Moslem North and their Yoruba Moslems enablers
Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by meobizy(f): 3:23pm On Apr 24, 2021
I don’t care. Nigeria is a zoo. Seeing animals succumb to death is an everyday activity in jungles talk less of zoos. The moderators should do whatever they want. This forum is as lawless as the country it serves.
Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by Csami(m): 3:27pm On Apr 24, 2021
Story! Pictures are the norm in today's journalism. You don't like it then don't open it or scroll past it.

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by esnbrutality: 3:58pm On Apr 24, 2021
MIYETTI ALLAH HAS EARMARKED

LAGOS
ONDO
OYO

AS ZONES FOR GRAZING.

Simplyleo:

mynd44 lalasticlala, so it has gotten to the point where some members will just be insulted even on threads those members never showed up?

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by Ekejoestar(m): 4:40pm On Apr 24, 2021
MejiLoyon:

are you sayin that the dead girl posted pics of dead people while she was alive that now made karma to make people post her pics now that she was killed
Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by wisewordd: 4:48pm On Apr 24, 2021
A dead person doesn't know if he/she is respected. We Africans attach sentiments to everything. A dead human is like the dead chicken you post.
Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by ictjobber: 5:20pm On Apr 24, 2021
Ishilove:

Tell that to igberetv...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Asks Igbos To Boycott Kenyan Airlines, Others Over Country's Involvement / Igbo Man Threaten Lady To Not Dare Wear Tinubu City Boy T-shirt Enter Anambra / Peter Obi Leads By 40.37% In New Election Poll, Tinubu At 3rd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.