Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,825 members, 7,956,117 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:13 AM

Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) (3647 Views)

Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months / Gunmen Shoot 7 People Dead In Orogwe, Imo. Display Corpses (Photo, Video) / See Photos Of Corpses Army Recovered During Search Of Dead Body Of Major Alkali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by orisa37: 6:21pm On Apr 24, 2021
That's the REALITY of Things presently.
Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by RemoveKebab: 6:49pm On Apr 24, 2021
They won't hear you.

1 Share

Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 24, 2021
Dead men tell no tales...
Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by kingreign(m): 9:27pm On Apr 24, 2021
Ishilove:
This tweet below was made by Sim Yohanna, the elder sister of Dorathy Yohanna, one part of the tragic trio of murdered Greenfield University students who were among the twenty abducted from their school by blood sucking bandits in Chikun LGA, Kaduna on 20th April.

It is very easy to post gory pictures of corpses and put 'graphic' on the headline to forewarn the squeamish at heart, but have many of us actually sat down to think about the effects it has on these dead people's families? The crushing trauma?

I remember chatinent commenting that the dead don't have feelings so there was no point in respecting the dead, but he failed to realise that the dead actually do have feelings in a way, because they live on in the heart's of those they left behind. According to PM News, Dorathy seldom posted on Facebook and she revealed very little about herself, apart from stating she was a Southern Kaduna girl, single and attending Greenfield University. Now this is someone who obviously was a private person when she was alive, so to have pictures of her corpse splashed all over social media must be very galling for her wherever she is right now.

Please, please and please, LET US LEARN TO RESPECT THE DEAD and stop posting undignifying photos of their mangled remains.

Second photo: Dorathy Yohanna.
When I was a mod, I tried to fight against this, but was disgraced and rudely talked down by seun and this was one major reason I decided to tender my resignation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by Ishilove: 12:19am On Apr 25, 2021
kingreign:

When I was a mod, I tried to fight against this, but was disgraced and rudely talked down by seun and this was one major reason I decided to tender my resignation.
Yeah, I saw the whole action on the group that time.

It is only bad things that sell nowadays so they will always resist attempts to sanitize the system
Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by Ishilove: 12:22am On Apr 25, 2021
ictjobber:

Tell that to igberetv...
Dem no go hear

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by kingreign(m): 7:14am On Apr 25, 2021
Well, there you you have it. The kind of responses you see in this thread, folks exonerate and support posting of graphic pictures and even talk you down with insults goes a long way to show we have no value to another man's emotion or psychological wellbeing, we are all about our selfish satisfaction, and las las na all man for himself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Must Stop Posting Horrible Pictures Of Corpses (Photo) by Ishilove: 7:45am On Apr 25, 2021
kingreign:
Well, there you you have it. The kind of responses you see in this thread, folks exonerate and support posting of graphic pictures and even talk you down with insults goes a long way to show we have no value to another man's emotion or psychological wellbeing, we are all about our selfish satisfaction, and las las na all man for himself.
All man for himself my brother.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reactions As President Buhari's Superb Handwriting Surfaces Online / The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. / Yorubas Are No Cowards... History Proves It.... Reni Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.