Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 (20921 Views)

2023: Election Turn Out From 2007 Till Date (Picture)) / Politics, Governance and Economy: How Do These Affect IGR Of States? / Borno Leads Ebonyi On NBS Ranking Of States IGR Of 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by CodeTemplar: 10:20am On Apr 26, 2021
Dialpad:
Some states are not meant to be states.
I tell you. Dangote should take over some states and plant sugar with them. They will get better CSR or rather amenities in form of schools, roads, healthcare generally than what they are getting from One Nigeria.
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by Jackson105: 10:25am On Apr 26, 2021
post=101132854:

Anu not by barren landmass, big for nothing state that harbour world biggest slum city

This is not Abia we are talking about here o, I am talking about ibadan where your brothers hawk gala on the road and sleep on her bridge.

1 Like

Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by udemzyudex(m): 10:28am On Apr 26, 2021
Jackson105:

If that is unbearable for you, just go back to your village, stop lamenting here, Lagos is not for everyone.

Oga stop this rubbish talk, I was born and brought up so keep your sermon to yourself BTW i wasn't talking to i was telling the person I quoted how lagos state is taxing the citizens so stfu.

look at the dolt telling me to go back to my village, I should be the one telling you that.
nitwit.
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by Jackson105: 10:41am On Apr 26, 2021
udemzyudex:

Oga stop this rubbish talk, I was born and brought up so keep your sermon to yourself BTW i wasn't talking to i was telling the person I quoted how lagos state is taxing the citizens so stfu.

look at the dolt telling me to go back to my village, I should be the one telling you that.
nitwit.

Keep convulsing, if Lagos no pay you, go back to your village

2 Likes

Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by Invitationn: 10:44am On Apr 26, 2021
jimi4us:

Are they sophisticated in heavy debt or not? grin grin

Why are you afraid of answering that? grin grin grin grin
Do you know what it means to be credit/loan worthy?
You think other states are not applying for loans? They're denied most of the time because the lenders know they can't pay back grin
The US is the most indebted country in the world; the most powerful you guessed right grin
Reason ham again!

2 Likes

Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by Sconty09(m): 10:50am On Apr 26, 2021
ProvisioDigital:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxS_wTPSnE8

▪From 2007 to 2020, Lagos' IGR surpassed all other states even when there was a reduction in growth rate.

▪In 2010 and 2015, the yoy (year-on-year) growth rate of Lagos' IGR reduced.

▪Most Nigerian States generate less than 50bn Naira revenue annually; only 6 States generated above this amount in 2020.

▪In 2016, Ogun joined the '50bn league".

▪In relative comparison, Lagos' IGR in 2020 is ~2.3x bigger than that of all North Central States combined.

▪Lagos' IGR is ~7.4x bigger than that of all North Eastern States combined.

▪Lagos' IGR is ~2.4x bigger than that of all North Western States combined.

▪Lagos' IGR is ~4.3x bigger than that of all South Eastern States combined.

▪Lagos' IGR is ~1.6x bigger than that of all South Southern States combined.

▪Lagos' IGR is ~3x bigger than that of all South Western States combined.

▪For its immediate neighbor, Ogun State, Lagos' IGR is ~8.3x bigger.

▪The 2016 recession did not reduce IGR for states but there was a general reduction in 2015. From 2014 - 2015, there was a negative growth in States' IGR

▪In 2020, another year of recession in Nigeria, there was a negative growth in States' IGR.

Note: FCT data not available until 2018. Ebonyi data not available in 2015.

Source

MOST STATES IN NIGERIA GENERATED MORE THAN THEY DECLARED. NAH CORRUPTION NO MAKE THEM BE TRANSPARENT AND THEY CANNOT AVOID TO CUT DOWN INFLATED COST OF GOVERNANCE AND GHOST WORKERS THAT BENEFITED THE GOVERNORS.

