Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere (38815 Views)

Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) / What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? / Nigerian Man Earning N850K A Month Relocates To Canada With His Family And Gets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 19, 2022
He's earning a 100k and wants to settle down. Can you as a lady earning a little above him agree to marry him?

Is it advisable to enter into marriage with such income considering the situation of the economy?

7 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Jennyclay(f): 3:50pm On Aug 19, 2022
It's not advisable my dear! 100k is way too small. Haba!!

God forbid!! I reject it IJN!!

52 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by fman(m): 3:52pm On Aug 19, 2022
Jennyclay:
It's not advisable my dear! 100k is way too small? Haba!!
You!!
How much u dey make?

774 Likes 49 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 19, 2022
Jennyclay:
It's not advisable my dear! 100k is way too small. Haba!!

So you won't agree to marry such a man?

Ok.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Abfinest007(m): 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2022
fman:

You!!
How much u dey make?
u took d words out of my gutter.i spit fire like Eminem

181 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Jennyclay(f): 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

So you won't agree to marry such a man?

Ok.
No, I can't marry someone who earns 100k per month. Why must you enter a marriage to suffer? Can 100k afford you a good house, buy your hair and makeups? Have you even thought of raising children who should be fed, clothed and sent to good schools? Can 100k work these things out? No!

Reject that poor man and his meagre 100k; a better man will locate you. All you have to do is believe and wait for the right man to come.

59 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by fman(m): 3:58pm On Aug 19, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
He's earning a 100k and wants to settle down. Can you as a lady earning a little above him agree to marry him?

Is it advisable to enter into marriage with such income considering the situation of the economy?
You even see man wey dey make 100k
For this APC regime and u dey complain..
With the situation of things in Nigeria,
Oya leave him
U go mad as many girls go dive him!!
Even @jennyclay that just commented rubbish above me
Go follow rush am!

597 Likes 50 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Tokskob2008: 3:59pm On Aug 19, 2022
I'm guessing you are not earning a kobo and you are only hoping to leech off him to death hence the worry. Well truthfully it isn't advisable since you won't be bringing any financial substance to the home.

My condolences to the guy in advance though.

515 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 19, 2022
Mercychen must you bring everything to this site. Can you not make one decision on your own without nairaland.

125 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 19, 2022
Jennyclay:
No, I can't marry someone who earns 100k per month. Why must you enter a marriage to suffer? Can 100k afford you a good house, buy your hair and makeups? Have you even thought of raising children who should be fed, clothed and sent to good schools? Can 100k work these things out? No!

Reject that poor man and his meagre 100k; a better man will locate you. All you have to do is believe and wait for the right man to come.

Who be this one?

260 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 19, 2022
Jennyclay:
No, I can't marry someone who earns 100k per month. What of your friends who are married to millionaires and driving their own cars - are they not human beings like you? Why must you enter a marriage to suffer? Can 100k afford you a good house, buy your hair and makeups? Have you even thought of raising children who should be fed, clothed and sent to good schools? Can 100k work these things out? No!

These are exactly my fears cos once somebody enters the next thing is to start having children. With such income coupled with other expenses, I dey fear o.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 19, 2022
Tokskob2008:
I'm guessing you are not earning a kobo and you are only hoping to leech off him to death hence the worry. Well truthfully it isn't advisable since you won't be bringing any financial substance to the home.

My condolences to the me in advance though.

I send that condolences back to you the sender in Jesus name.

Amen.

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by fman(m): 4:02pm On Aug 19, 2022
Abfinest007:
u took d words out of my gutter.i spit fire like Eminem
double zero 7 I no understand!!
Put me tru
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by NoToPile: 4:06pm On Aug 19, 2022
The question on my mind is how many Nigerians between ages 25-40 earn 100k monthly

303 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by fman(m): 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2022
Jennyclay:

werrin dey worry u.
From all u said
It signifies that you are a broke girl and have nothing to offer than to

depend on his 100k salary. I pray everyday never to jam your type for marriage.
check the bolded

317 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by GenderMix: 4:13pm On Aug 19, 2022
No doubt money is very key to sustaining a marriage. Infact it's one of the key ingredients that can help grease love. The lack of money can make love go sour...lol...

Having said that, marriage has an ultimate aim which is for companionship. As far as both of you have the drive to succeed and are not lazy and can cut you cloth according to your size then the amount may just be inconsequential.

If the man earns 100k, he has the qualities you like and is focused then you can start with that. Just ensure he has common sense and listens to advise. It doesn't matter if as a lady you earn higher than him. You guys should have plans and execute them together. Just encourage him by supporting him financially. Just assist him but let him be the one to take care of the major bills.

