Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,177 members, 7,829,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Is Age Reduction Advisable In This Situation? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Age Reduction Advisable In This Situation? (576 Views)

Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? / Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere / Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Age Reduction Advisable In This Situation? by Supreme145(m): 12:11am On Apr 26, 2021
Due to some circumstances beyond my control I managed to get admission into the university at the age of 25. I will be 29 by september this year and I'm still in 400 level first semester no thanks to constant ASUU strikes and a slow academic calendar coupled with the covid-19 pandemic.

It's likely that I'm going to miss out on service and most of my friends have been advising me to reduce my age. Officially among my friends cum course mates I'm the oldest where as I'm the youngest when it comes to our actual age. They have all reduced their ages, one even had to rewrite weac for that sole purpose.

I initially wanted nature to run its course but they've been hammering on the difference that 33k for a year will make in our lives.
I'm somehow having a hard time making up my mind on what to do now, I started coding recently to develop web apps because I didn't want to go back to my parents house after school so I needed a skill to sustain me when I graduate .

My friends are making it look as if I'm making a mistake by not reducing my age. Please I need your inputs.

1 Like

Re: Is Age Reduction Advisable In This Situation? by amzee(m): 12:39am On Apr 26, 2021
I'll advise you to reduce your age cos even our presido is using "football age".

Lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Is Age Reduction Advisable In This Situation? by Supreme145(m): 12:50am On Apr 26, 2021
amzee:
I'll advise you to reduce your age cos even our presido is using "football age".

Lalasticlala, mynd44

Lol, that football age got me
Re: Is Age Reduction Advisable In This Situation? by Mogadishuu: 1:18am On Apr 26, 2021
Look at tinubu and buhari. Reduce anything you can reduce and don't dull ya self
Re: Is Age Reduction Advisable In This Situation? by Supreme145(m): 1:37am On Apr 26, 2021
Mogadishuu:
Look at tinubu and buhari. Reduce anything you can reduce and don't dull ya self
Even if I consider it, I don't know the process involved. My weac and jamb all have my real age, so how do I proceed?
Re: Is Age Reduction Advisable In This Situation? by kpolli(m): 1:44am On Apr 26, 2021
Don't; in a few years time when you're on the brink of greatness. Those same friends will come and blackmail you. You might lose that opportunity because of this action.

3 Likes

Re: Is Age Reduction Advisable In This Situation? by Vision101(m): 3:52am On Apr 26, 2021
If you try it, you will regret it in future. Your real age will still be known.
Re: Is Age Reduction Advisable In This Situation? by GboyegaD(m): 4:08am On Apr 26, 2021
You don't have to. You sure would be fine with your integrity.

2 Likes

Re: Is Age Reduction Advisable In This Situation? by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 26, 2021
Theres no point doing that cos even for some who didn't reduce their age and finished early, it wasn't a guarantee for them to get a job quickly. It still took them years after school to land a job if that's what your fears are.

God is the only one that makes things happen for everyone.
Re: Is Age Reduction Advisable In This Situation? by Supreme145(m): 8:04am On Apr 26, 2021
AsherAmari:
Theres no point doing that cos even for some who didn't reduce their age and finished early, it wasn't a guarantee for them to get a job quickly. It still took them years after school to land a job if that's what your fears are.

God is the only one that makes things happen for everyone.
Its not really about getting a now, its more about going for service and making some savings during the service year.
Re: Is Age Reduction Advisable In This Situation? by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 26, 2021
Supreme145:

Its not really about getting a now, its more about going for service and making some savings during the service year.

Hmm... How about challenging God for a miracle by not changing it? I sincerely can't advise you to falsify your age.

Pray to God about it. There's nothing He cannot do.

All the best.
Re: Is Age Reduction Advisable In This Situation? by Mindlog: 8:32am On Apr 26, 2021
Supreme145:

How much do you want to save during service year that worths the intending falsification of age?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Age Reduction Advisable In This Situation? by FatherCHRISTMAS: 9:11am On Apr 26, 2021
Supreme145:

Even if I consider it, I don't know the process involved. My weac and jamb all have my real age, so how do I proceed?

Leave the age as it is. Where God is taking you is much higher and has nothing to do with age. Just be consistent with facts.

1 Like

Re: Is Age Reduction Advisable In This Situation? by Supreme145(m): 12:59pm On Apr 26, 2021
Mindlog:

How much do you want to save during service year that worths the intending falsification of age?
Na the economy cause am but I've made up my mind to leave it as it is.

(1) (Reply)

Pete Buttigieg Announces He And Husband, Chasten, Are Now Parents / Quick Declutter In PH, Rivers State / Ghanaian Finds Mentally-ill Mother In Town, Spends Good Time With Her (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.