TELL ME, WHAT SPECIAL THING EL RUFAI DID IN KADUNA THAT INCREASED THE IGR IN NO TIME? NO STATE IN NIGERIA EARNS LESS THAN 30 BILLION PER MONTH IN IGR? NAH STEALING.
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 26, 2021
[s]
jneutron4000:
Ignorance, do you think Lagos state depends on oil? What Lagos port is generating alone is more enough to drive the Lagos state economy, I know you next ignorant question will be why is Lagos port the only functional port? Lagos port is a deep sea port that Panama ship can easily dock, other ports have their functions too. So for the oil, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo and Itsekiri oil is more than enough to sustain the Yoruba and Itsekiri economy.
[/s]

More trash yoruba media stats grin

One port alone is bigger and better than lagos port use google grin

Abonema port is better , Azumiri in igbo state of Abia has bigger access to to ocean but because you yorubas hate them you refuse to build a port there ;
The era of yoruba propaganda against us in the southsouth is over
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by seguno2: 11:09am On Apr 26, 2021
CodeTemplar:
I tell you. Dangote should take over some states and plant sugar with them. They will get better CSR or rather amenities in form of schools, roads, healthcare generally than what they are getting from One Nigeria.

How many acres of sugar plantations have been planted by Dangote since the last 10 years that he has been getting waivers and concessions?
Do you know how many?
If you don’t, you should stop making comments that negate your own words below:

Africa is proof that a backward mind is man's most severe disaster
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 26, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

Oil is overrated, Awolowo was doing far better than the whole of SS before discovery of Oil

You are just a typical yoruba hater

Cry me a river

1 Like

Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 26, 2021
Neutralobserver:

Well, you do have no documents.

Thus, I can safely assume you are a liar.

Especially as I am not Yoruba...

Good morning to you too sir.

Like I said carry on deceiving yourselves

Cry well e pain am grin
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by seguno2: 11:16am On Apr 26, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

Oil is overrated, Awolowo was doing far better than the whole of SS before discovery of Oil

Is Lagos/south west plus Edo and Delta doing better than when Awolowo was Premier in the western region for only 6 years
If oil is overrated, please why is the federation account fed by the revenue, and our budget is based on the price? Why is our GDP correlated with changing oil prices, except in 2013-2014?

Are you sure you have the information on your comment
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by 36STATES: 11:20am On Apr 26, 2021
Neutralobserver:
Too bad Fowler could not do for Nigeria what he did for lagos.

Also, the above chart shows that most state governors, if not all(EXCEPT Lagos), are very very lazy. They cannot adequately raise their state IGR.

Rubbish.
When everything is concentrated in Lagos, that is the result you get.
Federal government of Nigeria built Lagos, by locating 90 percent of government projects there for over 50 years.
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by content208: 11:24am On Apr 26, 2021
Sammy07:
cheesy

God Bless Lagos State
God Bless South West.
God Bless Yoruba Landssss

I hope the huge IGR is reflecting in your personal finances.
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 26, 2021
36STATES:

Rubbish.
When everything is concentrated in Lagos, that is the result you get.
Federal government of Nigeria built Lagos, by locating 90 percent of government projects there for over 50 years.

Does that excuse the laziness of the state governors?

You Nigerians better realize that if you want true federalisim, you better start at the state level.
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 26, 2021
Saltybear:

Like I said carry on deceiving yourselves

Cry well e pain am grin

I think you are the one in pain.

I am not.

Good morning, and do try to back up any comments you make with proof.
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 26, 2021
isthatso:

dont worry he did for himself in federal what he did for himself in lagos

Welcome to APC, the mirror image of PDP.
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 26, 2021
Junior66:

Wrong analysis. Lagos has huge IGR inky because most Nigerian companies are located there, it is not necessary because the governor is working hard. There is a limit a hardworking governor can go in raising tax revenue. For instance, a state like Yobe can never raise 100 billion naira in tax revenue, there is no magic about it.

Still does not excuse the laziness of the other states....
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 26, 2021
Tianamen1:

please what is the tax to GDP ratio for Lagos state.

For a better view of the matter, see this article

1 Like

Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 26, 2021
Ifebazz:
If you remove the Port from Lagos, that IGR would drop by more than half. Why not revamp other ports in other states so we can see where we all stand?

That is why people in other states should put pressure on their governors, and their legislators to do the needful....as well as pressure on Abuja too.

Plus, it still does not excuse the laziness of state and local government governors and chairmen.
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by CodeTemplar: 12:19pm On Apr 26, 2021
seguno2:

How many acres of sugar plantations have been planted by Dangote since the last 10 years that he has been getting waivers and concessions?
Do you know how many?
If you don’t, you should stop making comments that negate your own words below:

Concessions are given and it is a matter of not giving it or giving it in reasonable moderation. Indeed Africa is a proof that a backwards mind and mindset is man's most severe disaster.