Plan around the money you earn. Don't live above your means. There are pragmatic means you can adopt to cut cost. Forget the pressure around, most of what you see are illusions. Just focus on your happiness.

I wish you best of luck.

190 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by olasaad(f): 4:15pm On Aug 19, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Well many people here on nairaland will tell you No cheesy but the truth is that so many couples are on that level and they are living fine. Just mind the way you procreate

221 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 19, 2022
GenderMix:
No doubt money is very key to sustaining a marriage. Infact it's one of the key ingredients that can help grease love. The lack of money can make love go sour...lol...

Having said that, marriage has an ultimate aim which is for companionship. As far as both of you have the drive to succeed and are not lazy and can cut you cloth according to your size then the amount may just be inconsequential.

If the man earns 100k, he has the qualities you like and is focused then you can start with that. Just ensure he has common sense and listens to advise. It doesn't matter if as a lady you earn higher than him. You guys should have plans and execute them together. Just encourage him by supporting him financially. Just assist him but let him be the one to take care of the major bills.

Plan around the money you earn. Don't live above your means. There are pragmatic means you can adopt to cut cost. Forget the pressure around, most of what you see are illusions. Just focus on your happiness.

I wish you best of luck.

Ok. Thanks and God bless you Sir.

9 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by fman(m): 4:16pm On Aug 19, 2022
GenderMix:

I wish you best of luck.
U r blessed beyond measures

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 19, 2022
olasaad:

Well many people here on nairaland will tell you No cheesy but the truth is that so many couples are on that level and they are leaving fine. Just mind the way you procreate

Hmm.. you think so??

I'm just scared of bills and All that childcare expenses.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by advanceDNA: 4:21pm On Aug 19, 2022
Wouldn't it be nice if you have a 100k or more job too so that you can both have at least 200k entering your home at the end of the month?

Lol.....Its just funny how unacomplished, broke people tag others unworthy of them when they are not even worth half of who they look down upon the end of the month

U women should become more hardworking...
and stop making hardworking people feel like they are nothing

182 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:26pm On Aug 19, 2022
stop blaming the economy for your failed state of mind.... if you indeed love someone and care about that person, then you wouldnt mind how much they are earning (IF THEY WERE OK TO DATE and BE ENGAGED TO FOR GOD KNOWS HOW LONG)

their income is irrelevant to what you guys have, whether they earn 50k or 500k

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by olasaad(f): 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Hmm.. you think so??

I'm just scared of bills and All that childcare expenses.

I know so.The most important is your hubby commitment in the marriage. I mean if he is not stingy and your own ability to manage what is on ground. And about the childcare expenses believe me when you get to the bridge you will cross it.

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 19, 2022
olasaad:

I know so.The most important is your hubby commitment in the marriage. I mean if he is not stingy and your own ability to manage what is on ground. And about the childcare expenses believe me when you get to the bridge you will cross it.

Amen.
Thanks dearie.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2022
Yes you can but do not have children immediately.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by garriAndsugar: 5:48pm On Aug 19, 2022
The 100k is not the issue because things can change anytime.

The issue there is if he's the right one for you. If two of you are committed to make things work then it will work.. after all you do earn something too.

Anyways you have the final say on this matter so do what will make you happy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by RepoMan007: 5:50pm On Aug 19, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

In the ancient times when farming was the main occupation and bountiful harvest weren't guaranteed every year, how did they marry?
It is better you take insurance policy against his pay level before marrying him then.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by RepoMan007: 5:54pm On Aug 19, 2022
garriAndsugar:

The issue there is if he's the right one for you. If two of you are committed to make things work then it will work.. after all you do earn something too.

What 100k could buy 3 years ago needs 200k now. How about that. The poster should put trust in God and not in transient money.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Yes you can but do not have children immediately.

Hmm.. he's 40 and I'm already 41.
When are we now going to start having children if we still delay?

RepoMan007:

What 100k could buy 3 years ago needs 200k now. How about that. The poster should put trust in God and not in transient money.

Exactly my point.

garriAndsugar:

Ok.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:36pm On Aug 19, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Hmm.. he's 40 and I'm already 41.
When are we now going to start having children if we still delay?

Exactly my point.

Ok.
You guys are in your 40s shocked shocked nna men.

51 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Helpout12345: 6:45pm On Aug 19, 2022
GenderMix:

I wish you best of luck.

OP, this is the advise you need. And ignore that teenager up there.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 19, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

You guys are in your 40s shocked shocked nna men.

We are not old abeg.

He still looks hot and I'm still popping, Biko. cheesy.

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Son Celebrates His Mother's Birthday. Shares Boyfriend-Girlfriend Kind Of Photos / So This Is Marriage? / Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.