Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,085 members, 7,835,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Pete Buttigieg Announces He And Husband, Chasten, Are Now Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pete Buttigieg Announces He And Husband, Chasten, Are Now Parents (581 Views)

Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband / All Girls And Husband's Anger. / 60-year-old Woman And Husband Welcome First Baby After 36 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pete Buttigieg Announces He And Husband, Chasten, Are Now Parents by fergie001: 10:02pm On Aug 17, 2021
US Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg announced Tuesday that he and his husband, Chasten, have become parents.

Buttigieg and his husband, an author and former teacher, have been married since 2018. The couple put their South Bend, Indiana, home on the market earlier this year, and, according to The Washington Post, they now live in a one-bedroom apartment in Washington's Capitol Hill neighborhood with their dogs.

Buttigieg, who served as mayor of South Bend from 2012 to 2019, made history earlier this year as the first openly gay Cabinet member to be confirmed by the Senate. Last year, after narrowly winning the Iowa caucuses, he became the first gay presidential candidate to win a primary contest. At 39, Buttigieg is also the youngest person to lead the Department of Transportation.

For some time, Chasten and I have wanted to grow our family. We’re overjoyed to share that we’ve become parents! The process isn’t done yet and we’re thankful for the love, support, and respect for our privacy that has been offered to us. We can’t wait to share more soon.

Pete Buttigieg

Re: Pete Buttigieg Announces He And Husband, Chasten, Are Now Parents by IJOBA11: 10:58pm On Aug 17, 2021
HE IS MAD angry
Re: Pete Buttigieg Announces He And Husband, Chasten, Are Now Parents by Lamanii22(f): 12:48am On Aug 18, 2021
Religion aside... Gay doesn't make any sense...

1 Like

Re: Pete Buttigieg Announces He And Husband, Chasten, Are Now Parents by Flamemignon1(m): 5:55am On Aug 18, 2021
Congratulations to them but he's just a CWG benefiting from the system not to even talk about his racist policies when he was mayor in south bend. A republican with a skin of a democrat

1 Like

Re: Pete Buttigieg Announces He And Husband, Chasten, Are Now Parents by Hathor5(f): 9:21am On Aug 18, 2021
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Pete Buttigieg Announces He And Husband, Chasten, Are Now Parents by Maxymilliano(m): 9:26am On Aug 18, 2021
Congratulations to him and all gay parents out there ...

cc: Elton John cool

1 Like

Re: Pete Buttigieg Announces He And Husband, Chasten, Are Now Parents by Ishilove: 9:58am On Aug 18, 2021
Disgusting!!

1 Like

Re: Pete Buttigieg Announces He And Husband, Chasten, Are Now Parents by BRATISLAVA: 10:41am On Aug 18, 2021
Ishilove:
Disgusting!!

Not really.

What if that's the only way he could find love and happiness in a relationship?

They're better off than some single straight people who can't get a committed partner or child.

2 Likes

Re: Pete Buttigieg Announces He And Husband, Chasten, Are Now Parents by Fountainofyouth(f): 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2021
How da hell will they explain themselves to their toddler as "father and father" instead of the normal "father and mother"

2 Likes

Re: Pete Buttigieg Announces He And Husband, Chasten, Are Now Parents by mariahAngel(f): 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2021
Fountainofyouth:
How da hell will they explain themselves to their toddler as "father and father" instead of the normal "father and mother"

There was this cartoon series I watched one time where one of characters had two fathers. cheesy
The character (a child) kept using the words my dads in his talkings. At first, I was like hmm? undecided

Long story short, they’ve already conditioned the minds of children through those kinds of cartoons, without giving the children the chance to come of age and define their own normal.
I believe children should be left out of this whole confusion!

(1) (Reply)

Is Dettol Good For Body Wash? / Shocking Fact About Masturbation / Man Destroys Son's Phone, Laptop And Television For Disrespecting His Mum. Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.