1 Like

Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by tonyson010(m): 12:21pm On Apr 26, 2021
Neutralobserver:
Too bad Fowler could not do for Nigeria what he did for lagos.

Also, the above chart shows that most state governors, if not all(EXCEPT Lagos), are very very lazy. They cannot adequately raise their state IGR.

They only remit small, chop most of it and run to FG for salary payment. This makes them to be so lazy in developing their state apart from managing to construct few roads and initiate projects that are often abandoned.
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 26, 2021
Neutralobserver:

Welcome to APC, the mirror image of PDP.

2 sides of the same coin
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by 7lives: 12:46pm On Apr 26, 2021
jrjfjfj:
No,It is you this foolish flat headed bastard from the east that dont have brain.You idiots just open your mouths like donkey.Will you tell me that you dont know that Yoruba produces more oil than the whole of south east .Moreover,Your foolish self couldnt even put up a research about apapa.Apapa Port was established in 1913 and construction of the first four deep water berths commenced in 1921,When oil was discovered in Nigeria in 1956.It was built by the british ,from Yoruba taxes to export cocoa and agricultural product from the North .And since then it has been under the Western Nigeria ,till the foolish obasanjo introduced land use act .That port has been serving nigeria from Yoruba money ,and noone has ever thought of paying yorubas the money generated from it since 1921.

Wow.
God bless.you for this exposition.
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by 7lives: 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2021
ariesbull:

Is Akure not ondo abi we have another one

Google is your friend na grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by 7lives: 12:58pm On Apr 26, 2021
Kcseeyou:
undecided Lagos already had an unfair advantage. Nevertheless, its just a matter of time before they lose their glory.
off

Is this why una try to burn Lagos? grin grin grin cheesy grin grin da bi no se da, never do wells.

1 Like

Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by 7lives: 1:09pm On Apr 26, 2021
post=101131100:
Ignorant minds with low mentality, na so you guys were causing nuisance on social media over IGR then until recession hit Nigeria your states couldn't pay oridinary salary until they were bailout by FG, na so Aregbesola said he could sustain Osun without FG allocation until breeze come blow, region of propaganda, how I wish every region will go their separate ways let see those that will survive, most of your elites will work in bakery in Togo then you will understand Nigerians made Lagos.

But SW under Awolowo also prosper, grin grin grin grin grin grin eni ki se ojo ekun yin.
Don't cry yet.

1 Like

Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by ofiko123(m): 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2021
God help us in this country...
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by jneutron4000: 2:33pm On Apr 26, 2021
[s]
Saltybear:
[s][/s]

[s]More trash yoruba media stats grin

One port alone is bigger and better than lagos port use google grin

Abonema port is better , Azumiri in igbo state of Abia has bigger access to to ocean but because you yorubas hate them you refuse to build a port there ;
The era of yoruba propaganda against us in the southsouth is over
[/s]Ignoramus simple Google Nigeria Map to see why Lagos port is far better than those ports you mentioned.
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by MrMaestro: 3:27pm On Apr 26, 2021
Igbos will be focusing on lagos instead of asking why their region is so low that it reaches the depths of the gutter. Second to last, and.if not for boko haram the SE would be the WORST region in all of Nigeria. Yet they are the loudest noise makers. I just laugh. Absolutely pathetic.
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 26, 2021
jneutron4000:
[s][/s]Ignoramus simple Google Nigeria Map to see why Lagos port is far better than those ports you mentioned.

You are a goat yet NPA rates intel port as number 1 in Nigeria

See how dumb you are?
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by Bluntemperor: 4:01pm On Apr 26, 2021
Neutralobserver:

IGR is different from federal allocations.

Instead of a serious discourse,you vent anger on money used to develop other States.
Well, please help to tell other listeners that Lagos now have Oil.Lagos has joined the Oil Producing States since 5- years now.
Re: IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020 by maxzzo1(m): 4:12pm On Apr 26, 2021
Still yet Lagos dey like glorify village......nebi talk am ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG To Reopen 30 Ex-Governors' Corruption Cases / State House, Dodan Barracks To Be Revitalized – Presidency / Atiku’s Lawyers Begin Scrutiny As Chicago University Releases Tinubu’s Academic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.